Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? - Romance (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (26615 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 9:23pm On May 26, 2009
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/07/22/single.black.women/index.html

45% never been married
7/08

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2007/08/22/joys-and-pains-of-being-a-single-black-woman/

60% never married or divorced now single
8/07

http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hh-fam/cps2008.html

If you read the report you will find that 70% is based on the age group of 27-29 year olds. This age group for most up and coming black females is when we are starting to put our careers forward and when we are dating to find the right man.

If you read further on the excel spreadsheet you find that number drops considerably.

For instance 30-34 is 53.9%, 35-39 is 35.4%, 40-44 is 31.6%.

The study further outlines that age group 15-64 is 50.3%

Please lets not go by common media statics and look it up on our own.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by angelgirl1(f): 9:32pm On May 26, 2009
na2day?:

***sighs**** if he is just ur boyfriend u are still seriously single bcuz when u file ur tax return u will file as a single person. there are those that were married and now divorce or separated, they file as single also, so the study is correct with its term "SINGLE"

But I am not actually single. I have a bf. So how many of those women that the study categorizes as single actually have long term partners. The study is flawed. They should rather do surveys of black women on a wide scale to see how many actually are single as in no bf/husband. Then the numbers would be accurate.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 9:50pm On May 26, 2009
sistawoman:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/07/22/single.black.women/index.html

45% never been married
7/08

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2007/08/22/joys-and-pains-of-being-a-single-black-woman/

60% never married or divorced now single
8/07

http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hh-fam/cps2008.html

If you read the report you will find that 70% is based on the age group of 27-29 year olds. This age group for most up and coming black females is when we are starting to put our careers forward and when we are dating to find the right man.

If you read further on the excel spreadsheet you find that number drops considerably.

For instance 30-34 is 53.9%, 35-39 is 35.4%, 40-44 is 31.6%.

The study further outlines that age group 15-64 is 50.3%

Please lets not go by common media statics and look it up on our own.

hey sweet heart, where have u been. u know u cant claim single since u are married to me wink wink
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sillyme(f): 9:53pm On May 26, 2009
bullshyte
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 9:57pm On May 26, 2009
angelgirl1:

But I am not actually single. I have a bf. So how many of those women that the study categorizes as single actually have long term partners. The study is flawed. They should rather do surveys of black women on a wide scale to see how many actually are single as in no bf/husband. Then the numbers would be accurate.

please go check the definition of "single" , u being with someone dont give u a legal base for anything period, if u are sure u r not single, try getting married this weekend  tongue tongue
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 26, 2009
na2day?:

please go check the definition of "single" , u being with someone dont give u a legal base for anything period, if u are sure u r not single, try getting married this weekend  tongue tongue

Na you go marry am abi?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 11:09pm On May 26, 2009
michelin89:

Na you go marry am abi?

akamu! ! ! angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 11:10pm On May 26, 2009
michelin89:

Na you go marry am abi?

He is already married angry
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 26, 2009
na2day?:

akamu! ! ! angry angry angry angry

Beans!

sistawoman:

He is already married angry

He is polygamous like all his mates.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 11:21pm On May 26, 2009
sistawoman:

He is already married  angry

sistawoman, ignore her, she is looking for a guy by force. u know u r my one and only, the only sugar in my tea and ur sugar is very sweet  wink
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 12:05am On May 27, 2009
na2day?:

sistawoman, ignore her, she is looking for a guy by force. u know u r my one and only, the only sugar in my tea and ur sugar is very sweet wink

I knew she was lying baby. I knew she was trying to come in between us. I love you baby to the ends of the earth and back again. I am not going to let anyone come in between us.

But you know that.

Even when I saw that video with that guy having sex with that girl with a tatto on his ass that looks just like yours, in the same spot as yours and his hair cut just like yours and manliness the same size as yours and his face looked just like you but you told me it was not you. I knew that someone was just trying to break us up then.

I will not listen to any of these haters.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 12:21am On May 27, 2009
sistawoman:

I knew she was lying baby. I knew she was trying to come in between us. I love you baby to the ends of the earth and back again. I am not going to let anyone come in between us.

now thats my girl kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

sistawoman:

But you know that.

Even when I saw that video with that guy having sex with that girl with a tatto on his ass that looks just like yours, in the same spot as yours and his hair cut just like yours and manliness the same size as yours and his face looked just like you but you told me it was not you. I knew that someone was just trying to break us up then.

I will not listen to any of these haters.

it wasnt me & u know my middle name isn't shaggy. the only reason that dude looked like me is bcuz of cloning, i promise i am not shaggy embarassed
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 12:26am On May 27, 2009
na2day?:

now thats my girl kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

it wasnt me & u know my middle name isn't shaggy. the only reason that dude looked like me is bcuz of cloning, i promise i am not shaggy embarassed

I know it was not you and I am sorry for bringing it up again.

Will you be coming home tonight?

If so what would you like for dinner baby? And what time can I expect you so that your dinner will be hot and ready for you. I want to have your robe and slippers by the front door when you come in. I know you will need a bath to wash the smell of that other women the smell of the office off of you.

I love you so much.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by yme1(f): 12:32am On May 27, 2009
sistawoman:

If so what would you like for dinner baby? And what time can I expect you so that your dinner will be hot and ready for you. I want to have your robe and slippers by the front door when you come in. I know you will need a bath to wash the smell of that other women the smell of the office off of you.

I love you so much.
i had berra go get a rat poison right now grin cheesy
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 12:49am On May 27, 2009
sistawoman:

I love you so much.

ha, i will be a little late today honey, i got some important work to do. when i get home i will wake u. luv u much kiss kiss kiss

y me:

i had berra go get a rat poison right now grin cheesy

na wetin? u knw no say the loff wey sistawoman get 4 me pass rat poison level? i think cry cry
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 12:53am On May 27, 2009
na2day?:

ha, i will be a little late today honey, i got some important work to do. when i get home i will wake u. luv u much kiss kiss kiss

na wetin? u knw no say the loff wey sistawoman get 4 me pass rat poison level? i think cry cry

Baby i dont listen to them haters. . . . no matter how many women show up to our door with children and DNA results talking about its your child. I know like you know those papers can be faked. I know you love me and only me and that magic stick is just for me.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 12:58am On May 27, 2009
sistawoman:

Baby i dont listen to them haters. . . . no matter how many women show up to our door with children and DNA results talking about its your child. I know like you know those papers can be faked. I know you love me and only me and that magic stick is just for me.

that right honey, all these other women are liars grin grin grin all i got is for u kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 24, 2009
because black women in usa have ego n d men too have.dey r independent minded.the african woman in nigeria n oda developing nation feels dat dia world has crumbled if their husband jilts dem or if dey file 4 divorce,society too has made dem feel so.but america is a land of freedom,dey have d mentality dat dey can be who dey want to be widout any man n dey sure dont let anybody make dem feel bad or less human with their single status but in africa,we luk down at single ladies so because of dat d pressure is too much.u no theres is a proverb dat says nobody can make u fil negative bout ursef widout ur consent,if u admit it den u let d negativity dat anoda person fils bout u get 2 u but american single ladies dont give a f**k bout wot anybody thinks bout dem,as 4 beyonces single ladies i think she has internal problems within herself which is reflecting on her attitude n consequently her song
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nwogeneugo: 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2010
[Quote by sistawoman

The decisions isn't just on him, if we don't agree or come to a term than he can't do it

The type of man i have, listens to me, my opinion is what matters, and Vice-versa
lol @cooking his food 1st, it doesn't work that way with us

Common sense should tell her to serve some drink to the visitors, and he can do the same

What you listed is not bad, but it the tone he uses that determines whether it submissive or not

my opinion matters but the final decison rests on his shoulders as the head of the house and what he says goes.  There can not be two heads, one person has to be responsible for those things, at least that is how i was raised and how i function now.  When the poo hits the fan he has to fix it too, so with that power comes responsibility and a real man wont buck under that presure but will welcome it.

I would never ever expect my husband to serve vistors that come into our home, i would feel embarrassed and would for sure chop off his head in private if he ever stepped into my terrorty to do that.

I would never feel comfortable with my husband serving me a plate of food, unless i was sick.

Does that make me a slave, I dont think so, i just know my place in my marriage and my worth in his heart.][quote][/quote]

i want to commend the post by sistawoman.
i just had to say something once i read your post, you are a real woman.
i am married and my wife is not a slave because my sisters can never ever be a slave in any man's house
but i am the head of my home, not as in dictator idi amin but as in the buck stops with me, somebody must take responsibility as the head, it cannot be shared. the funny thing is that even in mediaval times and now, men are the titular heads while Women are the de facto heads of the home, women are the ones that really run the home. think of men as the president of the home while the woman is the secretary general, add to this the skill of backseat driving that our moms have perfected over centuries and you get the idea how important a woman really is.
any man who does not consult his wife when taking decisions is obviously not playing his best team.

you are not a slave because you submit to your husband.
Can you support you husband without a job withou a job withou complaining, so amny men are doing it with no noise, but women complain because in you heart you know that is not the natural order of things.
if you are equal make you propose to your fiance/boyfriend or toast am like for three months whether egree or not, infact any guy wey u see and you like am toast to show equality and no feel bad if e no gree, na so we men dey see am. Then i go gree say we really dey equal.
God made us to complement each other not to compete with each other.

Sistawoman- i hail you for your courage to speak direction to your drifting sisters, you are truly blessed
sorry for the long post .
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by GEW: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2010
wbb
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
hm
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by ShyOne(f): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
This is the oddest thread I have seen in a VERY LONG TIME.

Not being married doesn't = SINGLE in AMERICA

I don't know ANY WOMAN that isn't either living with her mate, if they aren't married it is because they chose NOT TO MARRY.  Women here live openly unmarried with their mate and many of them have been together for years.

Many women here don't care to marry and don't see it as an achievement on any level to be desired or to work towards.  The culture in the U.S. is totally different and the culture here "places value" on different things than they do in other areas of the world.

Many women here are thrilled and happy to be single, to be independent.  Many people here don't want to marry and settle down.  If they were to read this thread - many would wonder "why their Non-Marital Status" is up for conversation or concern or analysis in other areas of the world as when you look around in America - the Single Life is "placed on a level of value" and not of disdain, worry or concern.  It is seen as normal, acceptable and definitely not as abnormal or to lose any sleep over on any level.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by MMM2(m): 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2011
ok
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by MrsChima(f): 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
Shy-One:

This is the oddest thread I have seen in a VERY LONG TIME.

Not being married doesn't = SINGLE in AMERICA

I don't know ANY WOMAN that isn't either living with her mate, if they aren't married it is because they chose NOT TO MARRY.  Women here live openly unmarried with their mate and many of them have been together for years.

Many women here don't care to marry and don't see it as an achievement on any level to be desired or to work towards.  The culture in the U.S. is totally different and the culture here "places value" on different things than they do in other areas of the world.

Many women here are thrilled and happy to be single, to be independent.  Many people here don't want to marry and settle down.  If they were to read this thread - many would wonder "why their Non-Marital Status" is up for conversation or concern or analysis in other areas of the world as when you look around in America - the Single Life is "placed on a level of value" and not of disdain, worry or concern.  It is seen as normal, acceptable and definitely not as abnormal or to lose any sleep over on any level.

Exactly. Good response. kiss Imma name the girl Shyisha. tongue
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by MrsChima(f): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2011
tom28:

hm

Of course YOU would find this THREAD. lipsrsealed Why are YOU single? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by ShyOne(f): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Exactly. Good response. kiss Imma name the girl Shyisha. tongue

lololololol

Chima - what in the world are you talking about?

lolololololol

Much love to ya sissy.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by MrsChima(f): 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
Imma name my baby girl, Shyisha.  You know us black folks be naming our babies some bleeped up names.  My friend named her daughter Cordienay after the father whose name is Cordell.

Hey!  cheesy
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by ShyOne(f): 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2011
OK

So are you having a girl? What's going on over there Chima? When are u due?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by 27naira(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2011
**singing** To all ma single ladies, put your hands up oh oh oh
if you bleep me ama put a ring on it oh oh oh

cool

ain't you guy gonna quit this rant and get a life?

Akata this, akata that, AA this AA that, Obama this, Obama that, 70% this, 40% that. shior!

If marriage no reach you endure, there are not enough men to go round. cool

signing out. LMAO
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by MrsChima(f): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
Shy-One:

OK

So are you having a girl? What's going on over there Chima? When are u due?

We do not know what we are having we wants to be surprised. Not soon enough.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by ShyOne(f): 2:00am On Jul 08, 2011
Chima:

I have some things I would love to send to you - once you give birth. Actually have you had a baby shower yet? Can you let us know when you have a baby shower? Get a P.O. Box so we can send some items to you. I would love to be a part of your wonderful celebration.

I wish nothing but the best for you and your husband. I really do enjoy you Chima. NL's going to have a baby, NL's going to have a baby, yay, yay, yay - Shy-One skipping and jumping rope.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by ShyOne(f): 2:01am On Jul 08, 2011
I love to shop Chima and I love to buy baby clothes - they are sooo tiny and pretty and cute. Just adorable little bitty things, ooooo wow - don't I wish - I am jealous Chima, I am jealous. But very happy for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Ladies: What Do You Do When Your Crush Doesn't Start A Chat(dm) Properly? / My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her? / Guys Why Do You Send Pm's???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.