Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband (52170 Views)

Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Newly-Wedded Lady Dies Hours After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos / Pastor Seeks Dissolution Of 32-year Marriage Over Constant Beating By Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
aisha2:

Wow, I feel so sad for her family
People can be deceptive. I saw their pictures they looked so happy. She made efforts and edwife was right she was unlucky and fell into the wrong hands. I apologise for blaming the victim. My condolences to the family and may he face justice

Am telling you... You need to see the both of them on their wedding day, the show of love was just like scenes you see in Hollywood. How the dude turned into a monster is beyond me...

He has been arrested already and will surely face the wrath of the law. But nothing can bring back the dead.

Ladies please walk away without warning once you notice signs of violence in your relationship. She threatened to walk into the police station and report him, and that fetched her more beating and he locked her up for months without access to her phones. He barely gave her food and she didn't take her bath for a long time.

It is a pathetic story
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by edwife(f): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
aisha2:

Wow, I feel so sad for her family
People can be deceptive. I saw their pictures they looked so happy. She made efforts and edwife was right she was unlucky and fell into the wrong hands. I apologise for blaming the victim. My condolences to the family and may he face justice

Thank you Aisha,you know why on this forum i try not to go fast in making a comment or jumping to a conclusion.I have seen a lot aisha,i have been out of the country at a very young age and lived in 5 different countries.

Just there in Nigeria(Abuja) precisely,i met a congolese lady at the embassy-i speak french fluently and so i overheard her talking on the phone and crying,i later learnt that she has been living in the north for 5 years and was maltreated,battered by her husband and his wife.This is a man she met in congo and married for 4 years,they had two kids.they decided to move to nigeria as the husband was doing very well,but when they arrive nigeria,he changed and married another lady.She did not speak english well,neither did she know anyone or anywhere.She tried escape thrice yet the hubby found her and will lock her.she did had two more kids but lost one.When i saw her,she had two kids with her,she said it took her 2 years to perfect her plans.The embassy was helping her to go back to Congo,i felt so bad that i was with hubby and i asked him to give money,we went to change it in Dollars and gave her.

It is complicated for some people,especially when you live very far away from the country,i wouldn't bothered if she was in Nigeria....

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
edwife:

Thank you Aisha,you know why on this forum i try not to go fast in making a comment or jumping to a conclusion.I have seen a lot aisha,i have been out of the country at a very young age and lived in 5 different countries.

Just there in Nigeria(Abuja) precisely,i met a congolese lady at the embassy-i speak french fluently and so i overheard her talking on the phone and crying,i later learnt that she has been living in the north for 5 years and was maltreated,battered by her husband and his wife.This is a man she met in congo and married for 4 years,they had two kids.they decided to move to nigeria as the husband was doing very well,but when they arrive nigeria,he changed and married another lady.She did not speak english well,neither did she know anyone or anywhere.She tried escape thrice yet the hubby found her and will lock her.she did had two more kids but lost one.When i saw her,she had two kids with her,she said it took her 2 years to perfect her plans.

It is complicated for some people,especially when you live very far away from the country,i wouldn't bothered if she wa in Nigeria....

Hmmmmmm thank you for this. You know we can talk only from our experience. I have limited experience with international cases of abuse. Most of my cases are here and what annoys me is the women prefer to be helpless and complain endlessly. You will struggle and try to get them out they will abandon you half way then out of the blues months later they call you from the hospital and start lamenting again very depressing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by cococandy(f): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
M4gunners:
Malaysia is just killing our people nawa days oh.Shey dis carry drugs again? Dem say our boys dey sale drug ok.The one dem marry as a wife just got killed a year after she marries dem.

Brother na your fellow Nigerian do this one oh... Nor blame Malay oh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
Frankiss44:

Am telling you... You need to see the both of them on their wedding day, the show of love was just like scenes you see in Hollywood. How the dude turned into a monster is beyond me...

He has been arrested already and will surely face the wrath of the law. But nothing can bring back the dead.

Ladies please walk away without warning once you notice signs of violence in your relationship. She threatened to walk into the police station and report him, and that fetched her more beating and he locked her up for months without access to her phones. He barely gave her food and she didn't take her bath for a long time.

It is a pathetic story

I saw the pictures, she was so pretty. I also know that it's not always a case of greed, some may even be childhood sweethearts who travelled abroad to go and search greener pastures due to distance the other wont know what the spouse is actually doing there till they get there. Very very sad. God comfort her mom. Thank you for a more comprehensive story, poster who posted this in blogs is not a good friend, she didn't even speak to the family find out the full.story before rushing on line to make the late friend seem silly. She left out the part about siezing her passport and made it seem as if shame was what stopped her from returning

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
gabylzy:
ts sad tho...buh why marry a yahol guy in d 1st place

As if a boy will introduce himself to you as a yahoo guy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Egbagirl(f): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
bukatyne:

Victims?

Somebody married yahoo yahoo and we say victim?

Sorry sis I am not one to say ehya... RIP in such cases.

Are we certain that she knew the guy was a yahoo boy before she married him? We don't have details surrounding the marriage, family pressures etc.

I understand what you're saying. It's like walking into a pit with your eyes open. But my point is we don't know the full story and it's easy to come to conclusions or judge based on the little others are saying.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
Poor gal. RIP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by emvuatt: 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
here the Yahoo guy she was my very good friend

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by okotv(m): 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
another love story gone sour.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Setaje(f): 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ilekeh:
Please stop the BS about stigma from divorce.

There's a reason why busybodies on NL claim Yorubas have high divorce rate. The stigma is not an issue for us. Make iyalodes (busybody) talk their own, I go talk my own.

If I tell my mother that my husband is abusing me, na she go buy my ticket and order me to come back home.

Stigma my azz. Divorce or DIE-vorce. Pick one.

I love being Yoruba grin

As in u should see d way my mum hammers it in my ear everyday. The Yoruba culture is just so flexible and westernised. It has its good and bad sides but the good side outweighs the bad side as far as I am concerned. They don't discriminate against single mothers, they don't discriminate against widows, there is no bastard. Everybody is welcome. At any age u can get a man or woman to marry or a companion.

Another thing is just pray your family is ok or well to do. That is why they advise people to cut their coat according to their size. When a man is far far richer than the woman and even takes Care of the womans family, omo na there she go die put because the girls family have lost their pride already .ot to talk of the huge bride price, that's why u see many of these girls dying silently.

There are just so many dimensions to stories like this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
bukatyne:
And What are we supposed to do?

She made her bed and has lain on it.

At least, she died a Mrs.

Next
bad girl.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by cococandy(f): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
Dinachi and co,pls come and tell us how she deserved it and how she provoked the perfect gentleman who's her husband to anger.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Toks2008(m): 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
I'm sorry to write this on a social media but please permit me to because i can't imagine how a man will beat his wife to death and latter blame it on the devil.

If you are a man and have been doing this please i beg you in GOD's name.go and show your skills outside and the next bus-stop to your house will be just fine as you are sure to see at least one of the agberos who will be more than willing to engage you.

But if you refuse to stop this barbaric act then THUNDER FIRE YOU AND THAT YOUR HAND WILL GO LIMP WHEN NEXT YOU TRY IT IN JESUS NAME!

mumu men fighting and beating up ladies who are known to be weaker vessels.

And for the ladies please i beg you,know when to just keep mum and i always say to men that beating up your wife is part of marital infidelity.

If your boyfriend beats you then he will kill you if you get married to him. If your hubby does it the first time just assume its a mistake and forgive but if he does it the second time abeg leave him to your parents house and also report him to the police.

If he comes begging with undertaken with the police that he will never raise his hand against you again then give him another chance but please RESPECT YOUR HUSBAND AND DON'T EVER EVER CURSE HIM.

I will say REST IN PEACE TO THIS LOVELY LADY who was beaten to death by the man who promised to love her for ever.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by cococandy(f): 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
MissMeiya:
Anyone who is wondering about the tone this thread has taken, should please read this one:
https://www.nairaland.com/2096586/husband-monster/

You will be equally disgusted by the hypocrisy of our people.

Here's one quote:
exactly
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by sukkot: 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
dayummmmm that crazy nigga sent her back to the spirit world shocked grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Toks2008(m): 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Frankiss44:

It is a pathetic story

GUARD YOUR MARRIAGE

When i look at the way marriages crash and the sad stories of bizarre happenings in marriages i tend to think deep and wonder.

There are some marital conflicts that look so ordinary and usually explainable yet could be as a result of spell from people within or outside the family especially marriages of African descend.

Trust me, i have heard of strange things leading to marital break-up.

-Marriages destroyed because of argument over N20 toothpaste.

-Man beats his wife to death over very flimsy issue

-A lady after 5years of marriage suddenly starts saying she will walk away at a certain age to start all over without any logical reason after spending 11years with a man and eventually left.

-A man suddenly leaves a wife and children and starts a life with a new lady without any logical reason.

-A man or woman who have been so decent and GODly suddenly starts misbehaving.

I can continue to highlight very absurd happenings in marriages and this has made me conclude that we need to guard our marriages with diligence.

When some crazy things start happening,its not the time to start nagging because that will even make matters worse but it is the time to go on your kneels and call on the creator of that institution to make amends.

We need to pray relentlessly against the devil's hand in our marriage because marriage is not physical but very spiritual and we must treat it as such making sure we always allow the spirit of GOD to take control.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Toks2008:

GUARD YOUR MARRIAGE

When i look at the way marriages crash and the sad stories of bizarre happenings in marriages i tend to think deep and wonder.

There are some marital conflicts that look so ordinary and usually explainable yet could be as a result of spell from people within or outside the family especially marriages of African descend.

Trust me, i have heard of strange things leading to marital break-up.

-Marriages destroyed because of argument over N20 toothpaste.

-Man beats his wife to death over very flimsy issue

-A lady after 5years of marriage suddenly starts saying she will walk away at a certain age to start all over without any logical reason after spending 11years with a man and eventually left.

-A man suddenly leaves a wife and children and starts a life with a new lady without any logical reason.

-A man or woman who have been so decent and GODly suddenly starts misbehaving.

I can continue to highlight very absurd happenings in marriages and this has made me conclude that we need to guard our marriages with diligence.

When some crazy things start happening,its not the time to start nagging because that will even make matters worse but it is the time to go on your kneels and call on the creator of that institution to make amends.

We need to pray relentlessly against the devil's hand in our marriage because marriage is not physical but very spiritual and we must treat it as such making sure we always allow the spirit of GOD to take control.

Well said boss..... We learn everyday

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
ROZZAYY:
Chilling! Am scared, such a beauty. Nawa!may amadioha fire d eediot yahoo goat!
Softysparky am fine bae, dem don lock d thread b4 I see d mention.
Okay dear, I saw you viewing so decided to say hi.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by guysmat(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
Because she's not your sister or related to you, some people just come online to vomit thrash. Pray none of your female relations fall victim to such. Put your sister, cousin, aunt, niece or even your mother in this girl's shoes and tell me if you'd still feel the same. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by LORETA: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
@Frankiss44.........why wont you know that he is ayahoo boy..then when i do visit my friend in her house,the husbands sits in the dining table all day ,he dosent go to work always on his laptop,with my friend cooking and doing other shore...please they all know ,just that i still don understand why they think they will get the best out of such kind of persons, that all he thinks about is duping persons

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
Egbagirl:

Are we certain that she knew the guy was a yahoo boy before she married him? We don't have details surrounding the marriage, family pressures etc.

I understand what you're saying. It's like walking into a pit with your eyes open. But my point is we don't know the full story and it's easy to come to conclusions or judge based on the little others are saying.

OK, I get your point
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
LORETA:
@Frankiss44.........why wont you know that he is ayahoo boy..then when i do visit my friend in her house,the husbands sits in the dining table all day ,he dosent go to work always on his laptop,with my friend cooking and doing other shore...please they all know ,just that i still don understand why they think they will get the best out of such kind of persons, that all he thinks about is duping persons

Yours is easy because your friend and her hubby are based in Nigeria. It's more difficult to tell if the other party is based overseas. The relationship in question was a long distance relationship till it ended in marriage and I believe the dude will never introduce himself as a yahoo boy.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by chronique(m): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
Such a pretty girl;so sad. But some of us(men) are just something else. When some of us(people like me) are looking for good beautiful and pretty ladies to marry and settle down with,those who have them are busy turning them into punching bags,and murdering them;so so sad. I have never for once slapped a lady I'm dating,let alone beat her. No matter how annoying a lady would be,I can't think of beating her cos I might nearly kill her if I do. I'd rather leave the house for her than hit her. If you want to discipline a lady according to the way her mouth runs,you'd end up killing her. There other ways of punishing her,than beating her. No matter what it is,I'd never support domestic violence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by LORETA: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
BUT GUYS LETS BE TRUTHFUL , AM A GUY, YOU ARE GUYS, DOES A GUY WHO WASNT IN THE HABIT OF BEATING A WOMAN ALL HIS LIFE ,ALL OF A SUDDEN START BEATING HIS WIFE?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by LORETA: 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
I believe the trait is always there ,but this gals will just overlook at and say he will change..it is annoying all because their mate is getting married so they want to be married as quick as possible. ......MOST nigerian gasl will choose a wife beater who is ready for marriage NOW ,than wait for a responsible guy who say pls lets wait a while.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bellong: 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
Frankiss44:

People change my dear, an angel today might end up a beast 2moro...

You don't marry someone with the hope that s/he may change for good. One of the mistakes singles make.

Seeing an abuser yet you insist on marrying him/her because Robber Kayode Williams may become an Evangelist tomorrow, my brother, it is a great gamble. Well, change is the constant in life. An example is the victim's husband who changed from an abuser to a murderer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by oc2fish: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
I refused to believe that the guy suddenly changed from a loving husband to a beater; why in Malaysia we have girls but no wife, hr is bold and decent enough to bring wife so I doubt the story of the loving guy beating the wife. The guy might fall out of luck in making money and the girl either increase nagging or threatening to become a 'RUNS GIRL'

Folks living in a foreign land like Malaysia put a lot of pressure on boys to pay bills 45 -60k per month feeding for two 100k per month. With regular taxi fare of 2 to 7k pet trip.

Not forgetting 600k and above required to renew stay if person is not an M.Sc or PhD student. All this put a lot of pressure on guys which can make them to become unnecessarily aggressive.

Rip to the dead.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by LORETA: 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
@bullong......you see
People change my dear, an angel today might end up a beast 2moro...i know people change but you see what i said, how can you risk your future believing he will change when u have a choice

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by MarieSucre(f): 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
I can't help but chuckle when some people advise girls to stay away from wealthy men as if being wealthy is synonymous with wife beating.
I once had a neighbour who was as poor as dirt, had more than half a dozen children. I mean he was so poor that his children would stay away from school for months at stretch.His eldest child only got transport fare(incomplete one at that) from him to go for higher education and the younger children would go to play in any neighbours house; a guise to get lunch. Yet he was the best of wife beaters. He loved the hobby so much that he extended it to the period of one of his wife's pregnancy. lucky she didn't lose the baby. A good man will be a good husband no matter how many zeros are attached to his salary.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
oc2fish:
I refused to believe that the guy suddenly changed from a loving husband to a beater; why in Malaysia we have girls but no wife, hr is bold and decent enough to bring wife so I doubt the story of the loving guy beating the wife. The guy might fall out of luck in making money and the girl either increase nagging or threatening to become a 'RUNS GIRL'

Right. So the best thing to do is to beat her to death.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Wife's Birthday Wish List To Husband After He Asked For What She Wants / My 4-Year-Old Daughter Keeps Telling Mysterious Stories About Her Past Life / FG Reduces Fees For Statutory Marriage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.