Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State (22905 Views)

Stop Sending Your Deportees To Nigeria – ​FG Warns ECOWAS Member States / Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Supreme Court Dismisses Wike’s Suit Against Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 06, 2014
pazienza:

Which nation's oil? Yoruba nation or Arewa nation?

Cos, the last time i checked Ojukwu asked for a plebiscite to be conducted in the eastern minority areas. But Gowon having an intel from the British, knew that Nigeria would lose in the plebiscite.

The very notion that Ndiigbo forced the Eastern Minorities to be part of Biafra was but a Nigerian propaganda, Gowon knew better, that was why he rejected the option of plebiscite in the minority areas offered to him by Ojukwu.
East u say....bt u want d south to join u....of wat gud is d eastern part of d nation to us...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2014
omusiliyu:
People can be funny at times.. #2BN for what?

Are u serious What Fashola did was verrry wrong and this case should not have been taken 2 a court in Lagos as there won't be a fair judgement as we can see. These pple r Nigerians, as a Nigerian u can live in any part of Nigeria. Have u hrd of any country deporting it's own citizens from one part 2 anoda How can someone be deported in his own country, does it make sense? The wise thing to do if they didn't have accommodation would be to provide public shelter for them. Every state should have public shelters so pple don't sleep on d streets it doesn't matter their state of origin,what matters is their nationality but unfortunately Nigeria is a country where things r upside down n pple r so blinded with tribalistic sentiments they can't reason properly.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by kwencypresh(f): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2014
hensben:
even here in ABJ dem plenty...sleeping in an uncompleted building.

D tin tire me,, even as m typing a little boy n d mom is @ my front beggin me for money
Na so dem dey go frm shop to shop
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by garrimallam: 10:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Geographically and economic wise, Lagos remains noman's land. The present day lagos was a body of water which was established by a group of people through land re-clamation. Ask Tinubu and fashola for more briefing.
orimsamsam:
Tot they sed lagos is no man land. A tanant that is boosting to his landlord is readz for eviction
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:29am On Dec 06, 2014
prinznazzy:

Cos all d greedy ppl aimed was d nations oil....lookin 4 means to lure it towards demselves

^^^Please shut up!

With the fullness of time, i guess we're now able to see just exactly who had designs on Niger Delta oyel! Check from which ethnicities the greatest beneficiaries of this resource are from; check from which ethnicities the 10 richest Nigerians who robbed this country blind while in gov't or made their money from oyel blocks and gov't aided monopolies are from; check which ethnicities have greedily cornered to themselves most economic enabling infrastructure and industries, while they systematically starved other regions/ethnicities of same......check all this and come and tell me your findings!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2014
Descartes:

So mind the way you talk when quoting someone.

The other day a Nairaland was insulting an accomplished grandpa here on this board without knowing and I have to call him to other and apologise on his behalf sad

I don't think I abuse you,just taking note of a trend

I guess you are gentleman
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by ichidodo: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[s]The Cowardly and ignorant are best at ranting. Keep spewing. Nigerians are used to it already.[/s]
Stop fretting and go chop sh**t,will you?..
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Descartes: 10:32am On Dec 06, 2014
Ipledge:
I don't think I abuse you,just taking note of a trend

I guess you are gentleman

Ok
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 10:34am On Dec 06, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:
I Just noticed all my igbo friends have LAGOS residents permit.

THE fear of being chased out if LAgos

U r so dumb it's sad. Now let me brk it down for u,they have Lagos resident permit cause they live in Lagos.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Sharksblow(m): 10:34am On Dec 06, 2014
Sheggy13:

Why did you skip your drugs last night na? Imagine the effect it's having on you now.. Don't do that again OK.
lol@sheggy13
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by FolarinToks: 10:36am On Dec 06, 2014
pazienza:

Which nation's oil? Yoruba nation or Arewa nation?

Cos, the last time i checked Ojukwu asked for a plebiscite to be conducted in the eastern minority areas. But Gowon having an intel from the British, knew that Nigeria would lose in the plebiscite.

The very notion that Ndiigbo forced the Eastern Minorities to be part of Biafra was but a Nigerian propaganda, Gowon knew better, that was why he rejected the option of plebiscite in the minority areas offered to him by Ojukwu.

Neither Ojukwu nor Gowon has any right to demand for plebiscite on behalf of minority people. Plebiscite could/should only be demanded for by the people who want it. If you read Nigeria history very well, u ll realise how much Ojukwu was desperate to secede with minority nation along with Biafra.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by pazienza(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2014
prinznazzy:

East u say....bt u want d south to join u....of wat gud is d eastern part of d nation to us...

Eastern region= Enugu,Abia,Anambra,Most parts of Bayelsa,Rivers,Akwa ibom,Cross river,Imo,Ebonyi.

The Eastern region that formed Biafra isn't the same as South East geopolitical zone of today.

South South is a recent formation gotten by joining the midwest region with parts of the defunct Eastern region. In the 60's there was nothing like South-South.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2014
Anaskie:
They can always go to the Court of Appeal and I'm sure they'd get a favourable judgement there.

I strongly believe they have a just case. U can't just pick up people from the streets and dump them under a bridge in the middle of the night.

This isn't about ethnicity. Its about what is morally right.
The judge totally ignored the fact that these people were subjected to inhuman conditions by being detained for several days without any formal charge and then packed like sardines in a lorry to be dumped under a bridge!

Let's remove tribal sentiments for once and call a spade a spade.
We are human beings for Christ's sakes!

Thank you. How can someone be deported in his own country. Nigerians r so blinded with tribal sentiments they can't reason properly. This pple have a good case n it should be taken seriously.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by dapotemi: 10:38am On Dec 06, 2014
Now we can move on
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by dapotemi: 10:38am On Dec 06, 2014
Kkk
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 06, 2014
ichidodo:
Stop fretting and go chop sh**t,will you?..

[size=16pt]Lol. Igbo kwenu grin. Delusional since the coward told them they mean something extra special (coward who eventually fled, also taking along his Mercedes benz while his people died and starved) ..... get over it mehn. wink[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Sheggy13(m): 10:40am On Dec 06, 2014
Sharksblow:

lol@sheggy13
Na so na, I don tired for their matter.. Daft comments flying everywhere lol
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2014
Pazienza, you lied. Ojukwu never wanted a plebiscite, let alone conducting it among the minorities. In fact he he sought after those that clamoured for state creation and dealt with them. Elechi Amadi was one of them. He was part of those that championed the creation of Rivers State. At the end of the war in 1970, the Biafran delegation in Lagos that was signing the surrendering terms at a point, objected to continue because of the rejection of the twelve-state structure.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by fkaz(m): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2014
paulchucks:
i am Igbo but those filing for that suit are stupid personally i as a Christian has forgiving fashola the day he plead for forgiveness going ahead with this suit makes them unchristian and portraying us igbos as people who enjoy looking for trouble

Did governor Fashola really apologise to Igbo? Or is that how to apologise?
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 10:44am On Dec 06, 2014
eleko1:
:PWinch!I be my own landlord tongue
for under ojuelegba bridge grin
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by FolarinToks: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2014
ojsmscom:
HAUSA AND YORUBA LISTEN AND LISTEN VERY WELL

YOU CLAIM THAT YOUR TRIBE IS THE BEST,BUT WHY IS IS THAT MOST OF YOUR BIG MEN WILL COMMIT SUICIDE TO ENSURE THEY HAVE IBO BABES I BE IJAW SHAA

Then you must have spoken with wrong Yorubas. 98% Yorubas ll always have preference for yorubas ladies with their oblong faces to Ibo ladies with fat face and beards when it comes to marriage. And d same ting applicable to Yorubas staying back in their nation and other countries around d world than moving to the east.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2014
fkaz:

Did governor Fashola really apologise to Igbo? Or is that how to apologise?
you wan make he come dobale for una?you no sewious
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by pazienza(m): 10:45am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

Neither Ojukwu nor Gowon has any right to demand for plebiscite on behalf of minority people. Plebiscite could/should only be demanded for by the people who want it. If you read Nigeria history very well, u ll realise how much Ojukwu was desperate to secede with minority nation along with Biafra.

Biafra already had Minorities in it's government, and was strongly supported by the kings of the minorities, remember that Biafra was divided into provinces,each province had an indigenous governor with a level of autonomy.

Effiong and co had already made it clear that the minorities were with Biafra, Biafra was put to vote by the Eastern region consultative assembly made up of representatives from all ethnic groups in Biafra, before it was declared independent.

There was no issue of the minorities calling for a plebiscite, since they never wanted out of Biafra, but since Gowon and his Yoruba co travellers wanted the world to believe that Ndiigbo was forcefully annexing the minorities, the onus was on they(Arewa-Yoruba alliance), to prove it, via a UN supervised plebiscite, which of course,knowing the truth, they chickened out of, prefering war, knowing that they had the full backing of the imperial powers that be at that era.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 10:46am On Dec 06, 2014
swezenberg:

The governor was just trying to tell them that they were not in igboland.

But they were in Nigeria, r they not Nigerians? Their right was seriously trampled upon as Nigerians.
When Nigerians r abused in other countries we cry foul but we can't even defend our fellow Nigerians when they r treated unjustly in their own country. #ThereIsGodO
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by millionaireman: 10:48am On Dec 06, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[size=16pt]Lol. Igbo kwenu grin. Delusional since the coward told them they mean something extra special (coward who eventually fled, also taking along his Mercedes benz while his people died and starved) ..... get over it mehn. wink[/size]

Your part of Nigeria and people in it must have been better than what they are today, if what the "coward" saw in the 1960s and told your forefathers about Nigeria were implemented.

Wake up.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Collynzo419: 10:50am On Dec 06, 2014
Yeebos have been disgraced once again.

disgrace every where they go. Why 20B naira, why not 1 trillion dollars- Igbo fools

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2014
millionaireman:

Your part of Nigeria and people in it must have been better than what they are today, if what the "coward" saw in the 1960s and told your forefathers about Nigeria were implemented.

Wake up.

I don't have an issue with actualising that dream. I just detest the arrogant brag. I respect some things about the man individually in all honesty I dislike how his people whom I once respected have turned out......
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by FolarinToks: 10:55am On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

Are u serious What Fashola did was verrry wrong and this case should not have been taken 2 a court in Lagos as there won't be a fair judgement as we can see. These pple r Nigerians, as a Nigerian u can live in any part of Nigeria. Have u hrd of any country deporting it's own citizens from one part 2 anoda How can someone be deported in his own country, does it make sense? The wise thing to do if they didn't have accommodation would be to provide public shelter for them. Every state should have public shelters so pple don't sleep on d streets it doesn't matter their state of origin,what matters is their nationality but unfortunately Nigeria is a country where things r upside down n pple r so blinded with tribalistic sentiments they can't reason properly.

What about people who were deported by eastern governors? Ibos!!!! Ibos!!! causing problems in Nigeria since Independence. I swear down, nobody ll miss u guys when you eventually leaves.

Even in developed world-UK to be precise, if you are looking for an accommodation as an homeless british in a particular town/city, the local council in charge of that town/city would ask you to go back to where you are born.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by eleko1: 10:56am On Dec 06, 2014
shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassedembarassed embarassed
IYANGBALI:
for under ojuelegba bridge grin
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by experimentist: 10:57am On Dec 06, 2014
Igbos and Yorubas, una dey craze? I'm from Togo but schooling in France border! cry

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by cally3D(m): 11:00am On Dec 06, 2014
madamoringo:
Hahahahahaha.....THIEVES! We saved them but their long-throat will not spare them disgrace! Next is to carry strong medicine go China, Iran, etc where....(complete the rest)!

Who did you save and who are you mocking Your fellow Nigerians
This is uncivilization at its peak!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Collynzo419: 11:03am On Dec 06, 2014
cally3D:

Who did you save and who are you mocking Your fellow Nigerians
This is uncivilization at its peak!

But it is ok for fellow Nigerians to sue fellow nigerians?

stop making noise

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Dapchi In Yobe, Burns Houses / Ize-Iyamu To Appear In Court Today Over N700 Million Fraud / Boko Haram Raids Borno Village Of Foodstuffs Then Sets It Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.