Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (26617 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2008
women . . . you always find them in the kitchen . . . talking nineteen to the dozen. grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2008
KarmaMod:

The irony is that the same people saying all this bullshit are the same dudes running after white women.

Like I said before, women that fall for this are pathetic

Let them continue to breed fatherless children and never getting a ring all in the name of being loyal

But Karma if they are doing that are they really wify material?

If they are spreading thier legs for every Tom, manliness and Harry are they really the type that a REAL man would wife down?

Addtionally are you saying that other races have lowered thier standards so low that they will accept these type of women and place rings on their fingers?  If I am misunderstanding your statement please correct me.  smiley
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tpia: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2008
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2008
I thought we were talking about black men in America and not just those on NL.

If this discussion is limited to just NL then I need to mend my posts.

tpia:

who are these real men you're referring to?

the ones whose lives mirror some extremely daft threads in the sexuality, family and romance sections?

eg my faithful wife loves me so I gave her syphilis and maybe Aids?

or Help! I want to sleep with my sister in law, my stepmother, and every single female relative of any girl I'm dating!

or All I need is a woman to kiss my golden behind 24/7 after dumping her paycheck in my wallet?

or Women must be seen, not heard.

maybe those threads are by women pretending to be men?

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2008
tpia:

who are these real men you're referring to?

I wonder. If a black man can marry the white woman he knocked up, why is there an excuse for not marrying the black woman he knocks up?

what bloody difference does it make
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tpia: 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2008
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2008
KarmaMod:

I wonder. If a black man can marry the white woman he knocked up, why is there an excuse for not marrying the black woman he knocks up?

what bloody difference does it make

You mean to tell me you dont know any white baby mama's with black daddies? Sista you really have to get out more.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2008
tpia:

little difference for the most part.

Lumping all men together as "real men" is what I don't understand here.

Handsome is as handsome does, and just as there are black women who some may not consider wife material, likewise there are black males who can't be considered husband material by any stretch of the imagination.

I never said ALL men are REAL men; All I said was REAL would not pick these type of women as a wife.

Real recognizes real and maybe that is why so many are single; they are not real.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tpia: 10:39pm On Nov 21, 2008
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 10:39pm On Nov 21, 2008
Handsome is as handsome does, and just as there are black women who some may not consider wife material, likewise there are black males who can't be considered husband material by any stretch of the imagination.

There you go.

sistawoman:

You mean to tell me you don't know any white baby mama's with black daddies?    Sista you really have to get out more.

Black men can only pull that shit on trailer trash. However they can pull it on majority of BA women.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by LoveAlways(f): 1:58am On Nov 22, 2008
@Sisterwoman  (been trying to post this all day - so busy today  lol)

really how many of those single Black Women are really wify material?

Lets be honest most of the ones still not married are that way because they are chickenheads and are not worthy of a ring.  And sometimes these hot in the pants girls get the eyes of our black men and lure them in with lots of tricks and cover shows to cover up their lack of essence but still I would never encourage anyone to give up on the brothas.

Sisterwoman, I do not have female friendships with "chickenheads" or "Little Kims".  But in defense,  even the most "chickenhead" woman cares for her child the best way she can.  Because of this, I deem the average "Maury Povich Chick aka Chickenhead"  to be more responsible than the average low quality BM.    (Low quality black men who abandon their children.  I'm not speaking of BM who handle their business - by the way).

I often observe black women in my residential complex.  Very hardworking, professional BW who are single and refuse to "date down."  I've lived here for a substantial amount of time, and year after year, the same BW are single.  I have a single girlfriend who is a math instructor.  Another who is executive coordinator of the city village hall.  One who manages the office services department at a patent and trademark law firm.  I have a single girlfriend who owns her own nail salon.  I have a single girlfriend (neighbor) who is a RN.  And another single girlfriend who owns her an antique consignment shop (which was rated the top consignment store in wisconsin).  All of these women are in their 30s.  They are black and have been single for awhile.

They have to date low quality BM (LQs).  Or BM who are separated from their wives.  This is called "dating down".  So, I'm not refering to the Little Kims.  I'm speaking of healthy-minded, ambitious, attractive and very single BW.  

Some black men have habitually been in and out of sour relationships with the little Kims of the world.  By the time these wounded BM meet serious minded BW, they are at a lost when it comes to building healthy relationships. They have nothing to bring to the table.  Many of them can't get over "Little Kim".  Many of them are "momma's boys."  Some of these BM have too many children.  A healthy minded BW does not have time to sort through a dwindling pool of BM. 

So what I gather by your response;  your message to these healthy-minded black women would be to wait for BM? Sisterwoman, puhlease (laughing).  These BW need to "date out" and find quality men, without race being a factor.  

others have given up on our brothas.  So many others have counted them down and out and not worthy of their attention and love, I just can't see myself doing that to them.  

Sisterwoman, 70% of black children live in single parent homes.  Not 10% not 20% -- a WHOPPING 70%.  BM gave up on the black community a long time ago.  BM gave up on BW and black children.  (quality BM not included)  Why should perfectly eligible BW twiddle their thumbs waiting for BM to come back to the community?  
Seriously, answer this.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by LoveAlways(f): 3:07am On Nov 22, 2008
@ sisterwoman

really how many of those single Black Women are really wify material?

"Wifey Material"  --  This is just another tactical phrase used by BM  to control BW.  Who are you, or anyone else to suggest that one BW woman is worthy of marriage while another BW woman is not?  Wifey Material -- Is a phrase that some BM use to dodge responsibilities in the black community.  BM also use this phrase to get easy sex.  Most of these BM have no idea what "Wifey Material" is. 

Example/Dodging Responsibility: 

BW:  "What happen in your last relationship?"  "Why didn't you marry your baby's momma, where's your baby?" 
BM:   "Oh, she wasn't Wifey Material, I don't even think the kid is mine."
BW:  "Well did you pursue DNA testing?"
BM:   "Nope"

Example/Easy Sex:

BM:  "Damn baby, you is Wifey Material."
BW:  "Foe real?  (legs spread like she's at the engagement finishline).  9 months later, she's pregnant and he's gone.

(laughing) BW REALLY need to wake up to these "black mammy" games and community "mammy" programming.   Some BM and some in the community condition BW to keep the home fires burning, while some BM remain unloyal to a race of women and a race of children.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by acidrop(f): 3:08am On Nov 22, 2008
cos dem black bros are after them white ass shawty
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by LoveAlways(f): 3:30am On Nov 22, 2008
@aciddrop

because them black bros are after them white ass shawty

Exactly, alot of BM are after non-black women and gay men.  Which I have no problem with.  To each his own.

But honestly, a majority of BM have no intention to marry black women in posession of this supposed "wifey material" that you speak of.  The average low quality BM, can't even define the phrase "wifey material". 

But once again, it's not really about what black men do at this point, it's about black women becoming self-advocates. It's about black women recognizing sexism in the black community.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by acidrop(f): 3:35am On Nov 22, 2008
no mind them jor. . . . .who even posted this thread sef. . . .
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sexyLeamon(f): 4:19am On Nov 22, 2008
Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single?

I think that so many are single due to a lot of factors. One is that, media & magazines do favor the skinny white Blondie female lighter eyes, fair skin etc, Young black boys look at men's magazines and only see white women and light skin black women with straight hair or weaves/relaxers. Attitudes is another reason, the biggest stereotype about black is that we have bad attitudes. Of course not all do but some have that ghetto loud bitter/angry attitude which any sensible man is not going to find attractive. another thing is that, white women stealing all the decent black guys, and we won't settle for a crappy man.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by LoveAlways(f): 6:12am On Nov 22, 2008
Someone sent this video link to my email   --  Thanks, it's very interesting.  This guy really touches on some of the reasons why BW should start "dating out". Find relationships with quality men, no matter what race or ethnic background. 

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtDN7jnWCyY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/flash]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 9:02am On Nov 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMClmPJF2Iw
I think everyone should see this especially since the OP was dissing the video.
My comments will come later after this.
We have the support of a white man to demand for rings!!!!!!!!!!!
How has Sasha Fierce now failed us, huh?
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMClmPJF2Iw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/flash]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2008
the guy in the video is so gay tongue tongue tongue tongue

j-girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMClmPJF2Iw
I think everyone should see this especially since the OP was dissing the video.
My comments will come later after this.
We have the support of a white man to demand for rings!!!!!!!!!!!
How has Sasha Fierce now failed us, huh?
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMClmPJF2Iw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/flash]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by merge(f): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2008
This thread does not make any sense.

This 70% apply to predominately African American women

African represent only like 1%-2% of the total population in the US

This statics does not apply to Nigerian women in American

Most Nigerian women in American are married.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2008
speak for ur self woman

merge:

This thread does not make any sense.

This 70% apply to predominately African American women

African represent only like 1%-2% of the total population in the US

This statics does not apply to Nigerian women in American

Most Nigerian women in American are married.

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by LoveAlways(f): 7:51am On Nov 23, 2008
@Na2Day

forget that, black women are single not bcuz they choose to be but they happen to be, i have talked to a zillion of them and they all want a man but the fact is, most of them don't even know the definition of a man or how to make their male companion the desired man they want. i have given alot of them advice before and that have led many of them to behave themselves and found peace in their relationship. a friend of mine in oklahoma once told me to open a consulting firm for relationship management bcuz she thinks i am gifted in it. this past wednesday in church, an AA girl told me she finally understands my point or the roles of males and females in a relationship. bottom line is, most black women that marry outside their race will also marry in the race and be very very successful bcuz they already understand thoroughly the act of compromise; they wont be loud mouthed and always trying to man their men look small for any kind of mistake just to score points with her peeps.

Once again, black women are single for various factors.  Right now, the current state of black women singleness is because BW are a bit hesitant to seek relationships with non-black men.  Some BW continue to hold on to black community programming when it comes to dating and finding marriagable mates.  I let go of this kind of programming and "unnecessary loyalty" along time ago. 

My message to my friends, is to find suitable mates by adding quality non-black men to their dating pool.  Black women do not have to remain loyal to a group of unloyal men (laughing),  It's obsurd.  And here you are giving advice to AA women who AT LEAST attend church services, but have you even bothered to look around?  Where are the black men in your church?  I bet you will find about 4 of them present (laughing).  I'm sure the black women at your church, outnumber black men drastically.   They do not need advice, they need to go where they can find quality men, even if they have to date outside of the AA community.  That should be your advice to these black women, if you really cared.

I do not meet men from the internet, though I do chat with alot of people.  I chat with more non-black men who desire BW woman, than I do african american men.  I even chat with a white guy who lurks the Nigerian threads here.  Some white men really desire BW and Continental African women, but do not know how to approach BW, because BW are so programmed to "keep the home fires burning".  Alot of BW are quick to tell a non-black man to f*ck off, when he's only trying to open lines of communication.  This has to change.

Because there is little to no media representation of black female beauty (besides those dreaded hip hop videos) black women also fear that non-black men will find them unattractive.  Black men also add to this stigma, when they go around the internet bashing black women as a scapegoat to date more white women.  Luckily, most people outside of America are able to "see through" the American media programming.  To think that every non-black man is interested in black women, is untrue.  BUT truth is, a large number of non-black men are very interested in black women.  One of the white guys I chat with most, often hits me up for advice on how to woo his black female interest.  He is very interested in her, but I can tell that she is starting to "back down" from what he has been telling me. 

Anywoo, I will post below an interesting letter I found on YahooAnswers.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by LoveAlways(f): 8:20am On Nov 23, 2008
Cont -- @Na2day Black women -- dating non-black men example

Shocked by British men's choice, what is WRONG WITH MEN IN EUROPE?
I'm a college student here in the US and this summer I did the "studying abroad" like most universities have. There were about 45 students this summer from the business school in my University.

I'm 23 years and I consider myself a good looking white girl because I take care of myself. I do not look down on others or races. I'm obvious white, 115 pounds, 5"5" tall, 36 bust. In college i have a lot of guys going after me and my friends.

STUDY ABROAD SUMMER:

This summer the study abroad was in london. We were so excited about being in london and meeting good looking british guys. To our surprise, we found that european men preferred to go after black women. This was shocking and such an eye opener to me and my white girl friends.

We went to pubs, clubs, restaurants. lounges and some other fancy places. It was the same. They bought drinks for them. Thats not to say that white men did not hit on white girls just that seemed to be on equal grounds. Which is good but surprising because this does not usually happen in america.

OUR GROUP:

our group of girls had 3 white girls and 2 African American girls. I'm not racist. Even in school this is our usual circle of friends. We travelled together in Europe and every where else.

WHAT HAPPENED:

Every time we went out, the british white guys would mostly be after the African American girls. My African American girls are also pretty. It's just that it shocked us the white American girls. We thought, we would be the first pick. I guess we are used to the white American guys not appraoching black girls, I thought it would be the same there.

LEARNING EXPERIENCE:

I found that in europe a white girl is not the most wanted girl. I learned tthat white and black girls have equal chances when it comes to men there. We found that there are many white men and black women couples in the UK as there are black men and white women couples. Unlike in the US where there much more blcak men and white women couples compared to white men and black women couples

By the time we went out for the 4th times, we the white girls knew it was fair game for the men for both black and white girls.

I WAS HURT NOT because I'm white but because there were some guy there that i would have liked to have spent some time with but instead they chose to get to know an African America girl. I would have felt the same way had they chosen an other white girl over me

CONCLUSION:

Not all but from what we experienced we learned that european men view women of all races in the same way or view black women in better light than white american men. This happened when we went to France, Ireland, Scotland, Switerland, Italy and Germany.

Bare in mind that there are a lot black british people in the UK. I have lived with black people for as long as we have.

I had a good time though. I learned a lot about other people and culture.

MY QUESTION:

Why is it different here. In america, i'm a 100% certain that if I were to walk in a place with only white men and I walked in with some African American girls that a white man would appraoch a black woman at least not in public or in front of a white girl.

What makes a white american man different from a white european man?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2008
To our surprise, we found that european men preferred to go after black women. This was shocking and such an eye opener to me and my white girl friends.

Lmfao grin

Were the men Italian? tongue

and the girl in the "letter" is suspicious with her constant "Im not racist" gibberish. Guess she was hurt. Lol poor thing cheesy

Maybe the rumor of black women being "loud and horible" hasnt reach Europe yet grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Uche2nna(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2008
The question is would they view those ladies as "gals they would bring home to mama". undecided Just wondering if the Europeans that were hitting on black ladies in the clubs are just doing that to fulfil some fantasies
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2008
Maybe they r losing the men to homosexuality. grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ LoveAlways

why do u always have to reply with an epistle? angry angry angry angry angry angry sotey e get part 2, haba! na nigerian film? angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2008
Uche2nna:

Just wondering if the Europeans that were hitting on black ladies in the clubs are just doing that to fulfil some fantasies

Are the white women that date black men also fulfilling MANDINGO fantasies?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tpia: 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2008
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2008
yup, especially the white women, they heard about the wonders of the BM and they want to find out first hand

KarmaMod:

Are the white women that date black men also fulfilling MANDINGO fantasies?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by LoveAlways(f): 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2008
@Karmamod

Were the men Italian? 

and the girl in the "letter" is suspicious with her constant "I'm not racist" gibberish. Guess she was hurt. Lol poor thing   

Yeah, I noticed that too "I'm not racist" over and over.  Yet, she asks "What's Wrong with British Men?"  Like something is wrong with english guys who pursue black women.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by LoveAlways(f): 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ Uche2nna

The question is would they view those ladies as "gals they would bring home to mama". Just wondering if the Europeans that were hitting on black ladies in the clubs are just doing that to fulfil some fantasies

Well, I don't know. Maybe so, I wasn't at the club (laughing). But anything is possible. It was just interesting to me that the african american girls did not turn the british guys down. Black women are known for doing that in the name of "unecessary racial loyalty", when it's just a dance and some drinks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Ladies: What Do You Do When Your Crush Doesn't Start A Chat(dm) Properly? / My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her? / Guys Why Do You Send Pm's???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.