Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,197 members, 7,839,073 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

“I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration (15102 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Iran Vows To Avenge, Threatens Nigeria. Nigerian Military Prepares. / I’ll Rather Return To My Village Than Work With Buhari –kuku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2008
I work in a bank and I earn much more than that and it's not Aso bank.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2008
Speaking of making more than that, ever wonder how much more value you can get with that same amount if you lived in a counry like America? withn gas price at almost $1.50 a gallon ( 4 litres) out here. you sure life is Nigeria is as good as you make it, for the poor? Drove around earlier today, and wondered how unfair it is that out here we get this for this cheap but the poor in Nigeria, a country rich as it is, have to spend so much on the same (kerosene, gas( if they can afford it)).
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tpia: 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2008
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2008
tpia:

instead of comparing with America, why not compare with Switzerland.

do I live in switzerland now?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by JJYOU: 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2008
have mercy Lord
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by JustGood(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2008
no be small thing o. Old man dey cry because he no want go back to hunger.
It's enough for us as Nigerians to wake up from our slumber cry cry cry
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by redsun(m): 1:44am On Dec 02, 2008
When i say down with the politicians,some people will say i am out of my mind but in reality,they are turning able bodied adults into senseless morons,having the mindset of slow children.

Why should one be afraid of living in his own country?if not for loss of fundamental reality,don't get me wrong,i live in england but my mind is in nigeria,i have seen it all,home is the best,good or bad.It is a moral,social and spiritual challenge for one to live independently and humanly.in his or her own country

There is a stage one will reach in life,material challenges will become insignificant,a stage where you begin to solve problems originally through organizations,hard work,science and sheer common sense.,that is when you become human and it does not come by age but insight.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
redsun:

When i say down with the politicians,some people will say i am out of my mind but in reality,they are turning able bodied adults into senseless morons,having the mindset of slow children.

Why should one be afraid of living in his own country?if not for loss of fundamental reality,don't get me wrong,i live in england but my mind is in nigeria,i have seen it all,home is the best,good or bad.It is a moral,social and spiritual challenge for one to live independently and humanly.in his or her own country

There is a stage one will reach in life,material challenges will become insignificant,a stage where you begin to solve problems originally through organizations,hard work,science and sheer common sense.,that is when you become human and it does not come by age but insight.

You are in no position to make such comments. Go back to Nigeria. After you have done this, you can make such comments. This is so hypocritical.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by spikytang(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2008
This is hillarious!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by spikytang(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2008
This is hillarious!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by BOSS7: 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2008
A-town:

You are in no position to make such comments. Go back to Nigeria. After you have done this, you can make such comments. This is so hypocritical.

There's nothing hypocritical in what he has said. Should he go home and then run mental? Only people who have the resources can effect a noticeable change in as mere peaceful protest does make a difference to Nigerian government otherwise, you'll die for nothing.
I support him and yes, why should he go back when he has a different country that recognises his true talent?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by charliecoy: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
People, we should try and look at the big picture here, we seem to have missed the important lesson here. This is the story of thousands of Nigerians globally,with no end in sight. THis should be a cause of worry for every patriotic Nigerian, and it is appalling to see this happenning to Nigerians in the 21st century. It shows that the fabric of the Nigerian society is in tatters, to the extent were a man rather remain in limbo than to live in his own country. This is a time for DEEP REFLECTION!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Charlesmud(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2008
Die?

I will surely go back even if I get injury, how person go waste him life here (Europe) just cus of money , na wa o

But is Nigeria that bad now?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2008
Define 'waste life'? The man apparently does not consider his time there a waste. For all you and I know, he may actually be having the best time of his life as a cleaner and content with it too. What more does one need when one is content with one's life?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by asha80(m): 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2008
@Charlesmund
Do you live in nigeria? If not i can excuse that question u asked.

One thing people criticizing this guy do not understand or want to understand is that you have be RICH to get the BASIC necessities of life in nigeria.Even for those that are presently living in nigeria when last have you had 24 hrs light without NEPA misbehaving?
How frequently does your tap run(ie if you have taps at all where you are living) and i am not talking about borehole.Of curse before you dig a borehole you should know how much is in your pocket.
Why is that a journey in nigeria thathis supposed to take 4hrs in nigeria takes almost 12hrs because of bad roads?

Like kobojunkie said this guy might be having the best time in his life.Not everyone wants to be doctor ,engineer.lawyer etc.Not everyone wants to drive a hummer.Some people just want simple life.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 18, 2008
Look at the result of Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani embezzlement and looting of Nigeria coffers
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Charlesmud(m): 6:59am On Dec 19, 2008
Guys we all have different mentality, likes & dislikes and our choices in life is different. Me no fancy this stupid Europe even with all this basic amenities for life.(my spirit and soul lives in Nigeria, some people cant understand but our spirit is different from them). You guys can check on net and you see they said Nigeria is the happiest country in the world, which means the way we relate to ourselfs is much more lovely than this whites with "I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE".

I will surely come backkkkkkkkkkkkkk to Nigeria to settle down after sometime, I dey Western Europe presently and still don't believe I should spend my whole life here (which I call waste my life). If anyone wants to come here (Europe) and die here, na dem sabi, My whitey chick self no say after we get enough money, we dey enter naija surely (full time).
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by BOSS7: 9:28am On Dec 19, 2008
@ Charlesmud,

You surely are a hypocrite then. I bet you want to get what you want then go back home. You are probably educated and at the same time have something to look back to (your fancy degrees) while this man we saw can not even string words of English together and he surely seem happy due to his stay in Europe or die attitude.

Stop criticising and look into the mirror as this man tells the story of millions of Nigerians out there who have little or no choice and are contented with the very little they have and get paid as cleaners.

I agree with you Kobojunkie on this. A cleaner in Europe is still guaranteed the basic amenities in life which seem to be only available to the rich ones in Nigeria.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 20, 2008
B.O.S.S.:

There's nothing hypocritical in what he has said. Should he go home and then run mental? Only people who have the resources can effect a noticeable change in as mere peaceful protest does make a difference to Nigerian government otherwise, you'll die for nothing.
I support him and yes, why should he go back when he has a different country that recognises his true talent?

Try and read comments thoroughly before you respond. I still maintain my statement.
If you don't live in Nigeria, you have no business telling people to go back to Nigeria. Lead by example!!!!!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2008
Charlesmud:

Guys we all have different mentality, likes & dislikes and our choices in life is different. Me no fancy this stupid Europe even with all this basic amenities for life.(my spirit and soul lives in Nigeria, some people can't understand but our spirit is different from them). You guys can check on net and you see they said Nigeria is the happiest country in the world, which means the way we relate to ourselfs is much more lovely than this whites with "I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE".
I will surely come backkkkkkkkkkkkkk to Nigeria to settle down after sometime, I dey Western Europe presently and still don't believe I should spend my whole life here (which I call waste my life). If anyone wants to come here (Europe) and die here, na them sabi, My whitey chick self no say after we get enough money, we dey enter naija surely (full time).

Hold up!!! You would not believe a report that 500,000 Nigerians have fled back to Nigeria but you believe a report that Nigerians are the happiest people on the planet? Did that report also tell you that the mortality rate in the same country is at 49 years of age( or even worse)? How can the "Happiest" people be the ones that die quickest?  lol.

Now, about your soul being in Nigeria. I know what that feels like myself. Up until early this year, I lived that way and frankly, found it hard enjoying my environment cause I thought my happiness lay in my going back to NIgeria. But, I realized early in the year that there is no sin and no guilt in enjoying what God has blessed me with here. One can actually ENJOY what one has NOW on the way to where one is going.

PS. When you open up, you will actually realize that just like Nigerians, not all whites have an I DON"T CARE ATTITUDE to life. Many more actually care so much.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by BOSS7: 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2008
A-town:

Try and read comments thoroughly before you respond. I still maintain my statement.
If you don't live in Nigeria, you have no business telling people to go back to Nigeria. Lead by example!!!!!

You have absolutely no right to tell me where to live and that's nothing to do with living by example, Nigeria drives the powerless people insane and that's the mess the country has turned into. So what the man wants to live in Nigeria? He probably wouldn't be able to afford the simple life he's been offered in the UK. Why call someone a hypocrite for not supporting your cause to live in Nigeria? When has it become so cool to live in one's country while facing so many challenges and even struggling to live daily? I bet you're doing well and life's so simple for you hence you assume it's like that nationwide.

So what I live in the UK and I'm not ready to die for nothing nor can I afford to live in my country just because of the continuous social injustices?

Deal with it.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by anonimi: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2008
Related comment here. See the thread also.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2008
B.O.S.S.:

You have absolutely no right to tell me where to live and that's nothing to do with living by example, Nigeria drives the powerless people insane and that's the mess the country has turned into. So what the man wants to live in Nigeria? He probably wouldn't be able to afford the simple life he's been offered in the UK. Why call someone a hypocrite for not supporting your cause to live in Nigeria? When has it become so cool to live in one's country while facing so many challenges and even struggling to live daily? I bet you're doing well and life's so simple for you hence you assume it's like that nationwide.

So what I live in the UK and I'm not ready to die for nothing nor can I afford to live in my country just because of the continuous social injustices?

Deal with it.

Is something wrong with you. You are beginning to piss me off. READ before you become OYAKHILOME
My initial post was a reply to the poster that said the man should go back to Nigeria. He indicated that he lives in England but would go back home some day.
My statement was and still is "Don't tell someone to go back to Nigeria if you are not in Nigeria/don't intend going back soon"
What is it with people who don't read comments and just post replies. Your first sentence repeats exactly what i said so stop contradicting yourself.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2008
B.O.S.S.:

Deal with it.

Is something wrong with you. You are beginning to piss me off. READ before you become OYAKHILOME
My initial post was a reply to the poster that said the man should go back to Nigeria. He indicated that he lives in England but would go back home some day.
My statement was and still is "Don't tell someone to go back to Nigeria if you are not in Nigeria/don't intend going back soon"
What is it with people who don't read comments and just post replies. Your first sentence repeats exactly what i said so stop contradicting yourself.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2008
all of una don dey cast the guy cuz una manage enter uk by luck. guy cool down, in ur next world u gon be a briton.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by BOSS7: 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2008
A-town:

What's the point being pissed off, This is the internet for f*ck's sake. It's a confusion afterall and by the way English is not my first language neither is it urs, so what's ur e-thuggin all about.

Calm down and stop threatening.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by MrCrackles(m): 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2008
Dis thread still dey? grin cheesy
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by KnowAll(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2008
even our politicians, are running to london to spend their loot ( alas El-Rufai studing in the UK ) how much more poor man, I beg make na live the guy alone, at least man must wack.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2008
Abeg

All of u guys outside the country, pls dont even think of returning. D all u can to stay back. We tot the country was moving forward, now we know better
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2008
yemmyse:

Abeg

All of u guys outside the country, please don't even think of returning. D all u can to stay back. We tot the country was moving forward, now we know better

Actually, your admitting this, is sign that the country is moving forward. The sign most are waiting for is signs that more and more of the people are switching from that idiotic PATRIOTISM WHEN IT MAKES NO SENSE mentality to one of admitting there is huge failure and so far solutions have not been drafted. I for one happen to be one of those waiting to know that Nigerians are truly ready for change as I do not believe that imposing change on the people is the way to go. Idiagbon tried that and look where that got him.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by oderemo(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2008
my bro yemmyse admitting the fact afterall. hallelujah.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2008
B.O.S.S.:

What's the point being pissed off, This is the internet for f*ck's sake. It's a confusion afterall and by the way English is not my first language neither is it urs, so what's ur e-thuggin all about.

Calm down and stop threatening.

Good that you realized your error. By the way, speak for yourself. ENGLISH IS MY FIRST LANGUAGE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Daura For Abuja / Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members / Dialogue: MEND Gives FG Two Weeks ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.