Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria (34406 Views)

Why NNEWI Model Can Transform NIGERIA - Punchng.com / ‘i’ve The Capacity To Transform Nigeria For The Better’- Rochas Okorocha / Two People Dat Can Transform Nigeria Comes The Year 2015..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by abdulll6afh(m): 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
Is it your mothers room that you will look for another term

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by abagnalie: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
NO

NEVER

GEJ ur next point of call is otuoke

That where u belong So that u can
Pilot the affairs of the creek with asari
Dokubo.
GMB for change

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
voiceofnigeria:
President Goodluck Jonathan today urged all Nigerians to be patient for another four or five years for the country to be better, Punch reports.

The president was speaking in today’s Sunday service at Christ Apostolic Church, Area 1, Durunmi, Abuja where he worshiped.

He assured Nigerians that his administration was working hard to put Nigeria on the right path but warned that the result of their efforts might not be visible immediately.

He opined that if the present achievements of his administration is sustained, Nigeria would become a better place in the next four or five years.

The president also urged Nigerians to continue to pray for his government with assurances that he and his team will continue to give their all in the discharge of their duties.

He said, “For me and members of my team, in spite of the challenges, we will continue to do our best.
“As a nation, we have not reached where we want to be, definitely not. But we are coming up with a number of policies.

“Those who are taking pain to look at what we are doing will agree with us that if we progress as a nation steadily in this manner, in the next four or five years, this country will be a better place.”

Just yesterday, Former president Ibrahim Babangida urged all Nigerians, who mean well for the country, to support the President.

SOURCE 1: http://www.diamondreport.com.ng/2014/12/jonathan-to-nigerians-give-me-another.html

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeriall-be-a-better-place-in-five-years-says-jonathan/

[b]I respect Mr President and simply love and laugh at this letter,

OPEN LETTER TO MR BUHARI.!!!

By; Usman Okai Austin

Dear Mr Buhari,

Your generation is a very privileged one, You run the race, you handover the baton for others to run, you cannot hold on to the baton more than is necessary. indeed.

In 1975 at the age of 33, you were appointed the Military Governor of the North-Eastern State, present day Borno & Yobe states. In 1976 at the age of 34 you became the Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources.

In 1978 at the age of 36 you became the Chairman of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Today the reverse is the case. Most Nigerians at age of 35 are still unemployed and still living with parents. Many are still not married.

During your time you were already Governor at this age. One major reason for this unfortunate turn of events is that many elders like you have refused to voluntarily
handover the baton to the next generation.

Life should be a relay race where one runs his race and hands over to the next.

In Nigeria many elders like you have run their races and are still holding on tenaciously to the baton.

When are you going to handover to the next person? It is either you do it voluntarily or risk disgrace at the polls.

In 1983 at the age of 41, . Most Nigerians in at that age have not had the opportunity to serve, but we still remain committed to the Nigerian project.

You should rather be graceful to God and to Nigerians for the numerous opportunities that have come your way to serve Nigerians. Others are begging for just one opportunity to serve.

Sir, you have to accept the stark reality on ground that you have served your time already.

That is life for you. You run the race, you handover the baton for others to run, you cannot hold on to the baton more than is necessary.

As a former head of State you are already a member of the Council of State Meeting.

You have every avenue to channel your views across. You don’t necessarily have to be in a frontline role, you can serve in an advisory capacity.

That is still service.
Culled from: https://www.facebook.com/deo.omokhua/posts/10152978242662220[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by stevecantrell: 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
A funny thot just crossed my mind....
Even 5 years after Jeg is retired, thru ballot box or other means...you ppl would still be raining insults on him lol !

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by greatgeo(m): 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
agarawu23:
Wat av u done with 6yrs ?
What significant changes have u made in ur life for d past 5yrs When no 1 has tempered with it before? Unlike Nigeria where some ppl are fighting to destroy everything? 10yrs is not even enough here if only u no what this country was when d presence democracy started, time is all we need every country that has become something today passed through what we currently experience so keep praying for d Good leaders and d country we shall get there. Anything Good take time mind u its not magic that gej is using
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by salt1: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
The insults on this thread are nauseating!

In fact it makes some of us who are not partisan to hate Buhari's supporters. Can't you convince without being abusive?
I am sure you will be surprised come 2015.
Throwing insults in an anonymous forum is a very different issue from winning elections
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Oga today is Sunday.

Yi hakuri, inna yin maggana kammar ka na Jin yaren! grin
Yon ke nyon sme
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by donMIG(m): 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
Like tras form Nigeria into a gold mine!fu(k d president n everybody DAT will waste an iota of enegy to vvote 4 d assss55 hole

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
hope this news is fake b4 I unclad start to sw**r
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
salt1:

In fact it makes some of us who are not partisan to hate Buhari's supporters. Can't you convince without being abusive?
Throwing insults in an anonymous forum is a very different issue from winning elections
Salt, I go pour you water oo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Tibins(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
salt1:
So is this a better option?

Read what a Northern elder wrote

''When I say that the Presidency must come to the north next year I am referring to the Hausa-Fulani core north and not any northern christian or muslim minority tribe.

The Christians in the north such as the Berom, the Tiv, the Kataf, the Jaba, the Zuru, the Sayyawa, the Bachama, the Jukun, the Idoma and all the others are nothing and the muslim minorities in the north, including the Kanuri, the Nupe, the Igbira, the Babur, the Shuwa Arabs, the Marghur and all the others know that when we are talking about leadership in the north and in Nigeria, Allah has given it to us, the Hausa-Fulani.

They can grumble, moan and groan as much as they want but each time they go into their bedrooms to meet their wives and each time they get on their prayer mats to begin their prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of, that they fear, that they bow to and that they pray for.

Some of them are even ready to give us their wives and daughters for one nights sport and pleasure. They owe us everything. This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Usman Dan Fodio.

We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing islam on them by force.

It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran. In return for the good works of our forefathers Allah, through the British, gave us Nigeria to rule and to do with as we please. Since 1960 we have been doing that and we intend to continue.

No Goodluck or anyone else will stop us from taking back our power next year. We will kill, maim, destroy and turn this country into Africa's biggest war zone and refugee camp if they try it.

Many say we are behind Boko Haram. My answer is what do you expect? We do not have economic power or intellectual power. All we have is political power and they want to take even that from us.

We must fight and we will fight back in order to keep it. They have brought in the infidels from America and the pigs from Israel to help them but they will fail. The war has just begun, the Mujahadeen are more than ready and by Allah we shall win.

If they don't want an ISIS in Nigeria then they must give us back the Presidency and our political power. Their soldiers are killing our warriors and our people every day but mark this: even if it takes one hundred years we will have our revenge.

Every Fulani man that they kill is a debt that will be repaid even if it takes 100 years. The Fulani have very long memories.''- ALIYU GWARZO

Alhaji or whoever you may be... did you hear yourslf. Allah has given the leadership of Nigeria to you HAUSA / FULANI... So, no other tribe can rule Nigeria. Not even the minority Northern muslims.
You must be in dream land. For what you have said... I am mobilising the youths in my area against Buhari... since you have BORN TO RULE NOIGERIA MENTALITY... YOU ALL ARE BIGOTS AS YOUR PRINCIPAL - BUHARI
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by erayo2GCA(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
GEJ is finished

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by sammhi(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
WhiteTechnology:
Even if we give you 10 terms sir, if you fail to embrace the following below, all your efforts will end in vain.

Resource control

Fiscal federalism

Privatization

Political federalism

Decentralization of Nigeria

Restructuring of Nigeria

Institutions submitting their quarterly activities to public scrutiny

Which are the fastest route to economic diversification , citizenry prosperity and political stability.

the best way to stop all these tension is to make presidential term one of single 6 years..and rotated among the 6 geo-political zone.
that way you wait for your turn to eat...shikena...if not tension go soon send the country into war
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by babasanti: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
mukson00:
Hmmmm ur bad boy said u already win the 2015 election what is the meaning of ur campang.just believe with him,non sense and no head is = what
=BIG YANSH
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by salt1: 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
sawdust:

Salt, I go pour you water oo

Try it na....
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by babasanti: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
salt1:

LEAVE THAT TALK . GMB2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Dreyl(m): 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Foolish drunkard!
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by tit(f): 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
You have got it Mr. President!
Carry go!

The only people against you are boko haram and misguided people. Do not mind them.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by salt1: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
erayo2GCA:
GEJ is finished

On this thread, you mean?

If it's 2015, then you can't be so sure
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by sammhi(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
abagnalie:
NO

NEVER

GEJ ur next point of call is otuoke

That where u belong So that u can
Pilot the affairs of the creek with asari
Dokubo.
GMB for change

please stop and think again... the man you are addressing produces the oil that sustain the country...try respect that ooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by holluwai(m): 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
??

Silkmoth33:

Me Isa ka na yin shugaban kassan ka haka? Eh?

Me ya yi ma?
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by salt1: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
babasanti:
LEAVE THAT TALK . GMB2015

So you hope to achieve that by insulting everybody?
Or to adopt Shekau style of "your vote or your life?"
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
Donbrig:
Our founding fathers must be turning in their graves right now. GEJ asking for more years after he couldn't make good use of the six years he has spent is a big insult to well meaning Nigerians. We can't accept this anymore, enough is enough. GEJ has done his best, he cannot give what he don't have.. He has to go and allow more credible president to takeover. Nigerians can no longer endure in poverty, mismanagement, massive corruption, insecurity, inflation of projects.

Buhari/Osinbajo
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by efemena22(m): 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
grinface98:
We should give u 4 or 5 more years so u would b able to ruin we Nigerians completely abi? God no go help u! Foolish Niger delta man.
Vote APC come 2015!
who be dis grinface98?
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by OLADD: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

may God guide and protect you and c through your heart and fulfill ur dreams.
big up
#teamGej
[color=#006600][/color]

Same to you bro. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Hoodrat(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
Lol.
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Blueflame1987(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
grinface98:
I can see u're a newbie here bcoz u really av no idea on how to talk. U're extremely mannerless for insulting my parents like dat, bro! If d thing btw my mom's thighs is a gutter, ur mom's own is a canal. Av neva insulted anyone here on nairaland & u're goin 2 b d first: May ur parents regret d day u were born for d rest of their miserable lives. *hope dats not too much?*
That gutter infested with rats,worms and all sorts of undesirable and nauseating elements,which sits itself comfortably between your mother's thighs is to blame for shitting out a maggot like you...your father was high on cheap narcotics and shepe the day he mounted ur mother(who was also jonzing on codeine and alomo) to inject you into her womb so I guess their regrets for the bleeping that prduced you occurred the next day after higness clear.....Meaning say dem start to regret for your matter long before dem born you....E-diot!...dare trash talk my region again and you'll get a full dose of my verbal venom...say all the bullshit about GEJ,don't test my region you piece of bullshit!
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
vote gej because he had no shoes and brain
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by olaoluolu: 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
It’s a bit late in the day for GEJ to be asking for another 5years!
His good works (if any) should speak for him.
I personally believe he has done too little to deserve another day in Aso rock.
Unless Nigerians are mediocre.
Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by docadams: 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
If after 6years a child in nursery school is still learning how to crawl he is sent back to the parents for proper evaluation by those trained to do so. Otherwise, his mates may assume that crawling at 6years is a normal thing and may, therefore, revert to crawling.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by babadee1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
GEJ has no plan for Nigeria. The man is asking us to vote for him so that he can become the longest ruler in the history of Nigeria. He wants to be the longest sitting president/head of state, sitting down in Aso Rock doing nothing. Corruption, terrorism, economic downturn have all become much worse under Goodluck, still no sign of leadership from him. Now he's begging for another term. To do what na?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Nigerians: Give Me Another Five Years To Transform Nigeria by sammyj: 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
What do you expect from evil genius junior, for another 4 to 5 yrs GEj is confused, he better step aside like his evil genius senior IBB who also tried to seat down tight and ended up stepping aside, a beg park well Mr stealing is not corruption!!!! Vote for CHANGE!!!!!!
agarawu23:
Wat av u done with 6yrs ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How First Lady ‘influenced Rivers Governorship Poll For Wike’ / Photos Of Okorocha, Emeka Ihedioha & Jonathan: Caption Them / China Meets President-elect Tinubu On Trade, Diplomatic Relations With Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.