Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? (26547 Views)

Guys Can You Allow Your Babe To Wear These And Go Out With You? / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / What Attracted You To Your Present Partner / Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Kenneth205(m): 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
Mathematical:
Everybody has a skeleton in his/her cupboard, even mine wore a robe.. why wont I allow him..

Except me grin grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by dodorima147(m): 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
I don't encourage phone cheekin 4rm either party,I won't cheek urs and don't cheek my bt if I catch u dat wil b our end nt mindin if we re marrid or nt
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nuella222(f): 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
We pick each others calls when either of us is not around. He is my husband, I use his phone when I don't hv much airtime, and likewise he uses mine. When we ar free to use each others phone this way, y will I suspect him by going thru his inbox messeges? There's no need stressing myself going thru it when am sure I will find nothing. All I know is that a cheating partner goes to the bathroom with his phone but mine doesn't. grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
papawemba:

Just to protect her loving fragile heart. Stuff in my phone can cause a fourth world war.

Lolzz, I lock my phone too
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
damseyl:
little wonder he own a poultry
Yea grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
Misogynist2014:
So your husband is not mature and reasonable. cheesy
hmmmmm funny enough the bolded is not funny. you need not use that symbol

secondly i don't have a husband but my boyfriend is responsible and mature. U should have asked if he is still doing it before drawing that conclusion

thirdly u really have to work on your comprehension to notice when someone switch from personalizing to generalizing.

Note i understand your cause of confusion but am a lady of little words and typing. at times i tend to skip some explainations.if you had read the thread further before quoting you would have understood better. Don't be too forward to find errors.

my piece!!!
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by pak: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
It's an issue I have had to battle with.......

I grew up in a home where everything was open....phones, books, rooms anything.

My dad even encouraged us going through his books and documents back then cos he was an avid reader and had a vast collection and wanted us to know as much as possible about his past. And we the children were open about everything, nothing to hide!

Fast forward to school, both Sec school and Uni, I only had friends that I could trust to a large degree, infact there was a point when two of my friends had my email address password......

Long story short, it's more of a shock to me that in relationships ppl are scared of their better half checking their phones considering my background.

All my partners have always known the lock pattern of my phones and the password to my computer system (which I even use more than my fone cos of my job)

I remember my gf at some point seeing some things she didn't like on my system and telling me about it but that's part of life, I'm human and don't intend to hide myself from anybody.

There are some negative things I've said about myself that people actually didn't believe I did. So really am human and I embrace both my negative and positive sides. If you don't love me at my worst, then you don't deserve my best.

Got nothing to hide, though I ain't perfect!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Tashaamania(f): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

I catch you tongue
For where kwanu? grin

I just dont have energy for lengthy postss..

Okay, One last shot - I've always wanted to go through his phone.
But then, after sometime, I thought whats the need?
Its his phone, he decides who he wanna chat with.
It didnt stop him from showing his love to me, so, what the heck? cheesy

I also have peeps I entertain and that never stopped me from loving him or giving him the attention he needs.
Its alright to keep friends, friends that might even show love to you, but then it all depends on how far you wanna go with these people..

I know two people dating, girl and guy, the guy reads through the girl's chat and sometimes act like the girl and keeps chatting with the girl's contacts and flowing with them. Most times they laugh about it together. They understand themselves. Not every relationships will understand themselves like this especially when one partner has trust issues from the onset. So, its safer you delete cheesy

I've said enough that will last me for one year, phew!! Thank you cheesy

On a side note tho, Truckpusher baby take kiss
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

You're right.

But don't you think one can love and still cheat?

Btw...Fp things cheesy

cheesy Congrats Bro... LoL!

I fit use your THREAD take SEW suit...walahi, e make sense! smileygrin
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Are you categorically saying that you won't need a man to cater for some of your needs. However subtle?
naijaboiy!!! stop putting words in my mouth tongue

you can interrogate!!
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by shumuel(m): 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

How about checking hers cheesy

Is that a problem? smiley

I check her phone all the time, for the latest downloaded Game cheesy

see my ex was not a Phone freak so even if she was cheating on me 'which i now believe she did' she wouldn't had brought it to her phone, she doesn't give her phone number out easily like that, e tay before even me sef get am.

I remember back then she would always exchange our phones mine would be with her while hers would be with me. She likes my collections of music while i love the games on her phone thanks to her younger brother.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Qmab: 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Keeping constant tab on my boyfriend's phone once saved from a horrible triangular relationship - his ex. So ever since I do it to give me heads up when trouble is looming on the horizon. That way, i can squash it from afar

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Qmab: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
Keeping constant tab on my boyfriend's phone once saved from a horrible triangular relationship - to include his ex. So ever since I do it to give me heads up when trouble is looming on the horizon. That way, i can squash it from afar
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Mathematical(f): 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Kenneth205:

Except me grin grin

Noted
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by highcheecks(f): 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
smileyYes I will allow him,evn answer my calls .lolx
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by chronique(m): 1:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
I can allow my partner check my phones cos I don't hide things or do things that aren't honest. The people I don't reall feel comfortable with leaving my phones with,are my business partners/associates who are already very close to me. I don't want people stealing contacts from my phones.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Truckpusher(m): 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Your own is somehow sef!

You people just met and she already wants to start going through your phone. Definitely you'll have something you do not want her to see.

But how about if the relationship has been on for a while and it's getting serious?
Once it is getting serious then you need to make some changes and ensure that trust is built which will save you a lot of headache.

I don't want to be clinging to my phone anytime she is around. tongue
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Tashaamania(f): 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
Of course I've got things to hide after all we just started and you don't expect me to be holy Moses. grin Just the way I expected her not be so single with this our harsh weather. cheesy

But when I finally made up mind to be transparent she chickened out.

She is the one fooling herself because I was ready to brave the odds,come clean and face the consequences instead of sounding defensive and cranky over phone.

Who was this chic I didnt know about? sad
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by PouhJreal: 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Helo people if a man want to cheat on u he will.........especially some guys dat have dis innocent faces, dey do it very clean thinking u don't knw anytin at all.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by azeeza(f): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yeah! He does that on per seocond billing. Ki ni big deal
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Truckpusher(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tashaamania:

Who was this chic I didnt know about? sad
That was a long time ago cheesy
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by BotherMleeper(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:
Many people have different views about this. While majority are of the opinion that it's better you don't check your partner's phone so you will not get "Heart attack" (Lol) grin. They believe it's better you don't bother yourself about anything as long as your partner is not acting in a suspicious way.

However,,a lesser fraction of people see nothing wrong with it. As a matter of fact they believe it's a good way to earn your partner's trust.

But the question ponders. What is really bad in allowing our partners go through our messages? I feel a healthy relationship should be as transparent as anything. There shouldn't be anything to hide. So once you can't allow your partner check your phone it may mean you have something to hide. It mustn't necessarily be cheating but that is how it always is 97% of the time.

So i'd like to ask. Can you allow your partner go through your phone? Or Can you ask your partner to give you his/her phone to check? If yes,,please give your reasons. If no,,your reasons should also be stated.

Nairalanders,,please let's be sincere in our contributions. I know many of us may want to form/pretend other wise. grin

N:B This applies to both marriage and a normal relationship.

PERFECTLY COMFORTABLE

but she needs to gain access first beyond 3 layers of security: fingerprint scan, backup password, and of course, VAULT.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Chommieblaq(f): 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
I use ma boyfriend phone, either to browse or he shows mi a music video, some tyms he leave it wit mi n collect it later or d next day. Same tin wit mi, I sometyms forget ma fone in his house. Buh I have Neva gone 2ru his inbox, though I have many opportunities to do it, as jus see it dat if I start going 2ru his messages I ll start breaking d trust I have for him, gradually sowing a seed of distrust. though I don't know if he checks mine.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by shevon: 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
I honestly don't know why I can't give my wife (or partner as you put it) my phone to go through, except if I am hiding something wink
Just last week, we were at a meeting and the discussion about if we (the staffers) have friends in the office and how we can build team spirit and business retreat topic was brought up. Because the issue off cost associated with retreat was mentioned, I made inference to a dinner one of our colleagues took us to and the consequent effect and that my wife feels comfortable to pick my official calls as long as she saw that colleague's name who took us out and ALL the men and 80% of the women in the meeting look at me with shock. My oga even told me in the presence of everyone that I was bold to allow my wife near my phone and I am like "What's the big deal?"
As long as I have nothing to hide, she can browse my phone all she wants.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naffysa(f): 1:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:
Many people have different views about this. While majority are of the opinion that it's better you don't check your partner's phone so you will not get "Heart attack" (Lol) grin. They believe it's better you don't bother yourself about anything as long as your partner is not acting in a suspicious way.

However,,a lesser fraction of people see nothing wrong with it. As a matter of fact they believe it's a good way to earn your partner's trust.

But the question ponders. What is really bad in allowing our partners go through our messages? I feel a healthy relationship should be as transparent as anything. There shouldn't be anything to hide. So once you can't allow your partner check your phone it may mean you have something to hide. It mustn't necessarily be cheating but that is how it always is 97% of the time.

So i'd like to ask. Can you allow your partner go through your phone? Or Can you ask your partner to give you his/her phone to check? If yes,,please give your reasons. If no,,your reasons should also be stated.

Nairalanders,,please let's be sincere in our contributions. I know many of us may want to form/pretend other wise. grin

N:B This applies to both marriage and a normal relationship.
yes he can
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Tashaamania(f): 1:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
That was a long time ago cheesy
kiss kiss
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by xlnc2324: 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
If you've got nothing to hide, why not?
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Tashaamania(f): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

hmmmmm funny enough the bolded is not funny. you need not use that symbol

secondly i don't have a husband but my boyfriend is responsible and mature. U should have asked if he is still doing it before drawing that conclusion

thirdly u really have to work on your comprehension to notice when someone switch from personalizing to generalizing.

Note i understand your cause of confusion but am a lady of little words and typing. at times i tend to skip some explainations.if you had read the thread further before quoting you would have understood better. Don't be too forward to find errors.

my piece!!!

What was your old moniker pls? smiley
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tashaamania:

For where kwanu? grin

I just dont have energy for lengthy postss..

Okay, One last shot - I've always wanted to go through his phone.
But then, after sometime, I thought whats the need?
Its his phone, he decides who he wanna chat with.
It didnt stop him from showing his love to me, so, what the heck? cheesy

I also have peeps I entertain and that never stopped me from loving him or giving him the attention he needs.
Its alright to keep friends, friends that might even show love to you, but then it all depends on how far you wanna go with these people..

I know two people dating, girl and guy, the guy reads through the girl's chat and sometimes act like the girl and keeps chatting with the girl's contacts and flowing with them. Most times they laugh about it together. They understand themselves. Not every relationships will understand themselves like this especially when one partner has trust issues from the onset. So, its safer you delete cheesy

I've said enough that will last me for one year, phew!! Thank you cheesy

On a side note tho, Truckpusher baby take kiss
Enough that can last you a year grin

Now you want to sound like mzmycoli..

So by entertaining other people you mean? tongue
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
shevon:
I honestly don't know why I can't give my wife (or partner as you put it) my phone to go through, except if I am hiding... My oga even told me in the presence of everyone that I was bold to allow my wife near my phone and I am like "What's the big deal?"
As long as I have nothing to hide, she can browse my phone all she wants.

Yep yep. You can go thru my stuff- iphone, ipad, purse. In fact i encourage it. It fosters and promotes honesty, trust and commuincation.

Its not to be done out of jealousy or snooping or fishing for something etc....
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Tashaamania:

What was your old moniker pls? smiley
grin hmmm why did you ask?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What I Found When Bought A Second Hand Laptop / 10 Things You Don’t Need For A Biblical Wedding: Reno / Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.