Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State (22894 Views)

Stop Sending Your Deportees To Nigeria – ​FG Warns ECOWAS Member States / Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Supreme Court Dismisses Wike’s Suit Against Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

What about people who were deported by eastern governors? Ibos!!!! Ibos!!! causing problems in Nigeria since Independence. I swear down, nobody ll miss u guys when you eventually leaves.

Even in developed world-UK to be precise, if you are looking for an accommodation as an homeless british in a particular town/city, the local council in charge of that town/city would ask you to go back to where you are born.

Pls wc eastern governor deported pple? This is an honest question cos I didn't hear anything about that?? If actually that happened then that Governor should be taken to court too. What is wrong is wrong.
Do u know how many non yorubas were born in Lagos?? Do u know if any of those deported were born in Lagos??
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by FolarinToks: 11:04am On Dec 06, 2014
pazienza:

Biafra already had Minorities in it's government, and was strongly supported by the kings of the minorities, remember that Biafra was divided into provinces,each province had an indigenous governor with a level of autonomy.

Effiong and co had already made it clear that the minorities were with Biafra, Biafra was put to vote by the Eastern region consultative assembly made up of representatives from all ethnic groups in Biafra, before it was declared independent.

There was no issue of the minorities calling for a plebiscite, since they never wanted out of Biafra, but since Gowon and his Yoruba co travellers wanted the world to believe that Ndiigbo was forcefully annexing the minorities, the onus was on they(Arewa-Yoruba alliance), to prove it, via a UN supervised plebiscite, which of course,knowing the truth, they chickened out of, prefering war, knowing that they had the full backing of the imperial powers that be at that era.

My girlfriend name is Nteb.....From Eastern minority, I won't write her full name for safety reason but each time I called her Igbo, she gets upset. Bro, read books written by neutral people then you ll realise that nobody wants to join Biafra nation and d damage your forefathers have done to you guys by telling you their cooked up stories.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by cocoduck: 11:04am On Dec 06, 2014
From what I read, the lawyer of the deportees did not do his homework and should refile the case. then from the comments I am not surprised that there is a mutual hatred between the people of this country. I want to see that 1diot that will tell me one Nigeria nonsense. when something bad happens to any nigeirian the first thing Nigerians will ask is what part of Nigeria the person is from then they will react based on the answer they got. It is sometimes good for the wind to blow so that we can see the fowl's romp. Now this is one of the reasons this country should
break apart.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 11:06am On Dec 06, 2014
Collynzo419:

But it is ok for fellow Nigerians to sue fellow nigerians?

stop making noise
But why r u guys so blinded by hatred that u can't call a spade a spade, this is saddenning. cry
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by pazienza(m): 11:09am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

My girlfriend name is Nteb.....From Eastern minority, I won't write her full name for safety reason but each time I called her Igbo, she gets upset. Bro, read books written by neutral people then you ll realise that nobody wants to join Biafra nation and d damage your forefathers have done to you guys by telling you their cooked up stories.

She isn't Igbo, so she should feel bad when you call her that. I love my Ibibio and Annang neighbours like die, but i would feel bad if you address me as an Ibibio.

Biafra was divided into provinces with each province having a degree of autonomy,because Biafra leaders recognized our diversity.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by millionaireman: 11:10am On Dec 06, 2014
experimentist:
Igbos and Yorubas, una dey craze? I'm from Togo but schooling in France border! cry

Leave Igbos and Yirobas matter. The two groups yab each other and in the process learn lessons. Their quarrels are never skin deep.

Good u are from Togo but school in France. Bye. Au-revoir, or Aurevoir - however you write it.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 06, 2014
Relocation of destitutes is not a new practise in Nigeria, even anambra state had done the same in times past, this particular case only got blown out because of peter Obi's tribal politics.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

But why r u guys so blinded by hatred that u can't call a spade a spade, this is saddenning. cry
Stop, just stop right there! We aren't fools and we know where you people are coming from.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Yorubarocks: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

Pls wc eastern governor deported pple? This is an honest question cos I didn't hear anything about that?? If actually that happened then that Governor should be taken to court too. What is wrong is wrong.
Do u know how many non yorubas were born in Lagos?? Do u know if any of those deported were born in Lagos??
Peter obi deported people,Fashola also some yorubas back to their state of origin.So why are ibos crying foul?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 06, 2014
pazienza:

Eastern region= Enugu,Abia,Anambra,Most parts of Bayelsa,Rivers,Akwa ibom,Cross river,Imo,Ebonyi.

The Eastern region that formed Biafra isn't the same as South East geopolitical zone of today.

South South is a recent formation gotten by joining the midwest region with parts of the defunct Eastern region. In the 60's there was nothing like South-South.
Dats y no 1 wuld acpt...b brave enough n select just d eastern states n c who wuld stop u ppl....even some1 dat didn't go to sch knows dr's a diff btw south n east
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by pazienza(m): 11:17am On Dec 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Pazienza, you lied. Ojukwu never wanted a plebiscite, let alone conducting it among the minorities. In fact he he sought after those that clamoured for state creation and dealt with them. Elechi Amadi was one of them. He was part of those that championed the creation of Rivers State. At the end of the war in 1970, the Biafran delegation in Lagos that was signing the surrendering terms at a point, objected to continue because of the rejection of the twelve-state structure.

Ojukwu divided Biafra into provinces,with each province having more autonomy than Arewa-Yoruba gang up can ever offer to their useless non viable states.

Ojukwu offered Gowon the option of UN supervised plebiscite in the Eastern minorities areas during the war, which Gowon on the advice of a british intel report provided by Sir Robert Stapledon and co rejected.

I had presented references to this time and again on this forum, go and look for them yourself. I am bored already.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2014
Yorubarocks:
Peter obi deported people,Fashola also some yorubas back to their state of origin.So why are ibos crying foul?

Both Peter Obi n Fashola are wrong. It's not proper to deport Nigerians in their country and this matter should not just be swept under the rug,both Governors should be sued and should pay heavily so that this doesn't repeat itself.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by FolarinToks: 11:19am On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

Yes, it is wrong for Yoruba governor to deport Igbos back to their state of origin but it is ok when an Igbo governor deported others(Ibos reasoning).

Listen, the same Anambra state deported 29 Akwa Ibomlites and Ebonyi state indigenes but the funny thing about this is the fact that Ibos kept quiet about this but when their brothers and sisters were deported from Yoruba land, it becomes a problem....

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2014
django1:

Stop, just stop right there! We aren't fools and we know where you people are coming from.

What is this one saying undecided
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 06, 2014
PROUDIGBO:

^^^Please shut up!

With the fullness of time, i guess we're now able to see just exactly who had designs on Niger Delta oyel! Check from which ethnicities the greatest beneficiaries of this resource are from; check from which ethnicities the 10 richest Nigerians who robbed this country blind while in gov't or made their money from oyel blocks and gov't aided monopolies are from; check which ethnicities have greedily cornered to themselves most economic enabling infrastructure and industries, while they systematically starved other regions/ethnicities of same......check all this and come and tell me your findings!
No 1 is in support of hw it is handled....bt stil every1 knows its safer dat way dan hav d easterners in control....d way forward isn't to make sure any tribe enjoys more of it...its to look 4 a government dat wuld eradicate corruption......I dnt lyk buhari cos I feel he is religion biased...bt dat man didn't benefit frm d oil well as an ex-president....dat man can curb corruption in dat aspect.....n our biggest problem is corruption...
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by uzolexis(f): 11:22am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

Yes, it is wrong for Yoruba governor to deport Igbos back to their state of origin but it is ok when an Igbo governor deported others(Ibos reasoning).

Listen, the same Anambra state deported 29 Akwa Ibomlites and Ebonyi state indigenes but the funny thing about this is the fact that Ibos kept quiet about this but when their brothers and sisters were deported from Yoruba land, it becomes a problem....

Are u so blinded with tribal bigotry that u failed to read my post
Read what I wrote again with an open mind and tell show me where I said it was ok for an igbo governor 2 deport pple.
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Collynzo419: 11:22am On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

[s]But why r u guys so blinded by hatred that u can't call a spade a spade, this is saddenning.[/s] cry

Why are you and ur people blinded by hate to refer to Lagos as a no mans land? I thought Iboes form 75% of the population in Lagos? How can the other 25% be bullying you and deporting you?

How come u didnt see the hatred when ur politicians referred to us as Amala and ewedu people and our Awolowo as a child killer?

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 11:22am On Dec 06, 2014
eleko1:
shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassedembarassed embarassed
hahahahahahahahahaahahatongue
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 11:24am On Dec 06, 2014
Collynzo419:

Why are you and ur people blinded by hate to refer to Lagos as a no mans land? I thought Iboes form 75% of the population in Lagos? How can the other 25% be bullying you and deporting you?

How come u didnt see the hatred when ur politicians referred to us as Amala and ewedu people and our Awolowo as a child killer?
10 billion likes and 100 kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 11:27am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

this is my main man,abeg fire dem all for me

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by StOla: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2014
fkaz:

Did governor Fashola really apologise to Igbo? Or is that how to apologise?

He had no reason to apologise. No apologies were given when prior deportations of miscreants were carried out by the same Lagos state government or other state governments.

The issue here is that some people looked the other way when their tribe was spared in the previous clampdown on miscreants only to become social crusaders when their tribe got affected.
Suddenly, miscreants and destitutes with no known address nor legal economic occupation suddenly had brothers willing to fight for a cause they considered a tribal affront.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by millionaireman: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Pazienza, you lied. Ojukwu never wanted a plebiscite, let alone conducting it among the minorities. In fact he he sought after those that clamoured for state creation and dealt with them. Elechi Amadi was one of them. He was part of those that championed the creation of Rivers State. At the end of the war in 1970, the Biafran delegation in Lagos that was signing the surrendering terms at a point, objected to continue because of the rejection of the twelve-state structure.

In bold: But how could you tell bare-faced lies over events that happened not too long ago?

Truth is that during the pogrom of 1966 in the north, the butchers did not differentiate between an Igbo and an Ijaw or Anang or Efik, for the butchers all of these tribes be the same.

Ojukwu merely acted to make these tribes have a safe homeland in Biafra - not plebiscite in the face of ongoing pogrom.

Even till today, majority of the minority tribes in the old southeast region would opt for a Biafra country than the flaming Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by FolarinToks: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2014
pazienza:

She isn't Igbo, so she should feel bad when you call her that. I love my Ibibio and Annang neighbours like die, but i would feel bad if you address me as an Ibibio.

Biafra was divided into provinces with each province having a degree of autonomy,because Biafra leaders recognized our diversity.

Lies from pit of hell. Let Biafra demands for their own freedom first instead of sticking their neck out for someone that is not ready to join you in your battle for their freedom. Allow this people to come forward to demand for plebiscite instead of Biafra sticking out their neck out to where it is not needed.

Despite the relationship between Benin kingdom and Yorubas Nation, Yorubas have always maintained that Benin would be d one to determine if they would be part of us or not; the same thing applicable to Yorubas in Kogi state.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2014
uzolexis:

to slap you just dey hungry me,if no be say I don born again,I for slap you and call you mumu
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by StOla: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2014
Collynzo419:

The curse of the Igbo is that they have to abscond from their lands to live in the midst of those they hate.

More like, "I hate you but I can't live without you".

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by emmysoftyou: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

What about people who were deported by eastern governors? Ibos!!!! Ibos!!! causing problems in Nigeria since Independence. I swear down, nobody ll miss u guys when you eventually leaves.

Even in developed world-UK to be precise, if you are looking for an accommodation as an homeless british in a particular town/city, the local council in charge of that town/city would ask you to go back to where you are born.
which eastern governors did that...?
can yu prove that? And if yu cant prove it...
Pls stop thinking with your wife brain next time..
It s not important yu must comment because others re doing so...
Anu mpam
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by experimentist: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2014
millionaireman:

Leave Igbos and Yirobas matter. The two groups yab each other and in the process learn lessons. Their quarrels are never skin deep.

Good u are from Togo but school in France. Bye. Au-revoir, or Aurevoir - however you write it.
meci boco
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by pazienza(m): 11:36am On Dec 06, 2014
www.kwenu.com/biafra/biafra.htm

Above is the list of Biafra provinces and their indigenous governors/administrators.

Also included is the list of Biafran govt. officials. I can see Mbu and Imoke's father there.

Biafra was strictly an eastern region affair.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

Lies from pit of hell. Let Biafra demands for their own freedom first instead of sticking their neck out for someone that is not ready to join you in your battle for their freedom. Allow this people to come forward to demand for plebiscite instead of Biafra sticking out their neck out to where it is not needed.

Despite the relationship between Benin kingdom and Yorubas Nation, Yorubas have always maintained that Benin would be d one to determine if they would be part of us or not; the same thing applicable to Yorubas in Kogi state.
kai dis guy just dey dazzle me. FolarinToks for president 2019
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by IYANGBALI: 11:37am On Dec 06, 2014
experimentist:
meci boco
for where mercy take get blocos?
Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by millionaireman: 11:40am On Dec 06, 2014
FolarinToks:

What would Yoruba need Benin for to form a country? Benin may need Yoruba more than Yoruba need Benin.

Calabar Yenagoa etc. are coastal cities, Igbo needs them more than they need Igbo for access to sea. They need Igbo more than the Igbo needs them to stay afloat in the politics of One Nigeria.

But Igbo has not, and will never force them to join Igbo in any event. They have their choice.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State by Scatterboss(m): 11:41am On Dec 06, 2014
Firefire:

Do you what jihad ?

when this master-BAT have already aligned with their master GMB, what do you expect.

They are just hypocrites, noting more. embarassed

Guy, I will advice you never to claim Yoruba again on this forum. Every damn thing to you is always Tinubu and PDP, What the hell is wrong with your head. Some yorubas were also reconciled with there family, why should the yeeboes be different? You are taking your hatred for SW in another new dimension, i wont say much.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Cooperate With Kidnappers For Your Safety- Frank Mba, Police PRO Tells Nigerians / ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' / FG Permit States To Explore Solid Minerals In Their Domains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.