Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,203 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities (67150 Views)

"Buhari Fights Corruption In NASS With Insecticide, Uses Deodorant At Executive" / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / You Can’t Determine How Buhari Fights Corruption – APC Replies PDP Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
jantofubu:
iranu

Abasha' ko ma la di...
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by manny4life(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
babyosisi:

Shebi he said he did what he did to the press back then because it was a military regime
E go do una vam for eyes

Serious one, my fellow Nigerians don enter one chance... grin grin
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Legendoscar2: 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Payback's a bit.ch cool

Ait threw all ethics to the wind during the presidential campaign. They should emulate Channels tv.
Guy, channels TV is PRo APC do your research before you quote me

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by lomprico(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
Azo:

Who is this?? When has goats learnt how to use the internet??
Then u shld be ashamed of urself that a goat now have the same IQ with u.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by mek2002(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
Dokpesi messed up. Good for him
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by masqot(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
The Beginning of the End - Season II. The main Actors are GMB, Raymond and AIT.
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
taharqa:

Did AIT go anywhere as far as Sahara Reporters went in totally opposing GEJ throughout his 5 yrs in power?? Did President Jonathan for once restrict SR and other opposition leaning media house from covering his activities or those of his Govt?? Didn't GEJ even give interviews to SR??

Imagine Obama stopping FOXNEWS from covering his activities or those of the white house cos of that station's deep opposition to him during the course of his campaigns and even after. Can what AIT did to Buhari, whatever that is, ever be comparable to what FOX did to Obama??

Are you this dumb? Sahara Reporters is an online newspaper based in New York, not like Punch, Nations or Tribune that can be walked into and shut. Buhari remains a private citizens till May 29 and as such determines who covers his activities.

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
TeamSimple:

Dude,Buhari hasn't ban AIT,he only wants them out of coverage of anything that has to do with him..which I think is owk. The character assasination attemp AIT carried on the General is Heartbreaking for the Mass Media.
smh

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lemon12:
U see .... Them never swear am in

He don dey ban press ....

Have we heard of Goodluck banning Tvc ,sharareporters nd co. Before

Truly Gej is a Democrat

Naija don enter one chance
sharrap... Which yeye democrat?... Gej that ordered soldiers to seize news papers at one point.... Besides Buhari didn't ban them.... He only bared them from nosing into his business...

3 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by MadCow1: 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
When you see something going wrong and you fail to speak up just because it doesnt concern you,one day you will reap the fruit of that wrong.

What is going wrong?

When AIT was airing their documentary 12 times a day on Buhari, you didn't say anything. Now all that we are asking is that they continue and you are preaching to me.. grin

Nne, let's all stick to our true colors.. In the words of our outgoing First Lady; " Continu.." grin

4 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
Good 4 them. Ait is a nonsense station that allowed themselves 2 be used.

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by PentiumPro(f): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
AIT will get a dose of what GEJ gave to NN24 after the 2011 elections. grin
Karma is a silly biattcch
AIT should get busy airing more of hate documentaries on GMB and Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by ohenhen1: 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is going to be good. No more federal money for the media.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
manny4life:
As a President Elect, he's barring them, what happens when he becomes president? Punch and their likes printed a lot of damaging articles; SR abi what's that's his name attacked GEJ administration but NEVER did GEJ bar any of them from press activities. Buhari doesn't like criticism, I can't wait for May 29 to come, Nigerians will see the real man that they voted into office.

I smile at the posture of his followers here, young educated graduates totting smart phones and posting freely on social media supporting the victimization of a media outfit.

Let me remind them that when a section of the country supported boko haram to slaughter Christians during Sunday services, little did they know that boko haram will still bomb mosques and Muslim settlements.

Nigerians with short memories.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by all4gud(m): 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
I view this as chidish and immature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Feraz(m): 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
help3852:

Manny, no need arguing with some folks on here, as far as Its about APC, they are always right. if you still believe in the country Nigeria, pray for her ; many have been bewitched better still hypnotized with propaganda.

Its a pity.
This bitterness and hatred will set this country ablaze One day.
Honestly, I just tire for Nigerians. As much as I dislike GEJ, he tolerated the press and despite all said against him, he never used his powers to close any of them. It is surprising to see people hailing this. I just hope they do not come back to cry foul when the stations left portray the incoming administration as a saint.
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
sharrap.... Gej ordered soldiers to seize need papers at one point..... Buhari is simply do in the same.... Besides, he didn't ban them.... He bared them from nosing into his business...

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by isbish(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
GboyegaD:
This is a childish act. The general and his advisers should please grow up.

Did u tell AIT to grow up when they were showing those character assasinating lies against him? Come on bro, quite being blatantly biased.
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by TeamSimple(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
eaglechild:

He is a public figure and the president elect.

His activities are public.

His swearing in is a public event.

Once he takes up that mantle of leadership he will be even more exposed to the public than he has ever been.

He has not seen anything yet and he is already bawling like a toddler.
You see the problem. So what do you call AIT unprofesional act. The media is meant to be the fourth arm of government,so what do we do to a medium that tends to play Bias,prejudice and selfish role? My bro,I think we cut em off before they implode something of a national mess. Party affiliations aside the act of AIT is so condemnable and unprofesional. We don't need such medium in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
Balkan:
Babaonechance at it again clamping down on the press.
He does not know that he is going to rule by decree again

How did he clamp down on the press? He has every right to bar anyone from covering his activities. After all, he didn't stop them from running their businesses. He just doesn't want those ediots around him

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Bambela(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
u see this dictator has started showing who he is. what did Jonathan do Sahara reporters that never talk anything good about him. GMB is a dictator and had not align himself in any democratic process
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by domejike(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
sirvic01:
President-elect, General Mohammadu Buhari may have just started a revenge mission on the African Independent Television, AIT when, Monday, the security men attached to him barred the station's correspondent, Bebei from covering Buhari's functions.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/hate-campaign-buhari-fights-back-bars-ait-from-covering-his-activities/
good rubbish. Thank God this is the era of freedom of information and not the era of decrees and promulgations. He should try the law, then he will understand the difference between democracy and dictatorship when the law takes its full course
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by manny4life(m): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

You are a hypocrite jo so just shut it. You making it sound like the press is beyond reproach. I didn't hear any of you Buhari haters condemning Ait for airing those caustic and viciously defamatory documentary against Buhari -- even going as far as defaming his dead family members.

Besides, he's only barred them from covering his activities at least till further notice. He's president today in spite of haters like you who will never see anything good in his actions regardless.

Oh please, shut it... What in the world are you ranting about? What concerns me with the press and their business? What part of my post suggested the press is beyond reproach? Are you okay? Everyone has a freedom of speech and like the press, they have the same preserved freedom. However they choose to exercise it, that's up to them. You may not like it, but you cannot remove such right. If a person or a govt feels aggrieved against the press, that's why we have a court of law... Seek redress there.

I don't care whether he's president or not, whew... That's the least of my problems. For all I care, that's you people's problem, I am thousands of miles away from you... So he should govern Nigeria how he wishes..

That's why I said, let's wait till he becomes president, till then..

2 Likes

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by ionsman: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Borderless:

Someone in his position shouldn't do that. It's silly of him! Two wrongs don't make a right. Is that how he'd be treating everyone who goes against him?
Ait went too far.....Its painful.

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by mikolo80: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
papaejima1:
Does he have the right to do that?
I thought there is freedom of and for the press in this country.

Aswear this man go soon use him hand dig him own pit and when him fall inside with his two eyes open make him no call anybody oo
There is also freedom of privacy from stupidf press

1 Like

Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
raumdeuter:
They should follow Jonathan to Otuoke and cover his daily activities after May 29

GEJ is going Higher..
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Tvegas(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
hansad:

Help yourself, Leadership edition was stopped for one day by soldiers as it published information compromising security of soldiers in the war front against BH.

Leadership newspaper was terrorised all through GEJ tenure with their managers locked up using some frivolous excuses. Is it our demoralised soldiers who don't have arms to fight that they will compromise? They were already compromised by GEJ grin.
It's you that didn't master your history lessons.

Ride on Baba. It's time Nigerians start sticking to what they believe. It's cowardice when you change position at every turn.
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

You are a hypocrite jo so just shut it. You making it sound like the press is beyond reproach. I didn't hear any of you Buhari haters condemning Ait for airing those caustic and viciously defamatory documentary against Buhari -- even going as far as defaming his dead family members.

Besides, he's only barred them from covering his activities at least till further notice. He's president today in spite of haters like you who will never see anything good in his actions regardless.
Don't mind the hypocrites!
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
KLand:
This is bad omen. Hope he has been schooled on freedom of the press?

Is he a dunce ? Or are we talking about a toddler ?

A leopard and its skin does not CHANGE..
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
Bambela:
u see this dictator has started showing who he is. what did Jonathan do Sahara reporters that never talk anything good about him. GMB is a dictator and had not align himself in any democratic process

Can a leopard change its spots?
Wait till he gets a hold of face bookers
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by kelvine(m): 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

allanphash7:
Cant just stop laffin at ur previous quote

Av read and read it again

Lwkmd
Re: Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
buhari still does not know/understand what he was elected to do...We are laughing already ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Certificate Number Missing In Buhari's WAEC Certificate As Man Shares Photos / Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) / Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To Air Peace Owner Offering To Fly Muslim Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.