Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This (90482 Views)

Don't Expect Him To Take You To Alter, If You Are Doing This. / No Love At First Sight, We Fell In Love At First Chat / When You Can't Find Any Girl To Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by kristein(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
1stola:

for what?
when will you guys just grow up?
and was the mail meant to you? ehn? answer na amebo justin angry

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by dharamanil(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
It's always like this, teaching how to approach them in a way that gives them the upper hand to insult a G... I can only be polite to a girl who replies quick, and who is willing to chat by giving #1 answers not those ones with k Kk hmm, wuh and those Bleep cartoon faces
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by sexygaius: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
d fact is some gals too like to dey form posh, they be like he's not my type,n they end up creating bad attitudes

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by joshrare(m): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Over the years I have heard this a lot and I have tried to understand the situation. The truth is, no lady likes a stereotype guy.

It is so common to find guys getting the monosyllabic response over instant messages because they always say the wrong things.
Before you attack to bite let me finish.

It is no longer news that we meet more people online today than we meet in person. A Lot of guys call it "forming" for others it's just "annoying attitude by ladies" but I say, know what to say and you can get the best out of a conversation.

How would you expect a lady you are chatting with to take you serious when the 1st time u chat her up all you can say is:

1. Who is dis That's a no no......
I know you'll say a lot of ladies do that but it's a no no for a guy for Christ sake she isn't going to wanna listen to you. If she's not giving out her name, don't take it the hard way. Some ladies prefer to be anonymous till they feel comfortable so just give it time.

2. Don't start up a conversation by asking " what do you do".
For heaven's sake, you wanna make friends not a business partner.

3. You only just met her online and you are already asking what are parents do for a living undecided haba now......

4. If you want her to totally loose interest please ask what her best food is or her hubby.... menh that's so 19th century.

5. If you are interested in her beyond friendship please never ask " what kindda guys she likes"
That's a signal for "complex"

There are lots of reasons ladies pay little or no attention to a guy the first time they chat but for the sake of a healthy conversation it's better to go with the flow. The first conversation should not always be an interview trust me lots of ladies hate that.

Best form of conversation:
Boy: hey what's up?
Girl: who are you?

Boy: got your number/ pin from......
Girl: k.... what do you want?

Boy: just wanna be friends if you don't mind..
Girl: K

Boy: my name is...... how are you doing and how is your day turning out? hope you are not busy and can chat...

No girl will ever turn down such polite approach as against the typical.....

Boy: hi
Girl: hi
Boy: can I meet you?
What do you do for a living?
Where are you based?......

Where are the online girls?
Link me up or give me a link
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by swazyswag(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
JayJustus:

you're very correct!!! Nigerian girls are boring...growing up in an international community where I met other African girls the difference is clear...you can talk to a Ugandan or Zimbabwean girl for a whole day straight and you won't even think of food but one Nigerian girl I was talking to today I made food twice and slept on the phone whilst she was "K-ing" me...I'm not saying all other African girls are better but in comparison they know how to talk and hold conversations well you don't feel like it should end...Nigerian girls have the mentality that he just wanna "toast" em...Naija I hail thee
u can say dat again I had many gf frm south african u should see how dey chat naija gals chaiiii na wa all dey want is for u to do d talking they want gist nd dey do k k k mtchewwww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by powerblaze(m): 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
All she will reply you is

K
K
Kk.
Ya
K
No
K
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by cocokiller1(f): 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blackeard:
Another problem is most nigerian ladies r boring. They can't hold a convo to save their life. They expect u to be the only one talking while they just stay there chipping in the occasional "oh" "k" "kk" "lol" "aii". Nothing turns me off more than monosyllabic responses
not everyone loves chatting
I hate chatting to d core so I reply with d wrds u listed above
m boring yh...dats jst wen it comes to chatting
I reply err msg I get wen I feel it's convenient 4 me
evn if it's 2days after a person sends a msg
I jst stay on chat sites to view people's pm nd pics
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
na mostly ladies dey first a guy what he does for a living and how much he earns a month cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Beckybeky(f): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
Social media chat to me is useless
There's too much pride, pretence and 'forming' in it

How many times do u get to chat with ur contacts Not as if you're busy or sth, u somehow just feel too big to do so. You see ppl who can't even feed themselves forming busy and feeling fly. You see girls who don't even knw how it feels to have a boyfrend forming ajebutter and feeling Behind.
To me its a waste of time, except you have someone important like ur boss or family members on ur list. One on one discussion is still d best jareh. At least u get to see who you're talking to and d person will also see u.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by lawrenzo007(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blackeard:
lol how old was she?

I don't even bother to ask cos I was really pissed off
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by iamord(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
nope it's not jst all abt toasting
I do it wen I feel I don't need new frnds
cos some guys even tend to lie wen u ask how dy got ur number.
nd 2days after managing to keep a convo,d nxt thing they say is can we meet?
I respect your opinion @ bolded, but I feel its better to make your intentions known, and there will be no hard feelings, lol on the number aspect, you know at times guys will not want to cast their guys and stuff, sometimes they even steal it from a friends phone, so they might not even remember where they got it from, any guy that asks when can we meet after a small period like that is definitely in need of some sharp sex, well those are guys with small boi orientation, a real guy will hold up a convo longer and make the lady feel comfy with him even b4 meeting, but you should not categorize all guys together cos of your few experiences. But ladies need to do more to hold their own line of the convo too.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by swazyswag(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2015
JayJustus:

you're very correct!!! Nigerian girls are boring...growing up in an international community where I met other African girls the difference is clear...you can talk to a Ugandan or Zimbabwean girl for a whole day straight and you won't even think of food but one Nigerian girl I was talking to today I made food twice and slept on the phone whilst she was "K-ing" me...I'm not saying all other African girls are better but in comparison they know how to talk and hold conversations well you don't feel like it should end...Nigerian girls have the mentality that he just wanna "toast" em...Naija I hail thee
make I just leave dis chat wit gals mata cos if I start I won't finish
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
i have noticed that white girls are more fun in chatting with than nigerian girls.They are not shy and they no reply you in mono syllable.What i have observed though.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by misshoree(f): 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blackeard:
and some girls just reply like they're on the run.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by chacha233: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing an extra income... You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection... Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up... You can have your first check by the end of this week..............www.Jobs-spot.com

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by iamord(m): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
Beckybeky:
Social media chat to me is useless
There's too much pride, pretence and 'forming' in it

How many times do u get to chat with ur contacts Not as if you're busy or sth, u somehow just feel too big to do so. You see ppl who can't even feed themselves forming busy and feeling fly. You see girls who don't even knw how it feels to have a boyfrend forming ajebutter and feeling Behind.
To me its a waste of time, except you have someone important like ur boss or family members on ur list. One on one discussion is still d best jareh. At least u get to see who you're talking to and d person will also see u.
confam lady talking right here!! No sugar coating, its the plain truth, you send some msg and the next second u see “r”.. Followed by status updates .. Forming unnecessary busy.. Its a mirror to cover fake life styles, Well I have passed the level of bothering about such, no be say delete button don rust.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Thinkr(m): 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
There was a time when I was working in a bank. I had this particular girl on my list. She was the "k aii hmm" type. She updated "going off bbm for now sub almost over" so I decided to test her. I asked for her number transfered credit for bis to her and she was happy. Since that day she was always striking interesting chats all just cos of 1k recharge. In my mind I was like "Olori bururku lelei sha" as expected, the moral dies with time. Hoes everywhere grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Okey8122(m): 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
not everyone loves chatting
I hate chatting to d core so I reply with d wrds u listed above
m boring yh...dats jst wen it comes to chatting
I reply err msg I get wen I feel it's convenient 4 me
evn if it's 2days after a person sends a msg
I jst stay on chat sites to view people's pm nd pics
Lol,u don't belong 2 ds century. u remind me of my late grand mother

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Over the years I have heard this a lot and I have tried to understand the situation. The truth is, no lady likes a stereotype guy.

It is so common to find guys getting the monosyllabic response over instant messages because they always say the wrong things.
Before you attack to bite let me finish.

It is no longer news that we meet more people online today than we meet in person. A Lot of guys call it "forming" for others it's just "annoying attitude by ladies" but I say, know what to say and you can get the best out of a conversation.

How would you expect a lady you are chatting with to take you serious when the 1st time u chat her up all you can say is:

1. Who is dis That's a no no......
I know you'll say a lot of ladies do that but it's a no no for a guy for Christ sake she isn't going to wanna listen to you. If she's not giving out her name, don't take it the hard way. Some ladies prefer to be anonymous till they feel comfortable so just give it time.

2. Don't start up a conversation by asking " what do you do".
For heaven's sake, you wanna make friends not a business partner.

3. You only just met her online and you are already asking what are parents do for a living undecided haba now......

4. If you want her to totally loose interest please ask what her best food is or her hubby.... menh that's so 19th century.

5. If you are interested in her beyond friendship please never ask " what kindda guys she likes"
That's a signal for "complex"

There are lots of reasons ladies pay little or no attention to a guy the first time they chat but for the sake of a healthy conversation it's better to go with the flow. The first conversation should not always be an interview trust me lots of ladies hate that.

Best form of conversation:
Boy: hey what's up?
Girl: who are you?

Boy: got your number/ pin from......
Girl: k.... what do you want?

Boy: just wanna be friends if you don't mind..
Girl: K

Boy: my name is...... how are you doing and how is your day turning out? hope you are not busy and can chat...

No girl will ever turn down such polite approach as against the typical.....

Boy: hi
Girl: hi
Boy: can I meet you?
What do you do for a living?
Where are you based?......

Is the bolded a joke or something How can you call the above the best form of conversation. With the rude and immature replies from the lady? Only men with low self esteem will continue that conversation after the 'k, so what do you want'.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by desharon(f): 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
@op.. very much on point. some guys can be really annoying on chatts that one tends to wonder the specie he is made of. one annoying chatt dat I received yesternight on FB that almost ruin my sleep....
guy: hi... desharon, tnx for accepting me.
me: U ar heartly welcome
guy: Ur profile says dat U graduated frm my sch, wot yr?
me: *no reply..
guy: it also says U ar in lagos, where in lagos?
guy: are U working, if U are working what do U do for a living, I mean what kind of work or job do U do?
me: who are are U?
guy: my name is Ola... a very hardworking guy, Godfearing, honest, goodlooking, single and searching. are U single?
me: U ask too much questions, what exactly did U study in school?
I have to turn off the chatt but he wouldn't stop calling n asking me to come online. eventually, I decided to help his lonely self by going online n the next question was.. what is Ur genotype and Ur blood group?
Imagine!

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by ojnnaco(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Cavet emptor
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by spanzed(m): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
One thing I like about mysef is that I no how to start a convo with a girl except if I don't wanna talk to U...especially does boring girls
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by loomer: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blackeard:
what? so they like being raped??

who on earth loves to be raped?

all they want is a guy that talks shity things and can satisfy them jare

cos them spoil pas orange
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Dizney(m): 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
lol......hmmmm.....i once made the mistake of asking a girl what her best food was and the answer was GARRI
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Thinkr(m): 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
cytochromeC:

Is the bolded a joke or something How can you call the above the best form of conversation. With the rude and immature replies from the lady? Only men with low self esteem will continue that conversation after the 'k, so what do you want'.
as in for real. Na only my sister dey do that "k" thing sometimes wey no dey pain me. Any goddamn random girl na delete straight. That's why I have successfully deleted over 90% of girls on bbm.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nastydroid(m): 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
desharon:
@op.. very much on point. some guys can be really annoying on chatts that one tends to wonder the specie he is made of. one annoying chatt dat I received yesternight on FB that almost ruin my sleep....
guy: hi... desharon, tnx for accepting me.
me: U ar heartly welcome
guy: Ur profile says dat U graduated frm my sch, wot yr?
guy: it also says U ar in lagos, where in lagos?
guy: are U working, if U are working what do U do for a living, I mean what kind of work or job do U do?
me: who are are U?
guy: my name is Ola... a very hardworking guy, Godfearing, honest, goodlooking, single and searching. are U single?
me: U ask too much questions, what exactly did U study in school?
I have to turn off the chatt but he wouldn't stop calling n asking me to come online. eventually, I decided to help his lonely self by going online n the next question was.. what is Ur genotype and Ur blood group?
Imagine!
picture of the convo or...
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by sophtaf(f): 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
iamord:
no ! I doubt! Am good in holding convos ,so I know how to dictate someone's mood! Its not just one, but a lot of them. Seems a lot of them don't have good orientation, and draw up conclusions that this guy is toasting me! They r just immature!
true that!
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thinkr:
as in for real. Na only my sister dey do that "k" thing sometimes wey no dey pain me. Any goddamn random girl na delete straight. That's why I have successfully deleted over 90% of girls on bbm.

That conversation-killing letter irritates me to no end. Very lame. Thankfully,no one on my list uses that phrase because the moment you do, you become a ghost contact. I won't even delete you, I go just put you for ignore mode forever till you delete yourself.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by hyfr(m): 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
Pheals:
Some silly guys we be like "can u pls give me yr number" which kind number ! Was is dah quick? Some1 u jst mit up wit u deserve 2b burnt
Chai
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Treasure2014(f): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
:olike honestly u are on point
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Vixen101(f): 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
vizkiz:

only bit*ches replies with "k" angry

that's a perfect turn off for any dude in his right senses

It's a turn off for any intelligent person. Very annoying.
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by spanzed(m): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thinkr:
There was a time when I was working in a bank. I had this particular girl on my list. She was the "k aii hmm" type. She updated "going off bbm for now sub almost over" so I decided to test her. I asked for her number transfered credit for bis to her and she was happy. Since that day she was always striking interesting chats all just cos of 1k recharge. In my mind I was like "Olori bururku lelei sha" as expected, the moral dies with time. Hoes everywhere grin
Olori buruku ni iru won.....Ashawo jatijati but u fukup u for Enter the girl she can't collect free card you suppose Tesojue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Why Do Most Handsome Guys Beg? / My Valentine's Gifts For My Girlfriend Are Finally Here. Come And See / Man Dances With Lady Who Snubbed Him 35 Years Ago In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.