Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,522 members, 7,954,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why So Afraid? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why So Afraid? (21694 Views)

Why Are Some Christian Guys So Afraid To Approach A Woman? / Why Are Men So Afraid Of Married Women? / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:39am On Dec 27, 2014
Wittylens:
l
Nice content but your blog design is too poor . please work on it as I will be visiting more often

Noted Sir.
I know I can do better with the design.
Just don't know where to look at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2014
smiley
lirusehn:

mi hardly smile. undecided. This got me waohing smiley
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 27, 2014
LordReed:

Never give your love because of another person. Give your love for you. This way your love will remain true even if the other does not.

Its not really that easy you know , there are times when you'll just need a little compensation and when it doesn't come its saddening.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Betboss(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2014
bullshit!
Re: Why So Afraid? by priscaoge(f): 8:42am On Dec 27, 2014
Intelligent thread you've got here Coli!!! Nice one. Can't help but read from top to the end unlike other ones cheesy cheesy cheesy

Congrats on ur new blog kiss kiss @mizmycoli

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2014
culcid:
Oh, do we still talk about love, to me it doesn't worth it, because its just a cycle. Always starts with attraction, then you start spending more time with him/her, likeness sets in, progresses to love, oh what a great feeling, nothing counts anymore, d best gift from nature, sacrifices, disappointments, commitment etc. Now you are fully attached, the world stops when he/she is away, why go through all the stress. All of a sudden, normal things you can do becomes too hard, you start seeing the world through his/her eyes, fear sets in, her/his every movement starts to count, you become possessive and jealous, you start thinking about only them, gradually you are becoming violent ....................Gbam!!! You are out again searching for love . It doesn't worth it.

I understand you sir, and I've seen that play out as well.
One of the things I learnt this year was differentiating love from infatuation.

I realized and I, to a large extent concurred with people who say Love doesn't exist.

Y'see, I realized that I've never really given love a chance to blossom all my life.

Love, beyond the frills and beyond the thrills --- is a decision.

you might like this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1951211/must-read-10-experinces-signal
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2014
Touche!

uboma:
@ MizMyColi,

Love is a beautiful experience although with its up and down sides. But it is we humans that makes the experience hard/difficult....
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2014
undecided
NoContract:
Single ladies fraternity.

Re: Why So Afraid? by LordReed(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:

Its not really that easy you know , there are times when you'll just need a little compensation and when it doesn't come its saddening.

No doubt it is but remember you are doing it first for you, that is a whole lot of compensation already.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by kilokeys(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:

Lol , me I don't know o , am only scared of giving my all and getting little or nothing in return .

its u girls that want little na. we can give u plenty and everything including babies. if u let us o
Re: Why So Afraid? by LordReed(m): 8:55am On Dec 27, 2014
aflyingbird:
i swear folks b trying 2 hard these days. op, read more 2 improve ur writing. u doing 2 much, patrick obahiagbon. simplify ur writing, gets ur point across much berra

Says the man writing ur, b, u, berra. Your post is brain dulling, no offense.
Re: Why So Afraid? by joedrae(m): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2014
Mizmycoli, a million thumbs up. Nice piece.
Re: Why So Afraid? by Speakdatruth: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2014
colly, dats a gud awakenin u knw, buh if u had had abt 3/4 heartbreak, it's wisdom 2sit yo as$ down n tink, of wot benefit iz 2b emotionally sold? wot makes d love i receive everyday frm odas diff frm d one opposite gender? cud it b all in my quest not 2b lonely or just 4d altar-walk? d truth iz even till now, many just profess love buh do not understand it n hence, d emotional casualties continues...............
Re: Why So Afraid? by LordReed(m): 8:59am On Dec 27, 2014
1one:
Very Beautiful Piece kiss.

Very Very Beautiful Piece kiss kiss

Very Very Very Beautiful Piece kiss kiss kiss

Love scares the knickers off of me, but not because of past hurt, not at all, but rather because the way my personality and heart has been cultured; I have so so so much to give in love, the fear becomes- Will she have so so so much to give me in return too. I know love is supposed to be selfless and unexpectant(atleast some versions of what loves means have these ideals as its centre piece) but at the same time, I'm human and by being human, something deep inside me craves for a "kick back".

We can't also help but realize that love, as wonderful as it is, in this present age, has become such a "political concept".

I believe in love...I believe in love alot... and in 2015, I hope love believes in me enough to find me.

Once again MizMyColi..... Very Beautiful Piece.

Don't be afraid of not receiving instead focus on the joy of giving. Your giving will be as seeds that when planted germinate, some take long others are quick but patience is the key to seeing your harvest.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by Feraz(m): 8:59am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:
Touche!

*there's dust in my eyes hence why it is teary*

I'm afraid cos the person will not reciprocate it.
Re: Why So Afraid? by eby001(m): 9:00am On Dec 27, 2014
FKBZ:
People are afraiD to love,cos opening their heart to love makes them vulnerable to hurt.and even when they get hurt they won't want a repeat so they don't appear weak.
Most folks just Like you nowadays and not love wholeheartedly.
While some people from birth they don't know or feel loved....so it always hard to receive or return it when it comes along the way.
Don't like admitting................the bolded still affect my psyche to love, it even got worse this year sad
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 27, 2014
LordReed:

No doubt it is but remember you are doing it first for you, that is a whole lot of compensation already.

hmmmm that's true , I know I still have a lot to learn .
Re: Why So Afraid? by Cwaya(m): 9:02am On Dec 27, 2014
culcid:
Oh, do we still talk about love, to me it doesn't worth it, because its just a cycle. Always starts with attraction, then you start spending more time with him/her, likeness sets in, progresses to love, oh what a great feeling, nothing counts anymore, d best gift from nature, sacrifices, disappointments, commitment etc. Now you are fully attached, the world stops when he/she is away, why go through all the stress. All of a sudden, normal things you can do becomes too hard, you start seeing the world through his/her eyes, fear sets in, her/his every movement starts to count, you become possessive and jealous, you start thinking about only them, gradually you are becoming violent ....................Gbam!!! You are out again searching for love . It doesn't worth it.

*Words In RED*

So on point !!

Mizmycoli you are yet to reply me last nite.. chk ur mentions !
Re: Why So Afraid? by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2014
kilokeys:

its u girls that want little na. we can give u plenty and everything including babies. if u let us o

lol , I reserve my comment sha
Re: Why So Afraid? by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Dec 27, 2014
haibe:
The last time I tried love, it was disheartening and I felt so empty and heartbroken. Anyone who sees me then will think I was under a spell,l. In the end, the love wasn't reciprocated. Not sure I will ever find a girl like that again, that's why I don't even think of such love again cos I won't only hate myself if it doesn't work out as planned, I also may not love the one meant for me the way I ought to. So for now, I have said and saying no to love cheesy

Your experience may have been bad but believe me it's no reason to give up on love. Don't love because the person is good or beautiful, love because you have it to give. Be you every time, not letting what someone else is cause you to hide yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by CoCoLav(f): 9:05am On Dec 27, 2014
Lol @Scrypt

Okay first of all, this is a very nice article that reflects what many people are going through. However I must point out that though everyone seems to be talking of how they have been hurt they have not stopped to think of those they have also hurt.

I believe life is a cycle and although love is very beautiful we find ways to complicate it. Boy A dates Girl A and gets hurt. In his next relationship with Girl B he tries to be very careful and to ration his affections as you stated in an earlier article. Girl B shows him love fully but feels that Boy A doesn't love her enough because he isn't showing it unknown to her he is trying to ration his love as a result of his past experience. Girl B is hurt and has resolved not to love fully again and also decided to ration her love in her next relationship with Boy B. Boy B gets hurt again and the cycle continues....

I'm not afraid to love. I love fully knowing that I may/may not get hurt at the end but that doesn't stop me from giving my all. Heartbreak has never killed anyone, with time you heal and you move on.

Life is too short and love too beautiful to be afraid to love.

My motto: Live and let live smiley

CC: Anaskie
Scrypt

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2014
Urine:

MizMyColi, this is the real issue here, some people love hard, love like they are under a spell. What assurance can you give these people?

I love that way too. I love like I'm a guy. This is not to say I am domineering or try to compete with the guy in a relationship.

My point is, when I give my all --- I no send.
I become Mrs Foolish.
I loose and lose myself.
My life revolves around the person.
I hang on their every word.
I can suffocate a person on love alone --- or what I perceive as love.

My dear......I am still that way, only I've given myself brain in certain areas sha.
Balance doesn't hurt.

If you've found someone whom your inner light approves of.
If you've met that one person who seems so different from the pack.
If you sense more than enough willingness in the person, if you sense that the person likes you too and for some reason you're not so sure you wanna delve in.......first off, you need to be sure what's driving you, is it fear or wisdom?

Truth is, we'll never really know the turnout, but like I always quip --- there's a spirit in man, the inspiration of the almighty gives him understanding. You will have the understanding, you'll know what to do and what not to do. You'll just know. Some people, some attempts at love are worth it.

Like Nabs said
"Love doesn't mean we are never gonna get hurt" Till we realize we've got to risk it cause any pain you feel can never be compared to the regret of walking away from Love!!!

If I meet that guy today, who makes me wanna lose my comportment, who shows this appreciation of me that defies words, who celebrates me and reassures me, who courts/comes after me, whether or not he disappoints me in the future, as long as we decide to give each other 100% and not hold back, as long as we remain open and sincere, communicating our deepest feelings without fear of judgement --- I will date him, I will go into courtship.

I will prepare my mind for the best and the worst.
I will abandon myself recklessly to God and give love (as I now know it in its truest and purest form) another shot.
#EndOfEpistle

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why So Afraid? by nofij(m): 9:07am On Dec 27, 2014
Taolyn4lif:

Please expatiate. Justify this statement with reasons.
Love does not exist.
Re: Why So Afraid? by LordReed(m): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2014
culcid:

You misstep when you let fear gain a ground in your heart which is why it becomes a cycle for you. Break that fear and you'll not be cycling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by ImpactWorld(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2014
Awesome!

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:11am On Dec 27, 2014
McSterling:
Love can be a dangerous/unhealthy thing especially when you invest all your emotions and energies into it. You love somebody so much; you become so dependent on them like an invalid. You literally can't do without them. And even when they hurt and abuse you, you can't feel it, you can't see it. And when you do see and feel it, you keep going back to get hurt. You become a masochist of sorts- you relish the pain. Even when it's crystal clear that they do not love you at all or at least not as much as you do, you fail to see, you fail to accept. You're so emotionally attached. You so desperately want their love and so you end up vitiating yourself in the process.

That's some f*cked up bullsh*t!

Seriously Dear, Love is not bleeped up bullshit.
We made it that way.
I'm afraid of what we'll pass down to our generation.
We modified and have now made it so impossible.
we mix love, lust and infatuation.

Love Applies Self Control
Love Is not Obsessive
Love gives breathing Space.
The scenario you described above shows a person who has little or no self love.

Take it from me dear, Love that you have not given to yourself, you cannot give to others.
Even if you try to, it will not be received in its truest form.

Self love is not selfish.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2014
goofyuncut:
Again, beautiful expressions from MizMyColi. This one's like good promise for the new year. Please eat love, drink love and make love. It's good and there's vitamins and other minerals in it tongue

grin grin
God!
your approval of me glowwws
Thanks Phil smiley
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2014
Uglyduckling:
You've just summarised my last experience in love with this. Now I'm stuck on whether to give love another chance or just forget about it totally. And the worse is that I am too afraid that I will hurt someone who will love me the way I loved. And I not ready to be a source of pain to anyone because I know how that feels.

MizMyColi:

Seriously Dear, Love is not bleeped up bullshit.
We made it that way.
I'm afraid of what we'll pass down to our generation.
We modified and have now made it so impossible.
we mix love, lust and infatuation.
Love Applies Self Control
Love Is not Obsessive
Love gives breathing Space.
The scenario you described above shows a person who has little or no self love.
Take it from me dear, Love that you have not given to yourself, you cannot give to others.
Even if you try to, it will not be received in its truest form.
Self love is not selfish.
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:14am On Dec 27, 2014
FKBZ:
People are afraiD to love,cos opening their heart to love makes them vulnerable to hurt.and even when they get hurt they won't want a repeat so they don't appear weak.
Most folks just Like you nowadays and not love wholeheartedly.
While some people from birth they don't know or feel loved....so it always hard to receive or return it when it comes along the way.

I quite concur with you.
There's a way out though.
Re: Why So Afraid? by MizMyColi(f): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2014
BJ4REEL:
Hmmm....op, more like you talking to me...
Argghh...i guess my heart has been so hardened? cry

I think I can relate.
It all begins in the mind.
It is the battlefield, the centre of awareness.
Re: Why So Afraid? by LordReed(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

I understand you sir, and I've seen that play out as well.
One of the things I learnt this year was differentiating love from infatuation.

I realized and I, to a large extent concurred with people who say Love doesn't exist.

Y'see, I realized that I've never really given love a chance to blossom all my life.

Love, beyond the frills and beyond the thrills --- is a decision.

you might like this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1951211/must-read-10-experinces-signal

Plenty to take from this. Miz may someone make himself worthy of your love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Afraid? by obiaguna(m): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

^^^ This is my latest blogpost on www.mizmycolimusings..com

Waow! The blog's a huge leap of faith for me.
I'd appreciate your coming around and support.
Thanks in anticipation
smiley

This is so me right now, for most people(like me) its the hurt that lingers from the previous relationship. Mehn I was so hurt and I lost every will to fall in love again. The fear still abounds but maybe when I'm fully ready I would try to love again. Good write up, you have spoken well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I'm I Wrong For Calling Out My Aunty For Terrible Attitude Towards Men???? / My Traditional Wedding Pictures / The Reality Of Ladies Raping Guys(My Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.