Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team (38576 Views)

PICTURE: Jonathan Campaign Team Buying Petrol In Blackmarket / Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by light004: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2015
philips70:
The south south will never forgive OBJ for bringing us this much shame and embarrassment. We have very sound and intelligent people in quantum from this zone but he wickedly chose the worst among us to go with Yar'Adua so he can be playing them about like buzu in poker game.

on the contrary, Jonathan is not dull. Articulation in speeches is an art that people are gifted for and not everyone has such gift. It can be learnt but those with the gift excel far beyond other. I'm proud of him and his achievements. Don't allow the propaganda agenda of APC to deceive you to believe otherwise. Please research his achievements in power.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by maestroferddi: 11:06am On Mar 23, 2015
Willie2015:

You need to watch the debate. Mr President was the only candidate reading his answer from paper..too bad. GEJ lost my vote when Sambo came to commission Makurdi-Port Harcourt Rail Line. The whole show is a fraud from the Pit of HELL.
The only problem I am seeing here is that you need to get your brain reformatted.

Is the debate you watched different from that seen by other Nigerians?
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by efilefun(m): 11:06am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I WAS SO ASHAMED WHEN I SAW THE BRAINLESS MOR0N READING HIS ANSWERS FROM ALREADY PREPARED SCRIPT! shocked shocked

CAN YOU IMAGINE - THE GOAT CANT EVEN CRAM THE EXPO! lipsrsealed

WHOSOEVER GAVE THIS GUY A DOCTORATE SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE JAILED! cheesy cheesy

NOW I SEE WHY HIS DOCTORATE THESIS ARE UNDER LOCK AND KEYS THAT EVEN THE SO-CALLED FREEDOM OF INFO BILL CANT UNLOCK IT! grin

THIS M0R0N SERIOUSLY NEEDS A BRAIN TRANSPLANT! BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO SEND HIM BACK TO ONE VILLAGE CALLED 'OTU' WHERE THEIR MAJOR MARKET IS 'EKE' THEN GIVE HIM AND ONE 'PISSFUL' MAMA A SCHOLARSHIP TO PRIMARY ONE!grin

PS: MODS DON'T HIDE MY POST BECAUSE I DID NOT MENTION ANYBODY'S NAME! undecided

Thats the fact man... i feel you die, even a pry school student cant go for a debate competition with prepared script... so you all expected A whole General to come ridicule himself there....lol NEVER
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by hassan85(m): 11:07am On Mar 23, 2015
Ayoakinkahunsi:

i wouldnt dispute that but the reason behind his brief and short messages/speechs dis day is a thing to worry about dont forget he will no longer be using force. We wouldnt need power we need authority
outta toomuch talk of GEJ, he made '64' wopin promises [punch newspaper] and GMB made '45'. Y talk tomuch and lie yil u can talk less and do more? "if an administratn can advertise al dia 6yrs achievments on tv, its shows de did nothing" Osinbajor.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by saintdareok(m): 11:08am On Mar 23, 2015
Maple:
The graft allegation against the Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG) has vindicated the All Progressives Congress' stance that the debate was compromised by President Goodluck Jonathan, the Muhammadu Buhari campaign organisation has said. The opposition campaign media and publicity director Malam Garba Shehu said the sordid details coming out of organizations of the debate would have tainted the APC candidate had he presented himself to the group.

A civil society group, Value and Integrity Group alleged at a press conference on Friday, that a First Bank account opened for the NEDG had the founder of a private television network as sole signatory, even though he is not listed as one of the directors of the NEDG. According to leaders of the Value and Integrity Group, Sina Odugbemi and Popoola Ajayi, co-ordinator and secretary respectively, “an initial deposit of N1 million was paid into the said First Bank account, and on March 28, 2011, another N20 million belonging to the NEDG was paid into the personal account of the said founder of the leading private television network.”

The Buhari campaign said “We at the APC Presidential Campaign got the eye-opening news of the press conference by the Value and Integrity Group accusing the Nigeria Election Debate Group, the crux of the allegation being that some members of the NEDG have been monetarily influenced.”It added that “although the group failed to mention from what source the monies came from, we had taken a position, based on intelligence made available to us that the PDP has compromised the integrity of an unnamed few in the NEDG with huge and ridiculous sums of money.”

“And watching President Goodluck Jonathan reading from a prepared script gleefully as he answered questions in the debate confirmed our suspicion that there will be “EXPO”. “These two scenarios: The allegation of corrupt inducements in the NEDG and the president reading from a prepared script during the debate validates our reasons for abstaining from the debate,” Shehu said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/20024-jonathan-compromised-presidential-debate-buhari-campaign
APC says we shouldn't question Buhari's aversion for debates,cuz GEJ did so in 2011, and u guys claim to be the CHANGE front the status quo?
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by light004: 11:09am On Mar 23, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:
Lies, lies and pure lies, they should start preparing what they will after losing the election.

I watched d debate. He was only looking at the facts and figures he wrote down. Na wa for APC. Is that the reason your presidential aspirant was conspicuosly missing.

Thank you ooooooo. Exactly what happened. Even Obama and other serious politicians doing debate on impromptu speeches write down on small notes and take with them to the podium.

Apc is just useless.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Ababadada: 11:11am On Mar 23, 2015
People of Nigeria beware, the idea of picking Pastors as a running mate is alarming! Buhari have hidden agenda. Shine your eyeeeee!
Ayoakinkahunsi:
Gmb know that even when you will have the support of the majority is not because of this lies
you they run for debate what you will even do in the next 4 yr if you are elected i dont know all i hear is CHANGE. The Change we have in mind is change cluelessness
what is even the tendency that you will make a better president and represent the country well in the committee of nations
if you dey try run for domestic debate now
I pray we dont regret our action
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by bobmalu83(m): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2015
Burger01:

Ogbeni, did you see Jonathan during the 2011 presidential debates? Jonathan went AWOL and peradventure he won the election. That said, the debate of last night was nothing but arranged charades, more a presidential debate fashion parade. Buhari, by God's will, shall win this election. Those who are still rooting for and supporting Jonathan are in minority, mostly rooted in regionalism and ethnicity. The real people of Nigeria, those that desire good governance, are the people supporting Buhari. Believe you me bruh, these people are massive. No stopping this train of change. Support it or get crushed by it.

Sai Buhari
when Jonathan wins u will know whether it is minorities or majorities that vote him
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Burger01(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2015
bobmalu83:

when Jonathan wins u will know whether it is minorities or majorities that vote him
Just few days off bruh, so let's relax. cheers.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by datribune: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2015
Thank u. d way they've been promoting d useless debate I knew there was something sinister about it. GEJ who boycotted d 2011 session is now a born-again advocate of d debate. d only time we saw d clueless one last time was in an interview wit dbanj. What a slowpoke
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Ababadada: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2015
People of Nigeria Buhari always pick Pastors as a running mate. Whyyyy! Shine your eyeeee! He has hidden agenda
donspero:
The youth of nigeria are so blind that all the hear is change!!! Buhari disappointed me yesterday am not being bias, I watched the debate it was as transparent as evr the same question asked to other president was asked to GEJ.... no side question he was evn quiz by his fellow candidate, so buhari just proved his not healthy enfo to rule nigeria jor!!! his lost my respect. I wouldn't say GEJ has done well or he is the best, but yesterday all I could see was a humble president, so 2day I take a new stand as the Russian youths did, to support my president till his no longer my president!!! Tanx dats d change we need....
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by maestroferddi: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2015
philips70:

Thanks for confirming GEJ was an illiterate in 2011. You mean he procured his so called PhD during this 4 yrs? Uniport must be some millions of dollars richer. GEJ is irredeemably dull I swear. Even my 7 yr old son knows this.
Your malady is so easy to pin-point.

For a start, you need to be exorcised of the demons of hate, spite, bigotry and short-sightedness that have pitched tent in your psyche and sub-conscious sensibilities.

Otherwise, it would be foolhardy to anticipate an objective and critical evaluation of issues when you are still enmeshed in the obnoxious web of the foregoing.

We are therefore apprehensive of your predilection to have a twisted view of things: seeing white as black and vice versa.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by fallout87: 11:20am On Mar 23, 2015
Lies and propaganda, to spin the truth in order to defend Buhari from running from debates.

Can't you people see that this APC is truly evil?

They are doing all this lying and story telling and they don't have power yet...... imagine how they will destroy and loot this country once they do
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 23, 2015
koboko69:

cheesy
The only thingn i saw Buhari tso was to jot down questions in london....and respond accordingly. Not read "facts" from doucumented scripts. Bro..this is no personal attacks...reomove the scales and wools of sentiments from your eyes and face reality.

Don't even mention that charade at the chatham house, and bros shebi na scales dey cover my eyes. Bros, u need to remove d log of wood in ur eyes.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by egift(m): 11:25am On Mar 23, 2015
OLADD:

You're aptly daft. The president was only reading from the points he jotted from the panelists' questions and issues raised by other debaters. I am sure you knew that was not a secondary school debate. Bunch of liars.
Was he reading EXPO or not? Simple.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by philips70(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2015
light004:

on the contrary, Jonathan is not dull. Articulation in speeches is an art that people are gifted for and not everyone has such gift. It can be learnt but those with the gift excel far beyond other. I'm proud of him and his achievements. Don't allow the propaganda agenda of APC to deceive you to believe otherwise. Please research his achievements in power.

Ok, I will research. Pardon me, I have been in Pluto for the past 5 years. Not my fault.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by anyaikenga: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2015
Shut up. Buhari showed up in debate organised by NN24. but he did not show up in the debate organised by NEDG in 2011. Where is NN24 today?
FastShipping:

But GMB participated fully in 2011 debate. Jonathan didn't show up for that debate and still won the election. The notion that GMB is scared of debate should be thrown out. This is the same GMB that presented national budget to the nation in 1984 and 1985.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by philips70(m): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2015
maestroferddi:
Your malady is so easy to pin-point.

For a start, you need to be exorcised of the demons of hate, spite, bigotry and short-sightedness that have pitched tent in your psyche and sub-conscious sensibilities.

Otherwise, it would be foolhardy to anticipate an objective and critical evaluation of issues when you are still enmeshed in the obnoxious web of the foregoing.

We are therefore apprehensive of your predilection to have a twisted view of things: seeing white as black and vice versa.

Which malady are you talking about here? I only concurred to the op who said only illiterates run away from debates and gave an example of no distant past. Wash yourself off sentiments and pick all GEJ's videos both on podiums and interviews since the campaigns started and watch. Come back here to tell us who is in a malady.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by hijodedios: 11:50am On Mar 23, 2015
prof1990:
It is a disgrace to see a president reading a script during a debate.

Really? ignorance is not an excuse,all over the world ( at least i have seen it myself) during presidential debates,candidates are allowed to read from a prepared script to back up their facts,you should be ashamed of yourself rather for saying something you are not sure of.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Pvin: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2015
FastShipping:

But GMB participated fully in 2011 debate. Jonathan didn't show up for that debate and still won the election. The notion that GMB is scared of debate should be thrown out. This is the same GMB that presented national budget to the nation in 1984 and 1985.
APC and lying. Please say the things you are sure of biko. Is this not GEJ on 2011 debate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 23, 2015
You call that shamble stuff debate? undecided
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by nwaanambra1(m): 11:58am On Mar 23, 2015
jjy:

Its obvious you are of low moral standard to refer your a president ,the most powerful man in Africa as a slowpoke.Irrespective of what he does you have no right to disrespect him as such.The level of your education and morality is questionable. undecided

GO FUK URSELF AND YOUR FUKTARD PRESIDENT AS.SHOLE! angry
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I WAS SO ASHAMED WHEN I SAW THE BRAINLESS MOR0N READING HIS ANSWERS FROM ALREADY PREPARED SCRIPT! shocked shocked

CAN YOU IMAGINE - THE GOAT CANT EVEN CRAM THE EXPO! lipsrsealed

WHOSOEVER GAVE THIS GUY A DOCTORATE SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE JAILED! cheesy cheesy

NOW I SEE WHY HIS DOCTORATE THESIS ARE UNDER LOCK AND KEYS THAT EVEN THE SO-CALLED FREEDOM OF INFO BILL CANT UNLOCK IT! grin

THIS M0R0N SERIOUSLY NEEDS A BRAIN TRANSPLANT! BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO SEND HIM BACK TO ONE VILLAGE CALLED 'OTU' WHERE THEIR MAJOR MARKET IS 'EKE' THEN GIVE HIM AND ONE 'PISSFUL' MAMA A SCHOLARSHIP TO PRIMARY ONE!grin

PS: MODS DON'T HIDE MY POST BECAUSE I DID NOT MENTION ANYBODY'S NAME! undecided

It was a useless debate. I didn't blink. I was shocked as to where Goodluck was reading from. How come no one was reading. Sometimes you see the KOWA lady stuttering. It was a huge shame, the lady who asked Unovo a question asked the same question to Jonathan, but twisted the question to the Ibo man. What nonsense. That is stupid. Jonathan kept reading from some where and we couldn't understand why. Some of the questions he answered didn't even tally despite something placed in front of him. Can't you see why the media isn't making a fuss of GMB not being around. Because they clearly saw that this was all planned out. Nigeria will never change. That same woman once told my friend that he can't work with NEDG IF he doesn't know anyone. The woman asking questions. BASTARD COUNTRY. Go and listen to what others are saying about your country. No credible person in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
anyaikenga:
Shut up. Buhari showed up in debate organised by NN24. but he did not show up in the debate organised by NEDG in 2011. Where is NN24 today?

He went ahead to vindictively run aground NN24 after he won the elections.....simply because they wanted a level playing ground by not acceding to his request to have the questions in advance.

GEJ is a very petty and vindictive man.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by koboko69: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

Don't even mention that charade at the chatham house, and bros shebi na scales dey cover my eyes. Bros, u need to remove d log of wood in ur eyes.

Charade Like seriously? U think UK is Nigeria where u can manipulate debates like the just concluded real charade?
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by anneedu: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
prof1990:
It is a disgrace to see a president reading a script during a debate.
wish buhari can read at all, as if he was the one that read from the script, didn't you see other party reading from the script or is there any law that said during debate don't read from the script. Stupid excuse
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
sniperr007:

One question, y didn't dey shout d compromise like dey always shout abt pdp plan to rig d election

Lets face it. Buhari isn't fit to rule Nigeria. Apc shud ve flagged a candidate like kwakwanso instead.
Are u so stupid or what,did u not see the primary election,which was done nd Buhari won free and square or u think APC will conduct primaries lyk d useless ones pdp did,which brot forth so many court cases based on fraud.
My guy,reason deeply b4 u typ pls.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by InglishTeechar(m): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
Maple:
The graft allegation against the Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG) has vindicated the All Progressives Congress' stance that the debate was compromised by President Goodluck Jonathan, the Muhammadu Buhari campaign organisation has said. The opposition campaign media and publicity director Malam Garba Shehu said the sordid details coming out of organizations of the debate would have tainted the APC candidate had he presented himself to the group.

A civil society group, Value and Integrity Group alleged at a press conference on Friday, that a First Bank account opened for the NEDG had the founder of a private television network as sole signatory, even though he is not listed as one of the directors of the NEDG. According to leaders of the Value and Integrity Group, Sina Odugbemi and Popoola Ajayi, co-ordinator and secretary respectively, “an initial deposit of N1 million was paid into the said First Bank account, and on March 28, 2011, another N20 million belonging to the NEDG was paid into the personal account of the said founder of the leading private television network.”

The Buhari campaign said “We at the APC Presidential Campaign got the eye-opening news of the press conference by the Value and Integrity Group accusing the Nigeria Election Debate Group, the crux of the allegation being that some members of the NEDG have been monetarily influenced.”It added that “although the group failed to mention from what source the monies came from, we had taken a position, based on intelligence made available to us that the PDP has compromised the integrity of an unnamed few in the NEDG with huge and ridiculous sums of money.”

“And watching President Goodluck Jonathan reading from a prepared script gleefully as he answered questions in the debate confirmed our suspicion that there will be “EXPO”. “These two scenarios: The allegation of corrupt inducements in the NEDG and the president reading from a prepared script during the debate validates our reasons for abstaining from the debate,” Shehu said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/20024-jonathan-compromised-presidential-debate-buhari-campaign

WHEN HAS IT BECOME A CRIME FOR SOMEONE TO READ FROM A NOTE...EVEN OBAMA DOES IT, TELL ME ONE PRESIDENT THAT DONT.

ITS AMAZING TO THINK APC CAN FOOL EVERYBODY...MOST PEOPLE KNOW APC HAS A VERY STRONG REPUTATION OF TELLING GREAT LIES.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by InglishTeechar(m): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
BlackMaria:
Sai baba,we know the clueless did all that. But no worry,we gallant 4 u.
I have decided.
GMB/PYO
APC
CHANGE.
So na lyk dis FTC dey always be. Make una gimme plenty likes oh. Osheeey.

WHEN HAS IT BECOME A CRIME FOR SOMEONE TO READ FROM A NOTE...EVEN OBAMA DOES IT, TELL ME ONE PRESIDENT THAT DONT.

ITS AMAZING TO THINK APC CAN FOOL EVERYBODY...MOST PEOPLE KNOW APC HAS A VERY STRONG REPUTATION OF TELLING GREAT LIES.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by InglishTeechar(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
dadaic:

It was a useless debate. I didn't blink. I was shocked as to where Goodluck was reading from. How come no one was reading. Sometimes you see the KOWA lady stuttering. It was a huge shame, the lady who asked Unovo a question asked the same question to Jonathan, but twisted the question to the Ibo man. What nonsense. That is stupid. Jonathan kept reading from some where and we couldn't understand why. Some of the questions he answered didn't even tally despite something placed in front of him. Can't you see why the media isn't making a fuss of GMB not being around. Because they clearly saw that this was all planned out. Nigeria will never change. That same woman once told my friend that he can't work with NEDG IF he doesn't know anyone. The woman asking questions. BASTARD COUNTRY. Go and listen to what others are saying about your country. No credible person in the country.

ITS AMAZING TO THINK APC CAN FOOL EVERYBODY...MOST PEOPLE KNOW APC HAVE A VERY STRONG REPUTATION OF TELLING GREAT LIES.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by InglishTeechar(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
[sub][/sub][quote author=cocoduck post=31905811][/quote]

ITS AMAZING TO THINK APC CAN FOOL EVERYBODY...MOST PEOPLE KNOW APC HAVE A VERY STRONG REPUTATION OF TELLING GREAT LIES.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by InglishTeechar(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
light004:

Thank you ooooooo. Exactly what happened. Even Obama and other serious politicians doing debate on impromptu speeches write down on small notes and take with them to the podium.

Apc is just useless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Bakare Declares 'Nigeria For Nigeria Movement' / Cooking Gas Price To Rise Next Week / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.