Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband (52172 Views)

Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Newly-Wedded Lady Dies Hours After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos / Pastor Seeks Dissolution Of 32-year Marriage Over Constant Beating By Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Truckpusher(m): 2:07am On Jan 19, 2015
Setaje:

As in u should see d way my mum hammers it in my ear everyday. The Yoruba culture is just so flexible and westernised. It has its good and bad sides but the good side outweighs the bad side as far as I am concerned. They don't discriminate against single mothers, they don't discriminate against widows, there is no bastard. Everybody is welcome. At any age u can get a man or woman to marry or a companion.

Another thing is just pray your family is ok or well to do. That is why they advise people to cut their coat according to their size. When a man is far far richer than the woman and even takes Care of the womans family, omo na there she go die put because the girls family have lost their pride already .ot to talk of the huge bride price, that's why u see many of these girls dying silently.

There are just so many dimensions to stories like this.
It is a sad situation my dear.But who in his right frame of mind will enslave a woman you truly love because you're helping her family?.....These are just bad people acting out their own script .
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by RaeMystix: 2:57am On Jan 19, 2015
AdimGreat:
Women! Women!! Women!!!
When are we going to learn?? Marriage is not a do or die affair. Money is not everything. And to think she had an opportunity to save her life and come back home. What kind of shame will she face that is worth her life now?

It's just too pathetic. May her soul RIP.
Thank you oh!....The fact that she was even a college graduate, makes me mad.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by adabeke12(f): 3:25am On Jan 19, 2015
aisha2:
Death seems better than shame in many Nigerian marriages. I hope families and people suffering abusive relationships will learn but they never do

Why should people shame other people expecially if they were not there when it happened?
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by adabeke12(f): 3:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Is it only physical abuse that people should run away from? What about emotional abuse, sexual abuse etc.
Everyone is not meant to be married.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 6:14am On Jan 19, 2015
bellong:

Well, I understand you. However, if one pays detailed attention to what matters, a wolf can't hide for too long in a sheep clothing.

Not saying some can't be unlucky but there is always a way out before it leads to death.

I do not have all the details about this case but I know, she could have avoided an untimely death.

Yeah... Well said. But I can assure you that the Ese I know won't have tolerated an abusive relationship, she was just unlucky to be in a strange land and probably nobody to run to and she spoilt her chance of walking away from the relationship save and sound when she threatened to report the battery case to the police.
From that day she didn't get luxury of seeing her sitting room not to talk of sunlight as the dude locked her up for months... It took a distress call from a neighbor to the police who claims to be hearing screams at odd hours for her to be rescued..

But then it was already too late.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Setaje(f): 8:23am On Jan 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
It is a sad situation my dear.But who in his right frame of mind will enslave a woman you truly love because you're helping her family?.....These are just bad people acting out their own script .

Truckpusher that's the issue. Who truly and genuinely loves anybody this days. Love is like a social exchange theory. Its give and take. Even me wey dey talk. If today I bring one riff raft home, I no what my dad would do. Nobody wants to suffer. Everybody is gambling when it comes to choosijg a spouse. However it is for this lady, it's just easy for us to abuse her and insult her for marrying that guy. The pressure is just damn to much for us. Its getting worse everyday. Unfortunately a lot of people would still be killed making the wrong choices.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Truckpusher(m): 8:43am On Jan 19, 2015
Setaje:

Truckpusher that's the issue. Who truly and genuinely loves anybody this days. Love is like a social exchange theory. Its give and take. Even me wey dey talk. If today I bring one riff raft home, I no what my dad would do. Nobody wants to suffer. Everybody is gambling when it comes to choosijg a spouse. However it is for this lady, it's just easy for us to abuse her and insult her for marrying that guy. The pressure is just damn to much for us. Its getting worse everyday. Unfortunately a lot of people would still be killed making the wrong choices.
That's the problem with you ladies.What guarantee do you have that the same guy that seem to have it all won't dive the dirt at some point if his resources are not properly managed or business simply went bad for a long time ?
Learn how to be contented with what you have and live within that limit while working towards a better future .
You don't allow your parents to push you into making a choice just to see them happy ,it is your life and your parents won't be there to witness the horrors that you'll witness if your Prince in shinning armour turns out to be a jerk.

I understand how some parents indirectly pressure their daughters to bring home rich suitors but the truth is if you stand your ground they'll have no choice than to let you be.Sometimes you need to show your parents the other side of you they never knew it existed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
No single empathy even for the dead?.....smh.

Dearie,

Don't let it drop.

I'll save my empathy for her parents and family.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Setaje(f): 8:52am On Jan 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
That's the problem with you ladies.What guarantee do you have that the same guy that seem to have it all won't dive the dirt at some point if his resources are not properly managed or business simply went bad for a long time ?
Learn how to be contented with what you have and live within that limit while working towards a better future .
You don't allow your parents to push you into making a choice just to see them happy ,it is your life and your parents won't be there to witness the horrors that you'll witness if your Prince in shinning armour turns out to be a jerk.

I understand how some parents indirectly pressure their daughters to bring home rich suitors but the truth is if you stand your ground they'll have no choice than to let you be.Sometimes you need to show your parents the other side of you they never knew it existed.

That's the issue right there. There are countless women who have suffered wiv men yet when the man begins to have money the story will change. Is that not a gamble?. Apart from women's greed how about mens sudden change once they arrive. In fact that to me is the most painful thing and yes I have been there I don't want to go down that lane. Suffer wiv some guy then he will smell small money and start telling u how he has always preffered a light skinned girl. That's d money talking. Please nobody should blame anybody when it comes to relationship. Which parents want their children to suffer. Everything is a gamble. We win some, we loose some.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 19, 2015
Frankiss44:

Yeah... Well said. But I can assure you that the Ese I know won't have tolerated an abusive relationship, she was just unlucky to be in a strange land and probably nobody to run to and she spoilt her chance of walking away from the relationship save and sound when she threatened to report the battery case to the police.
From that day she didn't get luxury of seeing her sitting room not to talk of sunlight as the dude locked her up for months... It took a distress call from a neighbor to the police who claims to be hearing screams at odd hours for her to be rescued..

Did you read this?

bukatyne:

Dearie,

Don't let it drop.

Sometimes it's okay to admit the initial post was wrong and someone close is saying the real story. No one knows it all, no one is perfect, she didn't sit and do nothing, she tried to leave and the mistake she made was telling him she would go to the police, do you imagine for a second the trauma she passed through in the last days?

Then the Malaysian authorities are idiots, why not stabilise her first? Why bundle and send her to die in that state? Please lets be human abeg, no one and no situation is perfect. from the initial story I blamed her but her family friend came and gave the true story and I have better knowledge and apologised. She didn't cause it, she didn't tolerate it, the idiot fake friend who posted this caused the misinformation by wrongly stating thay she refused to leave because of shame which was a lie.

Put yourself in her shoes, what would you have done? You probably married your child hood love who travelled for greener pastures, he came back for you unlike others who dump their babes, you had a beautiful wedding, you get abroad and find out he isn't what he said he is, in naivety you threatened him with police, he locks you up siezes all your property you are in prison, he locks you in and beat you a neighbor calls police a little too late, the authorities instead of treating you bundled you back in that bad state. Haba my sister,.it could be any of us, we don't make perfect decisions all the time, she went through enough hell in her last moments she was brave but unlucky, dragging her even in death because one stupid uninformed friend tweeted a story she knew little about is not right. Thank you Frank for standing by her bless you

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2015
aisha2:

Did you read this?

Sometimes it's okay to admit the initial post was wrong and someone close is saying the real story. No one knows it all, no one is perfect, she didn't sit and do nothing, she tried to leave and the mistake she made was telling him she would go to the police, do you imagine for a second the trauma she passed through in the last days?

Then the Malaysian authorities are idiots, why not stabilise her first? Why bundle and send her to die in that state? Please lets be human abeg, no one and no situation is perfect. from the initial story I blamed her but her family friend came and gave the true story and I have better knowledge and apologised. She didn't cause it, she didn't tolerate it, the idiot fake friend who posted this caused the misinformation by wrongly stating thay she refused to leave because of shame which was a lie.

Put yourself in her shoes, what would you have done? You probably married your child hood love who travelled for greener pastures, he came back for you unlike others who dump their babes, you had a beautiful wedding, you get abroad and find out he isn't what he said he is, in naivety you threatened him with police, he locks you up siezes all your property you are in prison, he locks you in and beat you a neighbor calls police a little too late, the authorities instead of treating you bundled you back in that bad state. Haba my sister,.it could be any of us, we don't make perfect decisions all the time, she went through enough hell in her last moments she was brave but unlucky, dragging her even in death because one stupid uninformed friend tweeted a story she knew little about is not right. Thank you Frank for standing by her bless you

You are welcome dear.I try not to blame people who just jumped to conclusion with little facts because most of us are guilty of it. If i didnt have first class information from the deceased family, i would probably be blaming her too. Because for real, most girls hold on too long to a cursed marriage but this case was different, Ese wouldnt .The friend that tweeted this might not even be a friend, just someone that probably knows Ese and heard some half baked stories. I just felt i had to clear the air.

And this should be a huge lesson to girls in the same situation of battery. You dont have to threaten your beast of a husband or let him have the slightest idea of your intention. Just walk out quietly when it is safe to do so because if Ese was not naive, she would have been alive today

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=Frankiss44 post=29925454][/quote]
You are right, but I probably think like most women she was hoping to jolt him to reality with the threat of going to the police.

I understand how you feel believe me, some years ago I was in the same situation you are in now, faced defending a loved one from false half baked news peddled.

I will help you pass the truth any forum I go to.
Well done

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bellong: 9:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Frankiss44:

Hmmm... What a wicked world.

The initial write-ups made it looked like she knew what she was getting into. I have not been following the thread per se except your mention.

May her soul rest in peace.. so sad. However, my advice in choosing a partner still stand.

Are you by chance following the aftermath of the story to know how the Malaysian authority is handling this case?

The guy may likely be suffering from number of psychiatric problems because I wonder how a sane man will lock up someone for months without battling an eyelid.

Couples, it is safe to say that you go for periodic psychiatric examination/check up before any of the spouse turns to a voracious lion. I have done mine three weeks ago to keep in shape before to avoid any future story that touch.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2015
bellong:

The initial write-ups made it looked like she knew what she was getting into. I have not been following the thread per se except your mention.

May her soul rest in peace.. so sad. However, my advice in choosing a partner still stand.

Are you by chance following the aftermath of the story to know how the Malaysian authority is handling this case?

The guy may likely be suffering from number of psychiatric problems because I wonder how a sane man will lock up someone for months without battling an eyelid.

Couples, it is safe to say that you go for periodic psychiatric examination/check up before any of the spouse turns to a voracious lion. I have done mine three weeks ago to keep in shape before to avoid any future story that touch.

The guy has been arrested
My brother when it comes to health you know how my people think, its not their portion hence we have young people dying daily of what used to be old people's disease.
Mental health is even worse. I think it wasn't even a mental problem he just didn't want her going home and telling people what she had discovered about him seeing they were well known at home. Just sad, she was unlucky and its unfortunate
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2015
bellong:

Yea... The family is following up, the dude has been arrested and charged to court. The malaysians insisted that he will be persecuted in Malaysia since the offence was commited there. But they are charging him with molestation, battery and kidnapp related offences. But unknowingly to them the victim is dead... so the family is trying to write to them to inform them of the latest development.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Ewuro4: 9:59am On Jan 19, 2015
I doubt the guy is sane... But what do we know. Everything is a curse in Naija. undecided

My sympathies to the dead and her family. What a lovely looking young lady. sad

Battered women : Please don't trumphet your exit plans. Keep it to yourselves. It's hard but please try for your own safety.

By the way.. What's so promising in "Malay" that our boys are rushing there?? undecided Lord help our Land oh.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bellong: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2015
aisha2:

The guy has been arrested
My brother when it comes to health you know how my people think, its not their portion hence we have young people dying daily of what used to be old people's disease.
Mental health is even worse. I think it wasn't even a mental problem he just didn't want her going home and telling people what she had discovered about him seeing they were well known at home. Just sad, she was unlucky and its unfortunate

I hope it will not end in just arresting him. The dude must face the full weight of the law if found to be sane prior to the act.

Sometimes, one can't blame people who refused to go for medical check up. By the time hospitals slam medical fees on a person who doesn't even know how he will get to eat the next meal, such a one will see going to the hospital as the handiwork of the enemy.

If healthcare is affordable and qualitative, the impact of religious houses will be limited to cases requiring only miracles. The country is sick.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Truckpusher(m): 10:03am On Jan 19, 2015
bukatyne:

Dearie,

Don't let it drop.

That was too cold ,did you even hear her own side of the story ?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Ewuro4: 10:06am On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=Frankiss44 post=29911211][/quote]

Damn!! #Goosebumps sad
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bellong: 10:10am On Jan 19, 2015
Frankiss44:

Yea... The family is following up, the dude has been arrested and charged to court. The malaysians insisted that he will be persecuted in Malaysia since the offence was commited there. But they are charging him with molestation, battery and kidnapp related offences. But unknowingly to them the victim is dead... so the family is trying to write to them to inform them of the latest development.

If found guilty for the above offences, how many years will he bag?

I hope the lady is not the daughter of Prof. Hope Eghagha?
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 19, 2015
bellong:

I hope it will not end in just arresting him. The dude must face the full weight of the law if found to be sane prior to the act.

Sometimes, one can't blame people who refused to go for medical check up. By the time hospitals slam medical fees on a person who doesn't even know how he will get to eat the next meal, such a one will see going to the hospital as the handiwork of the enemy.

If healthcare is affordable and qualitative, the impact of religious houses will be limited to cases requiring only miracles. The country is sick.

Bros if we don't spend N20000 or N30000 on check up God forbid you end up looking for millions to travel abroad, which is wiser?

What about the well to do people who will also refuse to get checked up? Its even young upwardly mobile people who have health insurance that refuse to get tested and checked.

Even if you do just basics for N5000 or N10000 how about healthy lifestyle? There is no money yet beer parlours in every corner are never out of business. Ogogoro, agbo and other concoctions make money daily.

We should seek to educate our people rather than feed the bias of no money because God forbid when it gets bad its me and you who will contribute to fly them abroad
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 10:24am On Jan 19, 2015
bellong:

There law is a little lenient. Sources say he could get less than 5 years with a very good lawyer since there is no evidence to prove he locked her for months. But if its a case of battery that leads to death, then the minimum could be 21years but there will still be a need for autopsy to show the deceased died from the battery related injuries but i doubt if the family will wanna pass through such stress.

She isn't the daughter of the Prof because i know her parents very well but the Eghagha is one big family name so i wouldnt know if they are related in any way.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 19, 2015
Frankiss44:

There law is a little lenient. Sources say he could get less than 5 years with a very good lawyer since there is no evidence to prove he locked her for months. But if its a case of battery that leads to death, then the minimum could be 21years but there will still be a need for autopsy to show the deceased died from the battery related injuries but i doubt if the family will wanna pass through such stress.

She isn't the daughter of the Prof because i know her parents very well but the Eghagha is one big family name so i wouldnt know if they are related in any way.

Please they should pass through the stress oh let this beast not be out in 5 years and kill another persons child. Thier daughters future is gone, they should make sure he faces justice
After training her for years one man will end her life abeg they better go through the stress its just an autopsy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bukatyne(f): 10:29am On Jan 19, 2015
aisha2:

Did you read this?

I went to Frank's profile and read All his posts on This case...

From What I read,

It was a long distance relationship where they probably did not meet/know each other at all

The lady threatened the guy she would report to the police when the battery started...

OK, I get your points.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bellong: 10:30am On Jan 19, 2015
aisha2:

Bros if we don't spend N20000 or N30000 on check up God forbid you end up looking for millions to travel abroad, which is wiser?

What about the well to do people who will also refuse to get checked up? Its even young upwardly mobile people who have health insurance that refuse to get tested and checked.

Even if you do just basics for N5000 or N10000 how about healthy lifestyle? There is no money yet beer parlours in every corner are never out of business. Ogogoro, agbo and other concoctions make money daily.

We should seek to educate our people rather than feed the bias of no money because God forbid when it gets bad its me and you who will contribute to fly them abroad
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Actually not making excuse for people but trying to point out why some would refuse to do it.

Frankiss44:

Even if it is not needed for court case, I believe according to medical practice, autopsy should be done for all corpses. This helps in identifying and understanding trends in death. I may be wrong.

I hope the family does the needful for justice sake.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by dollarlander: 10:32am On Jan 19, 2015
Ladies, you better listen to your Pastors when they advice you on who to marry. Don't say because of money or the guy is loaded. The less loaded man today can buy off all the loaded man have tomorrow and throw them into atlantic ocean.

Ladies be warned.
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 10:38am On Jan 19, 2015
bellong:

This was the only pic i have of their colourful marriage

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 10:42am On Jan 19, 2015
bellong:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Actually not making excuse for people but trying to point out why some would refuse to do it.

Even if it is not needed for court case, I believe according to medical practice, autopsy should be done for all corpses. This helps in identifying and understanding trends in death. I may be wrong.

I hope the family does the needful for justice sake.

Maybe you dont live in Nigeria... Who cares about autopsy when the next thing they think of is burial arrangement. To them thats more money to waste.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bukatyne(f): 10:42am On Jan 19, 2015
Frankiss44:

There is something off about the picture

I hope the man gets the justice he deserves
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Frankiss44(m): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2015
bukatyne:

what do you mean off? please explain...
Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 19, 2015
bukatyne:

Off about a man watching his wife dance. Na wa oh

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband by bellong: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2015
Frankiss44:

See how the guy was looking at the lady.

In his mind..."See how she dey dance like say she don win lotto, she go hear am when we reach Malaysia, keep dancing. When we land, na dance go dance you...."

That guy's face sef is "fearsome"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Wife's Birthday Wish List To Husband After He Asked For What She Wants / My 4-Year-Old Daughter Keeps Telling Mysterious Stories About Her Past Life / FG Reduces Fees For Statutory Marriage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.