Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? (51332 Views)

Ladies Your Man Isn't Like This Then He Is No Man / Guys: If A Girl Slapped You What Will You Do / Ladies, Your "NO-TO-SEX" Makes You Even More Attractive To Us (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Truckpusher(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
Justfollowit:

Like you knew me at 17 undecided

I don't think so. I am a firm believer in doing the necessary regardless of its consequences.
Hmm....

Fool me more please

Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
Babymama1:

You are her friend
You should have been firmer in your advise to her not dancing around it
3/4 or women killed,die in the hands of men who claimed to love them
These two people are not yet married so you are not breaking up a marriage but saving a friend from a hell of a marriage
She told you of three slaps,there could be more she is is hiding to protect your image of her man.
If she marries him,it will only get worse I assure you that
No amount of "obedience to his powers" will stop that,if it's not this,it will be the other
Save your friend from a future bad marriage and save her future kids from that model of an abusive father and husband
Tell her the plain truth and the whole truth
Her man lacks self control,is a domestic tyrant and an abuser and not who she should be with
Tell her she should have enough self confidence to deserve better

If you still don't want to be involved ask yourself this question
Would I want my daughter or my sister to be married to that man

If you can't answer yes to that question ,be a good friend and tell her the truth,it's up to her what she dies with that truth
You may be saving a life

You didn't really expect me to have loudly spelled it out she should quit. Did you?

The woman in question is an adult, capable of making good and sound judgment. ...

You know how it works na!!! Tell them the truth, they later settle with the person, and you're now the rude intruder. ...wondering in Alice palace...

She has made her decision. ..There are scores of incidents of domestic violence choking up the social media. ...

If she didn't decode the subtle messages her sent across, and instead went ahead to willingly commit her face to the hands of a diagonal slapper, it's her call. It's her decision; it's her face. ...
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
freeboy604:

My problem with her is she came crying before you, no remorse for the role she played that lead to this issue, we should learn to play down when our partner is getting hot, it will go along way to avoid such situation.

The good thing is that she went back and both of them should learn from this and try to avoid future occurrence.

After the third slap in 4 months and maybe more?
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by XBLadez: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
MzNelly:
If you hit me, I'll kick your balls.

Then dump you.
If ur leg no reach nko?
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Hmm....

Fool me more please

Duh angry
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Come again then. cheesy

It looks like something I could......ruffle. embarassed
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
dearpreye:

You didn't really expect me to have loudly spelled it out she should quit. Did you?

The woman in question is an adult, capable of making good and sound judgment. ...

You know how it works na!!! Tell them the truth, they later settle with the person, and you're now the rude intruder. ...wondering in Alice palace...

She has made her decision. ..There are scores of incidents of domestic violence choking up the social media. ...

If she didn't decode the subtle messages her sent across, and instead went ahead to willingly commit her face to the hands of a diagonal slapper, it's her call. It's her decision; it's her face. ...

Then what is the essence of your thread just asking?
What are friends for?
So what if they settle with you,is that more important that being truthful to a friend
I will rather lose a friend over telling them the truth than keep quiet and watch them make a major mistake
If this girl gets very hurt tomorrow,you will blame yourself for not speaking up when you had the chance to

Well I guess I am speaking for me
You asked our opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Truckpusher(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Justfollowit:

Duh angry

Why you dey vex ? oya chop one kiss kiss grin
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by martineverest(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Yeah....i like dat
MrsChima:
My man has no business hitting me period! I got brothers!
XBLadez:

If ur leg no reach nko?

I jump grin grin
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Truckpusher(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
MzNelly:

It looks like something I could......ruffle. embarassed
I pray you've got the time to comb them back the way you met them. cheesy
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by stanley095(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why not as long as the cash full ground
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Babymama1:

See, I couldn't tell her to QUIT. I only told her he wasn't going to ever change. ..I expected her to understand the message....

I'm surprised she is still headlong into it....
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
I pray you've got the time to comb them back the way you met them. cheesy

Ha.

Do you also pile your undies according to their colours? smiley
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by HyDef(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why should a man slap a woman he 'loves'?

And why should a woman stay with a man who assaults her? There's no excuse. Leave his sorry butt. He's gonna do worse cuz right now he doesn't feel that he 'owns' you.

Once he gets that feeling, it's not gonna be sexual healing.

Once his ego makes him feel like a true alpha male, he'll turn you submissive, making you do everything he wants and giving you no room for opinion.

It's either his opinion or none.

Once again. Dump his sorry butt.
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Truckpusher(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
MzNelly:

Ha.

Do you also pile your undies according to their colours? smiley
Nope tongue
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by XBLadez: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
EggovinMma:

[s]
Yes.Unfortunately, he will never stop.
Na from slap e dey start o, before e enter blow for eyes.
She better run for her life.Any man that hits me just don't want a step further in the relationship, because after that, the affection will just dissappear fiam! ! From my eyes.[/s]
Bullshit! My girlfriend used her shoe heels on me second week after we started dating. We're past one year now and she hasn't even raised her voice on me since then. Why? I later found out she flares up easily each time she's seeing her thing, and somehow we've been able to tolerate and manage each other.
One slap is not enough to call off a relationship.
You may thank me later!
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
dearpreye:

See, I couldn't tell her to QUIT. I only told her he wasn't going to ever change. ..I expected her to understand the message....

I'm surprised she is still headlong into it....

Honey some people may not get it that way
If she was reasonable enough she would know not to put herself in that situation
She asked your opinion,you shouldn't be afraid to give it and expound on it and damn the consequences
Show her raw statistics and examples of domestic abuse
Show her stories of women that stayed on and what became of them
Tell her she cannot change him if that's what she thinks will eventually happen
There are tons of articles online on domestic abuse and warning signs,send them to her to read and read them with her.
Some people need to hear this drummed into them
Encourage her to seek counsel from her own parents and hear what they tell her
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Nope tongue

I for talk tongue
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by malachytochukwu(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Op your write up is very shallow, u didnt tell us what she said or did that resulted in such an argument. You and I know that some ladies can't really control their mouth sometimes. Talking back to the man has caused many marriages to disintegrate, something that could have been averted by simply keeping quiet while the man still boiled. However, I wouldn't support any man that lays his hands on his girl friend or wife, it's a sign of lack of maturity and anger control. At that age even her parents don't beat her (at least most parents respect their daughters at that age bracket), so why should her fiancee do that?
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Babymama1:

What are friends for?
So what if they settle with you,is that more important that being truthful to a friend
I will rather lose a friend over telling them the truth than keep quiet and watch them make a major mistake
If this girl gets very hurt tomorrow,you will blame yourself for not speaking up when you had the chance to

Well I guess I am speaking for me
You asked our opinion

Dear, thanks for your contribution.

I'm just worried she might tell her man I advised her against him.....
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by nuras: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
Is all part of love grin
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Truckpusher(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
MzNelly:

I for talk tongue
Na there you sef go fear na cheesy
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Babymama1:

Honey some people may not get it that way
If she was reasonable enough she would know not to put herself in that situation
She asked your opinion,you shouldn't be afraid to give it and expound on it and damn the consequences
Show her raw statistics and examples of domestic abuse
Show her stories of women that stayed on and what became of them
Tell her she cannot change him if that's what she thinks will eventually happen
There are tons of articles online on domestic abuse and warming signs send them to her to read and read them with her.
Some people need to hear this drummed into them
Encourage her to seek counsel from her own parents and hear what they tell her

You're very correct. Friendship means TRUTH, when it's NOT convenient.

I'll seek another audience with her...
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
dearpreye:

Dear, thanks for your contribution.

I'm just worried she might tell her man I advised her against him.....

And so what?
Are you afraid he will come and slap you?
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Na there you sef go fear na cheesy

kiss kiss Yo, I'm pleased to meetcha.

Seems you're in a good mood today, sha.

Otherwise, you'll be spitting fire and obscenities.
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by rigarmortis: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Seriously, some girls derive some perverse pleasure form being beaten and maltreated, otherwise why would a sane human stay and accept such shyte.

For some girls no matter how much you try to me them see, they keep telling you they love the guy.

Best time to push your point is after a fresh beating and they are running to you for succour, be brutally frank and disspassionate, preach it to em then, raw and uncensored, each slap is an unwitting invitation for the guy to inflict more harm in the future.

But seriously, after all said and done, some naija girls really deserve slapping.....؛..........

That sharp tongue, and policing nature.........

Damn!
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Why you dey vex ? oya chop one kiss kiss grin
I just remembered, I am a Sagittarius

We easily get detached emotionally, try beating that tongue
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Babymama1:

And so what?
Are you afraid he will come and slap you?

No. Him dey craze?

Didn't want the YOU DESTROYED OUR COURTSHIP talk....

I think I'm being selfish here. ..

I need to still explain to her the consequences of her decision
Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
A slap on my face? The relationship has ended and my love has died.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
rigarmortis:
Seriously, some girls derive some perverse pleasure form being beaten and maltreated, otherwise why would a sane human stay and accept such shyte.

For some girls no matter how much you try to me them see, they keep telling you they love the guy.

Best time to push your point is after a fresh beating and they are running to you for succour, be brutally frank and disspassionate, preach it to em then, raw and uncensored, each slap is an unwitting invitation for the guy to inflict more harm in the future.

But seriously, after all said and done, some naija girls really deserve slapping.....؛..........

That sharp tongue, and policing nature.........

Damn!

Tacitly approved what you condemned!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

This Is The Change Nigeria Is Looking For; Lady Shares Her Transformation Photos / "Two Men Claim Ownership Of Baby After Their Lover Gave Birth In Edo". Photo / What Is The Best Way To End An Argument With Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.