Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Riot In Yola! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot In Yola! (29347 Views)

Riot In Aba Over Government Task Force (Photos) / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In Yola! by tbaba1234: 12:40am On Nov 15, 2014
roymary:

In relation to the Quran- What's your take on Infidels and getting rid of them in the name of Allah?

We can both have a civilized debate on these topics - You didn't write the book so i'm not here to bash or whatnot but we could share views.

First of all, the word used is Kaffir which means a person who buries,

This is the root of the word, like a farmer who buries a seed.... You bury/cover/deny the truth when it presented to you.

You will see many translations but the most appropriate one in light of the meaning of the word is disbeliever or rejecter. Infidel is a poor translation borrowed from the christian world

Not all non-muslims are kaffir in the true sense of the word.

What is the muslim's relationship with non muslims?

We are to deal justly and kindly with those who have done nothing to harm us: Allah says

"Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: For Allah loves those who are just" (60:cool

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever kills a mu‘aahid (a non-Muslim living under Muslim rule) will not smell the fragrance of Paradise, although its fragrance may be detected from a distance of forty years.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2995

Do not take life, which God has made sacred, except by right: if anyone is killed wrongfully, We have given authority to the defender of his rights, but he should not be excessive in taking life, for he is already aided [by God]. (Surah 17:33)

However, you would notice that the Quran does talk about fighting but the context has to understood because the conversation is about conflict that took place during the time of the prophet and understanding context, makes you understand interpretation and application.
Re: Riot In Yola! by charityjames: 3:00am On Nov 15, 2014
4 oll I kno is dat dis is d fulfilment of scripture but woe 4 those who allowe themself 4 scripture 2 b fulfilled on dem.4 Bible has said it, all dese things mst com 2 pass b4 d end tym d4 I tink its high tym 4 us 2 stop critics, aportion blames b it Christians o Muslims and face reality of d fulfilment b4 its gets 2late.find tym read Mathew 24:1 - end n John 16 :2 - 3.particularly John 16 :2 says"they will put you out of synagogue, infact a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they re offering service 2 God. vers 3 say they will do such things because they do not know the father(GOD) or me (JESUS).which is exactly wat boko haram are doing. thank God 4 Bible who open our eyes to know it b4 now.
Re: Riot In Yola! by emeka94(m): 3:53am On Nov 15, 2014
Kinkale:
Two fighting... No opener

No be like that. U no go better primary school cheesy. Its two fanta no opener. Lol
Re: Riot In Yola! by amsad19(m): 4:21am On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:

If you don't want to be quoted then you should not post here

It is that simple

But before you go and join your riotious jihadist take a minute to reflect that you are just cementing our views on islam being a violent religion

Oritsejafor is the real image of xtians smuggling arms in the name of CAN. Is Christianity really a peaceful religion if ur CAN president is involved in a blackmarket arms deal?
Re: Riot In Yola! by amsad19(m): 4:26am On Nov 15, 2014
IYANGBALI:
why do muslims in the north always fight and kill people?
Those that fight and kill are not Muslims they are just blindfolded they don't know anything about Islam yet they call themselves Muslims and mind you they kill both Muslims and Christians that is the part where we must suspect jona-da.
Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 15, 2014
amsad19:

Oritsejafor is the real image of xtians smuggling arms in the name of CAN. Is Christianity really a peaceful religion if ur CAN president is involved in a blackmarket arms deal?

It is not enuff that your type is killing christians but now you want to lie on them

This is how you ediots blame isreal for every thing

Fool

1 Like

Re: Riot In Yola! by amsad19(m): 4:39am On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:

It is not enuff that your type is killing christians but now you want to lie on them

This is how you ediots blame isreal for every thing

Fool

Whoever told you boko haram are killing xtians only lied to you. I am in yola i know of so many Muslims who they kill. I am 100% you are an illetrate in your religion go and learn the bible i doesn't abuse anyone's religion.
For you is your religion, and for me is
my religion.
Re: Riot In Yola! by Ericsdm55(m): 5:02am On Nov 15, 2014
NafeesaAA:

This is not politics, where did you see PDP or APC. This is about reactions to some questions raised. Did any one tell you Christians where attacked or Churches burnt.
Must it get to that point?
Re: Riot In Yola! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:48am On Nov 15, 2014
Abraham2013:

Bros r u aware dat ISIS started as a vigilante group just like dis ones? So prevention is beta dan cure.
So the people should sit and watch Boko Haram maim their people? Do you understand the concept of "self-help", especially in this case where the soldiers that are supposed to protect them had fled their barracks? Put yourself in the shoe of these people.
Re: Riot In Yola! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:50am On Nov 15, 2014
ocelot2006:

Because you ultimately end up with another monster. As the Colombians about their issue with Right Wing paramilitary groups/killer squads.
What is the way out, now that the soldiers whose duty it is to protect civilians have fled? Should the civilians continue to watch the Boko Haram sect maim their people all in the name of implementing Sharia?
Re: Riot In Yola! by banki(m): 7:45am On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:

But Muslims rioted after mosque.

Can you tell me of any instance where Christians spilled out of church on Sunday to riot ?

abeg enough of the Christian muslim thing...... We Christians are not better either, we are champions of stealing every sunday our pastors dupe people everyday and use God to cover up, some Christian sects are outrightly fetish that's why we have the likes of REV King in jail today, that's why KARL Marx said Religion is the opium of the masses.
Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 15, 2014
What does the Religion of Peace Teach About Violence?

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Other than the fact that Muslims haven't killed every non-Muslim under their domain, there is very little else that they can point to as proof that theirs is a peaceful, tolerant religion. Where Islam is dominant (as in the Middle East and Pakistan) religious minorities suffer brutal persecution with little resistance. Where Islam is in the minority (as in Thailand, the Philippines and Europe) there is the threat of violence if Muslim demands are not met. Either situation seems to provide a justification for religious terrorism, which is persistent and endemic to Islamic fundamentalism.

The reasons are obvious and begin with the Quran. Few verses of Islam's most sacred text can be construed to fit the contemporary virtues of religious tolerance and universal brotherhood.

Far from being mere history or theological construct, the violent verses of the Quran have played a key role in very real massacre and genocide. This includes the brutal slaughter of tens of millions of Hindus for five centuries beginning around 1000 AD with Mahmud of Ghazni's bloody conquest. Both he and the later Tamerlane (Islam's Genghis Khan) slaughtered an untold number merely for defending their temples from destruction. Buddhism was very nearly wiped off the Indian subcontinent. Judaism and Christianity met the same fate (albeit more slowly) in areas conquered by Muslim armies, including the Middle East, North Africa and parts of Europe, including today's Turkey. Zoroastrianism, the ancient religion of a proud Persian people is despised by Muslims and barely survives in modern Iran.

So ingrained is violence in the religion that Islam has never really stopped being at war, either with other religions or with itself.

Muhammad was a military leader, laying siege to towns, massacring the men, raping their women, enslaving their children, and taking the property of others as his own. On several occasions he rejected offers of surrender from the besieged inhabitants and even butchered captives. He actually inspired his followers to battle when they did not feel it was right to fight, promising them slaves and booty if they did and threatening them with Hell if they did not. Muhammad allowed his men to rape traumatized women captured in battle, usually on the very day their husbands and family members were slaughtered.

It is important to emphasize that, for the most part, Muslim armies waged aggressive campaigns, and the religion's most dramatic military conquests were made by the actual companions of Muhammad in the decades following his death. The early Islamic principle of warfare was that the civilian population of a town was to be destroyed (ie. men executed, women and children taken as slaves) if they defended themselves. Although modern apologists often claim that Muslims are only supposed to attack in self-defense, this is an oxymoron that is flatly contradicted by the accounts of Islamic historians and others that go back to the time of Muhammad.

Consider the example of the Qurayza Jews, who were completely obliterated only five years after Muhammad arrived in Medina. Their leader opted to stay neutral when their town was besieged by a Meccan army that was sent to take revenge for Muhammad's deadly caravan raids. The tribe killed no one from either side and even surrendered peacefully to Muhammad after the Meccans had been turned back. Yet the prophet of Islam had every male member of the Qurayza beheaded, and every woman and child enslaved, even raping one of the captives himself (what Muslim apologists might refer to as "same day marriage"wink.

Muhammad's failure to leave a clear line of succession resulted in perpetual internal war following his death. Those who knew him best first fought to keep remote tribes from leaving Islam and reverting to their preferred religion (the Ridda or 'Apostasy wars'). Then, within the closer community, early Meccan converts battled later ones. Hostility developed between those immigrants who had traveled with Muhammad to Mecca and the Ansar at Medina who had helped them settle in. Finally there was a violent struggle within Muhammad's own family between his favorite wife and favorite daughter - a jagged schism that has left Shias and Sunnis at each others' throats to this day.

The strangest and most untrue thing that can be said about Islam is that it is a Religion of Peace. Islam never gives up what it conquers, be it religion, culture, language or life. Neither does it make apologies or any real effort at moral progress. It is the least open to dialogue and the most self-absorbed. It is convinced of its own perfection, yet brutally shuns self-examination and represses criticism.

This is what makes the Quran's verses of violence so dangerous. They are given the weight of divine command. While Muslim terrorists take them as literally as anything else in their holy book, and understand that Islam is incomplete without Jihad, moderates offer little to contradict them - outside of opinion. Indeed, what do they have? Speaking of peace and love may win over the ignorant, but when every twelfth verse of Islam's holiest book either speaks to Allah's hatred for non-Muslims or calls for their death, forced conversion, or subjugation, it's little wonder that sympathy for terrorism runs as deeply as it does in the broader community - even if most Muslims personally prefer not to interpret their religion in this way.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2014
What does the Religion of Peace Teach About Muslim Loyalty to Non-Muslim Governments?

Muslims are not meant to be ruled by non-Muslims. The Qur'an is very clear that they are to resist unbelievers by any means until Islam establishes political supremacy. This doesn't mean that everyone must be forced to become Muslim, but rather that everyone must submit to Muslim rule.

Qur'an (4:59) - "O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority from among you..."

Meaning only Muslims in authority should be obeyed!
Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2014
What does the Religion of Peace Teach About Muslims Befriending Non-Believers?

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Qur'an (5:80) - "You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve; certainly evil is that which their souls have sent before for them, that Allah became displeased with them and in chastisement shall they abide."

Meaning the Muslim who befriends non-Muslim will abide in hell!
Re: Riot In Yola! by samplanner(m): 9:41am On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:
What does the Religion of Peace Teach About Muslim Loyalty to Non-Muslim Governments?

Muslims are not meant to be ruled by non-Muslims. The Qur'an is very clear that they are to resist unbelievers by any means until Islam establishes political supremacy. This doesn't mean that everyone must be forced to become Muslim, but rather that everyone must submit to Muslim rule.

Qur'an (4:59) - "O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority from among you..."

Meaning only Muslims in authority should be obeyed!

this is 100% true. we hear them preach about this time without numbers. even the post election violence is enough to describe how hatred is full in the hrts of several Muslims. I stay in the north and in 2011 when Jonathan was declared a winner they assembled themselves and began to burn churches, blocking of roads, burning tires, attacking xtians where ever they sight them while shouting Allah is great. they said that a christian is not suppose to rule them bcs they believe they are the majority.

2 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by Mccullum: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2014
The fanaticism is the problem of some christians, failure to understand people of Northern Nig. by knowing that apart from for praying, it is the mosque they use as arabic school, library, court, & disemination of information, which one of affected person expressed their grievancies by stating points that made them concluded that Mr. president systematically suspected on issue of insurgency in the NE, while the caused of that riot is not religion i.e. attack against other faiths but protest for the removal of Imam, end of discussion, stop being bias irrespective of your religion or tribe.
Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 15, 2014
Mccullum:
The fanaticism is the problem of some christians, failure to understand people of Northern Nig. by knowing that apart from for praying, it is the mosque they use as arabic school, library, court, & disemination of information, which one of affected person expressed their grievancies by stating points that made them concluded that Mr. president systematically suspected on issue of insurgency in the NE, while the caused of that riot is not religion i.e. attack against other faiths but protest for the removal of Imam, end of discussion, stop being bias irrespective of your religion or tribe.

Implying that Christian reaction on this board is the cause of the riots?

Implying that an Iman is not a religious head

Implying that the Iman did not allow his mosque to be used as a venue to discuss political events

Implying that the riotous mob did not spew out of the Mosque to set fire on buildings and barricade the streets

Implying that I should accept your lame excuse as this not bearing significant political and religious undertones.

3 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by Abduletudaye(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
IYANGBALI:
why do muslims in the north always fight and kill people?

They're been misled..
Re: Riot In Yola! by Abduletudaye(m): 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
roymary:

You are what you eat!

You are who you listen to.

i have many friends with Islamic background- They are wonderful and fun until they start to listen to those radical imams that preaches Violence and Hate.

Love is the strongest force .

Embrace love and tolerance.

Here's the thing.. One should not be so gullible as to allow another human being say or preach rubbish to him/her. I know my right from left.. I know what's wrong and what's right.. No one can tell me to pick up a gun and kill for no effing reason.. Ofcouse I won't do it. But why would people allow themselves to be used?? Could it be lack of education? Its bad..
Re: Riot In Yola! by IYANGBALI: 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
Abduletudaye:

They're been misled..
by who?
Re: Riot In Yola! by Abduletudaye(m): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
IYANGBALI:
by who?

That I don't know..
Re: Riot In Yola! by IYANGBALI: 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
amsad19:
i doesn't abuse anyone's religion.
chisos! Runs to the villa and shouts,mama peace,mama peace,mama peace I have found one of your missing children grin
Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
IYANGBALI:
by who?

By Mohammed
Re: Riot In Yola! by babestella: 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2014
amsad19:

You are a completely deranged terrorist. Can you give us the estimated number of Christians your likes have killed in the name of religion? You are so pathetic to make the above comment as if your likes have not killed enough Christians. How I wish Ishmael wasn't born. You all are sick.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Yola! by babestella: 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:
What does the Religion of Peace Teach About Muslims Befriending Non-Believers?

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Qur'an (5:80) - "You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve; certainly evil is that which their souls have sent before for them, that Allah became displeased with them and in chastisement shall they abide."

Meaning the Muslim who befriends non-Muslim will abide in hell!

Hmmm, this is complete HATE campaign against Christians & the Jews. Please more revealing quotes will be appreciated. No wonder Israel doesn't hesitate to flatten their homes once they carry out terrorist acts against the state of Israel.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Yola! by babestella: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
samplanner:

this is 100% true. we hear them preach about this time without numbers. even the post election violence is enough to describe how hatred is full in the hrts of several Muslims. I stay in the north and in 2011 when Jonathan was declared a winner they assembled themselves and began to burn churches, blocking of roads, burning tires, attacking xtians where ever they sight them while shouting Allah is great. they said that a christian is not suppose to rule them bcs they believe they are the majority.

My take, if a Christian cannot rule Nigeria, we have no reasons coexisting. They are all bunch of terrorist and their leaders are the ones sponsoring boko haram just because a Christian is in Aso rock. Boko haram will always increase in number as long as a Christian is in Aso rock even if that Christian is on APC platform. They are so savage.
Re: Riot In Yola! by babestella: 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
banki:

abeg enough of the Christian muslim thing...... We Christians are not better either, we are champions of stealing every sunday our pastors dupe people everyday and use God to cover up, some Christian sects are outrightly fetish that's why we have the likes of REV King in jail today, that's why KARL Marx said Religion is the opium of the masses.

I agree with you, but be mindful of your allegations because you can't prove them. However, it is still better than running around town with guns, knives and bombs killing innocent citizens, burning a whole town, running people out of their homes and even stealing their foods, robbing banks etc for stupid reasons. Let pastors eat money, at least Christians are not running around town killing the innocents like psychiatric patients.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Yola! by akoaki(m): 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
[quote author=banki post=28029135]

abeg enough of the Christian muslim thing...... We Christians are not better either, we are champions of stealing every sunday our pastors dupe people everyday and use God to cover up, some Christian sects are outrightly fetish that's why we have the likes of REV King in jail today, that's why KARL Marx said Religion is the opium of the masses.[/quo
Cheating, stealing and killing the congregation in the name of god. God will certainly judge them.
Re: Riot In Yola! by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:

Good foR you that you are a christian. But how does that piece of personal information help the discus at hand?

I know you are nothing but a taqiyya practicing muslim.

Anytime somebody divulges personal informaton then chances are that they are lying

For example you know a guy who is being interviewed on tv about a news worthy event is lying when he says something like this:

"Me and joey here just finished lunch on 47th street at paulie's place. They make the best meat balls just like the way my sweet mah used too and we where heading to go see the dodgers game on cooney island when out of no where I here this loud bang and see this ball of smoke coming out of the Twin towers. I turn to joey who by this time looked like he p1ssed on himself and I say to him ; holy mackrel. Did you see that? But joey goes all cold and blue just like the last time we went over to my cousin vinny's place and these 2 huge german shepard nazi dogs came runing to him..."

Re: Riot In Yola! by bakila: 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2014
WombRaiders:

Can you see the post above

Foolish ediot

SO THAT WAS WHAT THE MAN WAS SAYING? the fool is you abortion boy.
Re: Riot In Yola! by Curlieweed: 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
iliasaa:
everything is good about Islam. try and study the real Islam and u will c that Islam is different from the violence ppl are associating with it. its a matter of tym, the noise about Islam will soon be over when all the politics (local and international ) are free from the religion. 30 years back violence such as what we are experiencing now were absent. Libya , Afghanistan, Iraq , Syria, Nigeria, and those countries u think that is unstable because of Islam were peaceful nations, until the world powers ( corrupt world powers) see islam as a treat to there corrupt practices, they decided to basterdise the religion. Am very sure 30 years to come all these chaos will have be a thing of the past. Islam never supports and will never supports the killing of innocent lives. I pray Allah guides us all.

One interesting thing about MohamMad-ians is their refusal to self-criticize. Instead of looking at your terror manual, sorry I mean Quran and your Traditions (Hadiths) for clues regarding your affinity with violence you blame innocent bystanders. You blame "world powers" here, others blame Jews. In Arewa, you go the ridiculous extent of blaming GEJ, CAN and even southerners for your home grown, self inflicted BH nonsense.

Yet we don't even have to go very far in history to puncture your assertion here. Did Othman Dan Fodio's Jihad happen within the last 30 years? What is the difference between Dan Fodio's Jihad and the actions of Imam Shecow and his band of devout murderers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uduaghan On His Knees As He Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) / 2023: Kwankwaso Commissions Secretariat In Lafia (Pictures) / Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.