Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? (26508 Views)

Guys Can You Allow Your Babe To Wear These And Go Out With You? / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / What Attracted You To Your Present Partner / Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2015
Dotwillis1:
baba, chicks surrounds me lik say i own a poultry grin ..nd ma main g.f trust me lik craze ..
Chai! grin

See as you look innocent na! Why she no go trust you.

But abeg tidy your packages well o cheesy
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:35am On Jan 26, 2015
Sparksfly:
Why should he?... Nah.
I wouldn't allow him.
Wouldn't give him a reason to distrust me.
So you won't allow him to check just to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yea you're right about that adage.
But if you're married would that rule also apply?
can't really say for now cos ave not decided if am going to marry? grin

Don't ask me why? that's another topic or thread wink
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by alberto2k(m): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Lol,,but how can you be comfortable in a relationship when you know your girl may be hiding something from you?

I mean a serious relationship.
I won't be comfortable bro

But when I suspect any thing

We'll sit and talk. I might not tell her what am thinking but I'll try to persuade her to open up

If she doesn't after a long talk then I'll tell her what's on my mind, then maybe she'll spit the truth from being confused, upset or whatever sef

I just believe say she go even if na person she Kill
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by damseyl(f): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2015
AyokunleRuth:
i can allow my partner to check my phone cos i have nothing to hide.
But i don't really like checking his phone maybe it's because i think it's invasion of privacy.

same as me
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 26, 2015
Yes. If there is nothing to hide...

No. If there is something to keep her from worrying. You no ladies na cheesy
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:39am On Jan 26, 2015
Mathematical:

Stop twisting it up.. embarassed ..it all start when you both are having trust issue..me and him..we dont..he's human same as i,and were bound to have baggages ..The bottom line is, if you don't trust your partner, that's a problem. It's natural to be curious-who isn't?-but taking that curiosity beyond the bounds of what your partner would be comfortable with crosses a line that could be dangerous for your relationship, not to mention your mental health.
Sorry for twisting it up.

Yea it's mostly when there are trust issues.
But sometimes it just happens out of curiosity.

So would you say it's right or wrong if your man should still ask for your phone. Will you be offended by it?
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Deejavuu(f): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2015
Team no snooping...

Checking on ur partners phone most times calls for unnecessary suspicions,thereby giving urself unneccesary heartache...

A man or woman that really wanna hide something from u will hide it wella...

#myopinion..

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:41am On Jan 26, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

can't really say for now cos ave not decided if am going to marry? grin

Don't ask me why? that's another topic or thread wink
Hehehe! See yourself cheesy

I'll create a thread for that reason and ask you there tonguegrin
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2015
damseyl:
same as me
abi? why would i check his fone. i don't do it to other people let alone the person i claim to love.

it irritates me
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2015
emusmith:
Yes. If there is nothing to hide...

No. If there is something to keep her from worrying. You no ladies na cheesy
Something like what sir? grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hehehe! See yourself cheesy

I'll create a thread for that reason and ask you there tonguegrin
hmmm let's wait till then.

what if i refuse to comment.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by iamord(m): 11:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Take my phone, when u are tired u will pass It back.. Wetin you won see wey man never see b4as For the major skeletons.. I. Have moved them to a safer zone!! grin so I aint worried bout nufin grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Deejavuu:
Team no snooping...

Checking on ur partners phone most times calls for unnecessary suspicions,thereby giving urself unneccesary heartache...

A man or woman that really wanna hide something from u will hide it wella...

#myopinion..
So you're comfortable if you don't check his phone right?

How about if he asks for yours?

Should it be vice-versa? smiley
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by alberto2k(m): 11:45am On Jan 26, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

what if he is someone like alberto2k

Innocent guy like me angry
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2015
alberto2k:

I won't be comfortable bro

But when I suspect any thing

We'll sit and talk. I might not tell her what am thinking but I'll try to persuade her to open up

If she doesn't after a long talk then I'll tell her what's on my mind, then maybe she'll spit the truth from being confused, upset or whatever sef

I just believe say she go even if na person she Kill
Hmmm...and you think say some girls go talk?

Some hard o!

Most times e better when you don get concrete evidence first before you start to dey interrogate anything.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by iyisco2001(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2015
The last time someone checked it, na so do drama I dey see, from cry to sulking. And demanding explanation, ever since then. It's a big N and a small o for me(No). Not that u have something to hide, but some gehs have this funny way of interpreting stuffs
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2015
alberto2k:

Innocent guy like me angry

tarhhhh!!! innocent ko
idibia ni tongue
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by damseyl(f): 11:49am On Jan 26, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

abi? why would i check his fone. i don't do it to other people let alone the person i claim to love.

it irritates me
lol, i dont even v the time, wat am i looking for? Except he want to show me something himself
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2015
AyokunleRuth:

hmmm let's wait till then.

what if i refuse to comment.
Ok...

But that's why I included marriage in the question. If you don't like checking your boyfriend's phone then it means you'll apply that in marriage too.

And in the context I also meant a serious relationship which could possibly lead to that union. wink
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Tymax(m): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2015
Sparksfly:
Why should he?... Nah.
I wouldn't allow him.
Wouldn't give him a reason to distrust me.
What are you trying to hide? angry Out with it.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2015
damseyl:
lol, i dont even v the time, wat am i looking for? Except he want to show me something himself
datz true.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:51am On Jan 26, 2015
damseyl:
Can you allow him check yours?
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 26, 2015
I can't allow him to check my fone,except I want him to die of heart attack

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by shumuel(m): 11:52am On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:
Many people have different views about this. While majority are of the opinion that it's better you don't check your partner's phone so you will not get "Heart attack" (Lol) grin. They believe it's better you don't bother yourself about anything as long as your partner is not acting in a suspicious way.

However,,a lesser fraction of people see nothing wrong with it. As a matter of fact they believe it's a good way to earn your partner's trust.

But the question ponders. What is really bad in allowing our partners go through our messages? I feel a healthy relationship should be as transparent as anything. There shouldn't be anything to hide. So once you can't allow your partner check your phone it may mean you have something to hide. It mustn't necessarily be cheating but that is how it always is 97% of the time.

So i'd like to ask. Can you allow your partner go through your phone? Or Can you ask your partner to give you his/her phone to check? If yes,,please give your reasons. If no,,your reasons should also be stated.

Nairalanders,,please let's be sincere in our contributions. I know many of us may want to form/pretend other wise. grin

N:B This applies to both marriage and a normal relationship.

It has never been a problem, have always been a Saint cheesy
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2015
iyisco2001:
The last time someone checked it, na so do drama I dey see, from cry to sulking. And demanding explanation, ever since then. It's a big N and a small o for me(No). Not that u have something to hide, but some gehs have this funny way of interpreting stuffs
Yea you're right about that.
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Truckpusher(m): 11:52am On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:
Many people have different views about this. While majority are of the opinion that it's better you don't check your partner's phone so you will not get "Heart attack" (Lol) grin. They believe it's better you don't bother yourself about anything as long as your partner is not acting in a suspicious way.

However,,a lesser fraction of people see nothing wrong with it. As a matter of fact they believe it's a good way to earn your partner's trust.

But the question ponders. What is really bad in allowing our partners go through our messages? I feel a healthy relationship should be as transparent as anything. There shouldn't be anything to hide. So once you can't allow your partner check your phone it may mean you have something to hide. It mustn't necessarily be cheating but that is how it always is 97% of the time.

So i'd like to ask. Can you allow your partner go through your phone? Or Can you ask your partner to give you his/her phone to check? If yes,,please give your reasons. If no,,your reasons should also be stated.

Nairalanders,,please let's be sincere in our contributions. I know many of us may want to form/pretend other wise. grin

N:B This applies to both marriage and a normal relationship.
I dey craze? angry

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Mathematical(f): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Sorry for twisting it up.

Yea it's mostly when there are trust issues.
But sometimes it just happens out of curiosity.

So would you say it's right or wrong if your man should still ask for your phone. Will you be offended by it?
hell. No
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Deejavuu(f): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

So you're comfortable if you don't check his phone right?

How about if he asks for yours?

Should it be vice-versa? smiley

When i wrote team no snooping i meant it Vice-Versa smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:53am On Jan 26, 2015
jomile:
I can't allow him to check my fone,except I want him to die of heart attack
Chai!!! cheesy

This one no even send grin

Can you check his own?
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Ok...

But that's why I included marriage in the question. If you don't like checking your boyfriend's phone then it means you'll apply that in marriage too.

And in the context I also meant a serious relationship which could possibly lead to that union. wink
hmmmmm you are right.
i will apply it to IF i get married grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? by naijaboiy: 11:55am On Jan 26, 2015
iamord:
Take my phone, when u are tired u will pass It back.. Wetin you won see wey man never see b4as For the major skeletons.. I. Have moved them to a safer zone!! grin so I aint worried bout nufin grin
Oga which Zone you Move am to? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Your Ex Sent You A Text: “I Am With Someone Better Than You” – Reply In 3 Words / After Helping A Guy With Airtime, She Gets Engagement Ring In Return / What I Found When Bought A Second Hand Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.