Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,317 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (26659 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

You girls are horrible. So, because sistawoman is not as angry and depressed as you all, you've resorted to abusing her? [size=13pt]You all should be ashamed of doing this to one of your own just because she has the common sense many of you lack[/size].
[size=13pt]If that is what you call common sense, than am glad to be a dummy kiss kiss kiss
ahaha oh boy I pity you cry cry
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

You girls are horrible. So, because sistawoman is not as angry and depressed as you all, you've resorted to abusing her? You all should be ashamed of doing this to one of your own just because she has the common sense many of you lack.

Most of em are frustrated!!!
Thatz the curse affecting all black women. . . . .Jealousy and Envy.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2008
if u get married,whos goning to be d man?u or ur wife?i think its ur wife,because u act like a woman

Seriously, the "dude" can be so embarrassing sometimes.

I wonder if he'd be singing this stupid song if he knew she cheated on her first husband several times before getting into this greencard marriage.

role model ko, top model ni
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by ilurveit(f): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2008
This may be anti-feministic of me but I actually really do believe that women should submit to their husbands.

I don't think submitting to your husband means that you shouldn't have a voice or speak your mind or voice your opinions, or that you should be trampled on, I think it means that you need to be respectful and do the things that are necessary to make him happy and I really do think there's empowerment in that. And I think if you're in love, then it's not a big thing to submit to doing the things your husband wants, because there's no place for pride in true love.

HOWEVER, I also believe that men should love their wives more than they love themselves. To me that means that her happiness, wellness, and even her life takes priority over yours. It is your duty to see that she is happy and that she can be herself in the relationship. You are the guardian of her heart and soul and if she trusts you enough to submit them to you, it's a privilege and an honor and it's your duty not to fcku things up, basically. This means that knowing the woman you married, you don't consistently force her to do things that don't make her happy and you don't stifle her spirit, and you respect her as a person enough not to put her down or demean her in the name of submission. Submission is a gift, it means she surrenders something important to you, it doesn't mean she's your doormat.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2008
there is nothing like being mean,i just said it now,because so many men here r always telling us to copy from her marriage,i can't copy from a contract marriage,i only do real ones

harsh?I'm not ,just stating fact here
[size=13pt]I was joking with your ni jare.
lol @ contract marriage
are you even paying attention to these nland men, sexual frustrated people
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

I wonder if he'd be singing this stupid song if he knew she cheated on her first husband several times before getting into this greencard marriage.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

no she said its a mistake of a "22" yr old undecided

as many that wants to make her their top model should please go ahead

jgirl close ya eyes naaa,na role model wey richy give u be dat ooo,make una follow sistawoman
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

if u get married,whos goning to be d man?u or ur wife?i think its ur wife,because u act like a woman

Why e dey pain you like dis na? At least woman na human being but you be monkey grin No be talk say make you be stubborn goat abeg!

No man will marry women like you that don't want to respect their husbands.

Stop hating on sistawoman because she has the wisdom your arrogance has discarded!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2008
ilurveit:

This may be anti-feministic of me but I actually really do believe that women should submit to their husbands.

I don't think submitting to your husband means that you shouldn't have a voice or speak your mind or voice your opinions, or that you should be trampled on, I think it means that you need to be respectful and do the things that are necessary to make him happy and I really do think there's empowerment in that. And I think if you're in love, then it's not a big thing to submit to doing the things your husband wants, because there's no place for pride in true love.

A very intelligent woman speaketh. cool
Can i buy u a drink??
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by chika98: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2008
Maybe sisterwoman should get a trophy? undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Why e dey pain you like this na? At least woman na human being but you be monkey grin No be talk say make you be stubborn goat abeg!

Stop hating on sistawoman because she has the wisdom your arrogance has discarded!

*yawns* break ur head if u want to,still wont chnage d fact that u r going to be a whining baby while ur wife will be d head of d house

next *and please this time,i need the post of a real man and not fake dollies
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
ilurveit:

Girl, there's nothing wrong with what you said except that naija guys have a different meaning of submission. It's very extreme. Like I said, a better word is compromise because they think of submission in a different way.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
chika98:

Akure-Anambra wife of the year  cool
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by H2O2: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

H2O2, you have come again! I will not marry a heartless man for sure but I refuse to let my husband use me as a doormat. Which one is confused christian again? Who told you I'm a christian? My faith has nothing to do with this because I will not use the word "submit" to refer to what I do to my husband. Naija men don't know the meaning of submission. My husband will understand better hopefully.
Naija girl, common sense: you're a christian.  If you wish to denounce your God before me and beg to the contrary, I triple dare you to do so.  Heck, you won't be the first to do it.  Peteru did it too.  
You seem to be hinting that the bible is wickedly written, as if God is a wicked God, or as if submit is written in the bible to enslave women to men.  Submission to your husband should be about love and honor, not "mugun".
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

buahahahahhahahhaahahhahahahhhahha oh gawddd,u r sthg else

today she will tell us her hubby is from akure,tomorro it will be anambra,and they want a confused person to be a role model, undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
ilurveit:

Another role-model for angry single black women! My sister, insurance cover you!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by H2O2: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

Girl, there's nothing wrong with what you said except that naija guys have a different meaning of submission. It's very extreme. Like I said, a better word is compromise because they think of submission in a different way.
I thought all along.  It's about you isn't it?  The caliber of men you date won't understand what it means to submit. . .
cheesy
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
chika98:

KarmaMod:

[size=13pt]LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2008
H2O2:

Naija girl, common sense: you're a christian.  If you wish to denounce your God before me and beg to the contrary, I triple dare you to do so.  Heck, you won't be the first to do it.  Peteru did it too.  
You seem to be hinting that the bible is wickedly written, as if God is a wicked God, or as if submit is written in the bible to enslave women to men.  Submission to your husband should be about love and honor, not "mugun".

Excellent point!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2008
chika98:

Nah. . . . . . . . .Some Black women are just pathetic.

Why is it that many Black women can’t make a simple compliment toward another woman?
They love to nitpick about everything from weight to hairstyle and everything in between.
Only a woman will notice if another woman’s shoes don’t match her purse and turn it into a calamity or speak ill of her behind her.
Gossips, chin-wagging, gabfest and back stabbing!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

[size=13pt]Girl that is how they start, from  little submission into housemaid/slave.

Submission ko submission ni
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

just saw this

buahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhaahhaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin  

oniranu
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by chika98: 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2008
~Sauron~:

Nah. . . . . . . . .Some Black women are just pathetic.

Why is it that many Black women can’t make a simple compliment toward another woman?
They love to nitpick about everything from weight to hairstyle and everything in between.
Only a woman will notice if another woman’s shoes don’t match her purse and turn it into a calamity or speak ill of her behind her.
Gossips, chin-wagging, gabfest and back stabbing!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Men do even worse. It is a free world and people are free to do whatever they so choose.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2008
As opposed to dudes that make fun of other dude's health problems. Using gossip against each other

abegi make we hear word.

Too many hens pretending to be dudes
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2008
H2O2:

Naija girl, common sense: you're a christian. If you wish to denounce your God before me and beg to the contrary, I triple dare you to do so. Heck, you won't be the first to do it. Peteru did it too.
You seem to be hinting that the bible is wickedly written, as if God is a wicked God, or as if submit is written in the bible to enslave women to men. Submission to your husband should be about love and honor, not "mugun".
I won't denounce my God. I just asked. The bible also said that men should love us like they love themselves. Do men do that? What they do is they come here and abuse naija women like there's no end to it then they expect us to come and respect them. God is not a wicked God. He knew what he was saying. Read my earlier post. I won't cause trouble for my husband or whatever. I'm very easy-going. I only have a problem when guys start treating women like children that can't think for themselves. Obviously, on a personal note, I'm sure my husband will not treat me that way because I have very strong opinions.
H2O2:

I thought all along. It's about you isn't it? The caliber of men you date won't understand what it means to submit. . .
cheesy
You don't know anything about the caliber of men I date jare! angry angry tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Leave them in peace o!
True to it though, some of them have told me to not become a femi-Nazi on them. cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm far from that.

LOL! Trooe, are you answering them? We know better joo. Use the word 'submission' and you're their new housegirl.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2008
chika98:

Men do even worse. It is a free world and people are free to do whatever they so choose.

It is not a free world cursing a married woman or turning her life issues into a WANKfest.
If u got problems with anyone, square dance with her when she's ONLINE not offline.
This is purely cowardice. I won't stab/shoot anyone behind him/her.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2008
ilurveit:

[size=14pt]I don't think submitting to your husband means that you shouldn't have a voice or speak your mind or voice your opinions, or that you should be trampled on, I think it means that you need to be respectful and do the things that are necessary to make him happy and I really do think there's empowerment in that. And I think if you're in love, then it's not a big thing to submit to doing the things your husband wants, because there's no place for pride in true love.[/size]

HOWEVER, I also believe that men should love their wives more than they love themselves. To me that means that her happiness, wellness, and even her life takes priority over yours. It is your duty to see that she is happy and that she can be herself in the relationship. You are the guardian of her heart and soul and if she trusts you enough to submit them to you, it's a privilege and an honor and it's your duty not to fcku things up, basically. This means that knowing the woman you married, you don't consistently force her to do things that don't make her happy and you don't stifle her spirit, and you respect her as a person enough not to put her down or demean her in the name of submission. Submission is a gift, it means she surrenders something important to you, it doesn't mean she's your doormat.

Can these angry black women read from a young 22-year old Nigerian lady brimming with wisdom?

@ilurveit, we need ore women like you biko!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by chika98: 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2008
~Sauron~:

It is not a free world cursing a married woman or turning her life issues into a WANKfest.
If u got problems with anyone, square dance with her when she's ONLINE not offline.
This is purely cowardice. I won't stab/shoot anyone behind him/her.

I have no issues with anyone. Just saw a thread and replied to it. Whatever that is being said on here isn't behind anyone's back because if she ain't here now . . . she will surely see it later.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2008
Um who says she's offline?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2008
any reason why you ignored the latter part of that comment, Richy

you and the other guys that quoted the girl ALL ignored the latter part of the comment. What a surprise
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

just saw this

buahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhaahhaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin  

oniranu

I though this anuofia madu said she won't respond to my post. She just couldn't resist the truth. grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2008
My husband knows everything about me.  Including my cheating on my first husband.

He asks i answer honestly. One of the things he says he loves most about me is that I dont pretend with him.  With him i feel like for the first time ever in a r/s I can be completely honest and not be judged.

Please tell me how my arranged marriage is any different then the ones done years ago.  Tell me you dont know one person that went into an arrangement and found true love.

My husband loves me, what he does, how he is and how he talks shows me that he loves me.   I can see it in his eyes when says my name, I can feel it in his touch when he reaches for me, i can taste it on his lips when he kisses me.  What is so wrong with being so in love with your spouse that you would do anything to bring their happiness.  It is a two street.  He respects and adores me, he dotes on me.  He respects me and my opinions.

Judge me all you want, say he will leave and I tell you what if he does, if all this is pretend for him then it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about that because it has already been written but I will not live my life in fear of the unknown.  I will do my job as his wife and stand by his side.  My man is a wonderful father, husband, provider, lover and friend.  What we share is so much more specail than any other relationship I have ever had.

i will cater to him until the last breath out of my body is taken.  He always puts my needs first and I do the same.  He treats me like i treat him and we both know our place in our marriage.

Everything is not for everybody.  What works for me and my husband will not work for the next one.  I would not trade that man for nothing.  And i think God everyday that he brought him, no matter the circumstances, into my life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her? / At What Age Does A Boy Become A Man? / Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.