Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? (19387 Views)

Photo: Will You Accept This Gift? / He propose with a car after my Refusal To Accept A Friend Car Gift[Photo] / Ladies: How Long Before You Accept A Wooing Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by bigiyaro(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
U mean if you are married, u will need a divorce to enable u focus on personal issues or whatever? If you don't love the the guy anymore, for whatever slime reason, just get the hell out of his life. Don't try to leave the back door open with your pathetic 40k incase u want to come back in. Trust me, he will pick up the pieces n move on, it will be as if you were never there.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by stigman(m): 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
Women, if it is the man now, it will be all men are the same, the truth is that you are leaving him because he is broke

7 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by boxer022(m): 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
This is a very delicate case. I want you to understand one thing, the fact that you started your relationship from friendship is very lovely and I like that. The problem there is that there is no way a guy who graduated with his friend from friendship to relationship cannot agree to go back to just been friends. That apart, the fact that you decided to make some changes in your person life should not affect your relationship as there might be a situation where you might need some kind of encouragement from someone close to your heart. I want you to forget completely about the breakup gift you are planning to give him as he might misunderstand your intention for giving it to himv and might also see it as a bribe for him to leave you as he is facing financial problems. If you really love him as you sasy then continue the relationship and make whatever adjustment you need to make to your personal life.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:
I've been trying to end my 2 year relationship for a few months. There are several reasons but the MAIN reason is that I am NOT happy with myself. I need to make some adjustments to improve my life and I need some space to refocus. I love him but I don't NEED to be in a relationship at this time with anyone. We promised each other that we would always be honest about how we were feeling. I reminded him of this when I tried to break things off six weeks ago. I told him that I would still be there for him if he needed anything. I respect him but I need to take care of some things in my peronal life that require my full attention.
I proposed that we go back to being friends but he rejected my offer. Even though we started as friends he said he isnt willing to have a friendship with me if I end the relationship. I don't think it's fair because I've been genuinely good to him. After much consideration and further frustration, I've decided to break it off tonight face to face. At the moment he is having some financial difficulties and I plan to gift him 40k to help ease the sting. I hope he undersatands that I sincerely care for him as I refocus on my own life.
Would you guys/ladies feel better if your honey left you with a break up gift?..or no??
I understand...I really do.

But its just cos u no longer envisage both of u together. Wen u both tell each other I love u, u feel like u don't love him as much as he does. Like your lyin to him and to urself.

Let's be sincere and 4get about the refocus of a tin...after all u no be pastor. Its not like u have a ministry ahead of u.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
ireneony:
ok you are welcome too. There was a thread I created yesterday, without hitting FrontPage it got to 0-5 page and nairaland peeps really contributed to it, but it did not smell front page...but the one that is struggling to get comment or contribution will automatically hit FrontPage within 1hour which is not fair

yea! Got it
Mayb d MOD does not get tins d way u do

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
Who gives break up gifts lol thats the first . It must be the guilt

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
40k?

Well, that can get me Recharge card

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by mizzy007(m): 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
If its a car YES I will accept grin

3 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Dannylux: 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
It's not just easy to return with being friends with a lover who you still have affection for. It can hardly work unless you've totally lost interest.

Wth is a break up gift? to soothe his pain or something? If you intend to help him out with his financial difficulties kindly do so, and please do not call it "A Break Up Gift"...

Who does that?
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by inme: 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:
I've been trying to end my 2 year relationship for a few months. There are several reasons but the MAIN reason is that I am NOT happy with myself. I need to make some adjustments to improve my life and I need some space to refocus. I love him but I don't NEED to be in a relationship at this time with anyone. We promised each other that we would always be honest about how we were feeling. I reminded him of this when I tried to break things off six weeks ago. I told him that I would still be there for him if he needed anything. I respect him but I need to take care of some things in my peronal life that require my full attention.
I proposed that we go back to being friends but he rejected my offer. Even though we started as friends he said he isnt willing to have a friendship with me if I end the relationship. I don't think it's fair because I've been genuinely good to him. After much consideration and further frustration, I've decided to break it off tonight face to face. At the moment he is having some financial difficulties and I plan to gift him 40k to help ease the sting. I hope he undersatands that I sincerely care for him as I refocus on my own life.
Would you guys/ladies feel better if your honey left you with a break up gift?..or no??

@Bolded, this is the reason why you want to end the relationship, forget the long story

If he was doing well and have all the money to lavish on you, you would never want to leave his side for a moment.

Money over everything, I mean EVERYTHING

10 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by watchindelta(m): 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
I will reject it. but anything make me take it, i will gv u one hot one b4 u go surely am telling u.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
Dannylux:
It's not just easy to return with being friends with a lover who you still have affection for. It can hardly work unless you've totally lost interest.

Wth is a break up gift? to soothe his pain or something? If you intend to help him out with his financial difficulties kindly do so, and please do not call it "A Break Up Gift"...

Who does that?

Exactly lol never heard of that . Its actually insulting if u ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by onadana: 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
coolWhat are you saying tell us the truth.....you are tired of the broke guy..not that there is anythng wrong with that....i wonder what you want to fix with yourself.Its your choice babe....regardless of our advice.....its your call.

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by miriamgroove: 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
Seriously... If u were in the guys shoe, hw il u feel?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by sulmeza(m): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
OlamiB:

Why do you always sound frustrated llike this? To the OP, I can't Accept such gift, it will continually be a reminder which I dnt want tongue
lol..dat's d major reason am followin her...d day she changes is d day i'l unfollow her..lol

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Holuwarsweun(m): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
serioui if I were d guy I no go accept am

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:

Am just hoping he knows it's nothing about him. I hope he can consider picking up with me in d future is he is still available
you think you can eat your cake and have it? try harder angry

5 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Gakin95: 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
Tell him the truth,you have someone else who is distracting you,the most annoying thing you posted us that he us in financial difficulty therefore you will bribe him with 40k...........Rubbish!!!!! i'd rather become a pope

4 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by nobullshit(m): 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:

Am just hoping he knows it's nothing about him. I hope he can consider picking up with me in d future is he is still available

If that is the case, delete the term " BREAKUP" off ur mind sweetie because, after every breakup, the measurement arent likely to be same when trying to measure up after the breakup therefore, try making him understand that, u just want to focus on something personal for now. THAT IS, IF UR SURE THAT HE TRULY LOVES YOU IF NOT, SHATTER-OFF NOT JUST BREAKUP.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nairalane:
To Remain Broke Is Better Than Breaking Up. Talk Less Of A Gift For That.
hahaha...but its true shaaa...

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by tomiobj(m): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Afrobasic:
Op... How did it go Please, tell us, My need for closure is strong! grin

Good question!!!!

Abi o
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by damola1: 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
9 out of 10 problems are money related. A man must address money issues. 'Love' as it's called, is simply an emotional feeling that flourishes when in the midst of constant cash flow!...

Small issue madam get, she just think am, let me just do away with all the wahalas in my life, include this guy, let me just dey my lane until i fix this other issue. But if the man na correct bobo wey load wella, nna men, na asset, so, lai lai... drop am ke?...In fact his presence alone will help me solve this issue I found myself in.

You know notice, the babe even believe say in the future when she don settle her matter, she go still meet the guy for there, to show you how much the guy rely on the girl....

Men, should be smart, money answereth all things!

4 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by obowunmi(m): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
In 2012, I gifted an ex- 100,000 naira.

She thought we would get married, she cried.... now she's married with a son. She moved on and I felt at peace.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by shinechinedu(m): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
May God never allow me to come across any lady like you! Gosh your heartlessness is on a new level. What more can I say? Too much of hollywood

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Coolguy89(m): 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Jboy8844:
why not?....just kiding, well, if he accept that money, it virtually mean, he's not truely inlove with you, cos from my calculation, no amount can buy LOVE......#my oppinion though.
yea real love is priceless

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by diamondoluwole: 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
[color=#550000][/color]To my own opinion, is like the guy is not meet up to your need that's why you're using some excuses to end the relationship. Can't you just continue the relationship but tell him you need to focus on some things. If you really love him you know need to end it @ all.. Just let him knw you have higher priorities for now and that he should understand that you really love him. Its important that he knows you still love him that's just it. Smiles
tomiobj:
Would uu accept a gift along with your sack letter

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
OP, it is one thing to break up with a guy primarily because he has financial problems (i know that is probably why you are breaking up with him) and it is a bigger insult to try to offer him money as a parting gift! Move on to the next guy you have found and leave the guy to nurse his wounds. I ain't buying that your story of needing space cos i know another man is involved and he was the one who gave you the 40k to pay the guy off. WOMEN!!

10 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by seedorfg(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
Uhm how i wish busayo could just give me a breakup gift , lobatan, grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Coolguy89(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
You need to focus on somthing,wats dat thing dat is so important than love of ur life,if u r just tire of him tell him or u found someone else dats it.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by tosinendowed(m): 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
fuckshit:
I do fücking appluad your courage; it's not that fücking easy to tell someone you've been in a relationship with that your fücking breaking up ‘face to face’.

but as for the ‘breakup gift’ being cash that's a whole new different shït; you know him best & what his fücking going through @ the monent; but i can fücking say this most guys would love a fücking whole day of ‘breakup sex’ grin grin
where did dis one come from.....fu ck kor spoon ni
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by holluwai(m): 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
@op say the truth...... You've met someone else. It's usually hard for a woman to just walk away from a relationship esp when it's been for 2yrs. The guy no long catches you fantasy...period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Some Guys Hate Girls: Call Them Misogynists. / Have You Seen The Ghanaian Slay Queen Whose Booty Can Cause Massive Accident / Police Arrest Teen Female Students During A Public Nake**d Photo Shoots (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.