Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (26653 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Can these angry black women read from a young 22-year old Nigerian lady brimming with wisdom?

@ilurveit, we need ore women like you biko!
Now I'm convinced that you are scared of women who don't submit. LOL! Wetin they do you? Has one of them beat you up or something?
We are not angry. As far as I know for at least myself, I'm the happiest girl in the house today.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tope2000(f): 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

My husband knows everything about me.  Including my cheating on my first husband.

He asks i answer honestly. One of the things he says he loves most about me is that I don't pretend with him.  With him i feel like for the first time ever in a r/s I can be completely honest and not be judged.

Please tell me how my arranged marriage is any different then the ones done years ago.  Tell me you don't know one person that went into an arrangement and found true love.

My husband loves me, what he does, how he is and how he talks shows me that he loves me.   I can see it in his eyes when says my name, I can feel it in his touch when he reaches for me, i can taste it on his lips when he kisses me.  What is so wrong with being so in love with your spouse that you would do anything to bring their happiness.  It is a two street.  He respects and adores me, he dotes on me.  He respects me and my opinions.

Judge me all you want, say he will leave and I tell you what if he does, if all this is pretend for him then it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about that because it has already been written but I will not live my life in fear of the unknown.  I will do my job as his wife and stand by his side.  My man is a wonderful father, husband, provider, lover and friend.  What we share is so much more specail than any other relationship I have ever had.

i will cater to him until the last breath out of my body is taken.  He always puts my needs first and I do the same.  He treats me like i treat him and we both know our place in our marriage.

Everything is not for everybody.  What works for me and my husband will not work for the next one.  I would not trade that man for nothing.  And i think God everyday that he brought him, no matter the circumstances, into my life.

No mind them jare grin grin grin grin
Do your thing wink

U guys need to stop judging sistawoman if she didnt open up abt her past life, none us wud have known. yeah she cheated on her first husband. im sure alot of people here too have lot of things they are hiding or have things they've regretted doing. Her opinions is just different from urs, thats all.
For christ sakes. Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2008
chika98:

I have no issues with anyone. Just saw a thread and replied to it. Whatever that is being said on here isn't behind anyone's back because if she ain't here now . .  . she will surely see it later.

And that makes it morally right?? undecided

RichyBlacK:

Can these angry black women read from a young 22-year old Nigerian lady brimming with wisdom?

@ilurveit, we need ore women like you biko!

Apparently, the angry black women won't read such intelligent write-up.
They are busy throwing tantrums here and there.
And are we still wondering why many of em are single??
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2008
[size=13pt]@RichToo much noise kai
By the way, why are you still single embarassed embarassed
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2008
Tell me you don't know one person that went into an arrangement and found true love.

I really havent.

when he gets his greencard and he;'s still with you, 15 years later then we'll take you seriously

Until then pardon us while we smirk

BA women coming here cussing Naija dudes after he flees isnt a new thing on NL after all

I do respect you for not having kids with him however.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

I though this anuofia madu said she won't respond to my post. She just couldn't resist the truth. grin

hahahahhaha u tot right ,quote me,oloshi ni e,taaa gbe enue soun ojare,gbegborun which truth,but wait a minute,if at ur age u have no brains to hold up ya head then when will it come?

ele foro ohia like u,taaa mechie gi onu there,agadi ekwe nka
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

i will cater to him until the last breath out of my body is taken. He always puts my needs first and I do the same. He treats me like i treat him and we both know our place in our marriage.

Everything is not for everybody. What works for me and my husband will not work for the next one. I would not trade that man for nothing. And i think God everyday that he brought him, no matter the circumstances, into my life.
Sistawoman, I really have no problem at all with this. My disagreement comes when you think that other naija men are like your husband. Do you know how many goats in here will take advantage of your 'submission'? I think you should count yourself lucky that your husband is not using it to his advantage.

Most of the rams in here will not be that charitable to the women they claim they love
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

any reason why you ignored the latter part of that comment, Richy

you and the other guys that quoted the girl ALL ignored the latter part of the comment. What a surprise

Na wa o! Did somebody change the meaning of the word "ignore"? Go look, I posted her entire post abd ignored nothing!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by chika98: 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
~Sauron~:

And that makes it morally right?? undecided

What did i say wrong? Someone was praising sistawoman and i just suggested that they should give her a medal then. What is wrong with that? I really didnt read the whole thread to know what's going on here .
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Na wa o! Did somebody change the meaning of the word "ignore"? Go look, I posted her entire post abd ignored nothing!

The first time you quoted it, it was IGNORED. Why is the first paragraph in bold and not the second?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Riskie(f): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2008
@ Topic --- Maybe because a lot of them are ok with the idea of being single.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2008
[size=13pt]@sista
Good if you ohhhhh, if submissive works for you!!Fine
carry go
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by MrCrackles(m): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2008
Riskie:

I think i flow wit u on dis one smiley
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2008
Riskie:

They are not okay with it.
Their disgraceful attitude is the major reason why many of em are unmarried.

chika98:

What did i say wrong? Someone was praising sistawoman and i just suggested that they should give her a medal then. What is wrong with that? I really didnt read the whole thread to know what's going on here .

Never mind.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

hahahahhaha u tot right ,quote me,oloshi ni e,taaa gbe enue soun ojare,gbegborun which truth,but wait a minute,if at ur age u have no brains to hold up ya head then when will it come?

ele foro ohia like u,taaa mechie gi onu there,agadi ekwe nka

Chai! Dis thing dey pain dis woman o! Single, angry and black is never a good combination!

Stay dia dey waste time. You're getting old fast and so better start taking getting a life partner seriously - your "biological clock" is ticking fast o! At least get a man before Sasha Obama enters college.

We men are happy to read from sane women like sistawoman and ilurveit, not angry feminazis like you!

Change or else no man will marry you! You fit go marry your fellow feminazi - no probs!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

Sistawoman, I really have no problem at all with this. My disagreement comes when you think that other naija men are like your husband. Do you know how many goats in here will take advantage of your 'submission'? I think you should count yourself lucky that your husband is not using it to his advantage.

Most of the rams in here will not be that charitable to the women they claim they love

If he took advantage of my submission then I would not be submissive.

That is why i keep saying I am sooooooooooooooo lucky to have him.  There is no way i could grin and bare it with a man that was oppressive.

But to be honest I have not met any Nigerian men that did not appreciate their women being submissive.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by chika98: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2008
~Sauron~:

They are not okay with it.
Their disgraceful attitude is the major reason why many of em are unmarried.

Never mind.

A lot of people are single for so many different reasons. No body knows it all. Sisterwoman can say things that makes sense now because she has learned her lessons. In marriage there's a lot to learn. One has to have a lot of patience as well. What woman out there doesn't know that they should be submissive?? Then again it depends on what your definition of "submission" is
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2008
Single, angry and black is never a good combination!

She's not single, dingbat. She's also a mother.

It's really annoying to see people insult others based on ASSUMPTIONS. At least some of us use FACTS
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Chai! this thing dey pain this woman o! Single, angry and black is never a good combination!

Stay dia dey waste time. You're getting old fast and so better start taking getting a life partner seriously - your "biological clock" is ticking fast o! At least get a man before Sasha Obama enters college.

We men are happy to read from sane women like sistawoman and ilurveit, not angry feminazis like you!

Change or else no man will marry you! You fit go marry your fellow feminazi - no probs!

hahahahahahhahahahhhahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahhahaahhaahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahhaahhaha  u see why i said u r a dolly?quote where i said im a feminist,richy if u dont quote it right now,then u r a frustrated fool cool quote oooo,i want to see anu ofia ne si'isi

illurveit and sistawoman have made their point,infact u shouldnt be in dis thread,look at sistawmn talking about her own man,marry ur own wife so dat she will come and talk about u too,old cargo,e be like say d juice don finish for ur body or no girl gree manage,dont blame me dear,blame d devil for cursing u cool
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

That is why i keep saying I am sooooooooooooooo lucky to have him. There is no way i could grin and bare it with a man that was oppressive.

But to be honest[b] I have not met any Nigerian men that did not appreciate their women being submissive[/b].
Exactly!
That's what I'm saying. I have seen a lot of Nigerian men that do not appreciate the submission. Instead they leave their homes to sleep with other girls and take advantage of it to treat the ladies bad.
My meaning of compromise on the other hand comes from my parents who, God bless them, respect each other more than one can ever imagine.

If you see what I have seen other guys do to their women, you will understand why many of us are replying this way.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

She's not single, dingbat. She's also a mother.

It's really annoying to see people insult others based on ASSUMPTIONS. At least some of us use FACTS

leave richyblack,let him continue acting like a babygirl,talk is cheap,his talks r cheap grin let him continue assuming im single

oga asumption grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

That is why i keep saying I am sooooooooooooooo lucky to have him.  There is no way i could grin and bare it with a man that was oppressive.

[size=18pt]But to be honest I have not met any Nigerian men that did not appreciate their women being submissive.[/size]

Gbosa! Jackpot!!

Sistawoman, thank you very much! You have said it all!!

Please tell the many ostriches here! Tell them!

We Nigerian men appreciate a respectful and submissive wife!

Many of the ostriches here will go date crooks and hen thee crooks break their heads, they'll start crying. You sleep will dogs, you get fleas.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2008
chika98:

A lot of people are single for so many different reasons. No body knows it all.

But the wedding industry is still growing. . . . . . .

Sisterwoman can say things that makes sense now because she has learned her lessons. In marriage there's a lot to learn. One has to have a lot of patience as well. What woman out there doesn't know that they should be submissive?? Then again it depends on what your definition of "submission" is

I think u need to go back and read the thread from the beginning and see the idiotic and spastic comments some women have made.
P.S. I said their nasty and bitchy attitude is the MAJOR REASON most of em are unmarried(of course, there are many other reasons).
The number of black men in American Prisons is another FACTOR.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by MrCrackles(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2008
shocked

Danke is boiling again?!

I tire oo

Single ladies in America, make una come comot Danke for here oo! grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Gbosa! Jackpot!!

We Nigerian men appreciate a respectful and submissive wife
!

Many of the ostriches here will go date crooks and hen thee crooks break their heads, they'll start crying. You sleep will dogs, you get fleas.

Naija men want submissive women with good heads on their shoulders.
Many of the ostriches would die and rot SINGLE. It's not a CURSE. grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

If you see what I have seen other guys do to their women, you will understand why many of us are replying this way.

The hell does a Non Nigerian know about how other nigerian women are treated. Luckily for her, as an akata, if her man acts up she can leave without society blaming her for the downfall of the marriage. Ki were ma benu soun

You have that lunatic who with his own mouth said his wife was always faithful, submissive, never argued. Didnt he end up sleeping with her sister and giving her syphillis?

the same people looking for a quiet mouse at hand are ironically the ones that cheat on this same wife with loud awful people.

Ungrateful creatures.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by chika98: 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2008
~Sauron~:

But the wedding industry is still growing. . . . . . .

I think u need to go back and read the thread from the beginning and see the idiotic and spastic comments some women have made.
P.S. I said their nasty and bitchy attitude is the MAJOR REASON most of em are unmarried(of course, there are many other reasons).
The number of black men in American Prisons is another FACTOR.

And recession proof too. Lmao. I tire today jare.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Gbosa! Jackpot!!

We Nigerian men appreciate a respectful and submissive wife
!

where is ur wife?or r u waiting for when u finally retire to d village before u get yourself a bride?

MrCrackles:

shocked

Danke is boiling again?!

I tire oo

Single ladies in America, make una come comot Danke for here oo! grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin since d whole house dey boring,make i catch some on nl ojare grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Gbosa! Jackpot!!

We Nigerian men appreciate a respectful and submissive wife!

LOL! See this guy sha! Speak for yourself and not the goats I've been seeing around.
Who dash them appreciation? They wan steal am from market?

KarmaMod:

The hell does a Non Nigerian know about how other nigerian women are treated.

You have that lunatic who with his own mouth said his wife was always faithful, submissive, never argued. Didnt he end up sleeping with her sister and giving her syphillis?

the same people looking for a quiet mouse at hand are ironically the ones that cheat on this same wife with loud awful people.

Ungrateful creatures.
Don't mind the rapscallions. That's why I'm saying she hasn't seen the idiots we've grown up watching.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

Exactly!
That's what I'm saying. I have seen a lot of Nigerian men that do not appreciate the submission. Instead they leave their homes to sleep with other girls and take advantage of it to treat the ladies bad.
My meaning of compromise on the other hand comes from my parents who, God bless them, respect each other more than one can ever imagine.

That is why you have to choose carefully.

Granted i did not choose him but did in a way.  Altough we were brought together for something else we still dated before marriage and it was during this time that we choose to make this real.  so I picked carefully and had him as my husband one whom i gladly submit to.

listen closely girls. . . men love to hear you say you submit to them but the truth is you are running the show, leading from behind.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by chika98: 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

listen closely girls. . . men love to hear you say you submit to them but the truth is you are running the show, leading from behind.

Yup. . this is so true!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2008
chika98:

And recession proof too. Lmao. I tire today jare.

U are not serious!!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

What I Found When Bought A Second Hand Laptop / At What Age Does A Boy Become A Man? / My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.