Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (72927 Views)

Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:
And in spite of all the unnecessary and illegal use of force, they still managed to fail to keep him out. Shameless clowns.

I'm sure they didn't anticipate the PDP house members to protest. Because who doesn't love watching the pillars of democracy disintegrate? Cluelessness straight into the horizon.
Try and read more newsy news, you will see that the Police where right to carry out the restriction of person into the house be it PDP or APC. The house was not meant to reconvene period.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by obinoral1179(m): 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Go and re read the constitution, pay attention to 50, this is the part that concerns this argument more so, try and check or read about the real reason why they where prevented from gaining entry you will realize quickly you just join follow follow and carry talk cos the police where right in their actions.This has nothing to do with GEJ
are you telling me the police where right to fire tear gas canister to our honourable member? Abeg tell me something else?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
yetunsbay:
so u support dem for closing d door...
If you know why dem close the door you too go support them
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by fujirice: 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
desgiezd:
Lies!!

Tambuwal came in with thugs? Lies & lies!! Only people like them will believe their lies!!
Oga, the passage said he came with a "motly crowd". Stop trying.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Sorry, I just made your business my personal business. angry

So, tell me Mr dog

Why can't you stay away from throwing stones since you live in a glass house? undecided
I want to treat you like human being,but I can see you are nothing but an animal...if you quote me again,I will show the kind of person I am....slowpoke
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
are you telling me the police where right to fire tear gas canister to our honourable member? Abeg tell me something else?
Yes If you know why they where prevented which I strongly believe you dont as you too lazy to read or listen to the News.Do you want to know why?I can tell you/

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by a9nyc2020(m): 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nigeria can mumu ehn undecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
tambuwal remains the speaker and the number four person in this country until competent court rules against that. Used anything you like he is still the speaker of he federal republic of Nigeria.
Go and study your constitution properly and stop drooling on my face over issues you know nothing about. angry

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Try and read more newsy news, you will see that the Police where right to carry out the restriction of person into the house be it PDP or APC. The house was not meant to reconvene period.

*tired* Please. I studied government and politics. The police overstepped their bounds in an embarrassing way. Or this would not be news.

The job of the police is to ENFORCE THE LAW. THE LAW. Laws that are passed by those very men, and interpreted by the courts.

Not act as common security guards.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by philips70(m): 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
ilugunboy:

It's glaring to Nairaland members who the mumu is

....you are not a serious fellow.....just because of crumbs....even die-hard PDP supporters on this forum are ashamed of what happened today...from their loud silence.

Even Seun is grossly ashamed. I can sense disappointment in him more with the shameful acts in Ekiti

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by arewafederation: 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
duni04:

grin grin grin grin I just cracked a rib...no two grin grin

Pls,don't crack the third one. grin
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by stnwani(m): 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
egift:

Today's incident has exposed you to the maximum. People that thought you had any self-respect have all seen how you have degraded yourself.
As a gentleman legislature,that foolish Tambuwal should av peacefully gone home after being refused entry in the national assemble,instead he decided to flaunt the orders of the police just to cause commotion and attract pity from Nigerians.Mtcheeew,shameful lawmakers!

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by justhelp(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

Mumu I don't care what janja weeds think about me.Mr respect why don't you try interpreting section 68 1(g) of the 1999 constitution
YOU ARE VERY DAFT CAN YOU PLS READ TO UNDERSTAND AND STOP MISLEADING NLS (g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored what happen in sokoto PDP during the time he decamped save him from any harassment from Fg and people like you.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by obinoral1179(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

on what ground? and the president sent them a letter to extend the emergency rule and they came there o fulfill their constitutional right but the so called police said they came with thugs after the court of law said everybody must remain status quo.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by imuyoo(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Eat wat they have given you and tell more lies mr IGP
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ipledge:
I want to treat you like human being,but I can see you are nothing but an animal...if you quote me again,I will show the kind of person I am....slowpoke
Lmao grin.........Look at this certified animal claiming to show me the kind of person he is when I'm already aware that you're a bingo. undecided

What color of tag were you tagged with from your former owner? to enable me buy the correct dog food and right color of tag for you.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

*tired* Please. I studied government and politics. The police overstepped their bounds in an embarrassing way. Or this would not be news.

The job of the police is to ENFORCE THE LAW. THE LAW. Laws that are passed by those very men, and interpreted by the courts.

Not act as common security guards.
OK, from your response it seems you don't know why they where locked out, correct?Im going to tell you why would you want to know>(Im also going to quote you o n what you said **The Job of the police is to Enforce the law*** ie Judgement passed by the court thereof.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Akinsnaira: 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
We done enter one chance in obodo 9ja with this man from otuoke, impunity everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
on what ground? and the president sent them a letter to extend the emergency rule and they came there o fulfill their constitutional right but the so called police said they came with thugs after the court of law said everybody must remain status quo.
Exactly you only stated status quo how about the resumption date?did you miss that?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

OK, from your response it seems you don't know why they where locked out, correct?Im going to tell you why would you want to know>(Im also going to quote you o n what you said **The Job of the police is to Enforce the law*** ie Judgement passed by the court thereof.

Courts do not make laws. They judge cases of alleged law-breaking. Again: COURTS DO NOT MAKE THE LAW.

Have you heard of the concept of separation of powers? Do you know the three branches of democratic government and their functions?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by obinoral1179(m): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Yes If you know why they where prevented which I strongly believe you dont as you too lazy to read or listen to the News.Do you want to know why?I can tell you/
the reason the police gave was lame may be you where there to give me a firsthand info.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by UnimkeAk(m): 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
GMB controls the police force now?

I didn't say that

So You can't read and make out simple correct deductions from less than 5 lines of a write up
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by arewafederation: 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Go and study your constitution properly and stop drooling on my face over issues you know nothing about. angry

Permit my intrusion... I think you should stick to truck pushing and stop discussing something you know nothing about.wink

2 Likes

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

Courts do not make laws. They judge cases of alleged law-breaking. Again: COURTS DO NOT MAKE THE LAW.
Ok since you seem reasonable I will make this clear,****
Tambuwal has gone to court to challenge the removal of his security details by the IGP over his defection to the APC and to stop the House removing him as a speaker and member of the House of Reps which was adjourned until Nov. 27. Though, he had withdrawn the first suit to restore his security details by the IGP recently. The second suit is still pending and the court had earlier ruled that the status quo as at the time Tambuwal approached the court should remain. One of such is that the House shall not reconvene until the 3rd of December. Why would Tambuwal not obey the court order? Have the Police done wrong to defend the court order preventing the House for reconvening until 3rd December?
So my question to everybody is today the 3rd?
the Judge passed judgement and the police protected it, what has it got to do with PDP or GEJ? no has anybody got an answer to this?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Lmao grin.........Look at this certified animal claiming to show me the kind of person he is when I'm already aware that you're a bingo. undecided

What color of tag were you tagged with from your former owner? to enable me buy the correct dog food and right color of tag for you.
Lol I know the fustration in your life is enough to give u some psychiatric trauma...you can't diff between me and your dad...sheybi na ur dad be bingo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by obinoral1179(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

Exactly you only stated status quo how about the resumption date?did you miss that?
are they to send a letter to the IGP that they want to reconvene? Am not getting your argument?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by pius4luv(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
We need to bVote out PDP out come 2015,we are tired of this rubbish we experiencing everyday
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
the reason the police gave was lame may be you where there to give me a firsthand info.
Tambuwal has gone to court to challenge the removal of his security details by the IGP over his defection to the APC and to stop the House removing him as a speaker and member of the House of Reps which was adjourned until Nov. 27. Though, he had withdrawn the first suit to restore his security details by the IGP recently. The second suit is still pending and the court had earlier ruled that the status quo as at the time Tambuwal approached the court should remain. One of such is that the House shall not reconvene until the 3rd of December. Why would Tambuwal not obey the court order? Have the Police done wrong to defend the court order preventing the House for reconvening until 3rd December?
there.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by ichidodo: 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
The Police should have shot them the moment they were trying to destroy and pull down that gate,we cannot allow rascality and thuggery in our Federal reps....Dec 10 should see our law enforcement agencies clean up their acts,locking out Tambuwal and his janjweeds,anybody who tries sh*t will definitly get shot...

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by erico2k2(m): 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
obinoral1179:
are they to send a letter to the IGP that they want to reconvene? Am not getting your argument?
Hope you do now,sometimes it pays to follow up closely with what's happening around us cos it concerns us o ne way or the other.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by obinoral1179(m): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
UnimkeAk:

I didn't say that

So You can't read and make out simple correct deductions from less than 5 lines of a write up

so can't answer just a simple question. SMH
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Cubeet2: 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
Bunch of Rascals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Ngige To Faleke: "You Are A Small Boy, I No Get Time For You" / My Osun Rerun Observations, By US Consul General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.