Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team (38578 Views)

PICTURE: Jonathan Campaign Team Buying Petrol In Blackmarket / Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by stanleyfisher(m): 9:15am On Mar 23, 2015
No man is an island of knowledge. Even lectures don't lecture by rote. Good luck is more organised yesterday because he speaks with fact which no one can dispute not even the daft and malnourished Buhari who would have been an object of political and social mockery this week if at all he debated.
God bless good luck
God bless Nigeria

Buhari and his brainless supporters should visit the zoo where they are mearnt to be
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by iamimonitie(m): 9:20am On Mar 23, 2015
Maple:
The graft allegation against the Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG) has vindicated the All Progressives Congress' stance that the debate was compromised by President Goodluck Jonathan, the Muhammadu Buhari campaign organisation has said. The opposition campaign media and publicity director Malam Garba Shehu said the sordid details coming out of organizations of the debate would have tainted the APC candidate had he presented himself to the group.

A civil society group, Value and Integrity Group alleged at a press conference on Friday, that a First Bank account opened for the NEDG had the founder of a private television network as sole signatory, even though he is not listed as one of the directors of the NEDG. According to leaders of the Value and Integrity Group, Sina Odugbemi and Popoola Ajayi, co-ordinator and secretary respectively, “an initial deposit of N1 million was paid into the said First Bank account, and on March 28, 2011, another N20 million belonging to the NEDG was paid into the personal account of the said founder of the leading private television network.”

The Buhari campaign said “We at the APC Presidential Campaign got the eye-opening news of the press conference by the Value and Integrity Group accusing the Nigeria Election Debate Group, the crux of the allegation being that some members of the NEDG have been monetarily influenced.”It added that “although the group failed to mention from what source the monies came from, we had taken a position, based on intelligence made available to us that the PDP has compromised the integrity of an unnamed few in the NEDG with huge and ridiculous sums of money.”

“And watching President Goodluck Jonathan reading from a prepared script gleefully as he answered questions in the debate confirmed our suspicion that there will be “EXPO”. “These two scenarios: The allegation of corrupt inducements in the NEDG and the president reading from a prepared script during the debate validates our reasons for abstaining from the debate,” Shehu said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/20024-jonathan-compromised-presidential-debate-buhari-campaign

Let us assume (without necessarily conceding ) that NEDG had been compromised, isint it questions they would ask? Questions bothering on pressing issues in the country? Is there anything more? Would they formulate questions from outer space?

I mean, any presidential candidate ought to be able to answer questions bothering on pressing issues as regards the nation he or she seeks to lead na..
At least it would give the audience the opportunity to access the candidate, his/her answers to questions, his/her composure.
If there is any bias by the organizers,we would easily see it, and make our own decisions..

Let's call a spade a spade my friends.. I know the incumbent failed to show up for a similar debate in 2011 and that act is condemned.
The same thing has happened again.. The APC refused to show. And it is equally condemned... How can we move forward if we keep deceiving ourselves with these sycophantic chants and blind flattery?
SAI BUHARI.....
TAN....
Instead of the APC to show up or a debate, they decide instead to run from issues but cast accusations and aspersions..
#teamissuebasedcampaigns..

If you have so much to offer, and you are such a saint, come out and speak to the world.... Speak among your peers..
Abi PDP or NEDG go tie your mouth? Abi dem go put rubbish for your mouth make you talk?

Answer some questions, let us have the opportunity of accessing your reasoning skills. Can you think fast on your feet? Can you impress within a short time frame? Do you have unique ideas for our country to develop?
Come out and talk with your mates..
What's the worst that could really happen? Will they cancel the debate if you talk well??

We Nigerians must insist on issue based campaigns.. Not the plethora of negative campaigning and attacks going on now..
Our collective future and destiny as a country depends on it...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by hush15: 9:20am On Mar 23, 2015
FastShipping:

But GMB participated fully in 2011 debate. Jonathan didn't show up for that debate and still won the election. The notion that GMB is scared of debate should be thrown out. This is the same GMB that presented national budget to the nation in 1984 and 1985.

You defence is totally wrong. Here is a you tube link of the presidential debate in 2011 and Jonathan being questioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bW86OJkMfo

On the contrary, it was buhari that boycotted the debate even as at the want a man out for no just reason but to please a bunch of thieves and liers.

Nigerians, it is not fair the way we project our presidency. All sorts of lies and propagandas are used against this man and it amazes me hthat without reasonin righteously, u join to assault the one person who is working for the progress of this country.

Even at the 2011 presidential elections, he said something remarkable. He said what is even more important to him is the unity of our country and creating an enabling environment for every individual to reach the peak of his or her career and today, many of us know that we all have an equal level playing ground to aspire for what we want.

Some just fortune to be handed to them on a platter of gold and others, through wicked voilent and nefirous means. To distabilize this great country is the joy of some even on this nairaland platform cos that's where they thrive. Well meaning nigerians shouldn't allow this to happen.

APC is a party of lies. Of falsehood and very occultic. Oppressive type of government is their way.

We still have few days to go. So think wise and vote for the unity of this country, not the other way. Vote Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

Resist those devils and I kbnow they will flee.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by henrysophy: 9:25am On Mar 23, 2015
A good president is someone that can stand out for the nation without any fear which GEJ did yestaday. GEJ rules
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Burger01(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2015
DJAmyluv:
why do u derive so much joy in deceiving yourselves? You know within you that GEJ will still win this election whether u like it or not
Keep deluding yourself bruh smiley
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by philips70(m): 9:31am On Mar 23, 2015
Billyonaire:
[s][/s]

RUBBISH, I have already ordered store-load of champagne to celebrate Jonathan's Victory. Buhari ran away from Debate because illiterates run away from intelligent challenges. I wanted to laugh at that Tinubu's caricature.

Thanks for confirming GEJ was an illiterate in 2011. You mean he procured his so called PhD during this 4 yrs? Uniport must be some millions of dollars richer. GEJ is irredeemably dull I swear. Even my 7 yr old son knows this.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by donspero(m): 9:33am On Mar 23, 2015
The youth of nigeria are so blind that all the hear is change!!! Buhari disappointed me yesterday am not being bias, I watched the debate it was as transparent as evr the same question asked to other president was asked to GEJ.... no side question he was evn quiz by his fellow candidate, so buhari just proved his not healthy enfo to rule nigeria jor!!! his lost my respect. I wouldn't say GEJ has done well or he is the best, but yesterday all I could see was a humble president, so 2day I take a new stand as the Russian youths did, to support my president till his no longer my president!!! Tanx dats d change we need....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Osas11: 9:35am On Mar 23, 2015
what was special in the debate yesterday that apc were running from debate? what about other candidates that attended yesterday that means they were having two heads or desgraced out of debate? apc wise up.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by philips70(m): 9:36am On Mar 23, 2015
The south south will never forgive OBJ for bringing us this much shame and embarrassment. We have very sound and intelligent people in quantum from this zone but he wickedly chose the worst among us to go with Yar'Adua so he can be playing them about like buzu in poker game.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 23, 2015
Lamentation of APC. Who pays who money? Why is APC so wicked? What is wrong with someone reading to get right his fact?
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by onatisi(m): 9:39am On Mar 23, 2015
Apc has lost this year presidential election woefully ,I think they should just concentrate on the governorship race in various states.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by thomasjoe1: 9:55am On Mar 23, 2015
prof1990:
It is a disgrace to see a president reading a script during a debate.

Its also a disgrace seeing a party shouting " change " and boycotting debates + contradicting the true meaning of Change!
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by sniperr007(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2015
BlackMaria:
Sai baba,we know the clueless did all that. But no worry,we gallant 4 u.
I have decided.
GMB/PYO
APC
CHANGE.
So na lyk dis FTC dey always be. Make una gimme plenty likes oh. Osheeey.

One question, y didn't dey shout d compromise like dey always shout abt pdp plan to rig d election

Lets face it. Buhari isn't fit to rule Nigeria. Apc shud ve flagged a candidate like kwakwanso instead.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 23, 2015
forget that gist!!! buhari nah dull man.
this your gist is only an excuse because President Jonathan is a confirmed educated man.

guys! don't forget to spend your thumb prints on GEJ this weekend

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Obinnapat(m): 10:02am On Mar 23, 2015
Sixteen years of corruption and injustice, No electricity, Insecurity, economic hardship, unemployment etc is enough evidence of bad governance under PDP.

We do not need a debate to tell us what has been done or will be done by a government in power for 6 years.

We should be feeling the transformation in our homes, streets, villages, cities, businesses and not on paper and TV. "Good work speaks for itself."

To get a different result, we must use another party.

Vote Wisely!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by koboko69: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

He knew he would be asked questions on several sectors of the economy. And he came prepared with facts and figures of gianst strides in certain sectors to back up his presentation. Everyone at d debate came with their own facts they wrote down. That is not an expo. The things he said are things he has said at various fora. How dey stopped fertilizer corruption, the ippis, the e-wallet system. He doesn't need an expo to say all that.
You need not resort to personal attacks to drive home your point

cheesy
The only thingn i saw Buhari tso was to jot down questions in london....and respond accordingly. Not read "facts" from doucumented scripts. Bro..this is no personal attacks...reomove the scales and wools of sentiments from your eyes and face reality.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 23, 2015
dey should all shut dia dirty maut up....is it today dat GEJ has been doing d debate...wat kind of stupid expo...why did dat man called buhari nt show up for d debate...afeaces always saying nonsense..expo ko expo ni
.mtchew
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by apcmustwin(f): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2015
maestroferddi:
Why is your brain functioning sub-optimally?

Are you that slow to realise that a student who has studied very hard can reasonably anticipate likely questions he might face in an examination?

If you were going for a presidential debate, would you be needing a babalawo to tell you that you would be asked questions on security, power, education, agriculture, economy, fight on corruption and other major themes?

So what is wrong if the president prepared notes or chits considering the huge data he has to contend with? So you were expecting him to be making guesswork/approximations and thereby provide a veritable ammunition to the APC propaganda machine?

I was expecting you to have reckoned that other participants in the debate are not in office and so would only provide flowery rhetorics. They have no performance that would be recalling.

I met that debate belatedly and there was nothing suggesting that Jonathan was unduly favoured. He got timed out by the buzzer whenever his responses were lengthier than the alloted time just like everybody else.

You guys should concern yourselves with the backlash from Nigerians. Your party/candidate has proved beyond reasonable doubt that it is a serial debate dodger.

hogwash!
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 23, 2015
Nigerians are really backward I tell you
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I WAS SO ASHAMED WHEN I SAW THE BRAINLESS MOR0N READING HIS ANSWERS FROM ALREADY PREPARED SCRIPT! shocked shocked

CAN YOU IMAGINE - THE GOAT CANT EVEN CRAM THE EXPO! lipsrsealed

WHOSOEVER GAVE THIS GUY A DOCTORATE SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE JAILED! cheesy cheesy

NOW I SEE WHY HIS DOCTORATE THESIS ARE UNDER LOCK AND KEYS THAT EVEN THE SO-CALLED FREEDOM OF INFO BILL CANT UNLOCK IT! grin

THIS M0R0N SERIOUSLY NEEDS A BRAIN TRANSPLANT! BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO SEND HIM BACK TO ONE VILLAGE CALLED 'OTU' WHERE THEIR MAJOR MARKET IS 'EKE' THEN GIVE HIM AND ONE 'PISSFUL' MAMA A SCHOLARSHIP TO PRIMARY ONE!grin

PS: MODS DON'T HIDE MY POST BECAUSE I DID NOT MENTION ANYBODY'S NAME! undecided

Its obvious you are of low moral standard to refer your a president ,the most powerful man in Africa as a slowpoke.Irrespective of what he does you have no right to disrespect him as such.The level of your education and morality is questionable. undecided
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Okeikpu(m): 10:27am On Mar 23, 2015
Buhari on the run grin grin I wonder y he's not dead yet sad angry ⊙︿⊙
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2015
APC is a disgrace

Is there anyone out there who did not know before the debate that questions will be asked regarding the economy, education, security, the drop in crude oil?

Is it wrong if the President go in with some notes about numbers like GDP figures, how many kilometres of road built? And things like that?

APC need to stop being childish and accept their failure to attend the debates!

I feel very ashamed for the APC really
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by adexx1(m): 10:37am On Mar 23, 2015
naijaking1:

Presenting a prepared budget in 1984-85 when Buhari was 40-50 years of age is different from today, you know that? Buhari's memory has slowed down to a trickle, he can hardly remember basic facts like the full meaning of APC, and you want him to debate
lols...."slowed down to a trickle"Tunisia current.president was elected at d age 88....is ur country more sound politically than Tunisia...
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by adexx1(m): 10:38am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

I WAS SO ASHAMED WHEN I SAW THE BRAINLESS MOR0N READING HIS ANSWERS FROM ALREADY PREPARED SCRIPT! shocked shocked

NOW I SEE WHY HIS DOCTORATE THESIS ARE UNDER LOCK AND KEYS THAT EVEN THE SO-CALLED FREEDOM OF INFO BILL CANT UNLOCK IT! grin

THIS M0R0N SERIOUSLY NEEDS A BRAIN TRANSPLANT! BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO SEND HIM BACK TO ONE VILLAGE CALLED 'OTU' WHERE THEIR MAJOR MARKET IS 'EKE' THEN GIVE HIM AND ONE 'PISSFUL' MAMA A SCHOLARSHIP TO PRIMARY ONE!grin

lols....check again all he has is a first degree..
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by xklucvG: 10:45am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

MY BRODA YOU CANT COMPARE THE 2!

YOU DON'T GET TO BECOME A WORLDWIDE RENOWNED 5-STAR GENERAL BY CONTRACTING SOMEONE TO WRITE YOUR THESIS! lipsrsealed

RUSIA HARDLY RECOGNIZE A GENERAL FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY THAT DID NOT PASS THRU THEIR MILITARY AKADEMIYA - AND YET RUSSIA RECOGNIZES BUHARI AS A 5-STAR GENERAL! CAN OTUEKE FISHERMEN BEAT THAT? grin
I swear with my head this mutha4ka gej bought his way thru skool. Let zoologist like him ask him questions in his zoological field i bet he is gonno fail woefully. I like Buhari ,i hate the criminals around him. Anyway SAI BUHARI.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by gbassa: 10:46am On Mar 23, 2015
If this debate was in LONDON Buhari could have come for it abi, it is very bad for him not to come for the debate, why will he exempt himself from the debate? I will not vote for him again anymore, he went to LONDON but can not come out from your own country, too bad for him.
If he has health challenges he should tell us.

prof1990:
It is a disgrace to see a president reading a script during a debate.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by light004: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

APC rats you are like your masters, liars. I watched the debate and I never saw him reading a prepared script and none of the contestants ever read from a script. We should be careful what will say. Jonathan has allowed freedom of speech can your sai baba do same. By the Grace of God liars will not rule Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by light004: 10:59am On Mar 23, 2015
xklucvG:

I swear with my head this mutha4ka gej bought his way thru skool. Let zoologist like him ask him questions in his zoological field i bet he is gonno fail woefully. I like Buhari ,i hate the criminals around him. Anyway SAI BUHARI.

I doubt if you are half intelligent as Jonathan. Obviously you know next to nothing about government and yet you open your dirty mouth to insult a sitting president. Shame on your clueless head. Rubbish!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by spookydee(m): 11:00am On Mar 23, 2015
GMB all the way, no shaking.. even if PDP succeed in buying everyone's votes, mine would count for u
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by OLADD: 11:02am On Mar 23, 2015
egift:
Why was Jonathan reading a prepared answer if not that he knew the question before hand?

You're aptly daft. The president was only reading from the points he jotted from the panelists' questions and issues raised by other debaters. I am sure you knew that was not a secondary school debate. Bunch of liars.
Re: Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 23, 2015
nwaanambra1:

MY BRODA YOU CANT COMPARE THE 2!

YOU DON'T GET TO BECOME A WORLDWIDE RENOWNED 5-STAR GENERAL BY CONTRACTING SOMEONE TO WRITE YOUR THESIS! lipsrsealed

RUSIA HARDLY RECOGNIZE A GENERAL FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY THAT DID NOT PASS THRU THEIR MILITARY AKADEMIYA - AND YET RUSSIA RECOGNIZES BUHARI AS A 5-STAR GENERAL! CAN OTUEKE FISHERMEN BEAT THAT? grin

Oga, Buhari was never a 5-star general biko. His highest rank was Major General, which is simply a 2-star general. It's still not a big deal to some of us, since we know that his admission into the army and rise in the profession was simply a product of nepotism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. / John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / APC Slams Alao-akala Over “sai Buhari-sai Akala” Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.