Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,588 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

“I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration (15098 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Iran Vows To Avenge, Threatens Nigeria. Nigerian Military Prepares. / I’ll Rather Return To My Village Than Work With Buhari –kuku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On Nov 29, 2008
Really sad! The man must have given up from the time he decided it best to sell all he had back home so he could get out of Nigeria. For any human being to settle for a life as a cleaner, rather than go back, tells of how resolved he is to take what he has now over what he used to have.

I hope he gets his asylum if he can.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 1:30am On Nov 29, 2008
MrCrackles:

SISIJINX: I understand your student visa has expired since 1999, is that true? if yes, you are liable for removal if they catch you oo! grin

What?!! You Promised, you wouldn't tell anyone!! cry

That's the last time I share my secrets with you.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by MrCrackles(m): 1:31am On Nov 29, 2008
tope2000:

Ehen
So how much will you charge me tongue

Sauron has agreed to help you, so no wahala!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tope2000(f): 1:31am On Nov 29, 2008
~Sauron~:

Tope, move into ma house tonight and we can do an arrangee marriage. . . . .
If u are good in BED( i won't CHARGE you). grin

I like how u think grin kiss
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by MrCrackles(m): 1:31am On Nov 29, 2008
Meanwhile Chamotex, i know a couple of rent boys in Clapham Common who would be willing to do homo-wedding to get you a permanent residency grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by DavidDylan(m): 1:32am On Nov 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Really sad! The man must have given up from the time he decided it best to sell all he had back home so he could get out of Nigeria. For any human being to settle for a life as a cleaner, rather than go back, tells of how resolved he is to take what he has now over what he used to have.

his chances are close to nil.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 1:33am On Nov 29, 2008
tope2000:

I like how u think grin kiss

Thank ya.

Kobojunkie:

He could be working 5 jobs. . . . . . .Cleaner in the morning, security at nights.
These guys pocket as much as 500-600 pounds everyweek so he is not in a bad shape for a cleaner.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by MrCrackles(m): 1:33am On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

What?!! You Promised, you wouldn't tell anyone!! cry

That's the last time I share my secrets with you.

don't worry

Dry your tears, i would help you get things back on track plus throw in a freebie brit passport! grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 1:33am On Nov 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Can anyone really get to that point. . .  I mean give up and be willing to settle as a cleaner in a foreign country?!!

I honestly don't want to believe it.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by MrCrackles(m): 1:35am On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Can anyone really get to that point. . . I mean give up and be willing to settle as a cleaner in a foreign country?!!

Loads are doing it

Security jobs, care workers, meat packing in cold rooms, fruit picking and prostitution!

sad sad sad
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 1:36am On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Can anyone really get to that point. . .  I mean give up and be willing to settle as a cleaner in a foreign country?!!

So he should go back to Nigeria where there's no security, no light, no hope, no prospects and rot away??
Come on. . . . . . .He is 10000000 times better off here being a cleaner here.
U would be surprised he feeds relatives and friends regularly with his wages.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

There are thousands of PhD holders who come over here to become mere cab drivers. Look around you, there are plenty of people who do that daily. People who are willing to risk death to get out. Do a search on Immigrants and boats on google and you will get quite a lot of news articles on how people take this risk and some even die along the way.

And let's not decieve ourselves into thinking that cleaners do not have good lives. There are cleaners who go on to start their own businesses, own their own homes, cars and live pretty well. It all depends on how much work the individual is willing to put into becoming successful.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by chamotex(m): 1:36am On Nov 29, 2008
MrCrackles:

Meanwhile Chamotex, i know a couple of rent boys in Clapham Common who would be willing to do homo-wedding to get you a permanent residency grin

Brash, there was this guy at the business section yesterday. He said he could help you get an European Passport in 3 months. cheesy cheesy

He said "A Trial will convince you"  grin grin grin grin

You better go back to that thread now and sort yourself out. It's for your own good o grin grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tosinadeda: 1:37am On Nov 29, 2008
abeg na film or real life grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 1:38am On Nov 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

There are thousands of PhD holders who come over here to become mere cab drivers. Look around you, there are plenty of people who do that daily. People who are willing to risk death to get out. Do a search on Immigrants and boats on google and you will get quite a lot of news articles on how people take this risk and some even die along the way.

Thank You. . . . . .

I cannot imagine a SLAVE SHIP berthing in Lagos port today. . . . .Many Nigerians would jump into it WILLINGLY.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tope2000(f): 1:38am On Nov 29, 2008
brash ur attention is needed at the romance section grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by DavidDylan(m): 1:42am On Nov 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

And let's not decieve ourselves into thinking that cleaners do not have good lives. There are cleaners who go on to start their own businesses, own their own homes, cars and live pretty well. It all depends on how much work the individual is willing to put into becoming successful.

where did this people get their phds? Certainly not in the US. your phd from Nigeria is as good as useless here.
I cant imagine someone getting a valid phd in this country driving cabs for a living. impossible.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by H2O2: 1:45am On Nov 29, 2008
grin unless he/she's dream is to be a cab driver
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 1:51am On Nov 29, 2008
Video explaining possible reason why we find thousands of professionals in entry level jobs.

http://www.vancouveriam.com/videos/6b15018fae8a
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by H2O2: 1:52am On Nov 29, 2008
kobo y did you do that man
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 1:55am On Nov 29, 2008
I get all your points but are you saying staying in that country where there is no peace of mind coz any moment, the Law can come a-calling is preferable to being in Nigeria?!

Come on!!

H2O2:

Rotflmao! You are awful!!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by H2O2: 1:58am On Nov 29, 2008
cheesy that's why you love mi.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 1:59am On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

I get all your points but are you saying staying in that country where there is no peace of mind because any moment, the Law can come a-calling is preferable to being in Nigeria?!

It's a safer bet. . . . . .No armed robbers, no malaria carrying mosquitoes, no ritualists, no child molesters who drill nail in people's heads.
Their situation can change any moment so some of em are keeping the faith as they can be granted amnesty at any time.
Look at the situation here:

* There are between 310,000 and 570,000 illegal immigrants in the UK, according to Home Office estimates

* If allowed to live legally, they would pay more than £1bn in tax each year

* Deporting them would cost £4.7bn and leave acute shortages of cleaners, care workers and hotel staff cIf allowed to stay, the net benefit of
nearly £6bn would pay for 300 new schools, 12 district hospitals or 200,000 new nurses

* Nearly 50% of foreign-born immigrants leave Britain within five years

* Migrants fill 90% of low-paid jobs in London and account for 29% of the capital's workforce. London is the UK's fastest-growing region

* Legal migrants comprise 8.7% of the population, but contribute 10.2% of all taxes. Each immigrant pays an average of £7,203 in tax, compared with    
  £6,861 for non-migrant workers

* There were 25,715 people claiming asylum last year. If allowed to work, they would generate £123m for the Treasury
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by DavidDylan(m): 2:03am On Nov 29, 2008
H2O2:

Its possible. grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tope2000(f): 2:05am On Nov 29, 2008
~Sauron~:

It's a safer bet. . . . . .No armed robbers, no malaria carrying mosquitoes, no ritualists, no child molesters who drill nail in people's heads.
Their situation can change any moment so some of em are keeping the faith as [b]they can be granted amnesty at any time.[/b]Look at the situation here:

* There are between 310,000 and 570,000 illegal immigrants in the UK, according to Home Office estimates

* If allowed to live legally, they would pay more than £1bn in tax each year

* Deporting them would cost £4.7bn and leave acute shortages of cleaners, care workers and hotel staff cIf allowed to stay, the net benefit of
nearly £6bn would pay for 300 new schools, 12 district hospitals or 200,000 new nurses

* Nearly 50% of foreign-born immigrants leave Britain within five years

* Migrants fill 90% of low-paid jobs in London and account for 29% of the capital's workforce. London is the UK's fastest-growing region

* Legal migrants comprise 8.7% of the population, but contribute 10.2% of all taxes. Each immigrant pays an average of £7,203 in tax, compared with
£6,861 for non-migrant workers

* There were 25,715 people claiming asylum last year. If allowed to work, they would generate £123m for the Treasury

In UK?
I doubt that undecided
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by DavidDylan(m): 2:09am On Nov 29, 2008
I dont believe all this hullabaloo that removing illegal immigrants will bankrupt the English economy . . . no it wont.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 2:10am On Nov 29, 2008
tope2000:

In UK?
I doubt that undecided

The stats are worrying especially with the economic recession. . . . . .
Removing these immigrants would cost more than keeping them here.
Expect the amnesty treaty before London 2012(U heard it here FIRST).
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by DavidDylan(m): 2:12am On Nov 29, 2008
~Sauron~:

Perhaps it will cost more to remove them in one fell swoop but if they tighten immigration rules they can curb new illegals while removing the few they can remove a yr.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by NegroNtns(m): 2:12am On Nov 29, 2008
If selling the family house/land is true, he probably did with family concurrence throwing all that asset as an investment in his stay abroad.  It's a pity.  Where is DeepZone, she need to come and see her next of kin.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tope2000(f): 2:14am On Nov 29, 2008
~Sauron~:

Lol
who are u? Home secretary's brother grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by savanaha: 2:15am On Nov 29, 2008
A few centuries, decades and years ago when the Brits and others were going to other people's land and discovering no one asked them for visa.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by DavidDylan(m): 2:19am On Nov 29, 2008
savanaha:

A few centuries, decades and years ago when the Brits and others were going to other people's land and discovering no one asked them for visa.

if the indians had asked Columbus and the pilgrims for visas there'd be no US today . . . the world is never fair eh.

the most intriguing for me is the case in South Africa. Seems white SAs where allowed to resettle in England after apartheid fell in 1994, curiously the blacks werent given the same status.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election / Security Agencies Watch-list Supreme Court Justices-the Nations / Borno Cancels Holiday To Mark Sambisa’s Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.