Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? (57105 Views)

Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / "Sex On The First Date Led To This For Me" -Recently Married Woman Reveals. PICS / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 31, 2015
olola4:
It happened last Thursday when my brother-in-law came back from school because of the election. I was outside the house doing some stuff when I heard my wife and her brother arguing over a political matter.

After i finished with what I was doing I went inside the house to join in the discussion, and to my greatest surprise I saw my wife half naked.

Immediately I left the room and she followed me not knowing why I left the room like that. I explained to her that I didn't like it. To my greatest disappointment when my wife will reply me, she just said "it's nothing".

Please to my fellow nairalanders. I want to ask is it right? Because since that time I have been confused.

I want to believe you heard her right, she said "IT IS NOTHING". So why bring up the issue here? That is exactly how they were raised, a reflection of their childhood....something you can't take away from them.

OP, don't allow the devil to manipulate your mind. How on earth could you be thinking her brother would want to sleep with his sister, in your house? Haba! Rebuke that thought and move on....

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by veraiyke(m): 5:12am On Mar 31, 2015
Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah na big deal o. Who knows if they are not actaully broda n sister or dey r practicing incest
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Redoil: 5:12am On Mar 31, 2015
softysparky:

Maybe they use to live in a one room apartment.
long time no see how are you and ur folkes?
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Odunharry(m): 5:13am On Mar 31, 2015
op is scared jare.,. not to worry your brother in law won't snatch your wife from you..... I wonder what you are thinking, imagine your wife and his own brother going down...

op, I swear you ain't serious...is it the body which he has seen before even before you dreamt of marrying her or Wat?
to me it shouldn't be a big deal
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

Being sarcastic? No, I'm not one of them. This is not a board meeting, so I can be as informal or as incorrect as I damn well please. And, I don't need anyone's English lessons because I fare well without an interpreter in the real world. All Is dotted & all my Ts crossed.
There should be apostrophes after the letter 's' in "Is and Ts"

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ladyamabel: 5:17am On Mar 31, 2015
Fxwarrior:

Grow up.

Op is your wife from Akwa Ibom? They have such weird behaviours. Wait until she starts cuddling and kissing her brother and of course it means nothing to them as one told me.
if u are insecure wit ur brother or sis, some people are not. It has Nofin to do wit where u are from
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Classicman47(m): 5:18am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Honestly, @Classicman47, you are very correct!! I have been on Nairaland for a while, and I have seen worse. I guess I corrected her in a fit of exasperation (when she refused to be corrected by someone else) and the argument went on till it went over the border.

No harm meant! I just felt we should get things in perspective, once in a while. The lady in question is obviously better than most. My apologies.

Accepted Bro.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by sophtaf(f): 5:19am On Mar 31, 2015
Ishilove:
It's no big deal to me. He's my brother, for God's sakes. What am I hiding from him that he hasn't seen since we were kids?
it changes as d days go by smiley n isn't it u guyz dat usually place post of hw a father slps wit daughter? Nw adays anyth is possible

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ladyamabel: 5:21am On Mar 31, 2015
veraiyke:
Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah na big deal o. Who knows if they are not actaully broda n sister or dey r practicing incest
Op said it's her brother so it's been confirmed. He didn't express any doubt in that.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by sophtaf(f): 5:32am On Mar 31, 2015
korexdodo:
pls Abegi that's the problem with you Nigerians, always treating the English language like it's a gold mine. Try travel out bro and see the world and how they regard their own language more than English.
he is only an English student practicing what he has learnt, n I gud one @ that smiley
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by internetpirate: 5:33am On Mar 31, 2015
You still don't get it, do you? Read through the definitions of "seek" I presented and find the one that is most apt for the context I stated. No tautology implied by this context! I won't insult you, but you truly need to get things in perspective before commenting. Thanks.

cococandy:
grin

Na your own come worse pass the lady the you were correcting.

Seek= search for or look for
Seek for= search for for/ look for for.
Repetition/tautology

Beware how you try to correct people on social media or public forums because someone else will come along and spot your own mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by kennynelcon(m): 5:35am On Mar 31, 2015
softysparky:

Depends!
depends on What?
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by sophtaf(f): 5:41am On Mar 31, 2015
cococandy:
not you Oga cheesy
I already commented on your post before

That one was for the English teachers abi teachers of English (before dem go begin correct me too).
grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by bigtt76(f): 5:45am On Mar 31, 2015
Abeg free the brother-in-law jooooor! It would seem absurd for his sister to start excusing him out of the room to UnCloth or remain unclad if she chooses to. However, it all borders on common sense for the brother to respect feminine privacy by excusing himself out of the room when she's getting unclad.

The sister too should understand that bros just back from campus or school and his orientation/upbringing may have changed and he would be looking forward to sizing her up.

She might just jokingly tease her brother 'oh you running away from me now after seeing those big babes in school eh' ...I guess he will laugh but understand that she's not trying to change their closeness but rather understand he's grown up.

As for hubby, she's your wife, he's your brother-in-law ....you did not buy her from her family, she remains theirs. So stop harboring the feeling that he's stealing looks from your wife ...he's seen it all and she too has seen it all before marriage ya. Understand with her and DON'T try to change her!
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by internetpirate: 5:45am On Mar 31, 2015
Again, this is the prelude to the traditional gang-up I highlighted! You innocently correct someone, then a host of "I must bring you down too" individuals swarm upon you like bees!!

I have often wondered about this phenomenon, and my conclusion is that people feel insecure about it. It's just like the issue of crying at someone's demise; statistics shows that most people cry (when they are not related or close to the dead person) because of fear of their own death! The death reminds them of a certainty of their own death, and it brings unprecedented sorrow!!

I understand Miss C...give me more!

cococandy:
grin

Na your own come worse pass the lady the you were correcting.

Seek= search for or look for
Seek for= search for for/ look for for.
Repetition/tautology

Beware how you try to correct people on social media or public forums because someone else will come along and spot your own mistakes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by cococandy(f): 5:49am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
You still don't get it, do you? Read through the definitions of "seek" I presented and find the one that is most apt for the context I stated. No tautology implied by this context! I won't insult you, but you truly need to get things in perspective before commenting. Thanks.

In the comment that you posted which that guy corrected you typed 'seek for'.
That's a repetition.
Wrong grammar in any context and from any perspective you look at it.

If you even read through this my reply to you, you could possibly find mistakes or grammatical blunders.

So you see no one is above mistakes.
Now can you take your own advice?
Take correction.
You're even worse than the babe you were correcting. tongue More obstinate.

And why would you insult me?
No be English lesson class we dey? grin
No room for insult here.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by protocol(m): 5:49am On Mar 31, 2015
well, it depends shaoo! in my place, my elder sis fit day baff me self go dee shit for same toilet!
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by cococandy(f): 5:52am On Mar 31, 2015
shocked
Gang up ke?

So all this grammar to avoid admitting that you were wrong while trying to play prof? grin

When you and quite a few others were flexing over-sabi muscles over her post, you didn't think of the expression 'gang-up'

internetpirate:
Again, this is the prelude to the traditional gang-up I highlighted! You innocently correct someone, then a host of "I must bring you down too" individuals swarm upon you like bees!!

I have often wondered about this phenomenon, and my conclusion is that people feel insecure about it. It's just like the issue of crying at someone's demise; statistics shows that most people cry (when they are not related or close to the dead person) because of fear of their own death! The death reminds them of a certainty of their own death, and it brings unprecedented sorrow!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by cococandy(f): 5:55am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Learn to take corrections! Constructive criticisms help develop intelligent people.

seek
sēk/
verb
attempt to find (something).
"they came here to seek shelter from biting winter winds" (no need to add for)
synonyms: search for, try to find, look for, be on the lookout for, hunt for,
"they sought shelter from the winter snows"
attempt or desire to obtain or achieve (something).
"the new regime sought his extradition"

ask for (something) from someone.
"he sought help from the police"
synonyms: ask for, request, solicit, call for, entreat, beg for, petition for, appeal for, apply for, put in for

No need typing another 'FOR' after 'seek' or any of its synonyms.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by sexydiva21(f): 5:57am On Mar 31, 2015
It's absolutely wrong. A woman should make her body private . As a matter of fact once a child clocks 10 years of age he or she should not be allowed to sleep with the opposite sex in the same room. It's not good for a woman or man to change in front of the opposite sex even if you are bloodly related. As a woman I will not like my sister in law to see my husband unclad .[color=#770077][/color]

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Smooyis(m): 6:01am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

LOL, I know what a male cousin is & no I won't take correction for a word I chose deliberately. My English is flawless. Thank you.
"know' and not 'no' please. Always take to correction so you can grow in life! No one is too big to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 31, 2015
My cousin sister is a year older but she change in my present.most times, she do bring her clothes to my room to make selection.but her "Pant and Bra" is always on befor coming. Except I tell you will are cousin's if not you wi think wi are from same parents. Recently wi started having our privacy.So Bro, if you dont like it call your wife and explain to her,she will understand. .
PunkyOh:
It's wrong. No respect.

My cousin brother is two years younger but he'll get out of the house if anyone (female) is about to take a bath. In our culture privacy is very important, just like I can't just enter www.o2tvseries.com

his room without knocking 1st.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by amodaade: 6:02am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:

You may check this link

http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/seek
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ignis: 6:05am On Mar 31, 2015
alberto2k:
Nothing wrong with it except if the brother is a perv and a вαรтαяδ angry
Everything wrong with that sir.
Can you dress in the presence of your younger sister now?
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Fulaman198(m): 6:07am On Mar 31, 2015
olola4:
am sure dey can't be having feelings for each other but I just don't like her dressing up in front of him.

Probably used to it ever since they grew up, I know what you mean though. I think it's a bit of innocence on her part though.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by femi4: 6:08am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Assuming it is your personal slang for your friends etc, do you think it's particularly intelligent/wise to use it in a public forum? Since you are so good in English and deliberately choose words at random! Part of English writing is the address to "audience" and one chooses words that are most appropriate to the audience. What you use for informal narratives is not the same with what you use for formal narratives!

Now, don't take this personal, but I just feel it's time to speak up on this growing trend on Nairaland! Someone writes atrocious English, and when corrected, the bandwagon descends on the critic, often suggesting that he/she should draw meaning from the mumbo-jumbo, instead of correcting the anomaly and setting a standard for intelligent discourse!

Why I am gravely worried by this trend is because I see it as a reflection of our Nigerian society where mediocrity, poor controls and lack of excellence are rife! We spend time chanting change, yet the change we truly need is a "mindset change"!!! Can we start aiming for the sky in all our endeavours?!!!
Can we start criticising our general performance through structured reviews so that lessons-learnt can reflect in improved performance

Cousin brother doesn't seem like a major faux pas (no matter how you try to burnish it!), but it is part of the canker worms that are eating at our national marrow!! My apologies my "cousin sister"!!

Shut it! It was deliberate. Are you new to Nairaland? This is the only public forum where we express ourselves "the Nigerian way". ITK

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by mustymatic(m): 6:10am On Mar 31, 2015
If i r a Muslim, there is a ruling, that limits it, if u r not, a Christian shud check for u...peace
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by donbrowser(m): 6:11am On Mar 31, 2015
internetpirate:
Assuming it is your personal slang for your friends etc, do you think it's particularly intelligent/wise to use it in a public forum? Since you are so good in English and deliberately choose words at random! Part of English writing is the address to "audience" and one chooses words that are most appropriate to the audience. What you use for informal narratives is not the same with what you use for formal narratives!

Now, don't take this personal, but I just feel it's time to speak up on this growing trend on Nairaland! Someone writes atrocious English, and when corrected, the bandwagon descends on the critic, often suggesting that he/she should draw meaning from the mumbo-jumbo, instead of correcting the anomaly and setting a standard for intelligent discourse!

Why I am gravely worried by this trend is because I see it as a reflection of our Nigerian society where mediocrity, poor controls and lack of excellence are rife! We spend time chanting change, yet the change we truly need is a "mindset change"!!! Can we start aiming for the sky in all our endeavours?!!!
Can we start criticising our general performance through structured reviews so that lessons-learnt can reflect in improved performance

Cousin brother doesn't seem like a major faux pas (no matter how you try to burnish it!), but it is part of the canker worms that are eating at our national marrow!! My apologies my "cousin sister"!!

See as you carry person matter for head like Nepa ladder

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 31, 2015
DickDastardly:
Its no big deal truely. Maybe thats how they grew up. Some families are like that. Just let her know you aint comfortable with that. Case closed! wink
It took much fight for my wife to adjust to this. I always tell her that am never comfortable wit something like that especially during breasts feeding in front of her immediate younger brother. She always say that's how dey grow up and she doesn't care. Some family are like that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Curvinus(m): 6:14am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

I think these things depend on the family & of course culture. Where I'm from (South Africa) & with my people (Xhosa), age is very important. When a boy reaches a certain age, usually puberty, there are certain things or rules that are followed. As his sister, mother or whatever, you're supposed to give him some degree of respect since he is no longer a child. Meaning, you can't be parading naked infront of him & he is also expected to do the same. He should be dressed. It's a sign of respect according to the culture of the people.

And you lot still manage to parade naked before the world during your native zulu dance.

Hmmm. Got to love those reed dance videos anyway.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Curvinus(m): 6:15am On Mar 31, 2015
PunkyOh:

I think these things depend on the family & of course culture. Where I'm from (South Africa) & with my people (Xhosa), age is very important. When a boy reaches a certain age, usually puberty, there are certain things or rules that are followed. As his sister, mother or whatever, you're supposed to give him some degree of respect since he is no longer a child. Meaning, you can't be parading naked infront of him & he is also expected to do the same. He should be dressed. It's a sign of respect according to the culture of the people.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by alberto2k(m): 6:17am On Mar 31, 2015
ignis:

Everything wrong with that sir.
Can you dress in the presence of your younger sister now?
yeah... i've done that countless of times, sometimes it just happen that she walks in while am dressing up.
blood is thicker than water they sayundecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Hospital Gave Family Wrong Baby Home, Called Family 10 Days Later For Exchange / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / "Mummy Calm Down" - Boy Negotiates His Way Out Of Beating By His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.