Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,672 members, 7,840,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC (30558 Views)

FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months / Aisha Buhari Didn’t Shut Down Her Abuja Spa (see Pics) - Nigerian Times / Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Rose2014: 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Vision4God:

Funny u. Lol.
Nigerians expect magic .............
cheesy
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Franzeez(m): 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
It is easy to criticized from afar, when you get there you will see where the shoe pinches!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by 0ldirtybastard(m): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
ROSYL:
Buhari didn't promise any jack, I watched him live on Amanpour. He said what the present govt has been in the past 2months has been very effective and they will continue from there. ...... FYI not a Buhari fan but please let's give this man a breathing space and stop misquoting him.

Iffa zlap you ehh. You watched which amanpour?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by deskossy(m): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
flickers72:

Tell me about it, my colleagues asking me if this is the best Nigeria can offer? On Sky news here in the UK they had to use subtitle because people don't understand him..
funny my gf asked me the same thing when he was on cnn..i just told her,as long as he gets d job done...he couldn't even express himself properly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by 0ldirtybastard(m): 2:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Look at these PDP twerking all over the place!
Has Buhari even been sworn in yet? Yet you already comparing 2 months to your daft president that had a total of over 5 years!

I will not commend or condemn Buhari's government till at least a year when he would have had enough time to set a pace.

I have never heard him give a time frame for anything but I do know that corruption power and security are top on the list of his priorities, unlike some other people we know........

What is this?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by 989900: 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
A, B, C, search for the video and listen to his comments yourself, why are some people so comfortable with being gullible?

He said, "in few months", not 2 months.

About the dollar, he said “It is sad that the value of the Naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy’’.

There is a large 'miseducation' of the Nigerian populace, even some with Ph.D's.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Dcmg(m): 2:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
Lol!what i'm really waiting for is to see how Buhari will make #1 equals to $1 and also see how he will Stabilise Global Oil Price.
Was he smoking Bomb when he made those promises?Hahaha.I dey Watch

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by appini: 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] this is just the beginning
they will soon start giving excuses
" we could not perform because PDP has looted the treasury "[/size]

That will definitely be their sermon for the first term in office.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by appini: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
loomer:

Chief I no deny anyone, I just de tired of reading same things over n over again,

It's either someone de insult Jonathan, or another de insult buhari

Are you guys not tired of doing same thing every day.

When una don use unconstructive criticism take pursue GEJ comot for office, Lai Lai, the talking must continue.

No hiding place for "Baba one chance" He must deliver on all his promises.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Rose2014: 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
appini:

When una don use unconstructive criticism take pursue GEJ comot for office, Lai Lai, the talking must continue.

Gbam
Naira must equal dollar

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Kentrasso(f): 2:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
#in ygritte's voice. YOU KNOW NOTHING (nigerians)...
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by appini: 2:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
hardbody:

And to stabilize the oil price internationally. Making promises that are not within your power to make happen. Old age sef has its own disadvantages.

You forgot to add Osinbanjo 20.000 megawatts of electricity within one year in office.

Na one chance government we enter so..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by dukila: 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
For those clamouring for change, it starts with you. One man cannot give you the change you ask for if you don't change how you do things. For example, refuse to give or take bribe, not jump the queues,obey traffic officers, act civil and so on.

Then and only then change can come.

The change starts from the man standing in d mirror.

#please spread the news#

And this is what they are preaching now. SMH
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
APC and arewa has scammed gullible Nigerians!
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by ZahraBuhari(f): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
nawtikid:
ur daddy?

Who da hell are u?

Of what good would it do to you if u knew me or not, sir?
Let's just keep to the topic
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by TeamSimple(m): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
Some people will just die of hate..I wonder how they will live with so much hatred for 4 years,the dumb thing is that they will never see anything good from what the general does,even if he gives them better accomodation and security..GMB is your president for the next four years,live with it or relocate to kenya. After four years you can come back to vote him out..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by RAO1(m): 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
sexymoma:
.This made me laugh so hard!!!!!!
Yoruba people don start again oooo. Someone just name his son Oluwatibuharimi, Temibuhari, Opebuhari, Oluwajegami, Temijega, Opejega. Jegafunmilayo, Olujegafunmi, Buharitide, Olufunminijega, Jegabunmi, Adejega, Jegatide, Jegadaralomo, Jegafimihan, Jegadamilola, Buharibukola, Jegaseunrerefunwa, Jegasina, Jegafemi, Jegafunmilola, Jegaserere....
FYI.....I'm now Buharileke
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Grahamjnr(m): 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
dotcomnamename:
[size=20pt]Just like Jonathan end it in 6 months when he first tasted power, let alone 3 months abi?

Nonsense! Una for say he should it in 3 days.. Mumu people...[/size]
You are an animal! Was he speaking at gun point when he promised this?
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Grahamjnr(m): 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
olas24u:

Am not writing an exam,brain dead with no brains .People are making valuable contributions to national discussion ,you own is English and punctuations.Are you marking the comments for grades.Oloshi
I think that guy is right about you. How can someone without a brain be suffering from brain dead? And by d way, how many brains can a person have, cos I read u said, "brains".
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Grahamjnr(m): 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
dukila:
For those clamouring for change, it starts with you. One man cannot give you the change you ask for if you don't change how you do things. For example, refuse to give or take bribe, not jump the queues,obey traffic officers, act civil and so on.

#please spread the news#

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Grahamjnr(m): 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
dukila:

#please spread the news#

Shut up dude! That's not the change they promised us. They promised to make one naira equivalent to a dollar. End insurgency in less than two months. Stabilized international oil price. Prosecuted and jail all corrupt officials. Pay every Nigerian Youth N5000 every month. Anything less than these is nothing but lies and yet no difference from what we are used to. As for being on the queuex, not giving or taking bribe, we have already heard it preached by our Pastors hence not the change!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by dukila: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Grahamjnr:

Shut up dude! That's not the change they promised us. They promised to make one naira equivalent to a dollar. End insurgency in less than two months. Stabilized international oil price. Prosecuted and jail all corrupt officials. Pay every Nigerian Youth N5000 every month. Anything less than these is nothing but lies and yet no difference from what we are used to. As for being on the queuex, not giving or taking bribe, we have already heard it preached by our Pastors hence not the change!

Are u reading with your brains or your anus? Pls read again.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Story! this change mantra thing is just bulshit. Watch...Nigeria will still remain the same after 3yrs he is in power! No change is coming...rather negative change. The alliance between CPC and ACN was just the key thing predicated on returning power to the northern born to rule. Yorubas realize they can only be relevant in scheme of things if they align with the north. Now with APC they have succeeded. So southeast and southsouth will remain a conquered people in the Govt of Buhari. The change that is coming is buhari to concentrate development in the yoruba states and the north like he did during the era of his ptdf. He will appoint chief of army staff hausa man, chief of defence staff hausa man...chief naval stal one yoruba man..chief of air staff one middle belt guy..police head hausa fulani...petroleum minister hausa fulani...agriculture minister hausa fulani...SSS DG hausa man..then he will find way settle Amaechi with one yr after which he will push Amaechi out of the power equation with the advisers of his hausa brothers. But the last straw that will break the camels back will be Buhari trying to militarize the southsouth when he stops the pipeline security contract given to Tompolo and use military to intimidate the southsouth and MOSOB guys...then he will renew oil mining licence of TY Danjuma and his northern cronies...reward oil contracts to empower the north and give Tinubu his long-awaited dream oil block...go to Delta state to scrap the Oil and gas Park in Gbaraturum Kingdom...these are the changes you will see...One naira can never be equal to one dollar...Bokoharam will continue to kill people...Chibok girls will never be found. Nothing is going to change but there will be one day that will be a day of Reckoning when IBB of PDP will take over from Osibande in 2019.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by pazienza(m): 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rose2014:

It still beats my imagination how APC full of SANS and well educated people kept fielding him.smh
Imagine SANs and professors chanting 'certificate doesn't matter anymore' cheesy

Lol! This is damn funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by pazienza(m): 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
dotcomnamename:
[size=20pt]Just like Jonathan end it in 6 months when he first tasted power, let alone 3 months abi?

Nonsense! Una for say he should it in 3 days.. Mumu people...[/size]

Is GEJ the supposedly failure, clueless and retarded one now the standard for measuring APC change? *grins*
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by pazienza(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
hardbody:

Please how can i facilitate your death and who insulted the Igbo race by suggesting you are one? I will curse however insults us that way again.

Imagine classifying him as an Igbo? Chai! This is a great insult to the Igbo nation.

Have Ndiigbo fallen so low, that such a person now looks Igbo, chei!
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by ASORUCK(f): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
meccuno:

Abuja – The All Progressives Congress (APC) has described as misleading and unfounded reports that the President-elect, Maj.-Gen. Mu has pledged to end insurgency in the country within two months.

“The President-Elect is still waiting to be sworn in on May 29. After the ceremony, he would need time to study the security situation and plan strategically with the security chiefs as to the way forward.

“Time is of essence here. Therefore, President Buhari didn’t and wouldn’t peg the decimation of terrorism within two months.

“The General was unequivocal about cleansing Boko Haram from our land; he would do a good job of it by giving a final permanent push to rid Nigeria of unscrupulous elements,’’ the statement said.

The statement recalled that in Buhari’s interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Cable News Network (CNN), he didn’t put a time-frame to when he would eliminate terrorism.

“It would be unfair and mischievous for someone to ascribe to him what he hasn’t said,” the statement emphasised. (NAN) http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buhari-didnt-promise-to-end-insurgency-in-two-months-apc/

The Daura primitive magician has not even started his rule apc has started giving excuses. "CHANGE".

I will be sipping my Fanta and watch Nigeria as it Changes.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/
buhari-didnt-promise-to-end-insurgency-in-two-months-apc/
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by saintopus(m): 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
From what I am seeing, it will
not be too long when we shall
hear statement like "
"Buhari never promised
Nigerians anything "
Then in suppport of the above
statement, the Sai Baba group
will say something like "
" Provide us a link or video
where the peoples general
promised Nigerians anything."

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by pasol4real(m): 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
meccuno:
one mistake we make is that we don't learn from the past......1999,2003,2007,2011.......i am not a fan of buhari,but i know one thing and i stand to be quoted.......if he doesn't perform and Nigerians decided they cant continue with his regime which i doubt......because there is a reason fr him to be selected amongst all other candidates from the north........they would say that it you cannot perform wonders within 4 years in office.....and if we decide to vote him out which to the best of my knowledge is impossible,the north with their majority would use the strength of their "numbers" to keep him in office......but i don't want to be a dooms day prophet..... we are watching from the sidelines..... undecided
who says they are the majority If the entire south,decide to vote him out he will definitely be booted out .so he beta perform otherwise what hit Gej out of office would seem like a massage .
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by kipesco(m): 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
StevensJojo:
Ha ha ha. And he also didn't Promise to make the naira equal to the dollar right?

The beautiful ones are not yet born!

That is where am interested he should quickly make $1 equivalent to N1 .
Jonathan said people will remember him when he lives office. Guess am beginning to see.
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by loomer: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
appini:

him no get choice but to deliver, but make we self give am him own time to work, e too early for us to judge person wey neva even enter office
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by tsdarkside(m): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Excuses.....they are already changing[/b]their statements even before coming to power.....just watching this change govt that will be excuse oriented.......[b].Where is my popcorn this govt of excuses will be fun to bash in the next four years

take it easy na.... grin grin grin

dont forget we still have

AA,ACPN,AD,ADC,APA,CPP,HDP,KOWA,NCP,PPN,UDP,UPP
grin grin grin

a lot of fun ahead indeed.. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

National Assembly Takes Over Power To Control CCT From Presidency / Dapchi Schoolboy ‘Pure Water’ Seller Freed By Boko Haram / Kano And Kaduna Get Lion Share; Six Highlights Of Buhari’s Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.