Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (72938 Views)

Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Horus(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5q91o522gw

[size=15pt]Nigerian security forces fire tear gas inside parliament (raw video)[/size]

Nigerian security forces have fired tear gas inside parliament, just before
a crucial debate on security in the conflict-ridden north-east.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
scantee:

Disappear here and get yourself examined.

When my dad was younger, they used to give the guard dogs soiled baby diapers to lick.

Whose shít are you licking for a living, dog?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by obinoral1179(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Thanks you very much, thoughtful of you.
why can't the police avoid all this by going to the court to ask of injunctions concerning the status quo or ask the court to interprets the meaning for them. The president send a letter to the house for extension the house Try to reconvene to discuss the issue and vote for it, the president ask the police o stop them using the court case or so.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:
Why you de threaten Omenka? So uncalled for
Are you guys are afraid of threats?
This is what you get when you're paid to rant over issues people know nothing about. I think you better call that ganja party member lap dog and paid goon to order else he'd have to explain all the lies and cooked allegations he's been peddling against this administration.Honestly.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by sanali(m): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:
Well done IGP for your timely intervention which prevented _APC thugs from gaining control of the NASS.More grease to your elbows

I don't know why you people are such a hypcrite, no wonder "it" says dumb deaf blind they will never see the true face of it.
Do y'all see any thug alike in that picture. Expecially u idiot

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by obinoral1179(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
UnimkeAk:

You can't read and comprehend simple sentences SMH

Dumbo Jet#
smiles
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by scantee(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:

my guy enough is enough is time to keep those kids/papas whom have swore that this government will never know peace.

how dare him insult Jonathan? his 50yrs generation to come will never achieve GEJ fit.

he likes throwing insults anyhow with misleading messages.

That guy is getting on my nerve.............
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Are you guys are afraid of threats?
This is what you get when you're paid to rant over issues people know nothing about. I think you better call that ganja party member lap dog and paid goon to order else he'd have to explain all the lies and cooked allegations he's been peddling against this administration.Honestly.
This is what I don't like, THREATS!!!. You can't continue to threaten people so as to gag their opinion. Whether he is paid or not is no ones business, as a citizen of the federal republic of Nigeria, the Constitution grants us the right to Protest and express our views as long as it is not inciting and violent. Bros, I am getting pissed off by the incesant threats on the opposition by the PDP/Jonathan's supporters/agents.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by omenka(m): 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:
Funny enough, I didn't even notice the fool.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by gabicon: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Do you realy know the reason why they where prevented from gaining entry? dont just comment for commenting sake,dont be lazy go out and buy a news paper better still use google properly.

i will appreciate it if you educate me.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Horus(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsD0BLM8OQ0

[size=15pt]Cheers As Blocked Lawmakers Bundle Tambuwal Into Hallowed Chambers[/size]
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
wot r u.......is he supozd 2 b in d state house of assembly?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

Sigh. A restraining order is a very particular kind of court order, one that involves a person's or persons' safety. That is why violating a restraining orders can have criminal as well as civil consequences. But even then, someone who thinks another person is violating a restraining order can only call the police (and defend themselves, if they feel their lives are in danger). And what do the police do? They arrive and MAKE AN ARREST. They don't fire tear gas and put up barricades around the protected person. They just make the arrest.

The case is then turned over to the COURTS. To determine if the accused was in violation of the restraining order. Yes, even after all that, the matter must still be decided in court. That's how democracy works.

Your exaggerated comparison aside, the court order in this case was NOT A RESTRAINING ORDER. No one's life was in danger. This is a civil matter, not a criminal one. It is called an injunction. Whether or not an injunction can be actively enforced by police varies by region. It usually isn't, especially in a case like this. Even if it is, once again, the police must be called, and then they arrest whoever is in violation of the order. In this case, it would be every House member who attempted to meet.

THEN, the COURTS--NOT THE POLICE--would decide if they were in violation of the injunction, and make a judgment as to what sanctions to impose, whether it be a fine or jail time.

Response to your P.S.:
No. A court judgment is not a law. You need to look up the definition of a law.
ahah ok whenb I said court Judgement is not lawy,its not law that a states enshrines into thier constitution,however, the are backed by the law of teh land to pass judgement and everyone is bound by these same law to Obey,Im trying my very best to Educate you on this issue I hope you see beyond this,
Another example is The police dont make law but are empowered by laws to make arrest if they have sufficient reasons and evidence.
The court of lawy is Empowered by the laws of the land which is also Enshrined in teh constitution to pass judgement.The court has just done that they have restrained not just Tamblewal but anybody from going to the house until the 3rd.A restraining order those not just apply to someone in Danger, I used that example to bring it close to home cos you will hear this more in the news in the US.so in this context, the restraining order is for the house not to sit till 3rd December.Going against this is and avenue for the court to hold you in contempt if we are living in a free society like those of the USA and UK and other western country.I hope I have made this clear enough.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
tomakint:

Jonathan to the best of my knowledge deserves a second term and I know that all these drama from APC is because of Jonathan's 2nd term ambition. In this case, is Section 68(1)g not clear enough?

It is not clear enuf. Can u allow the court to interprete?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
C'mon stop using that smiley emoticon -You and I know that only bitter people brings in their fathers to disrepute over an argument on the internet.

I know he was an assshole to your mom but find a way to forgive him ok.you see I'm too sophisticated to be talking about people's Dad.

Now back to business Mr Biitchface,What does the constitution say about folks defecting to another party if his old party still retains the majority in the house as it relates to Mr Tambudaft's defecting to APSHIIT? undecided
The same constitution that hold ondo state speaker and the ones that hold other law makers that defected to PDP grin grin

BTW there is factions in sokoto state PDP

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Deapexboy(m): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Tambuwal has gone to court to challenge the removal of his security details by the IGP over his defection to the APC and to stop the House removing him as a speaker and member of the House of Reps which was adjourned until Nov. 27. Though, he had withdrawn the first suit to restore his security details by the IGP recently. The second suit is still pending and the court had earlier ruled that the status quo as at the time Tambuwal approached the court should remain. One of such is that the House shall not reconvene until the 3rd of December. Why would Tambuwal not obey the court order? Have the Police done wrong to defend the court order preventing the House for reconvening until 3rd December?

wat d president seek for need the attention of the house
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
scantee:

my guy enough is enough is time to keep those kids/papas whom have swore that this government will never know peace.

how dare him insult Jonathan? his 50yrs generation to come will never achieve GEJ fit.

That guy is getting on my nerve.............
I don't see how he break the law by insulting his own President or any official of Government. He has the right to criticize, protest and express himself as long as he isn't inciteful and Libellous. Leaders all over the world have been insulted and are being insulted, there is no law that forbade insult. If libel, it is for the government to call him to order and press charges(Which I find unreasonable), but this threat of a thing is so uncalled for. Not everybpdy's opinion can be gagged, there are better ways to win followings for the President.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by farem: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
Where is the MOTLEY crowd? Or what does 'motley' mean?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by omenka(m): 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
scantee:

That guy is getting on my nerve...........
Illiterate scum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

ahah ok whenb I said court Judgement is not lawy,its not law that a states enshrines into thier constitution,however, the are backed by the law of teh land to pass judgement and everyone is bound by these same law to Obey,Im trying my very best to Educate you on this issue I hope you see beyond this,
Another example is The police dont make law but are empowered by laws to make arrest if they have sufficient reasons and evidence.
The court of lawy is Empowered by the laws of the land which is also Enshrined in teh constitution to pass judgement.The court has just done that they have restrained not just Tamblewal but anybody from going to the house until the 3rd.A restraining order those not just apply to someone in Danger, I used that example to bring it close to home cos you will hear this more in the news in the US.so in this context, the restraining order is for the house not to sit till 3rd December.Going against this is and avenue for the court to hold you in contempt if we are living in a free society like those of the USA and UK and other western country.I hope I have made this clear enough.

No, sorry I didn't understand any of that. Please read my response. From what I can gather from this post, it's obvious you did not read it.

I'm actually trying to educate YOU.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by jude33084(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
wirinet:

What intelligence report? Who gave the Police the intelligence report? its definitely not the senate president, the speaker or any of the legislators.

Why would the police screen members of the legistlature? Who give the police the powers to screen members of the the house or senate before allowing them into the chambers to perform their lawful duties?

Why demote the speaker from Right Honourable Aminu Tambuwal to Alh. Aminu Tambuwal? From this statement alone, it shows that the only mission of the police was to prevent Speaker Tambuwal from gaining access into the house of representative chambers. Speaker Tambuwal has become the thug the police were talking about. Meanwhile, 7 thugs (decamped legistlators) have taken over the Ekiti State house of assembly and declared one of themself speaker and the IGP does not see the need to respect constituted authority.

The IGP warn all political actors to respect constituted authorities? does that include the president, the vice, president, the senate president, the speaker, the governors etc? And what of the police itself, will they also be warned to respect constituted authority?

Matured mind cool

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

No, sorry I didn't understand any of that. Please read my response. From what I can gather from this post, it's obvious you did not read it.

I'm actually trying to educate YOU.
Did you check what a restraining order is? and why I used it in this context?Are you in anyway suggesting that they where right in disobeying court Orders? or are you deliberately omitting that part?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
arsetalks:
The police is a disgrace in this country. There were thugs? Fine, no problem, how come all the so call thugs escaped and not a single arrest were made? Made no such arrests because it was a lie?

Also, please criticising the law makers need to use their brains. Is there any law in the land that says the lawmakers do not have the right to seat and honour their constitutional duty? If there is such law, can someone please quote it for the perusal of us all?

And if there is no such law, why his MR shoeless trying to stop them illegally? If someone does something illegally, it is also illegal if another person tries to ensure what is illegally done is undone?

People need to stop been partisan in their thinking. These law makers have done nothing wrong. It is the shoeless man that needs to explain to the world why he feels this people should not seat to perform the duty they were elected for.
Tambuwal should explain why he has refused to honour the law he was put in charge to make
Tambuwal refuse to honour d law he's is champ
GEJ refused to honour d law he's crazy
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by justmi1: 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
nawa o, see everybody blowing grammar here, some hurling insults at each other, this is what this thugs have turned us to, in the end we will be in the sun or rain to vote them next year, PDP and APC na same thing, they are all pursuing thier selfish intersts, see old thugs scaling fence, i dont think i can jump over that fence my self, all for politics, this is just the beginning...

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by farem: 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
[/color]
donphilopus:
Subject should have been "[color=red]Thugs Explain Why They Invaded National Assembly Today". Their behaviour should be likened to that of a group of thugs!
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
omenka:
Funny enough, I didn't even notice the fool.
Na my guy him be sha grin grin

I guess he overreacted
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by arsetalks(m): 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

Tambuwal should explain why he has refused to honour the law he was put in charge to make
Tambuwal refuse to honour d law he's is champ
GEJ refused to honour d law he's crazy
What law exactly? Can u quote the law? Educate me please.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by farem: 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
desgiezd:

Some minds are so warped!!

We have seen pictures of police tear gas and people covering their noses to reduce the pepperish effect. We have also seen pictures of members scaling the gate when they were not allowed access, why then cant the police or their supporters like you and Chukwudi44 post pictures where Tambuwal and his boys attacked members of the Police Force?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
arsetalks:
The police is a disgrace in this country. There were thugs? Fine, no problem, how come all the so call thugs escaped and not a single arrest were made? Made no such arrests because it was a lie?

Also, please criticising the law makers need to use their brains. Is there any law in the land that says the lawmakers do not have the right to seat and honour their constitutional duty? If there is such law, can someone please quote it for the perusal of us all?

And if there is no such law, why his MR shoeless trying to stop them illegally? If someone does something illegally, it is also illegal if another person tries to ensure what is illegally done is undone?

People need to stop been partisan in their thinking. These law makers have done nothing wrong. It is the shoeless man that needs to explain to the world why he feels this people should not seat to perform the duty they were elected for.
His status quo also allow him to come to the house with crowd?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by castrokins(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
sanali:

I don't know why you people are such a hypcrite, no wonder "it" says dumb deaf blind they will never see the true face of it.
Do y'all see any thug alike in that picture. Expecially u idiot

How Do Thugs Look Like?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by omenka(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:
Na my guy him be sha grin grin

I guess he overreacted
He should choke himself to death on my comments. He's totally useless to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested By Interpol While Seeking Support For Biafra- PUNCH / Ngige To Faleke: "You Are A Small Boy, I No Get Time For You" / See The Thug Who Broke Into Ike Ekweremadu’s Bedroom In Abuja. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.