Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State (22907 Views)

Stop Sending Your Deportees To Nigeria – ​FG Warns ECOWAS Member States / Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Supreme Court Dismisses Wike’s Suit Against Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 11:42am On Dec 06, 2014
StOla:

The curse of the Igbo is that they have to abscond from their lands to live in the midst of those they hate.

More like, "I hate you but I can't live without you".
I tire for dem o,but me I dey take preeek deal with their girls o,even though their toto no dey sweet like those of ijebu,ondo,akure,tiv and hausa girls grin
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Bensonking: 11:42am On Dec 06, 2014
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by pazienza(m): 11:44am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

Lies from pit of hell. Let Biafra demands for their own freedom first instead of sticking their neck out for someone that is not ready to join you in your battle for their freedom. Allow this people to come forward to demand for plebiscite instead of Biafra sticking out their neck out to where it is not needed.

Despite the relationship between Benin kingdom and Yorubas Nation, Yorubas have always maintained that Benin would be d one to determine if they would be part of us or not; the same thing applicable to Yorubas in Kogi state.

Nobody forced the Eastern region minorities into Biafra, they were part and parcel of Biafra from the beginning. Even the name "Biafra" was suggested for the new republic by an eastern minority,and not by an Igbo.

However, Biafra is in the past, most Igbos like me,would prefer Republic of Alaigbo to Biafra today,because of the Igbophobia currently plaguing some Eastern minorities today, but would still be open to a new Biafra based on mutual agreement and autonomy amongst the composing ethnic groups in the old eastern region.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Firefire(m): 11:45am On Dec 06, 2014
Scatterboss:

Guy, [b]I will advice you never to claim Yoruba [/b]again on this forum. Every damn thing to you is always Tinubu and PDP, What the hell is wrong with your head. Some yorubas were also reconciled with there family, why should the yeeboes be different? You are taking your hatred for SW in another new dimension, i wont say much.

I have right to my opinions like yours, u know?

You mean claim? I don't understand you sir.

ija o da ọla, sugbon ara e nani
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by StOla: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

Both Peter Obi n Fashola are wrong. It's not proper to deport Nigerians in their country and this matter should not just be swept under the rug,both Governors should be sued and should pay heavily so that this doesn't repeat itself.

I quite agree with you.

What was done was based on economic reasons and not ethnic.

Miscreants were summed up all over the state and dispatched to their respective states of origin which until recently they called their home. They had no one in Lagos to stay with, not even their brothers now boasting about pursuing the case.

The state decided that it was not going to use tax payers money or federal allocations to feed another state's problems.

Let Anambra handle its own problems, Osun handle its own, and Lagos handle its own.

Lagos should not be a dumpsite for miscreants from other states, even if it is Ogun state. However, the inhumane process left much to be desired on the part of the Lagos state government

This is purely an economic issue. Unlike the Abia state government terminating the appointment of Imo state indigenes working for the state.

The question we should ask is what the Anambra state government has done so far to rehabilitate its miscreants received from Lagos state?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by emmysoftyou: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

My girlfriend name is Nteb.....From Eastern minority, I won't write her full name for safety reason but each time I called her Igbo, she gets upset. Bro, read books written by neutral people then you ll realise that nobody wants to join Biafra nation and d damage your forefathers have done to you guys by telling you their cooked up stories.
yu re a big fool to call her igbos..she is frm either akwa ibom or bayelsa...yu should call her ijaw or ibibio or calabar girl...
Me as an igbo guy if yu call me ijaw..i will slap yu from here or yu call me calabar,i will beat yu like a kid...so next time...think about where she com from b4 yu call her igbo ok...

The people that bear igbos name re the one yu can call igbos..ok..

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Scatterboss(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

Are u so blinded with tribal bigotry that u failed to read my post
Read what I wrote again with an open mind and tell show me where I said it was ok for an igbo governor 2 deport pple.

http://247ureports.com/evidence-gov-peter-obi-deported-29-beggars-with-children-to-ebonyi-akwa-ibom-in-2011/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by FolarinToks: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2014
pazienza:

Nobody forced the Eastern region minorities into Biafra, they were part and parcel of Biafra from the beginning. Even the name "Biafra" was suggested for the new republic by an eastern minority,and not by an Igbo.

However, Biafra is in the past, most Igbos like men,would prefer Republic of Alaigbo to Biafra today,because of the Igbophobia currently plaguing some Eastern minorities today, but would still be open to a new Biafra based on mutual agreement and autonomy amongst the composing ethnic groups in the old eastern region.

Agreed with you but all i said was that this people should be allowed to take their own destinies into their own hands. Igbos demanding/to have demanded for it on their behalf would only depict one thing and that thing is greed.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by fkaz(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2014
StOla:

He had no reason to apologise. No apologies were given when prior deportations of miscreants were carried out by the same Lagos state government or other state governments.

The issue here is that some people looked the other way when their tribe was spared in the previous clampdown on miscreants only to become social crusaders when their tribe got affected.
Suddenly, miscreants and destitutes with no known address nor legal economic occupation suddenly had brothers willing to fight for a cause they considered a tribal affront.

That is what am saying, fashola only give Igbos leader a stroke, he didn't apologise to them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Scatterboss(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2014
emmysoftyou:
which eastern governors did that...?
can yu prove that? And if yu cant prove it...
Pls stop thinking with your wife brain next time..
It s not important yu must comment because others re doing so...
Anu mpam

http://247ureports.com/evidence-gov-peter-obi-deported-29-beggars-with-children-to-ebonyi-akwa-ibom-in-2011/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Anaskie(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2014
IYANGBALI:
my learning colleague,you have the right to appeal and do it fast before we come to deport you too grin
First of all, its learned not learning.
Secondly, I don't reside in Lagos and have no plans of settling there even in the most distant future.
Its very funny how someone from Oyo state will come and be forming Lagos indigene. The day you guys from other states will be 'deported', don't come here and cry foul.
Please don't quote me again. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by experimentist: 11:58am On Dec 06, 2014
IYANGBALI:
for where mercy take get blocos?
You're obviously not a France student, you are from China.. Chin sun sua!
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Scatterboss(m): 11:59am On Dec 06, 2014
Firefire:

I have right to my opinions like yours, u know?

You mean claim? I don't understand you sir.

ija o da ọla, sugbon ara e nani

What irrelevant opinion. When peeps are discussing something important, you will be quick to smuggle Tinubu or Buhari to the discussion, hence your people will start bashing Yorubas. be careful, writing in yoruba dont make one Yoruba. I wont say much, just keep your hatred to yourself Plz.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
Anaskie:
First of all, its learned not learning.
Secondly, I don't reside in Lagos and have no plans of settling there even in the most distant future.
Its very funny how someone from Oyo state will come and be forming Lagos indigene. The day you guys from other states will be 'deported', don't come here and cry foul.
Please don't quote me again. Thank you.
my learning friend forget that 1,I honestly refused to call your learned friend because you are not,so it remains my learning friend because you are still learninggrin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by StOla: 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Scatterboss:

I wonder what the Igbo warriors have to say about this.

Gov Obi really made so much political and tribal noise about the same act earlier executed by his own government.

What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
[s]
Scatterboss:

What irrelevant opinion. When peeps are discussing something important, you will be quick to smuggle Tinubu or Buhari to the discussion, hence your people will start bashing Yorubas. be careful, writing in yoruba dont make one Yoruba. I wont say much, just keep your hatred to yourself Plz.

[/s]

undecided
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
experimentist:
You're obviously not a France student, you are from China.. Chin sun sua!
hin dien do de nor?
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Guk: 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
The case was DoA...dead on arrival from the onset because Lagos State has documentary evidence that (1) They wrote to Anambra State and listed their names on the paper and Anambra State govt through its liason office in Lagos received and acknowledged receipt of the letter. (2) Lagos State has evidence of rehabilatation efforts given to the people and they were sheltered; fed and clothed preparatory to their transportation and hand over to Anambra.

Peter Obi unfortunately made a meal of it rather than discipline the govt officials that collected LASG letter and threw it aside.

Rather, they should sue Anambra stay for not providing them with incentive to remain and thrive at home.

For equity sake, i advocate that every state in nigeria should have a portion of its federal allocation removed and given to the host state. If as a state, you begin to lose a sizable portion of your allocation, you will develop your state well enough and people will only migrate minimally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
IYANGBALI:
to slap you just dey hungry me,if no be say I don born again,I for slap you and call you mumu
ur id.iocy is epic

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Scatterboss(m): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
Firefire:

undecided

Alright, Continue.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
fkaz:

That is what am saying, fashola only give Igbos leader a stroke, he didn't apologise to them.
a stroke of the cane,he for give dem plenty
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by emmysoftyou: 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
prinznazzy:

Dats y no 1 wuld acpt...b brave enough n select just d eastern states n c who wuld stop u ppl....even some1 dat didn't go to sch knows dr's a diff btw south n east
re yu now a fool not to notice that we have igbos in delta,rivers,cross riva,benue,bayelsa,kogi,edo and even anotha country call equitorial of guinea,igbo is an ethnic group there...so why should we concentrate on southeast alone and leave our blood brothers alone..
Abeg forget boundaries...
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Scatterboss(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
StOla:

I wonder what the Igbo warriors have to say about this.

Gov Obi really made so much political and tribal noise about the same act earlier executed by his own government.

What a shame!

They will surely ignore it and face Lagos. Pita Hoebi deported yeeboe destitute, but there was no noise. Fashola did the same, and all yeeboes wont allow us rest. Imagine....

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by FolarinToks: 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
emmysoftyou:
yu re a big fool to call her igbos..she is frm either akwa ibom or bayelsa...yu should call her ijaw or ibibio or calabar girl...
Me as an igbo guy if yu call me ijaw..i will slap yu from here or yu call me calabar,i will beat yu like a kid...so next time...think about where she com from b4 yu call her igbo ok...The people that bear igbos name re the one yu can call igbos..ok.....

You and your likes are Pinheads cos if you guys are not, someone who is ready and willing to be part of you should not get upset like that when your name is mentioned. All what that reaction depicted was nothing but hatred at its zenith. Let me cite dis as an example here, a friend who was very close to me back in d days was called my brother by people who don't really know our background but he never get upset cos he love me as a friend.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by pazienza(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

Agreed with you but all i said was that this people should be allowed to take their own destinies into their own hands. Igbos demanding/to have demanded for it on their behalf would only depict one thing and that thing is greed.

Ojukwu wasn't the leader of Ndiigbo, he was the leader of Biafra, which the Eastern minorites were willingly part of. Ojukwu spoke the wishes of Biafran people,and not just Ndiigbo. After all, the western Igbo,wasn't part of Biafra.

The Eastern minorities had always had their destinies in they hands, they survived the pre colonial era without being Igbonized,because of the republican spirit of Ndiigbo, that prevented the unification of Igbo speaking tribes and subsequent conquest of non Igbo speaking tribes that would have followed. The Igbo know our Minorities, and they know us, we never needed the advice of the Yoruba/Arewa to co exist peacefully with our minorities, we sure wont ever need it now.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by experimentist: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2014
IYANGBALI:
hin dien do de nor?
Ok, greet park jin sun for me.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

ur id.iocy is epic
grin
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

ur id.iocy is epic
kai the thing pain am,uzo too wan liive for Lagos their small London,the home of their ancestors grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
StOla:

I quite agree with you.

What was done was based on economic reasons and not ethnic.

Miscreants were summed up all over the state and dispatched to their respective states of origin which until recently they called their home. They had no one in Lagos to stay with, not even their brothers now boasting about pursuing the case.

The state decided that it was not going to use tax payers money or federal allocations to feed another state's problems.

Let Anambra handle its own problems, Osun handle its own, and Lagos handle its own.

Lagos should not be a dumpsite for miscreants from other states, even if it is Ogun state. However, the inhumane process left much to be desired on the part of the Lagos state government

This is purely an economic issue. Unlike the Abia state government terminating the appointment of Imo state indigenes working for the state.

The question we should ask is what the Anambra state government has done so far to rehabilitate its miscreants received from Lagos state?

now we are on the same page. I don't even want to talk about T.A Orgi's case in Abia state cause my Aunt was affected,she has lived in Aba for about 30yrs and has been working in the local govt. council, it was just about a yr to her retirement before that e-diot governor sacked all Imo indigenes. Imagine after working for a place for so many yrs, no pension, nothing, just like that angry and we Nigerians just let it slide.
We will keep being treated as 2nd class citizens in our country if we keep allowing incidents like this go unpunished.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
millionaireman:

In bold: But how could you tell bare-faced lies over events that happened not too long ago?

Truth is that during the pogrom of 1966 in the north, the butchers did not differentiate between an Igbo and an Ijaw or Anang or Efik, for the butchers all of these tribes be the same.

Ojukwu merely acted to make these tribes have a safe homeland in Biafra - not plebiscite in the face of ongoing pogrom.

Even till today, majority of the minority tribes in the old southeast region would opt for a Biafra country than the flaming Nigeria.
You don't understand what we are saying.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
experimentist:
Ok, greet park jin sun for me.
ok
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Firefire(m): 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
Scatterboss:

Alright, Continue.

Why do you always support all illegality by ACN turned APC

Have you ever seen where KAI made illegal arrest of poor traders and thrown into their blackmaria meant for criminals ?

Must we continue to turn blind eyes to our leaders’ ill-treatment of fellow Nigerian citizen just to claim tribal patriotism?

Any sensible and human friendly government would not descend so low as to deporting fellow country people.

Why not play the game across the board and deport everyone found wanting and not only a particular tribe. (Hausa or Igbo)

Omo Odua ni mi tokan tokan (You have the rights to think otherwise) but I will never celebrate mediocrity of over hype leader in whatever form.

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Hits Back At Transparency International / Ekiti Governorship Election: Goodluck Jonathan Urges Caution / U.S. Congratulates Buhari, Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.