Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? (19383 Views)

Photo: Will You Accept This Gift? / He propose with a car after my Refusal To Accept A Friend Car Gift[Photo] / Ladies: How Long Before You Accept A Wooing Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by nieema: 10:49am On Dec 28, 2014
Nmeri17:
op PA MEAT me to say you arr genuinely wicked smiley

1. you asked yo boyfriend to free you because you wanno FOCUS on other things ostensibly more important than him

2. he agreed. and you requested to friendzone him

3. you wanno rub his financial INADEQUACIES into his face by offering him money and

4. hoarding the punny even for one last time angry

I suggest the FG execute you in place of the 52 soldiers on death row undecided

2. We started off as friends. Currently we are in a dating relationship and he has not agreed to be friends.
3. He is NOT financially inadequate, lots of men go thru rough patches. He'll be fine.
4. Not right to send mixed signals...not cool at all!
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Abraham2013(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2014
zilon12:

I don't think she will need the breakup if she had N4m
Dats exactly wat am saying. Since she does not hav 4m to give to d guy, she should simply breakup wit d dude and 4get about d money. 40k is an insult to any man to collect 4rm a woman as breakup gift. Watever is worth doing, is worth doing well.

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nmeri17: 11:05am On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:

2. We started off as friends. Currently we are in a dating relationship and he has not agreed to be friends.
3. He is NOT financially inadequate, lots of men go thru rough patches. He'll be fine.

have u suggested remaining in the relationship but him knowing that you wouldn't give him as much attention as before for a period BEECOOOOOS you have so so so issues at the moment??

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by emsheddy(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:

Nieema dear, av given dis ur issue a careful thought. I have dis to say to u, u cant keep withdrawing to urself each time u wanna work on urself. U did say that this method has always been workin for u. But let me ask, hw long will u continue to use dat method. U might be destroying a one time shot at the best relationship anyone can have. Why not try something new? Imagine the world with no one but just u. No one shud walk life alone dear. Thats why we r there for each other. Ur bf is ur best choice at working on urself now. Do not tow the withdrawing to urself line. Its not the best. You can do better than that dear.

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by softboy(m): 11:34am On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:
I've been trying to end my 2 year relationship for a few months. There are several reasons but the MAIN reason is that I am NOT happy with myself. I need to make some adjustments to improve my life and I need some space to refocus. I love him but I don't NEED to be in a relationship at this time with anyone. We promised each other that we would always be honest about how we were feeling. I reminded him of this when I tried to break things off six weeks ago. I told him that I would still be there for him if he needed anything. I respect him but I need to take care of some things in my peronal life that require my full attention.
I proposed that we go back to being friends but he rejected my offer. Even though we started as friends he said he isnt willing to have a friendship with me if I end the relationship. I don't think it's fair because I've been genuinely good to him. After much consideration and further frustration, I've decided to break it off tonight face to face. At the moment he is having some financial difficulties and I plan to gift him 40k to help ease the sting. I hope he undersatands that I sincerely care for him as I refocus on my own life.
Would you guys/ladies feel better if your honey left you with a break up gift?..or no??
I was in dis same situation abt 2weeks ago,bt I did nt tak it lightly,afta all we hav shared u jst wake up 1 day 2 tell me u want 2 b alone 4 smtym,tank God I ended it drastically 4 ha,so ma pride will still remain
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Originalsly: 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
I hear you on the finances. But if he has a history of not accepting money from you ...for gas and whatever...why are you trying to give him money at this point? Don't you realize that he is one that believes man must always be the provider? ...in good times or bad? If he is able to manage financially at this point why offer him money? Even if offering him a "break up gift" would be good for your soul....why must it be money? ....which you should've known he would not accept? Why not buy him a gift....like normal lovers do? You talk of love but your actions and line of thought would make one believe that you view the relationship as a business. ...."I love my business...but at the moment I need to shut it down because of personal reasons...to you my faithful customer who had no plan B...here is N Bleep as a token to show how much I love you....I want you to remain my loyal customer but I wouldn't say if or when I'll reopen". OP... no doubt ...you love him as a brother.....but you crossed over into a different kind of love and relationship....if you pull out you cannot be friends again....you become the ex and that's why he is saying stay away..no friendship....as an ex you should not be around him period...free the guy...get out of his life and let him find someone to love him through thick or thin...someone who they both can share and help each other overcome their personal difficulties. Free the guy....you don't deserve him.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by redcliff: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
DopeAngel:
if it is by reading books, everybody would be billioniares now

Lol. You did not even catch my message
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Tosinville(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
temitemi1:
No amount can buy my love...
NO AMOUNT? This must be some sort of joke or something
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Brite02(m): 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Op.

How i wish you could explain in details why you want to leave your boyfriend. By then, maybe something of a good advice can come out.

a.) You want some space to refocus....
b.) You still love him....but you dont want to be in a relationship with anyone at this time.
c.) What are the several reasons?
d.) We promised each other that we would always
be honest about how we were feeling. I
reminded him of this when I tried to break
things off six weeks ago..... why are you using this against him?
e.) I proposed that we go back to being
friends but he rejected my offer. Even though we started as friends he said he
isnt willing to have a friendship with me if
I end the relationship. I don't think it's fair
because I've been genuinely good to him.... And so? Is it fair what you are about doing to him?

@Op. why are you playing games with his heart

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by nairaman66(m): 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:

Indeed she is. I've been faithful and supportive to the best of my ability and honest above all else. So Karma and I can kick it anytime.

Stay faithful and supportive still dear. You guys need each other unless you got someone else.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Tosinville(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
OP must be seeing somebody else who's flier than his bf that's why she wanna use 40Gs d dude gave her to bribe him and to tell him to take his mind off d relationship, so u think its time to dump him in his predicament and good loving time of d past don turn story for d gods 4 u now? Chai 9ja girls dey dangerous o! #thot#feelings.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by holatin(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
yomi007k:

Wa sere padi mi.
abi now
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by PrettySpicey(f): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

I didn't see an incentive in that verse..... OLe ni e tongue

@ bolded -- INSULT!!!

I'm sure you know what to do to earn your forgiveness angry

P.S.

Drop the car keys with my PA lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
PrettySpicey:

@ bolded -- INSULT!!!

I'm sure you know what to do to earn your forgiveness angry

P.S.

Drop the car keys with my PA lipsrsealed

Nah.... I'll drop a pair of very strong shoes for your trekking purpose lol
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by fabolakers(m): 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
Originalsly:
I hear you on the finances. But if he has a history of not accepting money from you ...for gas and whatever...why are you trying to give him money at this point? Don't you realize that he is one that believes man must always be the provider? ...in good times or bad? If he is able to manage financially at this point why offer him money? Even if offering him a "break up gift" would be good for your soul....why must it be money? ....which you should've known he would not accept? Why not buy him a gift....like normal lovers do? You talk of love but your actions and line of thought would make one believe that you view the relationship as a business. ...."I love my business...but at the moment I need to shut it down because of personal reasons...to you my faithful customer who had no plan B...here is N Bleep as a token to show how much I love you....I want you to remain my loyal customer but I wouldn't say if or when I'll reopen". OP... no doubt ...you love him as a brother.....but you crossed over into a different kind of love and relationship....if you pull out you cannot be friends again....you become the ex and that's why he is saying stay away..no friendship....as an ex you should not be around him period...free the guy...get out of his life and let him find someone to love him through thick or thin...someone who they both can share and help each other overcome their personal difficulties. Free the guy....you don't deserve him.
You've said it all. Nothing else should be added cos right now my guy will be thinking he has a girlfriend which is not the case. @OP, if I was him, I would want you to free me from that cos it seems like he can't do it by himself cos of the way he feels about you.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by PrettySpicey(f): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Nah.... I'll drop a pair of very strong shoes for your trekking purpose lol

Winchcraft is when you lil bro wishes you a long trek embarassed
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by nieema: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
justscorch:
I know a rich nigggga wants u and u feel there's nothing ur niggga can do for ya,Wallahi bish u ain't loya-Chris Brown
"You can ride for a niggah your whole life...New punny fucck it up in one night!"-K.Michell Loyal female remix
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Forgive first lol
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by nieema: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
@justscorch
You can't step to me about being loyal with Chris Brown lyrics...lol
Who has he been loyal to?? Besides and his song is as weak as water. You gotta come harder than that.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Originalsly:
I hear you on the finances. But if he has a history of not accepting money from you ...for gas and whatever...why are you trying to give him money at this point? Don't you realize that he is one that believes man must always be the provider? ...in good times or bad? If he is able to manage financially at this point why offer him money? Even if offering him a "break up gift" would be good for your soul....why must it be money? ....which you should've known he would not accept? Why not buy him a gift....like normal lovers do? Y[b]ou talk of love but your actions and line of thought would make one believe that you view the relationship as a business. ...."I[color=#990000] love my business...but at the moment I need to shut it down because of personal reasons...to you my faithful customer who had no plan B...here is N Bleep as a token to show how much I love you....I want you to remain my loyal customer but I wouldn't say if or when I'll reopen". OP... no doubt ...you love him as a brother.....but you crossed over into a different kind of love and relationship....if you pull out you cannot be friends again....you become the ex and that's why he is saying stay away..no friendship....as an ex you should not be around him period...free the guy...get out of his life and let him find someone to love him through thick or thin...someone who they both can share and help each other overcome their personal difficulties. Free the guy....you don't deserve him.
so on point with this!

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by nieema: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
Originalsly:
Ouch!!
Sir, I have heard you and I get it. He rang me last night cos he's not feeling well, sick with a bad cold. I'm going to go over and check on him soon. My relationship should be a partnership not a business. I do understand that. Thank you.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by justscorch: 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:

"You can ride for a niggah your whole life...New punny fucck it up in one night!"-K.Michell Loyal female remix

Is that what we are doing now? Keep replying me and u might just get it
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Originalsly: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
@Nieema...glad you got it. If you really make up your mind to continue the relationship then you need to apologise for not considering his emotions....and being more open and considerate in the future. If not...let him know you are there because of his request and would be moving on as soon as the illness goes away. I'm out.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by nieema: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
justscorch:

Is that what we are doing now? Keep replying me and u might just get "IT"
Don't start no SH..and there won't be any IT. You referenced a song and I replied in kind...and what?
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by ALEXTER: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Gifts are meant to keep memories, so collecting that money will keep u thinking about the relationship. it can lead to more troubles from d heart so is better nt to collect. even d bible says gifts wins d heart! so instead of suffering such a huge hartbreak its better to forget d person there!
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by justscorch: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:

Don't start no SH..and there won't be any IT. You referenced a song and I replied in kind...and what?

All this abokii girls sef,Oya tell me what do u want from me?
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by nieema: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
justscorch:

All this abokii girls sef,Oya tell me what do u want from me?
Nothing.
Keep doing you. Nothing dey happen.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by justscorch: 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:

Nothing.
Keep doing you. Nothing dey happen.

Send me a private msg, wit ur pin or number pls
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Big sis have you the movie NO GOOD DEED by Idris Elba
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 29, 2014
nieema:

I love and respect him. I hope to have a future with him one day.
How am I supposed to keep giving him my best when I dont feel good about my life. I know I may lose him. But sometimes I feel like I've already lost myself under the pressure of relationship obligations...my own emotional energy is low. I just ask him for consideration to allow me space and a little time to recharge. I love him no doubt and have told him this much.
Sis I always believe that their is time for every thing.true you might loss him if you back out a little but,you might also loss him if your personal issues you want to take care of remains unattended to and interferes in ur relationship.ur the one dating him hence you take the decision but,he might as well help u put yourself together if you open up to him-thats d beauty of love.I would end this with one of my b;est quotes"if u truly love someone let him/her go.if they are meant for u they would come back
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by PrettySpicey(f): 3:43am On Dec 29, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Big sis have you the movie NO GOOD DEED by Idris Elba

Did you purposely mention Idris so I can go after it like a crack head goes after cocainum? angry

Haven't seen it...................... but it's a must now grin
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Did you purposely mention Idris so I can go after it like a crack head goes after cocainum? angry

Haven't seen it...................... but it's a must now grin

Hehehe.....Idris was very scary in that movie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Ever Cried And Begged For A Relationship As A Woman? / Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? / Pls Taking Sperm From D Mouth Or Pussy Which 1 Nourishes a lady's Body better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.