Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old (25798 Views)

How Aisha Buhari Welcomed Husband From UK Medical Leave (Video) / Shiek Ismail Mangu: Arrest Aisha Buhari Immediately Over Her BBC Interview / Abdulmumin Jibrin's First Wife, Laila Who Dumped Him After He Married A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by honeric01(m): 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
This thread should serve as a lesson for all you ethnocentric, tribal and religious bigots. she's serving her own punishment on Nairaland now, tomorrow may be yours.

Her e-value has dropped more than 80% with this thread alone.

Stop tribalism
Stop being ethnocentric
Stop being a religious fanatic.

Repeat now and preach unity!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by demandtruth: 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
i wonder why this has not hit the home page

Seun
OAM4J
Moderators

do the needful joor

people have a lot to learn from this

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by MrIncrediible(m): 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
Muc.
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
babyosisi:
So far no one has disputed the claim and the main subject
Cool cool cool

Therefore, I ask again
What will aisha if Buhari becomes president tell young girls who want to marry a man their grandpa's age for money and fame?
How will she advise girls to stay in school when she at 18 was carrying a man triple her age?
How can she advise mothers about their female children especially coming from an educationally disadvantaged state

Look its a cultural thing, there are many examples all over the world including Nigeria; some would shock you: e.g.
The Owelle of Onitsha and first President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, married his 2nd wife, Uche, a member of the renowned Afikpo traditional dance named ‘Nkwa Nwite’ which entertained him when he visited Afikpo, when she was barely 16yrs old and he (Zik) was in his 70s.

So if you want to castigate Buhari because of his background, well think again; because there are also similar examples from your own backyard to throw back at your face.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by bruteeforce101: 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Look its a cultural thing, there are many examples all over the world including Nigeria; some would shock you: e.g.
The Owelle of Onitsha and first President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, married his 2nd wife, Uche, a member of the renowned Afikpo traditional dance named ‘Nkwa Nwite’ which entertained him when he visited Afikpo, when she was barely 16yrs old and he (Zik) was in his 70s.

So if you want to castigate Buhari because of his background, well think again; because there are also similar examples from your own backyard throw back at your face.

So Azikwe is also like Ojuiku. Chisos

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
^^^He was even worse, because as you can see Zik prefered his own even fresher (below 16yrs).

9 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by honeric01(m): 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
bruteeforce101:

Her fellow haters are Gboliwe and Biafraqueen/9jagirl4real. Another hateful one Ngozievergreen was chased out of nairaland by some guys. They all hate anything North, Muslim or Yoruba.

one by one, they shall meet their waterloo

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
Stupid APC comments..... Will u give ur 18 year old daughter to a 48 year old man...... If u support dz trash, I prophesy unto your life, ur children shall marry men older than you.... Ediots

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by januzaj(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
agabasam:
Stupid APC comments..... Will u give ur 18 year old daughter to a 48 year old man...... If u support dz trash, I prophesy unto your life, ur children shall marry men older than you.... Ediots
muumuu azikwe married his great grand daughter.....and ppl didnt see anything wrong in wat he did..... api home is wat we all pray for.....if u like marry one of ya ancestors...na u knw...if na wetin go mk u api b dat

13 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by eaglechild: 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
Please i need to know, is it mandatory for Muslims to be married before a certain age eg 18 years?

If so, then it is a believe system and maybe the OP should approach it differently.

If not then the issue here is worth a civil discuss.

The OP was somewhat arrogant about it but she did make some valid points.

There is a direct link between age at first marriage for females and the economy. Cultural practices and religion of course play a strong role.

This is not just about Aisha Buhari.

The question here is, should teenage marriage be encouraged?

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by MrPresident1: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
standd:
The masses fight online and kill each other offline while the people they fight for, lay on their bed of dollars and naira, fat and well-fed; with enough money siphoned away for their children and children's children.

As for me, I am sweating to get my daily bread, may God punish anybody that mentions any Nigerian political party or politician near me....ISEEEEEEEE!!!!!

The oponus shouting GEJ and GMB do not know that Zahra and inflation( Jona's bloated son) will forever be richer than their entire generations put together...

O ma seee oooooo!

GEJ TILL THE END OF TIME! angry
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by januzaj(m): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
eaglechild:
Please i need to know, is it mandatory for Muslims to be married before a certain age eg 18 years?

If so, then it is a believe system and maybe the OP should approach it differently.

There is a direct link between age at first marriage for females and the economy. Cultural practices and religion of course play a strong role.

i am not in support of teenage marriage....buh babyosisi started illegal bleeping at the age of 12....hypocrisy is wen u start bleeping at 12yrs....and criticise those that marry legally at 18

12 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by leggo: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
eaglechild:

Why are you emphasizing the word "teenage" ? 18 year old persons are adults... Case closed

7 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Mcowubaba: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
bruteeforce101:

You make me remember Biancar fani-kayode Ojukwu cheesy
Lol grin dis my man..who ban uu....wetin u do
Dis is a new moniker..u don start again grin cheesy
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Mcowubaba: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
[quote author=bruteeforce101 post=32009664]

repent bro cheesy
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by januzaj(m): 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
agabasam:
ediot, u n ur ApC goons z tryn to mke it sound as if its kool... Y not say amen to d prayer... U guys r just stupid .. Plane stupid.... Get ur pathetic life outta ma face
gbagaun.....not z but are....not plane but plain

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by eaglechild: 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
leggo:

Why are you emphasizing the word "teenage" ? 18 year old persons are adults... Case closed

An 18 year old is a teenager.

Should we encourage teenage marriage?

Please answer.
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
As if goons nah english word..... Yeye dey smell.......
januzaj:
gbagaun.....not z but are....not plane but plain
Re: Aisha Buhari,the Teenager That Married A 48 Year Old by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Miumu...... An 18 year old z stil a teenager... Fioul
leggo:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Issues Third “final” Warning To Boko Haram / Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court / Nigerians React As South Africa High Commissioner To Nigeria Denies Xenophobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.