Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:45 AM

Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater (30379 Views)

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba / Is It Possible For A Wife Beater To Change? / Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by sweetcocoa(f): 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Can one person posses all these traits? I highly doubt that.

Except you are saying any guy with any of the above trait is a potential wife beater.
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Dammytrager(m): 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
11. if he is a Chelsea fan grin
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by FOR1234(f): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
may the lord save our daughters heart from falling for those men

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by TDstarr: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
SO AM A WIFE BEATER?? WHAT WILL I DO?? cry :' cry :' cry cry
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by TDstarr: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
xgu
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by MrCork: 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:
1. If he's not proud of you
He might feel like you are some kind of *embarrassment* to him. He might also resent you because he'll feel that people look down upon him because of you.

2. If he's possessive
He sees you as one of his belongings, so if feels threatened (like someone might snatch you away from him) he might beat to protect his territory.

3. If he's a mama's boy
He might beat because his mum comes first & he'll see you as trying to break that bond.

4. If he's a flirt
He'll beat because you'll try to put him in line and he'll take it for you trying to control his life.

5. If he's insecure
He feels that he might lose you any time, so you'll find yourselves quarreling over "Who called you?", "Who did you stop to greet?" etc. This might lead to beating.

6. If he's a drunk
When he knocks and you go to open the door, you might receive a punch...Alcohol has a way of interferring with someone's reasoning capacity. That's why when someone is drunk, they can give even their deepest secret.

7. If he uses drugs (Cocaine, heroine, etc). The explanation is same as above.

8. If he gets angry easily/he's highly temperamental
When you are angry you can do crazy things, which include beating. Some people know how to control their anger, but others don't.

9. If he's a chauvinist
He has prejudice against women. He sees them as inferior beings who have no say. If you try to challenge his beliefs/the status quo, he might beat you.

10. If he's a masochist
A masochist is someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment. He might transfer that to you thinking that you'll also like it.

These guys are our brothers and will marry one day. What advice can you give to a lady whose partner is apotential *beater* (especially when leaving is not an option)?

angry

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by johnjon: 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
Any signs of a potential husband beater?
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by TDstarr: 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
brito:
If he talks too much, ladies listen if the guy you're dating is talking too much pls be careful. women naturally talks a lot that's how God created us but if a guy talks like a woman there is a problem. If you both are arguing he may want to shut you up by beating. Every man want his gf or wife to respect him by keeping quiet when he's talking, that seems impossible if he's talking . LewisO hope you don't talk too much cos its a no, no for me.
see your ideology, the talkative men talk their mind out to reduce anger, but the quiet ones can do what will make the wife to be shocked cos you dont know his mind. am the quiet type with very hurt temper and am working on myself, thats how my dad also is, when him and my mum is arguing he will just leave the house cos if he loses his temper, the whole house will explode........ i sometime do things i dont expect myself to do cos of resentment thats been building inside due to not talking......righ now when my girl offend me i just tell her straight up .......and ignore her....
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by MrCork: 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:
1. If he's not proud of you
He might feel like you are some kind of *embarrassment* to him. He might also resent you because he'll feel that people look down upon him because of you.

2. If he's possessive
He sees you as one of his belongings, so if feels threatened (like someone might snatch you away from him) he might beat to protect his territory.

3. If he's a mama's boy
He might beat because his mum comes first & he'll see you as trying to break that bond.

4. If he's a flirt
He'll beat because you'll try to put him in line and he'll take it for you trying to control his life.

5. If he's insecure
He feels that he might lose you any time, so you'll find yourselves quarreling over "Who called you?", "Who did you stop to greet?" etc. This might lead to beating.

6. If he's a drunk
When he knocks and you go to open the door, you might receive a punch...Alcohol has a way of interferring with someone's reasoning capacity. That's why when someone is drunk, they can give even their deepest secret.

7. If he uses drugs (Cocaine, heroine, etc). The explanation is same as above.

8. If he gets angry easily/he's highly temperamental
When you are angry you can do crazy things, which include beating. Some people know how to control their anger, but others don't.

9. If he's a chauvinist
He has prejudice against women. He sees them as inferior beings who have no say. If you try to challenge his beliefs/the status quo, he might beat you.

10. If he's a masochist
A masochist is someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment. He might transfer that to you thinking that you'll also like it.

These guys are our brothers and will marry one day. What advice can you give to a lady whose partner is apotential *beater* (especially when leaving is not an option)?

...notin wrong with slapin woman...serrriously...how else are a real man sopose to get respect except u g@y....and acordin to opion poll....all men belifs all women shud be kept in line...pirrriod!!!! (no oofeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
MrCork:

angry
Hello Mr Cork grin What's your contribution?
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
Dammytrager:
11. if he is a Chelsea fan grin
grin grin Why?
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
MrCork:

...notin wrong with slapin woman...serrriously...how else are a real man sopose to get respect except u g@y....and acordin to opion poll....all men belifs all women shud be kept in line...pirrriod!!!! (no oofeinse) angry

it's wrong. Who slaps the man when he makes a mistake? undecided

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LewisO: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
brito:
If he talks too much, ladies listen if the guy you're dating is talking too much pls be careful. women naturally talks a lot that's how God created us but if a guy talks like a woman there is a problem. If you both are arguing he may want to shut you up by beating. Every man want his gf or wife to respect him by keeping quiet when he's talking, that seems impossible if he's talking . Lewis.O hope you don't talk too much cos its a no, no for me.
I don't talk too much, i do less talking if u see me real, but my thumb is just too swift and sharp i can type 10,000 words at a go without stopping, my writing do alot of talking for me.

Off Nairaland am a very gentle guy my friends and families knows that or those who are close to me.

Before i say a word, anything i wanna say now i would have think about it 5mins before talking and reason very well about it before i lay my astute, that's just me.
What do u expect from a Medical doctor we do less talk most of us but not all.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
TDstarr:
see your ideology, the talkative men keep talk their mind out to reduce anger, but the quiet ones can do what will make the wife to be shocked cos you dont know his mind. am the quiet type with very hurt temper and am working on myself, thats how my dad also is, when him and my mum is arguing he will just leave the house cos if he loses his temper, the whole house will explode

Pls don't marry with that kind of temper, lolz .
Honestly I don't like guys that talks too much.
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by kika23(f): 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
MrCork:

So you would slap me? cry
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Nicklaus(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Advice ? Grab your running boots and BOUNCE !
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
TDstarr:
see your ideology, the talkative men talk their mind out to reduce anger, but the quiet ones can do what will make the wife to be shocked cos you dont know his mind. am the quiet type with very hurt temper and am working on myself, thats how my dad also is, when him and my mum is arguing he will just leave the house cos if he loses his temper, the whole house will explode........ i sometime do things i dont expect myself to do cos of resentment thats been building inside due to not talking......righ now when my girl offend me i just tell her straight up .......and ignore her....

I've heard that quite guys are *dangerous* but I didn't believe it. Nice sharing with us.
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by dotna(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
The only sign is if he beats u
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
LewisO:

I don't talk too much, i do less talking if u see me real, but my thumb is just too swift and sharp i can type 10,000 words at a go without stopping, my writing do alot of talking for me.

Off Nairaland am a very gentle guy my friends and families knows that or those who are close to me.

Before i say a word, anything i wanna say now i would have think about it 5mins before talking and reason very well about it before i lay my astute, that's just me.
What do u expect from a Medical doctor we do less talk most of us but not all.

I reserve my comment

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by MrCork: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
kika23:

....YOU??...Ma future wifey??...F*** NO...Never ever ever HELL Mother F******kin NO..

...sweery u are different... You are light skin!!!
wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LewisO: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
Ladyx well put and nice post, u must be a very intelligent lady, i deduce to your post, why can't u go into counselling? U can make it there.

*Thumb up*
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnjon:
Any signs of a potential husband beater?
I don't know any. Most ladies are timid, they won't beat their husbands.
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by TDstarr: 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
kika23:

lemme not lie from my experience with women, even in the days of our fore fathers, even women know that some times when they are beginning to disgrace themselves .....a slap brings back their senses, not beating.....just one slap grin cheesy

joking*but seriously* a slap only*

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Pholayemi(f): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
kentochi:
Guys ma plus 1 year today.
Can somebody wish me happy birthday!.
Am so happy.
happy baiday to u. Wullnp
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by MrCork: 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

it's wrong. Who slaps the man when he makes a mistake? undecided

.. which wrong?? how?....Sweery don't gerrrit. Its the man that slaps and not other way round....do I make sence? angry
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
MrCork:

.. which wrong?? how?....Sweery don't gerrrit. Its the man that slaps and not other way round....do I make sence? angry
No you don't make sense! Don't encourage guys to slap their partners!
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by MrCork: 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
...Slapin woman is ok but Punchin is totally wrong ....pirrriod!! angry
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by MrCork: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

No you don't make sense! Don't encourage guys to slap their partners!

.;...Slapin ois OK as looong as the guy don't punch her......u slap them coz u want to prove yor love so they can change their behaviour and they don't cheat on u....sweeery..do I make sence? angry

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
LewisO:
Ladyx well put and nice post, u must be a very intelligent lady, i deduce to your post, why can't u go into cancelling? U can make it there.

*Thumb up*
Thanks LewisO.
I Haven't thought about counselling as a profession, though I counsel some of my friends and acquaintances when they have issues.
I wouldn't even know where to start as a professional counsellor.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by MrCork: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
LewisO:
Ladyx well put and nice post, u must be a very intelligent lady, i deduce to your post, why can't u go into cancelling? U can make it there.

*Thumb up*

angry

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LewisO: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember Your First Love / For Singles: What's Your Biggest Fear About Getting Married? / Rude Questions Not To Ask A Lady In Her Twenties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.