Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (72936 Views)

Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by cutecanson(m): 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
i really do nt knw wat's wrong wit naija politics...y bringin thugs to d house? i m still tinkin wat to say

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by M4gunners: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Fools parading themselves as representatives . Just look at all these old Men fooling themselves. No gentle man at all. Jumping fence as if they are 20 years of age. Last year it was Chidi L.Now tell me what lead them to this if not for their self interest.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by yetunsbay(m): 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

If you know why dem close the door you too go support them
enlighten pls
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
yetunsbay:
enlighten pls
Tambuwal has gone to court to challenge the removal of his security details by the IGP over his defection to the APC and to stop the House removing him as a speaker and member of the House of Reps which was adjourned until Nov. 27. Though, he had withdrawn the first suit to restore his security details by the IGP recently. The second suit is still pending and the court had earlier ruled that the status quo as at the time Tambuwal approached the court should remain. One of such is that the House shall not reconvene until the 3rd of December. Why would Tambuwal not obey the court order? Have the Police done wrong to defend the court order preventing the House for reconvening until 3rd December?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by arsetalks(m): 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
The police is a disgrace in this country. There were thugs? Fine, no problem, how come all the so call thugs escaped and not a single arrest were made? Made no such arrests because it was a lie?

Also, please criticising the law makers need to use their brains. Is there any law in the land that says the lawmakers do not have the right to seat and honour their constitutional duty? If there is such law, can someone please quote it for the perusal of us all?

And if there is no such law, why his MR shoeless trying to stop them illegally? If someone does something illegally, it is also illegal if another person tries to ensure what is illegally done is undone?

People need to stop been partisan in their thinking. These law makers have done nothing wrong. It is the shoeless man that needs to explain to the world why he feels this people should not seat to perform the duty they were elected for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by obinoral1179(m): 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Tambuwal has gone to court to challenge the removal of his security details by the IGP over his defection to the APC and to stop the House removing him as a speaker and member of the House of Reps which was adjourned until Nov. 27. Though, he had withdrawn the first suit to restore his security details by the IGP recently. The second suit is still pending and the court had earlier ruled that the status quo as at the time Tambuwal approached the court should remain. One of such is that the House shall not reconvene until the 3rd of December. Why would Tambuwal not obey the court order? Have the Police done wrong to defend the court order preventing the House for reconvening until 3rd December?
there.
status quo means he is still the speaker and he can call for meeting any day any time and he is trying to work as the speakers of the federation. So bro tell me something else and why did the so called police refused to mention this in their report. This police breach the law or unless you will inform me that status quo means tambuwal is not the speakers and cannot reconvene the house?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by scantee(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
omenka:
Jonathan has destroyed the armed forces.

He has destroyed the SSS.

He has destroyed CBN.

He has destroyed EFCC.

He has destroyed the judiciary.

He has destroyed the immigration service.

He has destroyed the police.

And now, he's hell bent on the destroying the only institution that sets civilian and military regimes apart, the legislature!!

Jonathan is a scourge that must be eradicated from this country!!

stop ranting simple go and die? dont dare quote me.....(be on the lookout)

ask Barcanista.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
status quo means he is still the speaker and he can call for meeting any day any time and he is trying to work as the speakers of the federation. So bro tell me something else and why did the so called police refused to mention this in their report. This police breach the law or unless you will inform me that status quo means tambuwal is not the speakers and cannot reconvene the house?
yes he and no one is meant to return to the house, status quo means he retains all his powers, he knows and realized early enough he wont win the part of returning his security back as usual so he was duly advised.However the court already made a declaration and no one can change that, doing so would undermine the same Agency he seeks refuge from the Judiciary.
come on guys no lawyers in the house?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Ok since you seem reasonable I will make this clear,****
So my question to everybody is today the 3rd?
the Judge passed judgement and the police protected it, what has it got to do with PDP or GEJ? no has anybody got an answer to this?

Like I said earlier, police enforce the LAW. No law was broken. A court order is not a law. If someone felt the entire House of Representatives was in violation of the court order, the matter should have been reported to the court, and allowed the court to summon the parties in question.

Tear gas and barricades are NOT meant to be used in a civil matter such as this. The police were grossly out of bounds, and behaved like paid thugs.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
scantee:

ask Barcanista

Why you de threaten Omenka? So uncalled for
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
GEJ go win 2015 elections weda devil or d foolish APChit supporters like it or not

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
scantee:

ask Barcanista.

What's that supposed to mean? Are you someone's attack dog?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Acidosis(m): 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
The Nigeria Police shall continually apply all lawful means to prevent a breakdown of law and order in all segments of the society and shall apply the full weight of the law on any political actor who violates the peace and security of the nation
Nice One!

Tambuwal should have been made a scapegoat. He should have been shot immediately.

Whoever tries to destroy this country (either via terrorism, undue protest, violence, thuggery & hooliganism) should be killed. Thereafter his/her corpse should be taken to the Law court for appropriate judgment.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

Dear, how are you? You feel me?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

Like I said earlier, police enforce the LAW. No law was broken. A court order is not a law. If someone felt the entire House of Representatives was in violation of the court order, the matter should have been reported to the court, and allowed the court to summon the parties in question.

Tear gas and barricades are NOT meant to be used in a civil matter such as this. The police were grossly out of bounds, and behaved like paid thugs.
I would take this as a tongue in cheek statement, for God sake your location says USA, you should know better, what happens when the court gives you a restraining order no to go 20 yards to your ex? is that no law? if you do you get arrested right?its this same restraining order that the court gave until the 3rd of December, so the noble thing for the police to do is to arrest all of them and charge them but this is Nigeria, the politicians think they are above the law so they dealt with the situation the best way deem fit.
PS: Courts Judgement is Law,if the court says you are going to prison you are going to prison.Fact.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by 2tek: 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
68. (1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in
the House of which he is a member if -
(a) he becomes a member of another legislative house.
(b) any other circumstances arise that, if he were not a member of the Senate or the House
of Representatives, would cause him to be disqualified for election as a member;
(c) he ceases to be a citizen of Nigeria;
(d) he becomes President, Vice-President, Governor, Deputy Governor or a Minister of the
Government of the Federation or a Commissioner of the Government of a State or a Special
Adviser.
(e) save as otherwise prescribed by this Constitution, he becomes a member of a
commission or other body established by this Constitution or by any other law.
(f) without just cause he is absent from meetings of the House of which he is a member for
a period amounting in the aggregate to more than one-third of the total number of days
during which the House meets in any one year;
(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he
becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which
that House was elected;
Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in
the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more
political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored; or
(h) the President of the Senate or, as the case may be, the Speaker of the House of
Representatives receives a certificate under the hand of the Chairman of the Independent
National Electoral Commission stating that the provisions of section 69 of this Constitution
have been complied with in respect of the recall of that member.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Deapexboy(m): 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
How was d police assulted?

How did d speaker break d law?

Where nd who are d thugs?

Who said there is no fiction in PDP?

After d saga GEJ jets out of d country?

On which constitution is the IGP acting upon?

Why have the POLICE come so low to use unlawfully?

I need answers

or i wil b force to believe that d IG,GEJ and PDP's are going against law,they don't knw constitution

they brainless
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by seguntijan(m): 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

Are you laughing at the abuse of the constitution by Tambuwal or what?
Chukwudi! Are you thinking with your brain or your fingers ? Because a rational person should not think fo this after seeing the aboce pictures where honorables were trying to help themselves off the gate. Even if you hate Tambuwal @ least ur head should tells you what's going on with the above pictures nah.. Stop all this tribal, religious sentiment
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by thunder74(m): 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

In the course of this lawful exercise, Alh. Aminu Tambuwal CFR, arrived the venue with a motley crowd, who broke the cordon, assaulted the Police and evaded due process and the Police had the duty to restore order and normalcy, using lawful means
m=1

noun (plural assaults)
A violent onset or attack with physical means, as blows, weapons, etc.; an onslaught; the rush or charge of an attacking force; onset; as, to make assault upon a man, a house, or a town.
A violent onset or attack with moral weapons, as words, arguments, appeals, and the like; as, to make an assault on the prerogatives of a prince, or on the constitution of a government.
(criminal) An attempt to commit battery: a violent attempt, or willful effort with force or violence, to do hurt to another, but without necessarily touching his person, as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner, or by striking at him and missing him.
singulare tantum legal The crime whose action is such an attempt.
(tort) An act that causes someone to apprehend imminent bodily harm.
singulare tantum legal The tort whose action is such an act.
(fencing) A non-competitive combat between two fencers.

The actions of the lawmakers are unnecessary, since police have condoned off the place, the honorable thing is for them to obey and live by example. Just imagine I refuse to stop for police stop and search because I know my papers are correct.

You don't need to touch a police man physically before you assault him, mere abuse, pushing, holding his uniform, removing his beret, invading a red line are disrespectful to the force and must be condemned by all.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
Deapexboy:
How was d police assulted?

How did d speaker break d law?

Where nd who are d thugs?

Who said there is no fiction in PDP?

After d saga GEJ jets out of d country?

On which constitution is the IGP acting upon?

Why have the POLICE come so low to use unlawfully?

I need answers

or i wil b force to believe that d IG,GEJ and PDP's are going against law,they don't knw constitution

they brainless

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by idlaw2k3(m): 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
He should also give a statement on what his boys did in Ekiti. Where 7 lawmakers(lawbreakers) takeover the Ekiti house of assembly and Impeach the speaker with the ACTIVE connivance of Heavily armed mobile policemen who prevented the other lawmakers from going anywhere near the complex.

In a DEMO-CRAZY.

What a shame.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
thunder74:

noun (plural assaults)
A violent onset or attack with physical means, as blows, weapons, etc.; an onslaught; the rush or charge of an attacking force; onset; as, to make assault upon a man, a house, or a town.
A violent onset or attack with moral weapons, as words, arguments, appeals, and the like; as, to make an assault on the prerogatives of a prince, or on the constitution of a government.
(criminal) An attempt to commit battery: a violent attempt, or willful effort with force or violence, to do hurt to another, but without necessarily touching his person, as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner, or by striking at him and missing him.
singulare tantum legal The crime whose action is such an attempt.
(tort) An act that causes someone to apprehend imminent bodily harm.
singulare tantum legal The tort whose action is such an act.
(fencing) A non-competitive combat between two fencers.

The actions of the lawmakers are unnecessary, since police have condoned off the place, the honorable thing is for them to obey and live by example. Just imagine I refuse to stop for police stop and search because I know my papers are correct.

You don't need to touch a police man physically before you assault him, mere abuse, pushing, holding his uniform, removing his beret, invading a red line are disrespectful to the force and must be condemned by all.
Thanks you very much, thoughtful of you.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ipledge:
Lol I know the fustration in your life is enough to give u some psychiatric trauma...you can't diff between me and your dad...sheybi na ur dad be bingo grin grin
C'mon stop using that smiley emoticon -You and I know that only bitter people brings in their fathers to disrepute over an argument on the internet.

I know he was an assshole to your mom but find a way to forgive him ok.you see I'm too sophisticated to be talking about people's Dad.

Now back to business Mr Biitchface,What does the constitution say about folks defecting to another party if his old party still retains the majority in the house as it relates to Mr Tambudaft's defecting to APSHIIT? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Pontaboki: 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Please next time shoot live bullets,so some can die and become fallen democracy Icons!!!!
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by scantee(m): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

Disappear here and get yourself examined.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by UnimkeAk(m): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
so can't answer just a simple question. SMH

You can't read and comprehend simple sentences SMH

Dumbo Jet#
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by smudge2079(m): 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
When a wolf cry wolf.... Lawless game.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

I would take this as a tongue in cheek statement, for God sake your location says USA, you should know better, what happens when the court gives you a restraining order no to go 20 yards to your ex? is that no law? if you do you get arrested right?its this same restraining order that the court gave until the 3rd of December, so the noble thing for the police to do is to arrest all of them and charge them but this is Nigeria, the politicians think they are above the law so they dealt with the situation the best way deem fit.
PS: Courts Judgement is Law,if the court says you are going to prison you are going to prison.Fact.

Sigh. A restraining order is a very particular kind of court order, one that involves a person's or persons' safety. That is why violating a restraining orders can have criminal as well as civil consequences. But even then, someone who thinks another person is violating a restraining order can only call the police (and defend themselves, if they feel their lives are in danger). And what do the police do? They arrive and MAKE AN ARREST. They don't fire tear gas and put up barricades around the protected person. They just make the arrest.

The case is then turned over to the COURTS. To determine if the accused was in violation of the restraining order. Yes, even after all that, the matter must still be decided in court. That's how democracy works.

Your exaggerated comparison aside, the court order in this case was NOT A RESTRAINING ORDER. No one's life was in danger. This is a civil matter, not a criminal one. It is called an injunction. Whether or not an injunction can be actively enforced by police varies by region. It usually isn't, especially in a case like this. Even if it is, once again, the police must be called, and then they arrest whoever is in violation of the order. In this case, it would be every House member who attempted to meet.

THEN, the COURTS--NOT THE POLICE--would decide if they were in violation of the injunction, and make a judgment as to what sanctions to impose, whether it be a fine or jail time.

Response to your P.S.:
No. A court judgment is not a law. You need to look up the definition of a law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Lmao grin.........Look at this certified animal claiming to show me the kind of person he is when I'm already aware that you're a bingo. undecided

What color of tag were you tagged with from your former owner? to enable me buy the correct dog food and right color of tag for you.

Chisos! grin grin
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by shomutuski(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
desgiezd:

Some minds are so warped!!

We have seen pictures of police tear gas and people covering their noses to reduce the pepperish effect. We have also seen pictures of members scaling the gate when they were not allowed access, why then cant the police or their supporters like you and Chukwudi44 post pictures where Tambuwal and his boys attacked members of the Police Force?
: broo! I swear, some people don turn zomibe ontop nairaland just for PDP. That chukwudi44 am sure u not in school sef or you they whole ur school G.p... Brainless zombie. Even police sef they lie Ooooo! Chai! Something that is glaring. I will continue to say it. Jonathan doesn't mean Nigerians Good. All they want to do is milk nigeria dry before another person rule.. Niger deltans wey don suffer kill theirself, why them go wan leave the richlife for Aso rock. I hate nigeria, in other countries this can't happen cus everybody sabi their right. People would have led revolt and put the country in a state of anarchy, then Government will know they mean business. If money miss for naija nobody they question Gov, becuase we no sabi anythihng.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by kareemabidemi10(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
since 1999
Nigerian government PDP
Nigerian police PDP
Nigerian army PDP
Senate president PDP
NASS president PDP
All the ministers PDP
Still yet Nigeria people are badly suffering complaining everyday, no money, no job for the youths, lack of good security etc. please don't let just 30% people enjoying the right of 70% Nigerians to deceive you! Now we need change though its not easy but the easiest way is to cast your vote for the right leader, especially our great woman (DO NOT VOTE BECAUSE OF (#) VOTE BECAUSE YOUR CHILDREN) and am very optimistic Nigeria will overcome her problems. Now its up to you.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Reference(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Idiotic and deceptive explanation from a useless police formation!

I hope the Police, jonathan and PDP learned from the recent Burkina-faso coup.;PDP should not destroy NIGERIA

So you are now threatening Nigeria with a coup d'etat because your oga or whoever was involved in a fracas today. Abeg there is more to this country than all the nonsense you politicians are dishing daily. Shame on you people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General / How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested By Interpol While Seeking Support For Biafra- PUNCH / See The Thug Who Broke Into Ike Ekweremadu’s Bedroom In Abuja. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.