Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This (90434 Views)

Don't Expect Him To Take You To Alter, If You Are Doing This. / No Love At First Sight, We Fell In Love At First Chat / When You Can't Find Any Girl To Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Fraih(f): 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
Op, u av said it all

And the idea of guys saying 'I realy miss you today' to a lady u met just 2days ago isn't fresh at all....it sounds out of it

Another thing guys don't understand is dat we ladies want SPACE, wah I mean is guys wanting to chat at d slightest opportunity, even wen u just met, personally its a turn off
@6:20 a.m, u'l see 'goodmorning dear, how was ur night',
9::00a.m, u'l see 'how's ur day going,what's for breakfast' ,
by 4:00pm, u'l see 'how did ur day go'
I mean why wouldnt such chat be boring cos its looking like d guy wana be evrywhere

We'd all be better if guys understand the idea of space
Big kudos to one of my great guys, wen we first met, we don't even chat evryday and we chat based on d present(I mean wats happening where I am,wat do we wana do wen we stop chatting) and not the usual SUP,HEY,KK,Wat did u eat for dinner....nah
For the record,we met on Nairaland here,God bless you Mark!!
......Dats not his username here, u won't find him wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
HMMMMMMMMM! SERIOUSLY, HOW MUCH FUN CAN A GUY BE ONLINE ODA DAN ASKING JAMB QUESTIONS
yh we ask u ladies questions, but they're not jamb or waec or any external exam question (I mean who does that). We ask u questions that require replies. Not one letter replies. Imagine I once asked a girl who told me she was studying psychology in a university "so psychology huh? What's it about?" Her reply...wait for it...."Its kk". Like wtf? How do u come back from that kinda shiiit? I just replied "oh" and haven't spoken to her since 2013.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
Fraih:
Op, u av said it all

And the idea of guys saying 'I realy miss you today' to a lady u met just 2days ago isn't fresh at all....it sounds out of it

Another thing guys don't understand is dat we ladies want SPACE, wah I mean is guys wanting to chat at d slightest opportunity, even wen u just met, personally its a turn off
@6:20 a.m, u'l see 'goodmorning dear, how was ur night',
9::00a.m, u'l see 'how's ur day going,what's for breakfast' ,
by 4:00pm, u'l see 'how did ur day go'
I mean why wouldnt such chat be boring cos its looking like d guy wana be evrywhere

We'd all be better if guys understand the idea of space
Big kudos to one of my great guys, wen we first met, we don't even chat evryday and we chat based on d present(I mean wats happening where I am,wat do we wana do wen we stop chatting) and not the usual SUP,HEY,KK,Wat did u eat for dinner....nah
For the record,we met on Nairaland here,God bless you Mark!!
......Dats not his username here, u won't find him wink
r u guys dating now?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Fraih(f): 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blackeard:
r u guys dating now?

What do u wana hear?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
Fraih:

What do u wana hear?
yes/no
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Fraih(f): 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blackeard:
yes/no

No
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
Fraih:

No
aii. Not so happy ending tho...

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
In a nutshell, 93% of Nigerian ladies are boring whenever it comes to social media shii.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Etinosajay(m): 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
I have to disagree with you completely on most of what you've opined.

The only thing a girl wants to know or hear when you chat her up for the first time is how did you get my number or PIN, what do you want? (even when they know what you want, abi no be them put their number or PIN follow all social site?) Show me your pic (are you handsome than Ramsey nouah? Or more like can I flaunt u @ my friends or other toasters), are you working? (more like can u be my ATM, if possible)

In a nut shell, most girls are confused beings

They only talk when they are in the mood to

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Melahou(m): 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
Different stroke for different folks...
Not applicable to all Infact 35% correct
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by kenex4ever(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Kennywills7:
on point
Asking a girl wot she does on a first chat is a terrible way to start up a chat
Girls are guilty of dis too
if u r wizkid or davido, u can start d first chat wit "r u a virgin" and she will still want u
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by kaboninc(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:

Hey Flexy. How are you?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Godgozie(m): 9:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
undecided
dorlapoh20:
you are very correct @op. Some guys can be very boring
lolzzzz @the last illustration
Aren't you Boring undecided undecided
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Fraih(f): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blackeard:
aii. Not so happy ending tho...

....You don't know
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by EmmGee: 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by EmmGee: 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
thanks Mzflexydeeva really helpful
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by hadura29(m): 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
vizkiz:

only bit*ches replies with "k" angry

that's a perfect turn off for any dude in his right senses

girls don't even type complete words anymore when they chat... I dey wonder, is it too much nollywood or them no sabi spell again ni.............God abeg oooooo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by 1stola: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Over the years I have heard this a lot and I have tried to understand the situation. The truth is, no lady likes a stereotype guy.

It is so common to find guys getting the monosyllabic response over instant messages because they always say the wrong things.
Before you attack to bite let me finish.

It is no longer news that we meet more people online today than we meet in person. A Lot of guys call it "forming" for others it's just "annoying attitude by ladies" but I say, know what to say and you can get the best out of a conversation.

How would you expect a lady you are chatting with to take you serious when the 1st time u chat her up all you can say is:

1. Who is dis That's a no no......
I know you'll say a lot of ladies do that but it's a no no for a guy for Christ sake she isn't going to wanna listen to you. If she's not giving out her name, don't take it the hard way. Some ladies prefer to be anonymous till they feel comfortable so just give it time.

2. Don't start up a conversation by asking " what do you do".
For heaven's sake, you wanna make friends not a business partner.

3. You only just met her online and you are already asking what are parents do for a living undecided haba now......

4. If you want her to totally loose interest please ask what her best food is or her hubby.... menh that's so 19th century.

5. If you are interested in her beyond friendship please never ask " what kindda guys she likes"
That's a signal for "complex"

There are lots of reasons ladies pay little or no attention to a guy the first time they chat but for the sake of a healthy conversation it's better to go with the flow. The first conversation should not always be an interview trust me lots of ladies hate that.

Best form of conversation:
Boy: hey what's up?
Girl: who are you?

Boy: got your number/ pin from......
Girl: k.... what do you want?

Boy: just wanna be friends if you don't mind..
Girl: K

Boy: my name is...... how are you doing and how is your day turning out? hope you are not busy and can chat...

No girl will ever turn down such polite approach as against the typical.....

Boy: hi
Girl: hi
Boy: can I meet you?
What do you do for a living?
Where are you based?......

RUBBISH!
SEE ARROGANCE IN GIRL'S REPLY,
THE NONSENSE ALLOWED COZ SHE'S A GIRL RIGHT?
IF ANY BÍTCH REPLY ME LIKE THAT, I WILL JUST TELL HER TO GO TO HELL!!!

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by EmmGee: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
hadura29:

girls don't even type complete words anymore when they chat... I dey wonder, is it too much nollywood or them no sabi spell again ni.............God abeg oooooo..

e.g

yes - y
no - n
okay - k
fine - 5n

and so many more i cant remember
sometimes i wonder whether they cant really spell

NO OFFENSE GIRLS
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by lawrenzo007(m): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
I met a girl on Facebook. she gave me her dad's phone no because she doesn't have a phone so called and her gave her to speak with me. Then started asking if am a student or I work. I told her that I works. The next question was "how much is your salary"....
I was just wondering welther she want me to buy her a phone for our first conversion... All dis Igbo girls sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Rilwayne001: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
tkyl:

Thank you! Oya continue with the lines of the toasting scope grin

some fit no know wetin to talk again, wey go make d babe dey more interested in the conversation.........

LOLS.

I fit teach you, but money must be involved smiley
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
dorlapoh20:
you are very correct @op. Some guys can be very boring
lolzzzz @the last illustration

most ladies especially Nigerian women/ girls are so old fashioned, stiff and don't know how to converse. .
They make it seem like its an interrogation process and the guy is the questionnaire or an F.B.I agent and their duty is to answer questions.
most also have this stuppid immature ideology of playing hard to get(even on internet? and convos?-- that's plain moronic

for example:
guy: hey
girl: hi
guy: how are you doing today?
girl:- Fine
guy: so did anything interesting happen?
girl: nothing..just normal

what do you want the guy to do?

most girls do this..aren't you suppose to be polite and ask how the dude is doing or how his day is going also.
Girls need to learn the Etiquettes in Chatting
..as for me I just delete the girl immediately if I find her boring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Kennywills7(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
kenex4ever:
if u r wizkid or davido, u can start d first chat wit "r u a virgin" and she will still want u
Hehehehe bros u bad oo
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by najoke: 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
ol boy thank God i am now married, i don think I can go through all these dos and donts again!!!.......i just walked up to this fine babe(now wifey) and I said BABE!!!,I LOFF U, TALK YA OWN............I ended up getting a slap but because I was DETERMINED and UNPERTURBED cool...........the rest you know grin
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Abelsconcept(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
Alright!
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by wheezyoung(m): 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
pweetixandy:
Ur right.
hey... You've got pretty eyes.. Love em
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by 4nez(f): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
Really don't like the K phrase

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
Fraih:

....You don't know
hmmm
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by wheezyoung(m): 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
iamord:
no ! I doubt! Am good in holding convos ,so I know how to dictate someone's mood! Its not just one, but a lot of them. Seems a lot of them don't have good orientation, and draw up conclusions that this guy is toasting me! They r just immature!
bro you're on point...most think you want to toast them

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Blackeard(m): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
lawrenzo007:
I met a girl on Facebook. she gave me her dad's phone no because she doesn't have a phone so called and her gave her to speak with me. Then started asking if am a student or I work. I told her that I works. The next question was "how much is your salary"....
I was just wondering welther she want me to buy her a phone for our first conversion... All dis Igbo girls sha
lol how old was she?
Re: Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This by Preshochyx(m): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Over the years I have heard this a lot and I have tried to understand the situation. The truth is, no lady likes a stereotype guy.

It is so common to find guys getting the monosyllabic response over instant messages because they always say the wrong things.
Before you attack to bite let me finish.

It is no longer news that we meet more people online today than we meet in person. A Lot of guys call it "forming" for others it's just "annoying attitude by ladies" but I say, know what to say and you can get the best out of a conversation.

How would you expect a lady you are chatting with to take you serious when the 1st time u chat her up all you can say is:

1. Who is dis That's a no no......
I know you'll say a lot of ladies do that but it's a no no for a guy for Christ sake she isn't going to wanna listen to you. If she's not giving out her name, don't take it the hard way. Some ladies prefer to be anonymous till they feel comfortable so just give it time.

2. Don't start up a conversation by asking " what do you do".
For heaven's sake, you wanna make friends not a business partner.

3. You only just met her online and you are already asking what are parents do for a living undecided haba now......

4. If you want her to totally loose interest please ask what her best food is or her hubby.... menh that's so 19th century.

5. If you are interested in her beyond friendship please never ask " what kindda guys she likes"
That's a signal for "complex"

There are lots of reasons ladies pay little or no attention to a guy the first time they chat but for the sake of a healthy conversation it's better to go with the flow. The first conversation should not always be an interview trust me lots of ladies hate that.

Best form of conversation:
Boy: hey what's up?
Girl: who are you?

Boy: got your number/ pin from......
Girl: k.... what do you want?

Boy: just wanna be friends if you don't mind..
Girl: K

Boy: my name is...... how are you doing and how is your day turning out? hope you are not busy and can chat...

No girl will ever turn down such polite approach as against the typical.....

Boy: hi
Girl: hi
Boy: can I meet you?
What do you do for a living?
Where are you based?......

Dat's if yu even get a reply..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I'm 32years Old, Look Very Thin And Small And Only Weigh 35kg . / My Valentine's Gifts For My Girlfriend Are Finally Here. Come And See / Lady Causes Stir With Her Huge Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.