Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (72924 Views)

Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:
This is what I don't like, THREATS!!!. You can't continue to threaten people so as to gag their opinion. Whether he is paid or not is no ones business, as a citizen of the federal republic of Nigeria, the Constitution grants us the right to Protest and express our views as long as it is not inciting and violent. Bros, I am getting pissed off by the incesant threats on the opposition by the PDP/Jonathan's supporters/agents.
My brother, you're beginning to sound like a traitor to me.

We are making threats while your hausa/fulani calling themselves Boko Haram are bombing the country back to dark ages with the full blessings of your terrorists party. Who is worse? undecided
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by DaBullIT(m): 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
I smell desperation , GEJ and PDP don dey fear
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ipledge:
The same constitution that hold ondo state speaker and the ones that hold other law makers that defected to PDP grin grin

BTW there is factions in sokoto state PDP
This country is bleeped
Tambuwal knew there is a division in his ex party yet he has refuse to use that as basis for his defection
A beg Bros Park well
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by MAYOWAAK: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
The journey of law breaking started from childhood not from the National Assembly

5 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by bossboss1: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Lmao grin.........Look at this certified animal claiming to show me the kind of person he is when I'm already aware that you're a bingo. undecided

What color of tag were you tagged with from your former owner? to enable me buy the correct dog food and right color of tag for you.

Oga , you are too old for these kind of childish behaviour now. Looking at your pic, you should be clocking 45 already, dressed like you are desperately trying to look young. People have been dropping their points with sensible argument, you just bashed in on the thread and started throwing insults around claslessly. The dude doesn't seem to have your time sef. Say sensible things and move on.

Relax and behave your obviously lengthy years abeg. How much are they even paying u, that you want to throw all caution to the wind. Act with some decorum even if u have to pretend. This is a public forum. Biko.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by rosette08: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
Tambuwal and his men assaulted the police? This is dishonourable and must be punished! We can't allow rascals masquerading as politicians break down law and order and go unpunished.
Spoke's person,hw much were u paid? Dishonourable indeed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by JEITO: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Me just kack for one corner dey watch and laugh free comdey show walai grin grin grin
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
The Nigeria Police have released a statement explaining why they sent police officers to the National Assembly this morning, preventing Tambuwal and other lawmakers from gaining access into the Assembly ground. Find the statement below...
Following an intelligence report of a likely invasion of the House of Representatives by hoodlums and thugs, the Nigeria Police Force promptly deployed its personnel to the premises to prevent a breakdown of law and order.
Consequently, the Police condoned the area and began screening of all members and visitors alike.

In the course of this lawful exercise, Alh. Aminu Tambuwal CFR, arrived the venue with a motley crowd, who broke the cordon, assaulted the Police and evaded due process and the Police had the duty to restore order and normalcy, using lawful means

The IGP seizes this medium to warn all political actors and their followers to respect constituted authority and due process and to desist from the use of thugs to pursue their agenda.

The Nigeria Police shall continually apply all lawful means to prevent a breakdown of law and order in all segments of the society and shall apply the full weight of the law on any political actor who violates the peace and security of the nation.   

Ag. CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/11/nigeria-police-explain-why-they-invaded.html?m=1
...GEJ & Co.don't truncate our democracy.Should the military get back into governance,you must know you guys are on your own...
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Thinkr(m): 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
vikyno:
Where are the 1000 soldiers deployed as reported by Sahara reporter?

Reasonable explanation for reasonable people to fathom.
true. Saharareporters lied they had 1000 soldiers. That's how dey feed us lies always. Thank God this time we got pictures and vids. Yh
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
My brother, [s]you're beginning to sound like a traitor to me[/s].

We are making threats while your hausa/fulani calling themselves Boko Haram are bombing the country back to dark ages with the full blessings of your terrorists party. Who is worse? undecided

Traitor? Never!!! I don't see treachery here Sir. Last time I checked PDP isn't an Ijaw or Niger Delta party just like APC. The PDP was accused my our own elder General Azazi of being behind BH, all indicted high ranking officials as regards BH are PDP and the President publicly admitted that BH sympathisers are in his Government. This issue is not even about BH but about the House of Reps as an Institution which should be respected.

btw the man that promised hell to Jonathan government is in PDP and he wasn't arrested or questioned. Calling me a traitor is unfortunate and unexpected of you
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by tolxitility: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
Who jumps fence? Mayb that was the reason the police force mentioned THUGS grin
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ipledge:
The same constitution that hold ondo state speaker and the ones that hold other law makers that defected to PDP grin grin

BTW there is factions in sokoto state PDP
Now that you're normal I'll engage you reasonably until you decide to run amok again. grin

The constitution clearly stated that any member of the national assembly stand to lose his/her seat if they decide to decamp from the party for which he/she was voted into the House where there are no factions. It is honourable for Tambuwal to resign knowing what the constitution says about decamping.I guess he wants to eat his cakes and have it back.

I know you love Nigeria like everyone of us but we need to stand firm in doing what is right especially as it concerns the constitution less an error today becomes the truth tomorrow.

Tambuwal should step down else he would be forced out.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Now that you're normal I'll engage you reasonably until you decide to run amok again. grin

The constitution clearly stated that any member of the national assembly stand to lose his/her seat if they decide to decamp from the party for which he/she was voted into the House where there are no factions. It is honourable for Tambuwal to resign knowing what the constitution says about decamping.I guess he wants to eat his cakes and have it back.

I know you love Nigeria like everyone of us but we need to stand firm in doing what is right especially as it concerns the constitution less an error today becomes the truth tomorrow.

Tambuwal should step down else he would be forced out.
There is faction in sokoto state PDP.is there faction In Ondo state Labour party

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by cozy7(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
The Nigeria Police have released a statement explaining why they sent police officers to the National Assembly this morning, preventing Tambuwal and other lawmakers from gaining access into the Assembly ground. Find the statement below...
Following an intelligence report of a likely invasion of the House of Representatives by hoodlums and thugs, the Nigeria Police Force promptly deployed its personnel to the premises to prevent a breakdown of law and order.
Consequently, the Police condoned the area and began screening of all members and visitors alike.

In the course of this lawful exercise, Alh. Aminu Tambuwal CFR, arrived the venue with a motley crowd, who broke the cordon, assaulted the Police and evaded due process and the Police had the duty to restore order and normalcy, using lawful means

The IGP seizes this medium to warn all political actors and their followers to respect constituted authority and due process and to desist from the use of thugs to pursue their agenda.

The Nigeria Police shall continually apply all lawful means to prevent a breakdown of law and order in all segments of the society and shall apply the full weight of the law on any political actor who violates the peace and security of the nation.   

Ag. CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/11/nigeria-police-explain-why-they-invaded.html?m=1
SO WITH ALL THESE PPLE WAY BREAK LAW, NIGERIAN POLICE NO SEE ANYBODY ARREST ABI? CHAI, MONEY SPEAKS OOOOO
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Thinkr(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
The way I see it, these northerners want power by force and so does jonathan. Power drunk..... I find it funny when people take sides. These people don't care about us but for themselves alone. I also wonder why must it be pdp and apc all the time.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by franugo(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

Mumu don't quote me again

na u mumu pass cry like my mother would say 'ogbodi nkei ka!' undecided
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by ahizih(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
How on earth would a mamount crowed and party supporters will follow de speaker to de house,knwin so well that their are other political parties in de house,which eventually myt result to chaos in de haux. End not: de system is gud but de players are bad,both de majority party n de minority party. Dis givs u a clue on hw to vote come 2015
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by GeebeeM(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:
Well done IGP for your timely intervention which prevented _APC thugs from gaining control of the NASS.More grease to your elbows

So myopic. Have a critical analysis of what happened there and you'll know that all is not well with Nigerian system. One day breeze go blow
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Suljosh: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
em77:
Apc is planin to destory Nigeria. Nigerians beware of APC. their plan is 2 cause problem but they will fail.
you are wrong. Bukina faso already did it. We will do it 2015 watch and see mofo.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Lebee4(m): 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
So funny how some dude reason in Nairaland.
I was at the cafeteria eating when I saw on AIT that Tambuwal was explaining to the policemen who he is but they told him they were acting on order.
The house of Rep members have to jump fence n gate to gain access into the Nass premises and the police teargas them.
my question is, who gave the order?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by rosette08: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

What is Tambuwal doing at the premises of the NASS? Is he a member of the NASS?
with this Q of urs,litle wonder the likes of those u suport are so CLUELESS(poor thinkers) undecidedSo he's nt a member of the NASS? Please educate us-plz don't,I obviously don't want 2 be as empty headed as u lipsrsealed grin

3 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Did you check what a restraining order is? and why I used it in this context?Are you in anyway suggesting that they where right in disobeying court Orders? or are you deliberately omitting that part?

Read my post. I discussed both restraining orders and injunctions.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by PStacks(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
I don't believe this..

I don't even believe the police claimed its true and trying to defend it..

Sometimes I wonder, how have we fallen so gotdanm low..

Where are we still falling to?

Is there truly hope for nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
arsetalks:
What law exactly? Can u quote the law? Educate me please.
Section 68 (1) and 109(1) of the 1999 constitution under the” Tenure for seat of members” states that: “A member of the Senate or House of Representatives (House of Assembly) shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if-
(g) Being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected, provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored.”
The provisions of these sections of the constitution were explicit in matters which concerned the legislature. It clearly mandates that any member of the legislature, who intends to defect to another party, must prove that division exists in the party of which he was a member, or that his party has merged with two or more parties or factions.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Policewoman(f): 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
The DIShonourables are nothing but a bunch of overpampered rascals.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
bossboss1:

Oga , you are too old for these kind of childish behaviour now. Looking at your pic, you should be clocking 45 already, dressed like you are desperately trying to look young. People have been dropping their points with sensible argument, you just bashed in on the thread and started throwing insults around claslessly. The dude doesn't seem to have your time sef. Say sensible things and move on.

Relax and behave your obviously lengthy years abeg. How much are they even paying u, that you want to throw all caution to the wind. Act with some decorum even if u have to pretend. This is a public forum. Biko.
Here comes another mad man ranting like a rabid dog.

I presume your eyes has been eating up by cataract.

You jobless cry babies coming in here to spew trash even when it is obvious that you have nothing in your coconut head.

Lmao @ the dude not having my time,why would he even dare have my time when I've already put him to where he belongs like am about to do to your miserable life right now.

You obviously have a poor sense of judgement ,then my question is; If ordinarily you can't tell people's age range by looking at a clear picture how else do you expect to make a better judgement when it comes to issues that boarders on political brouhaha? undecided

You ran into this place talking crazy and in all your useless and senseless ramblings I can't fathom out one thing that connects to the issue at hand.

FYI: I do not get paid like you jobless mofos to say my mind here and who I'm supporting politically - Damnit! everyone isn't living in abject squalor like you lots that beg for bread while waiting on the Government to feed you, instead of making something out of yourself.
Now get lost - Useless Dog.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by jude33084(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
Is Ekiti state not part of the country?

Why did the IGP not find fault in what they(Etiki law makers) did?

PDP(Police) + APC = thieves angry
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by zionism43696: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

While we wait for the video we need to know what an ex-HOR member like Tambuwal was doing there
are u d one dat make him ex-HOR.?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
Tambuwal and his men assaulted the police? This is dishonourable and must be punished! We can't allow rascals masquerading as politicians break down law and order and go unpunished.
. Unarmed men assaulted men with guns and tear-gas. Guy u so foolish.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Bitojoe(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Idiotic and deceptive explanation from a useless police formation!

I hope the Police, jonathan and PDP learned from the recent Burkina-faso coup.;PDP should not destroy NIGERIA

do you have something upstair at all?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

Response to your P.S.:
No. A court judgment is not a law. You need to look up the definition of a law.
Say what? Court judgments are case law which can only be voided by a constitutional amendment. As Nigeria is a common law country, judicial pronouncements emanating from the Courts of Appeal and/or the Supreme Court are valid law.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Policewoman(f): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
I would have personally teargassed Tambuwal if i was there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General / How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested By Interpol While Seeking Support For Biafra- PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.