Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (42796 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I Told My Hubby To Stop Using My Money.am I Wrong? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 12, 2015
andyanders:

Good advise for the lady.

Op. understand that you messed up by taking your husband's wallet in the first place. Also your mother inlaw maybe wouldn't want to start getting involved in settling issues you have with your husband. Since both of accepted to come together as husband and wife, you should try to sort out things yourselves.

Apologize to your husband and see that she reconcile you with your mother inlaw.

Her husband messed up by taking all the keys, that is very aggressive. How would you like to be locked out of your home, very disconcerting. They both did wrong.

6 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by creamynuela88: 10:32pm On May 12, 2015
obiak4:
IMO FIRST TRY TO WIN YOUR HUSBAND OVER TO YOURSELF AND APOLOGIES TO HER SIKENA

Apologize to who? Did u read what she wrote at all? Pls go back n read btw d lines... slowly!!!

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 12, 2015
Gud1:

But in this case the mother inlaw is innocent. Why did u ladies hate MIL's with passion?
Seriously, d mil is innocent Innocent and ignored the tears of d woman as she was crying?. I think she's just a silent killer.
Btw, we don't hate mils its just a womanly thing. We r often jealous of each other

5 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Gud1(m): 10:43pm On May 12, 2015
qbd2:

Seriously, d mil is innocent Innocent and ignored the tears of d woman as she was crying?. I think she's just a silent killer.
Btw, we don't hate mils its just a womanly thing. We r often jealous of each other

Maybe the MIL is tired with her calls for every little issue that ought to be settled between the lady n her husband. The woman is just the cause of everything

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 12, 2015
Gud1:

Maybe the MIL is tired with her calls for every little issue that ought to be settled between the lady n her husband. The woman is just the cause of everything
I don't like dis side ur taking. No matter what, she shouldn't continue ignoring her.if she ignored her at dat time alonme then no probs but even afgterwards?
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by creamynuela88: 10:45pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

yeah i know i was wrong to have taken my husband's wallet, but i got desperate cos i was at a loss at what to do, my husband was not budging, my MIL wasn't taking my calls, i was trying not to involve my parents cos[b] I know my husband doesn't like my mum [/b]and I was really running late. exam was at 7am the next day and it was almost evening and I hadn't left my city. I finally got the the exam city at 1am and was taken straight to the hospital. I was able to do the exam after pleading with the doctors to discharge me from the emergency room that morning. luckily i passed. Thank God

Parts in bold explains it all... he doesn't trust his kids with someone he doesn't like n it's also possible his mum doesn't like Urs that's y she refused taking ur calls. Well all I can tell u is to make sure u make peace with ur hubby cause it's you two that leave together. As for ur MIL always respect her. And most importantly always know that no other woman can ever truly accept u as her child when she never gave birth to u, no matter how kind she might be.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by SOTNEG(f): 10:47pm On May 12, 2015
I have read ur write up and the advice of people. My dear u started dis whole drama. Two people cannot b at fault in a particular thing. One will take action and the other reaction. I thought ur Bible said u should submit urself to ur husband. And dat ur husband is ur head. What if ur husband had refused to allow u take the exam? Why would u question where he wants his children to be? My dear stop comparing ur family with his and deal the ego problem u have. Ur family is not looked down in any way here, so stop the pity mentality so dat u stop feeling like u are been marginalized. Don't follow d advice of equality btw men and women here on nairaland.
Pls go and apologize to ur husband cos dat ur Bible said dat disobedience is worse than the sin of witchcraft. Do u get it. Look the Bible and the Example of pple like Sarah etc who obeyed even when it hurts. Follow d manual of d initiator of marriage institution. Ppl of dis our days wants us to believe dat d man and woman should share authority. What has it resulted; break up in marriages. America and Europe preaching such doctrine have failed in dia family settings. My contributions is not to excite but to tell u d real truth. Leave ur mother-in-law alone she is not ur husband. Make peace and win d heart of ur husband through ur undiluted love and unquestionable loyalty. Every other thing will fall in place. I hv read pple saying stand for ur right cos 2moro they might limit u access to ur children or ur parents. Don't ur parents hv sons day can give dem grandchildren in d house? My dear for ur husband to still be confiding in his mother shows dat u have already started failing. Thereby making ur husband to still value d old relationship wt d mum. Wake up. Wake up.. Wake up.... Nobody should b close to ur husband than u. Think of dos little tins dat mum use to do for him and fill in d gap. Imagine provoking ur love to heat. Pls read anointed books about marriage.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by jayedu108: 10:47pm On May 12, 2015
@op you married ur husband because of money and not cos of love kindly endure the suffering nah cos u saw all dis while u guys were dating but cos of the money u stay put so try sort dis out urself.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by dinachi(m): 11:03pm On May 12, 2015
@Op pls be careful of evil advice from here as a lot of poor women from poor wretched homes and destitute husbands will be on your case here trying to discourage you and destroy your marriage. It is called jealousy! Pls stop giving information about your home to the public. It is not wise. You are a great lady already with a great husband and a great marriage, be thankful to God and submit to your husband and I promise you will continue to enjoy your home. Gods grace.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by RiffRaff: 11:04pm On May 12, 2015
If you are reading this and you are Single... Good news for you. I came all the way from the future to deliver a message to you.
Its a simple message:
"No matter what you do, Please i beg you on bended knees, dont ever get married".
It is a needless trap... With the kind of stories i read here on Nairaland everyday, no one in his right sense will open his|her eyes and walk into the bondage Nigerians call MARRIAGE.
Everyone feels their own choice will be different till they make the choice of UNHAPPINESS & Misery for the larger part of their lives.
If you finally sucumb to societal pressure, make sure you do not marry a Nigerian.

That being said: The Moral of the story is:
1. As long as u are rich & can buy italian wears.. A Nigerian woman will love you no matter what you do to her. Smash her head with a Baseball Bat, just make sure u have money.
Lock her out of the house like you lock a dog out of a cage.
Deprive her of making decisons in the lives of her child because, she is just a baby making vessel that is meant to pop out children.
Once you are richer than her Family, have no regard for her parents cuz afterall, what does an Ant have to say in the gatherin of Elephants.

Make money in Nigeria. You will find "unconditional" Love.

This is the story that Jesus saw in his crystal ball &
Jesus wept.....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by pek(m): 11:13pm On May 12, 2015
Sorry i stumbled in this thread late. I guess by now you would have sieved from the various posts here. One thing I like and admire about you is your truthfulness. You presented issues the way they happened. You didn't try to water down anything or paint anybody black. For your MIL, she is wrong. I am also a councillor and it is not in all cases you hold on to the gospel of non interference. This is where wisdom comes in. She should at least listened to you, pick your parents' calls and enquired of your injury even if she didn't mean it.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Sunshinelady(f): 11:15pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

yeah i know i was wrong to have taken my husband's wallet, but i got desperate cos i was at a loss at what to do, my husband was not budging, my MIL wasn't taking my calls, i was trying not to involve my parents cos I know my husband doesn't like my mum and I was really running late. exam was at 7am the next day and it was almost evening and I hadn't left my city. I finally got the the exam city at 1am and was taken straight to the hospital. I was able to do the exam after pleading with the doctors to discharge me from the emergency room that morning. luckily i passed. Thank God
. In addition to all d problems u stated above , he doesnt still like ur mum!? I think ur husband has a problem (sori to say), i also tink ur parents shuld also put more effort in protecting u b4 ur hubby (& his mum) kills u, com on, wat if d glass had gone deeper, wat if it hit ur spinal cord? If u get get paralysed (God forbid) he ll just go take another wife. But all in all, i believe no human being is beyond redemption, just cast ur burden upon d Lord, He is d wisest, He ll show u d way

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by iretiland: 11:17pm On May 12, 2015
I dont know you or the details of what may be happening in your marriage and please don't think I'm judging you. But from some aspects of your writing here, I hope you are not one of those ladies who have issues with real submisdion to their husband. I also feel that you have some tendenvy to be arrogant - like those kind of women who will usually say 'I know my right'. If you want real peace, then these attitudes do not bringbthem greatly in a marriage. Pls ignore my advice if you find it offensive or incorrect. But take a good look at and be honest with yourself.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 12, 2015
fem29:

Her husband messed up by taking all the keys, that is very aggressive. How would you like to be locked out of your home, very disconcerting. They both did wrong.

I thought for one minute no one was going to address that.

That is your home. He shouldn't have done that.

And he didn't apologize. Just bought gifts! I think this isn't the end. If he didn't realize how bad he treated u he will do it again.

About your mum of course
Its your duty to protect your mum... Let him know she is your mum. He deserve to respect her just the way you respect his.
I know a family who had same problem like you do now they got divorced cause she couldn't stand her richer husband treating her mum the way he does.
I hope yours doesn't lead there.

Its too early to have such crisis in ur marriage dear.

I wish you the best

4 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by kushsy: 11:21pm On May 12, 2015
Madam..your husband does not like your mother..helloooo!!!! Your Mil shuned your calls n picks her son yet she is a church councillor...I think you better go on your kneels it's obvious you are the one doing the sacrifice in your marriage...

4 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by adesbreath: 11:30pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

Yes, we have a maid. that's why he felt I will come back in his absence to take the kids.

my tone in letting my MIL know was more like the first scenario you put out, i wish i could screen grab it for you to see. i was totally calm cos like I said, I really respect her and i'm pretty easygoing.

It wasn't really key seizure per say, we have a place in the house where we keep all our keys, door, car keys and all. he simply went there and took them away. the wallet and fall on the table were the ones i didn't see coming, it just happened so fast.

my MIL didn't take my parent's calls because she had told them that as a church marriage counsellor, she is of the opinion that couples should keep things between themselves so if they wanted her to interfere in a marriage, she wasn't willing to talk to them.

I'm sure my husband would rather have me have a good relationship with his mother cos he's really close to her but surprisingly, he hasn't brought it up since that day, and I haven't either

I am wondering if every couple keep things between themselves who she now counsels. Just the way u are struggling to understand what went down and seeking our advise that's the way a mother should counsel her children and point them back to the right direction interfering in a couples marriage is very far from advising them,it shows you care and want the best for them in their marriage because marriage is hard work only tough people remain there. I wish you good luck in ur reconciliation. If being foolish is the price of peace find foolish rub it on ur face and have your peace, but be very careful because dead men say nothing, your children that your fighting for might end up with ur hubby or his family. Take care.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 12, 2015
Your husband didn't allow you take the kids to your mum because he doesn't like her or trust her with the kids, and that's not good at all. You need to do something about that and apply wisdom.

I guess you both were struggling for the wallet and then you fell and hit your head on the table, so we can't say it is an issue of domestic violence and he apologised in his own way - the clothes he got you and the kisses.

Anyway, he's your hubby, try to understand him more and communication is key.

Call your mIL in a few weeks or send her a text - like you are just checking on her. Don't mention the incident. After all, she's made it clear to you that "you are on your own"

Its your marriage. deal with your issues.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 12, 2015
Joavid:
Your husband didn't allow you take the kids to your mum because he doesn't like her or trust her with the kids, and that's not good at all. You need to do something about that and apply wisdom.

I guess you both were struggling for the wallet and then you fell and hit your head on the table, so we can't say it is an issue of domestic violence and he apologised in his own way - the clothes he got you and the kisses.

Anyway, he's your hubby, try to understand him more and communication is key.

Call your mIL in a few weeks or send her a text - like you are just checking on her. Don't mention the incident.

Its your marriage. deal with your issues.

I don't think he bought those clothes as an apology.
He probably think his money will buy her forgiveness.

I know it sounds sweet the clothes the kisses and make up sex but really he didn't alter sorry. Or even write it as a note. He will hurt her,buy her gifts and repeat it again.

Not saying sorry is enough apology. He should have shown it in a sincere way. At least talk about it.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Anaskie(m): 11:42pm On May 12, 2015
5minsmadness:
@nickibarb,
The 'hate-peddlers' have arrived grin.
They will blow your issue out of proportion.
Instead of solving your problem they will compound it.
They will make you hate your husband more.. Thier ultimate aim is to tear your family apart rather than bring it closer together.
Take thier rantings and advice and hate-projection at your own peril.

You have been warned.
Nickibarb, in case u didn't see this comment, lemme quote it again.

Some of these Nairaland ladies are sent from hell to destroy marriages.

You have a nice family. Don't listen to some witches here.

Take heed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Richy4(m): 11:42pm On May 12, 2015
Reading between the line, i guess your mother inlaw is an influential person. if not what the hell?

I suggest you ignore her. and keep the relationship between you and her the way she wants it to be. she was the pacesetter. she has set the pace on how she wants the relationship to be. all you need do is follow the pace obediently.

I wish you can write her number somewhere just incase of emergency, then delete it on your phone so that you will not call her again. then when she remembered to call you, kindly ask 'who is this?' nothing hurts old school mums more than when they call and you ask who it was.

then proceed to explain innocently that you do not have her number any more......

just iron things out with your man. that's whom you owe your loyalty to.your mother inlaw is secondary. also keep loving your mum because she will be the one to stand for you when another heat arises. do not neglect her

6 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by SURElee(f): 11:49pm On May 12, 2015
I have some questions I need you to truthfully answer to set yourself free. Cos the truth would set you free anD advice:
1: has your husband being violent with you in the past? While dating, courting or previously in d marriage? I find it odd that for aa wallet aa man wud push and injure hias wife's head and buy u gifts to make for it. Woman, if u'd died from that fall, wud you have worn those gifts in the grave?

2: I believe there's more to this story, no raaemorse from your MIL. If this had happened To her own daughter, wud she have distanced herself?

3: listen and listen real good, if you're in an aabusive marriage, speak up and don't die there like Titi who was killed by her Arowolo husband. Many women keep quiet and suuffer Katherine Obiang kept quietabout the domestic Abusive from her husband(frank edoho) for years and finally he man left and married another lady without finalising his divorce with her.

4: One thing I know is once violence starts in any form, it continues so watch and should you choose to accept clothing and trinkets as gifts after domestic battery, its your choice at the end of the day.
Communication is still the best method for conflict /dispute resolution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nigeriangirl(f): 11:50pm On May 12, 2015
Kegite:

He should have beaten the foolishness out of you.
You are not worthy to be a mother. shocked shocked :

Why won't you let him take care of his children while you party away with your younger boyfriend ??
Hia,ooooo. That was my reaction when i read this line. Lots of people on Nairaland, phew!

Why would you take his wallet ??
Why would you engage him in a fist fight ??
I would encourage him to hit you on a daily basis so you can regain your sanity.
Foolish woman

Talk is cheap, brother. I just read from Sambarry that HEART ATTACK is the number 1 killer of black women and i must say that am shocked to know that considering i was a victim of domestic violence as well. Long story short, i walked out but not with my health optimal cos i now have Thyroid issues with all the HBP, palpitations etal.

In a bid to be candid or whatever it is u call it, u have succeeded in ONLY emphasizing why the marriage institution is gone to the dustbin like someone wrote.

I tired!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by TDstarr: 11:51pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:
I needed to travel for one day to write a professional exam, but my husband refused to let me take our two little kids (aged 1yr 4 months and aged 3 months) to my parent's house for my mum to take care of them. He said he would care for them himself. (Note that his mother was out of town if not I would have taken them to her). I wanted to make my mother-in-law aware of the situation so that I won't be accused of abandoning my kids for my career (you know how judgmental naija society can be sometimes). I tried to call my mother-in-law, she didn't pick up, I sent her a text explaining the situation and then proceeded to call her again. I was surprised to see that she was talking to my husband about the issue on the line that I just tried calling her on, but she hadn't called me back. My mother-in-law refused to take my calls cause apparently she's of the opinion that couples should keep everything between themselves. My husband went ahead to take away my copy of the house keys. He locked the doors and said whenever I was ready to go, he will let me out, in order to ensure that I don't come back when he is out, to take his kids to my parents' house. I had already assured him that I wasn't going to take them away but I was opposed to leaving without a key, since it will be very inconveniencing for me to go on such an exhausting journey, return and not have immediate access to the house. (My husband's whereabouts is usually very difficult to discern on account of the nature of his job-politician). Again, I tried to get my mother-in-law to intervene and ask him to let me have one of the keys but she still refused to take my calls. I sent her another text. I was running late so I proceeded to take my husband's wallet which he left in one of the rooms. My intention was to use it as an exchange item so I can get the keys from him.

Unfortunately, this got him very mad and in a bid to get the wallet back from me, he pushed me and I hit the back of my head on a glass table resulting in a head injury as revealed by a CT scan. In all of this, my mother-in-law still refused to take my calls even though she could hear me shouting and crying through the phone (recall my husband was intermittently on the phone with her while the fracas was going on). Since that day, I haven't called her again, and she hasn't called me either. Even when my parents informed her about my head injury via text (since she wasn't taking their calls), she still failed to give me call to find out how badly hurt I was. She has come to our home one day since the incident, I was taking a bath, by the time I was done and came to the living room, she was gone. I don't think she asked after me but I didn't ask my husband whether she did. This is someone I have loved and respected as a mother all this time, we have never ever had even one disagreement. By refusing to get involved, she has effectively destroyed our cordial relationship. I cannot honestly say that I feel like she cares whether I live or die as long as we obey the golden rule of keeping everything between ourselves as a couple.
My issue is, I'm not happy about the fact that we've fallen into the category of MIL and DIL that do not get along. My question is, am I right to feel aggrieved, and am I right to have not made any effort to reach out to her for more than a month now, considering that this means that she has not interacted with her grand children all this time? What would you suggest I do?
you acted very childish by taking the wallet, what did u expect before, you don't have strength you are following your husband to drag, mayb he did not want to me lonely that's why he insisted the children stay but male ego can't let him tell you, and your mother inlaw did not want to interfere cos she knows you guys act childish a lot. I did not see anything she did wrong, I even loved the way she ignored, it's very mature, just try to understand and learn to give the benefit of doubt not everytime you must be right.... speaking from a married man's point of view
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by TDstarr: 11:54pm On May 12, 2015
kweenkong:
Yes you are right to feel aggrieved , but i am still at a loss as to why your mother in law reacted that way. you need toanswer some questions.
1) why do you think your husband disagreed with taking the kids to your own parents?
2) Are you sure there is not a deeper rooted issue?

If i were you, i would forgive her but never forget , and when i take stock of my well wishers she will not be included. Would treat like a long distance relative. No unnecessary fraternizing. i greet her ,serve her what i have to offer and disappear into the inner reccess of my room. And honestly you were wrong trying to force your husbands hand by siezing his wallet. That was a direct challenge on is authority. Did you eventually write the exam as scheduled?
so when mother in law and wife don't agree don't you think thehome will break?i can never understand women, if she interferes it's problem, she did not say anything it's problem, marriage is for matured mind not children, forgive and forget simple, it's alife something, not forever
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by EyeKandy(f): 11:57pm On May 12, 2015
Damn!!

This thread is filled with irritating comments. Can you imagine a grown ass woman asking, "what if your husband didn't allow you to write the exam?" What?? I need permission to write a professional exam to enhance my career?? Tell me what this is if not stup!dity garnished with low self esteem. I now understand that most Nigerian women get "degreed", not educated for bragging rights and then turn into dummies. Unless you're married to an uneducated chauvinistic man, academic advancement should be a plus.

Madam, forget your MIL for now and deal with the "bruised-head situation". You mean someone smashed your head just because of a wallet and you let it go so easy, but have the energy to worry about your MIL who can clearly do without you. grin grin grin jajajaja I laugh in Spanish. I don't care if you sold the wallet, he has NO RIGHT TO LAY HANDS ON YOU! Period!

OP sounds like a go-getter. Don't let nothing slow down your hustle!!

11 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by TDstarr: 11:58pm On May 12, 2015
nickibarb:

Yes, we have a maid. that's why he felt I will come back in his absence to take the kids.

my tone in letting my MIL know was more like the first scenario you put out, i wish i could screen grab it for you to see. i was totally calm cos like I said, I really respect her and i'm pretty easygoing.

It wasn't really key seizure per say, we have a place in the house where we keep all our keys, door, car keys and all. he simply went there and took them away. the wallet and fall on the table were the ones i didn't see coming, it just happened so fast.

my MIL didn't take my parent's calls because she had told them that as a church marriage counsellor, she is of the opinion that couples should keep things between themselves so if they wanted her to interfere in a marriage, she wasn't willing to talk to them.

I'm sure my husband would rather have me have a good relationship with his mother cos he's really close to her but surprisingly, he hasn't brought it up since that day, and I haven't either
you seem like the sneeky type, want to come back in his absense to collect the kids, not telling him the initial reason, how can the marriage last?
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by teemy(m): 12:01am On May 13, 2015
@nickibarb there is is a saying that says "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it". In a way you expected trouble to exist with your decision to call others to a non existent issue as your hubby had promised to take care of the kids in your absence but you played the they will talk card and at the end of the day that did happen. Another way your hubby could be viewing it could be that you are counting him incapable of watching over his own kids just for a period24hrs of when you would be away for your exam.

With my wife doing similar especially when I complained that her way of raising up our kid by giving in to all his whinnings was not helping matters and when it seemed she just was not listening I excused myself and moved out to a close location to concentrate on my work afterall she was the perfect baby caretaker. I had to hide my laughter when she came around and said she was going to drop the boy and his things at my place as his wahala was getting too much. What I used mouth to complain and complain about a few weeks away was enough to open her eyes to see the truth especially when what the kid would do in her presence he dare not do so mine especially when I give him 'that look'.

Different men with different attitudes to handling situations and though I would say your hubby went over the edge by pushing you, you also pushed him to the wall with your own actions giving semblance to Job's "That which I feared is come upon me". If you let women talk lead you to expect being badly treated in your matrimonial home you will find yourself acting in ways that would sha lead those actions to appear even if they had no reason to happen in the first place.

I wish you would resolve past issues with your hubby as this is an aftershoot of past arguments. Try not to raise your voice at him and vice versa and do not deprive him of his things (I mean a lot more that what I just said). Communicate well and become the friends you once were and do not bore him with little talk like I used a blue colored pot to cook your white dinner (his type of work tends to make one impatient).

You have what it takes to be better (lol), and be the woman he would grow to always respect. Leave the MIL part your hubby would know how to resolve that as he just might have his own reasons for not wanting you guys close. Don't push it. Your main concern is him and try not to say things that strips his ego again, please

Wishing you well - Teemy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 12:03am On May 13, 2015
baibijay:

I don't think he bought those clothes as an apology.
He probably think his money will buy her forgiveness. .

Apology, forgiveness?
You apologise so you can be forgiven, right?

I know it sounds sweet the clothes the kisses and make up sex but really he didn't alter sorry. Or even write it as a note. He will hurt her,buy her gifts and repeat it again.

He can hurt her, say sorry and repeat it again.
The gifts he got her is his own way of saying sorry. You doubt me,Ask men around you.

Not saying sorry is enough apology. He should have shown it in a sincere way. At least talk about it.

She would be very silly to let this all go without talking about it with him.
You don't accumulate issues with your spouse without talking about it

Like her wrote earlier, she knows her husband more than anyone of us here. She should apply wisdom.
Communication is key.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by PMONEY6: 12:12am On May 13, 2015
Madam sorry.
But… your husband na pdp? Cus na dem way. grin
i know of a man with similar attitude!
Try to meet with your MIL face2face, and stop the call or sms tin.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by veave(f): 12:17am On May 13, 2015
Somebody wanted to lock her in and out.
Ended up smashing her head with enough encouragement from his mother.
Disrespects her own parents.
Didn't come home at night and didn't bother to call to let her know why and when he'll be coming back.

She says she's in love.
Issorait!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by emmatok(m): 12:20am On May 13, 2015
qbd2:

Yes the MIL is innocent here.
If she has been involve in this case you will be insulting her, now she decide to stay away you are still angry at her actions.

Her husband might have told his mother not to get involve, so she stayed away.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by obiak4(m): 12:20am On May 13, 2015
creamynuela88:

Apologize to who? Did u read what she wrote at all? Pls go back n read btw d lines... slowly!!!
even if I read a 100times I does not change the fact that she is her MIL ABI??
IN IGBO TRADITION AND IN ALL AFRICAN TRADITION YOU CANNOT SUCCESSFULLY MARRY TO A FAMILY IF YOU DON'T GET ALONG WITH YOUR MIL
FYI WOMEN DON'T MARTY THE HUSBAND ALONE THEY MARRY THE ENTIRE FAMILY
IT WORST WHEN THE HUSBAND IS A WEAKLY
OP JUST PAY MIL A VISIT TELL HER YOU MISSED HER CRY IF YOU CAN ALL NA SHOWBIZ
BEEF SQUASHED U ARE FREE SHE IS FREE
SIKENA NE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.