Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid (12849 Views)

20 Dating Mistakes That Can Lead To Messy Relationships / Relationship Mistakes You Must Avoid In 2015 / 3 Dating Mistakes Men Make That Drive Us INSANE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by harrysterol(m): 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
The is always complain about online dating, most people has lost interest, but some are still interested but get frustrated along the way, the is just a thin line separating you from having a lovely date with someone online
Here are the few mistakes I compiled that I think need to be avoided

1 Using of Boring Names

Username is the first thing people look out for that why there are many acquaintances with many monikers here even on NL, I know we Nigerians like to show up, but you don't have to bore everybody with certain username like barristerjane, engineer that or Dr Mike, pick a good user name, either funny,smart or good unique one, Orijin101, alberto2k, mumulecious, gentle soul, fun angel,tosyne2much etc

2. Mind the photos you post

Photos are another serious thing that makes up your profile, don't post unclade, irrational photos, decency can make you stand out,no go post your 1999 photos when you still trying to look human, sweet and clean photos in good background are irresistible, even if na person motor or house borrow carry snap grin

3. Not too Much Adjectives

Don't fill your profile with adjectives, adventures, athletic bla bla bla, simple and precise profile will do, what kind of adventures do you like? All varies, tell us that than just the adjectives, well all need digestive biscuits not cream crackers abeg

4. Poor grammar and spelling
Spell check was invented years ago. Use it. Don’t abbreviate words like "u", "2moro" or "thx" in your profile or emails. Use upper and lower case properly. Show the world that you are educated and normal., little things matter online if you want to be taken seriously, no one is above mistakes but try morality, even me if you abbreviate words to me on private chat i get tired of you easily

5. Don't take things personal

This one goes out to the guys, patience need to be applied here, if someone you interested on don't reply your pm's don't get angry or personal about it, she maybe busy,too much inbox and lot of that, getting someone attention online is consistency, keep trying it till she picks up

6. Politeness

Politeness on conversation goes a long way to define your personality, don't be in a rush to ask unnecessarily demands of phone numbers, nude pictures and the rest, keep calm get your conversation going, you won't even need to beg for her number before it is given to you

7. Privacy

Your privacy needs to be protected, if possible open a different mail for your online dating and different one for official use, am sure you won't like it if your personal mails are spammed, don't even give out every detail about yourself unless a degree of trust is built, we don't need anymore sad stories about online dating, met in public places if is the first day of meeting, no one will be held responsible for your molestation.

#weedcrew your sins are forgiven

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by tosyne2much(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
Woooooow !!!

Wonderful write-up bro

Keep it up
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by nicerichard05: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
jst in case it gets to FP
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by harrysterol(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
tosyne2much:
Woooooow !!!

Wonderful write-up bro

Keep it up
tnx man
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by harrysterol(m): 3:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
nicerichard05:
jst in case it gets to FP
nigga2much wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by sinaj(f): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
gud one op.

ur no. 5 is kul.
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Doilooklikeicare(m): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
FP abeg
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by harrysterol(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
sinaj:
gud one op.

ur no. 5 is kul.
I know it just saved you from lots of pm's reply wink
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by agarawu23(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
sinaj:
gud one op.

ur no. 5 is kul.
seconded most important
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
Tedious pile of praise singing dogshit.
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by lordthree(m): 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
the Only good thing about online dating is you dont have to spend on the girl, but the cons outweigh the pros .

girls like abs so if you are trying to attract girls put abs as your profile pic like mine
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
1000 likes cheesy
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by harrysterol(m): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
lordthree:
the Only good thing about online dating is you dont have to spend on the girl, but the cons outweigh the pros .

girls like abs so if you are trying to attract girls put abs as your profile pic like mine
sweet profile pic just like what I stated

1 Like

Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hmm nice one Op.. Front page stuffs . Lol
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
Blackett:
Tedious pile of praise singing dogshit.
why are you so painedundecided ?

keep calm and shvt the fvck up cool
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
smiley
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
Orijin101:

You're an _idiot!

Explain to me what is "pained". And then correlate it with the comment I made.
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
Orijin101:

Lol
He's always pained
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Blackett:
You're an _idiot!

Explain to me what is "pained". And then correlate it with the comment I made.

One thing i like about you is that your _stupidity is so didactic! you need not to tell us before we see it in you grin
_foolish _imbecile

1 Like

Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
Blebleswag:

Lol
He's always pained
the _foolish kidult needs jegaquinegrin
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Orijin101:

[s]One thing i like about you is that your _stupidity is so didactic! you need not to tell us before we see it in you grin
_foolish _imbecile[/s]
Jejune diversionary tactic.

What is "pained", and how is it correlated to the comment I made about this thread rightfully being a tedious pile of praise singing dogshit?

Either you answer or you're a confounded heap of mental flatulence.
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Orijin101:

the _foolish kidult needs jegaquinegrin
lol.
U sure say jegaquine fit cure am?
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Blackett:
Jejune diversionary tactic.

What is "pained", and how is it correlated to the comment I made about this thread rightfully being a tedious pile of praise singing dogshit?

Either you answer or you're a confounded heap of mental flatulence.

chai! eejit blackett is askin me the meanin of "pained" ooo grin

www.encyclopedia.com

try it bro, i guess it help tongue
dunce!
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by falconey(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
interesting.......
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Blebleswag:

lol.
U sure say jegaquine fit cure am?
i hope so, not sure sha grin
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by lordthree(m): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
ROUND ONE FIGHTgrin
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Orijin101:

chai! eejit blackett is askin me the meanin of "pained" ooo grin

www.encyclopedia.com

try it bro, i guess it help tongue
dunce!
Still making zero sense. . . Not that I expected sense from you, by the way. But for once, I was trying to get you to say something intelligible. . . Dumb fvck.

Never ever disturb my mentions, unless your life and miserable existence wholly depended on it. Simplistic fvcktard.

1 Like

Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lol thread about to get derailed ...
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Blackett didnt u see my post
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Orijin101:

i hope so, not sure sha grin
Lol
Re: 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lala247:
Blackett didnt u see my post
Where?
Blackett:
Where?

Said hello

Mayb u didnt see ur were busy smiley hope ur good tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Married Man? / Guys,for Your Eyes Only! / Every Guy Biggest Problem..official!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.