Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This (42803 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I Told My Hubby To Stop Using My Money.am I Wrong? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nigeriangirl(f): 12:24am On May 13, 2015
SURElee:
I have some questions I need you to truthfully answer to set yourself free. Cos the truth would set you free anD advice:
1: has your husband being violent with you in the past? While dating, courting or previously in d marriage? I find it odd that for aa wallet aa man wud push and injure hias wife's head and buy u gifts to make for it. Woman, if u'd died from that fall, wud you have worn those gifts in the grave?

2: I believe there's more to this story, no raaemorse from your MIL. If this had happened To her own daughter, wud she have distanced herself?

3: listen and listen real good, if you're in an aabusive marriage, speak up and don't die there like Titi who was killed by her Arowolo husband. Many women keep quiet and suuffer Katherine Obiang kept quietabout the domestic Abusive from her husband(frank edoho) for years and finally he man left and married another lady without finalising his divorce with her.

4: One thing I know is once violence starts in any form, it continues so watch and should you choose to accept clothing and trinkets as gifts after domestic battery, its your choice at the end of the day.
Communication is still the best method for conflict /dispute resolution.

SURElee, God bless u. I think there's been history of physical abuse or wahala dey plenty cos nickibarb mentioned telling him she was tired of "fighting", cam't remember the exact word.
To each their own but for me, before marriage and even few months into mine, i was all for staying in it for better or worse till death... till i saw death actually calling with all the attendant health challenges i developed while forming WONDER WOMAN and pretending to everyone all was well while being manhandled at home.

Domestic Violence is a no no for me, every other challenge can be dialogued over and solved but battle of the fists, NO WAY!!!

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by obiak4(m): 12:29am On May 13, 2015
fem29:

Her husband messed up by taking all the keys, that is very aggressive. How would you like to be locked out of your home, very disconcerting. They both did wrong.
marriage is not about who is right or wrong
remember an eye for an eye would make the world go blind
IMO and I do it often if you are annoyed to a certain extent I just leave you no matter what
we should learn to be a "LITTLE"bit Patience
surulere Patience is a virtue in all marriage

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by obiak4(m): 12:34am On May 13, 2015
qbd2:

Seriously, d mil is innocent Innocent and ignored the tears of d woman as she was crying?. I think she's just a silent killer.
Btw, we don't hate mils its just a womanly thing. We r often jealous of each other
word "jealous of each other"
buttu why baby in Igbo man's voice
kayintwa in tiv language
kilo shele in Yoruba language
kenemeni in ukwani language
#WOMANUNKIDE
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by jackpot(f): 12:34am On May 13, 2015
Wedon:

She was already interfering when she took your husband's call and listend to just his own side of the story. So she was on the phone with him all through and heard him beating you up? was she the one advising him to do that

True you have a bond with your husband, but you have neglected to realize that she has an even greater bond with him . . . that of a mother and child. Only truly unique MIL's will choose their DIL's over their sons. And that can only happen when she is very sure you are the best thing that happened to her son.

You, on the other hand, (for reasons I still can't understand) have refused to protect your own mother. Why on earth does your husband 'not like' your mother? And you allowed that to fester Do you support his resentment towards your own mother?

I know people with money tend to be over-bearing, but c'mon, this is your own mother.

If your in-laws cannot trust your own children with your own mother, then something is definitely wrong. And your husband gave you a head injury and his mother still didn't care

Lady you are in for more troubles than you even realize. SMH!
blunt facts staring in your face, nickibarb.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by publicenemy(m): 12:35am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:
I needed to travel for one day to write a professional exam, but my husband refused to let me take our two little kids (aged 1yr 4 months and aged 3 months) to my parent's house for my mum to take care of them. He said he would care for them himself. (Note that his mother was out of town if not I would have taken them to her). I wanted to make my mother-in-law aware of the situation so that I won't be accused of abandoning my kids for my career (you know how judgmental naija society can be sometimes). I tried to call my mother-in-law, she didn't pick up, I sent her a text explaining the situation and then proceeded to call her again. I was surprised to see that she was talking to my husband about the issue on the line that I just tried calling her on, but she hadn't called me back. My mother-in-law refused to take my calls cause apparently she's of the opinion that couples should keep everything between themselves. My husband went ahead to take away my copy of the house keys. He locked the doors and said whenever I was ready to go, he will let me out, in order to ensure that I don't come back when he is out, to take his kids to my parents' house. I had already assured him that I wasn't going to take them away but I was opposed to leaving without a key, since it will be very inconveniencing for me to go on such an exhausting journey, return and not have immediate access to the house. (My husband's whereabouts is usually very difficult to discern on account of the nature of his job-politician). Again, I tried to get my mother-in-law to intervene and ask him to let me have one of the keys but she still refused to take my calls. I sent her another text. I was running late so I proceeded to take my husband's wallet which he left in one of the rooms. My intention was to use it as an exchange item so I can get the keys from him.

Unfortunately, this got him very mad and in a bid to get the wallet back from me, he pushed me and I hit the back of my head on a glass table resulting in a head injury as revealed by a CT scan. In all of this, my mother-in-law still refused to take my calls even though she could hear me shouting and crying through the phone (recall my husband was intermittently on the phone with her while the fracas was going on). Since that day, I haven't called her again, and she hasn't called me either. Even when my parents informed her about my head injury via text (since she wasn't taking their calls), she still failed to give me call to find out how badly hurt I was. She has come to our home one day since the incident, I was taking a bath, by the time I was done and came to the living room, she was gone. I don't think she asked after me but I didn't ask my husband whether she did. This is someone I have loved and respected as a mother all this time, we have never ever had even one disagreement. By refusing to get involved, she has effectively destroyed our cordial relationship. I cannot honestly say that I feel like she cares whether I live or die as long as we obey the golden rule of keeping everything between ourselves as a couple.
My issue is, I'm not happy about the fact that we've fallen into the category of MIL and DIL that do not get along. My question is, am I right to feel aggrieved, and am I right to have not made any effort to reach out to her for more than a month now, considering that this means that she has not interacted with her grand children all this time? What would you suggest I do?

She already made her position on ur family known to you. So put the anger u have on ur husband aside,put ur house in order and put ur mother inlaw where she belongs,[outside ur family] and move on.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by obiak4(m): 12:40am On May 13, 2015
SOTNEG:
I have read ur write up and the advice of people. My dear u started dis whole drama. Two people cannot b at fault in a particular thing. One will take action and the other reaction. I thought ur Bible said u should submit urself to ur husband. And dat ur husband is ur head. What if ur husband had refused to allow u take the exam? Why would u question where he wants his children to be? My dear stop comparing ur family with his and deal the ego problem u have. Ur family is not looked down in any way here, so stop the pity mentality so dat u stop feeling like u are been marginalized. Don't follow d advice of equality btw men and women here on nairaland.
Pls go and apologize to ur husband cos dat ur Bible said dat disobedience is worse than the sin of witchcraft. Do u get it. Look the Bible and the Example of pple like Sarah etc who obeyed even when it hurts. Follow d manual of d initiator of marriage institution. Ppl of dis our days wants us to believe dat d man and woman should share authority. What has it resulted; break up in marriages. America and Europe preaching such doctrine have failed in dia family settings. My contributions is not to excite but to tell u d real truth. Leave ur mother-in-law alone she is not ur husband. Make peace and win d heart of ur husband through ur undiluted love and unquestionable loyalty. Every other thing will fall in place. I hv read pple saying stand for ur right cos 2moro they might limit u access to ur children or ur parents. Don't ur parents hv sons day can give dem grandchildren in d house? My dear for ur husband to still be confiding in his mother shows dat u have already started failing. Thereby making ur husband to still value d old relationship wt d mum. Wake up. Wake up.. Wake up.... Nobody should b close to ur husband than u. Think of dos little tins dat mum use to do for him and fill in d gap. Imagine provoking ur love to heat. Pls read anointed books about marriage.
would save money and buy you big origin because Jesu turn water into wine
op if you read this comment and you are not satisfied ajepe. the devil is dancing owigiri in you marriage

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by elipheleh(m): 12:43am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:
I needed to travel for one day to write a professional exam, but my husband refused to let me take our two little kids (aged 1yr 4 months and aged 3 months) to my parent's house for my mum to take care of them. He said he would care for them himself. (Note that his mother was out of town if not I would have taken them to her). I wanted to make my mother-in-law aware of the situation so that I won't be accused of abandoning my kids for my career (you know how judgmental naija society can be sometimes). I tried to call my mother-in-law, she didn't pick up, I sent her a text explaining the situation and then proceeded to call her again. I was surprised to see that she was talking to my husband about the issue on the line that I just tried calling her on, but she hadn't called me back. My mother-in-law refused to take my calls cause apparently she's of the opinion that couples should keep everything between themselves. My husband went ahead to take away my copy of the house keys. He locked the doors and said whenever I was ready to go, he will let me out, in order to ensure that I don't come back when he is out, to take his kids to my parents' house. I had already assured him that I wasn't going to take them away but I was opposed to leaving without a key, since it will be very inconveniencing for me to go on such an exhausting journey, return and not have immediate access to the house. (My husband's whereabouts is usually very difficult to discern on account of the nature of his job-politician). Again, I tried to get my mother-in-law to intervene and ask him to let me have one of the keys but she still refused to take my calls. I sent her another text. I was running late so I proceeded to take my husband's wallet which he left in one of the rooms. My intention was to use it as an exchange item so I can get the keys from him.

Unfortunately, this got him very mad and in a bid to get the wallet back from me, he pushed me and I hit the back of my head on a glass table resulting in a head injury as revealed by a CT scan. In all of this, my mother-in-law still refused to take my calls even though she could hear me shouting and crying through the phone (recall my husband was intermittently on the phone with her while the fracas was going on). Since that day, I haven't called her again, and she hasn't called me either. Even when my parents informed her about my head injury via text (since she wasn't taking their calls), she still failed to give me call to find out how badly hurt I was. She has come to our home one day since the incident, I was taking a bath, by the time I was done and came to the living room, she was gone. I don't think she asked after me but I didn't ask my husband whether she did. This is someone I have loved and respected as a mother all this time, we have never ever had even one disagreement. By refusing to get involved, she has effectively destroyed our cordial relationship. I cannot honestly say that I feel like she cares whether I live or die as long as we obey the golden rule of keeping everything between ourselves as a couple.
My issue is, I'm not happy about the fact that we've fallen into the category of MIL and DIL that do not get along. My question is, am I right to feel aggrieved, and am I right to have not made any effort to reach out to her for more than a month now, considering that this means that she has not interacted with her grand children all this time? What would you suggest I do?

you are very wrong and have let down your mother in law. So because she is gentle you now take advantage if that? You violeted her privacy . She specifically warned you guys not to disturb her ( with internal family issues of course). You disobeyed her and still further kept malice with such an elderly woman and yet you expecting her to come and beg a child like you first (i dont mean you are a kid but to her you are a kid).

To cut the whole story short, go and apologize to your MIL and appease her or sit back and watch her show you that your husband was/is her baby. You know what mil can do if provoked. Right?
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by obiak4(m): 12:46am On May 13, 2015
RiffRaff:
If you are reading this and you are Single... Good news for you. I came all the way from the future to deliver a message to you.
Its a simple message:
"No matter what you do, Please i beg you on bended knees, dont ever get married".
It is a needless trap... With the kind of stories i read here on Nairaland everyday, no one in his right sense will open his|her eyes and walk into the bondage Nigerians call MARRIAGE.
Everyone feels their own choice will be different till they make the choice of UNHAPPINESS & Misery for the larger part of their lives.
If you finally sucumb to societal pressure, make sure you do not marry a Nigerian.

That being said: The Moral of the story is:
1. As long as u are rich & can buy italian wears.. A Nigerian woman will love you no matter what you do to her. Smash her head with a Baseball Bat, just make sure u have money.
Lock her out of the house like you lock a dog out of a cage.
Deprive her of making decisons in the lives of her child because, she is just a baby making vessel that is meant to pop out children.
Once you are richer than her Family, have no regard for her parents cuz afterall, what does an Ant have to say in the gatherin of Elephants.

Make money in Nigeria. You will find "unconditional" Love.

This is the story that Jesus saw in his crystal ball &
Jesus wept.....
GAY ALERT
HAVEN'T I WARNED YOU NOT TO SMOKE IGBO BROUGHT FROM ABII
I EVEN ADVISED THAT EVEN IF YOU SMOKE SUCH DON'T/NEVER COMMENT ON NL
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by acesoul(m): 12:47am On May 13, 2015
I must commend, you are a girl with large heart,..you've always tried to swim to the tides of every situation,I will advice you keep it up(it will save your marriage the more). No marriage is perfect, issues are bound to arise, just try and be diplomatic in ur dealings, settle the differences btw ur mum and ur hubby peacefully, you can talk it over in bed, make ur mum pay a short surprise visit...don't let the the issue with ur MIL affect you, if she does not want interference "sideline" her, but don't keep grudges, u can even pay her a surprise courtesy visit with ur kids(maintaining an arms length relationship)..uv got enough reason to be thnkful to God for giving you a settled home and a great career. don't allow that ugly events to dig holes of resentments and bitterness in ur home, rather build your home with love..God bless u

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by 5minsmadness: 12:49am On May 13, 2015
dinachi:
@Op pls be careful of evil advice from here as a lot of poor women from poor wretched homes and destitute husbands will be on your case here trying to discourage you and destroy your marriage. It is called jealousy! Pls stop giving information about your home to the public. It is not wise. You are a great lady already with a great husband and a great marriage, be thankful to God and submit to your husband and I promise you will continue to enjoy your home. Gods grace.
. @nickibarb

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by adesbreath: 12:51am On May 13, 2015
Kegite:

He should have beaten the foolishness out of you.
You are not worthy to be a mother.
Why won't you let him take care of his children while you party away with your younger boyfriend ??
Why would you take his wallet ??
Why would you engage him in a fist fight ??
I would encourage him to hit you on a daily basis so you can regain your sanity.
Foolish woman

Do you know her....no matter what seek peace o because the day una kill dis woman u will never have peace. So cool down ur friend and yourself.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Brannyboss(m): 1:02am On May 13, 2015
Gud1:

Maybe the MIL is tired with her calls for every little issue that ought to be settled between the lady n her husband. The woman is just the cause of everything
Had to read this long before someone could say what I was thinking. it's obvious the op calls for interference most of the time.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by subbieD(f): 1:06am On May 13, 2015
Well,Uve said it all......but one tin Dat still stand strong is respect. Men love Dat with passion.Fine,u Most Aff bn doing Dat...but not enough.
Try as much as possible to n it MIL pal, it works alot nd Dnt for once look down on her Cos u stay in Dat house Serzly depend on her to some extent...... Dnt fink u can negotiate with men Wen Dey are angry.... just b calm,dnt b too pushy nd not too smart. It pisses Dem off...alwez try as much as possible to settle fins with ur hubby bfor d third party
Sorry for d pains......things happen know marriages nd u will b like; is Ds not awkward undecided.....but Wen u put God first, u will find ursef at Dt place of dreams......men Aff their own fault too, but Dey Dnt concur..... all d best sis...... nd HML

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by 5minsmadness: 1:12am On May 13, 2015
teemy:
@nickibarb If you let women talk lead you to expect being badly treated in you matrimonial home you will find yourself acting in ways that would sha lead those actions to appear even if they had no reason to happen in the first place.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nyceguy92: 2:06am On May 13, 2015
[quote author=nickibarb post=33656784]

It beats me how a man would be able to care for a 3 months old baby and an equally very young sibling .

It appears he has an axe to grind with your mother . His refusal to have you take the kids to your mother could be a way to express his feelings about your mother.

Instead of calling your mother-in-law on the phone, pay her a visit to find out , as diplomatically as you can , why she behaved the way she did.
I have a feeling she knew everything.

Since you were going for an exam, I doubt that you would concentrate if you were not sure your children were in safe hands.

As for your husband, taking his wallet would tantamount to holding him to ransom and rubbing shoulders with him. I believe he is remorseful for what he did to you.
He may not express it. What you need to do is to apologise with respect to the wallet and ask if he wouldn't mind opening up to you why he insisted on caring for the kids himself. Choose his best moments for this discussion.

My opinion, please.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 2:09am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:

Amazing that your husband pushed you onto a glass table and you hurt your head and all I hear is anger towards a woman that has no hand in your predicament.
Your own husband will not allow your mom to watch your own children and instead of asking why that is so ,you are angry with an MIL?
Are you kidding me?
Your MIL is not your problem nne
Obviously your marriage is a tumultuous one and perhaps she has heard enough,she has her own issues

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 2:14am On May 13, 2015
thorpido:
I can only say that there are deeper issues between you and your husband and the parents-in-law.What issue does your hubby have with your mum?Was your husband aware of this exam ahead of time and did he support you?
I think there is a communication issue between you and your husband that got escalated.

Next time avoid things that could result in violence.Don't seize his belongings.
Didn't he seize her key?

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nyceguy92: 2:19am On May 13, 2015
thorpido:
I can only say that there are deeper issues between you and your husband and the parents-in-law.What issue does your hubby have with your mum?Was your husband aware of this exam ahead of time and did he support you?
I think there is a communication issue between you and your husband that got escalated.

Next time avoid things that could result in violence.Don't seize his belongings.

Yea, there is more to this than the eye can see.

The husband must have issues with his mother-in-law.

One wonders if it is the way things have been in the beginning.

When and why did things change? Where did the rain start to wet everybody? They need to look for the answers.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 2:22am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:

no, he wasn't on the phone with her all through. it was more like after seeing my text message, she calls him to talk about it. I didn't hear her side of the conversation but I know she asked if he was sure he could take care of the kids and he replied in the affirmative.

also, after he pushed me down, (i won't say beat up cos it was more like a struggle to take possession of the wallet), he called his mother after it had happened. while he was talking to her, i started screaming in a bid to make her hear me through the phone, that he was trying to kill me and she has refused to intervene by taking my call).

my husband said he doesn't like my mum cos when we were preparing for our wedding, she was trying to impose her choice of wedding vendors and other details about the wedding on him. i had told her to handle things like caterer, decorations, venue, etc cos i hadn't relocated to Nigeria yet. he relocated before me. i also told him that I had asked her to make decisions on my behalf. he eventually had his way, we did everything the way he wanted and got defrauded by the wedding vendors he chose. I've told him that whatever happened then, is not enough to cut her out of his life and prevent her from having access to her grandchildren. i wish i knew what else to do about it.

You teach people how to treat you and what you accept becomes the rule
If your husband treats your folks like crap and you have accepted it
So shall it be
A man hurts you and buys you a box of clothes and all is is ok
A man that hates your own mother and won't allow her watch your own children
Girl wake up

6 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 2:26am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:

my first choice of who the kids stay with is my MIL, not because I don't think my mum will do a great job, but because I know that's what my husband will be most comfortable with. I'm trying to be the good wife here, to do what pleases my husband as much as possible.

You need to wake up
You need to wake up
You need to wake up
How much louder can I say this
Wake up!!

Every woman's first choice of a caregiver in this case is their mother
How can you have a living mother and your first choice will be your MIL who doesn't care anything about you
You are dishonoring that woman that gave birth to you
The Bible says children honor your father and mother so that your days will be long
Your husband dishonors your mother and you sign off on it
Shame on you

7 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 2:50am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:

Thanks for your suggestion, but what exactly should I say I'm sorry about when I apologise? cos i believe you should be sorry about something when you're making an apology otherwise it's just empty words.

when I got back, my husband came up to me, kissed me passionately and gave me a box of new clothes and stuff he ordered from Italy that had just arrived. I told him i was tired of fighting. i guess that's us making up. he has never really told me sorry before so that's as much apology as I can ever expect. i think the only people who haven't made up are my MIL and I.

No I didn't see this
Kai menene
Tell us the truth how many hospital visits so far and how many beatings have you received sotay your MIL doesn't even want to hear your sorry stories anymore
I don't blame the woman jor even me sef don taya
Why must she be stressed out with your issues
Oya pick out the fine dress they may use to lie you in state next time the glass pieces decide to embed themselves inside your brain
At least you have an option now to make sure you look very pretty on that day as people walk by
This is the most stoopid thing I have read
How old are you sef?

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by esere826: 2:57am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:
I needed to travel for one day to write a professional exam, but my husband refused to let me take our two little kids (aged 1yr 4 months and aged 3 months) to my parent's house for my mum to take care of them. He said he would care for them himself. (Note that his mother was out of town if not I would have taken them to her). .....

u dey find trouble sha
so ur husband is not capable of taking care of 2 children just for one day?
..in this era of technology where he can quickly make a call to any family member for help if baby won't stop crying

how would you feel if he wants to travel for one day, and he gives the car keys and family money to his dad to keep on your behalf? undecided
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by cococandy(f): 3:06am On May 13, 2015
That's too harsh embarassed embarassed

I know why you're vexing sha. All those arowolo cases and co.
Still...
babyosisi:

No I didn't see this
Kai menene
Tell us the truth how many hospital visits so far and how many beatings have you received sotay your MIL doesn't even want to hear your sorry stories anymore
I don't blame the woman jor even me sef don taya
Why must she be stressed out with your issues
Oya pick out the fine dress they may use to lie you in state next time the glass pieces decide to embed themselves inside your brain
At least you have an option now to make sure you look very pretty on that day as people walk by
This is the most stoopid thing I have read
How old are you sef?
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Nobody: 3:18am On May 13, 2015
cococandy:
That's too harsh embarassed embarassed

I know why you're vexing sha. All those arowolo cases and co.
Still...

I mean
How can a grown woman ,a mother of children not realize that the MIL has no case to answer?
The man who does has kissed her and bought her Italian clothes and she is disturbing an Innocent woman
In short I am done with the topic
Hope you enjoyed Mother's Day my dear
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by cococandy(f): 3:34am On May 13, 2015
babyosisi:

I mean
How can a grown woman ,a mother of children not realize that the MIL has no case to answer?
The man who does has kissed her and bought her Italian clothes and she is disturbing an Innocent woman
Hope you enjoyed Mother's Day my dear
it was awesome. My first. It was special smiley
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by megastu(m): 3:42am On May 13, 2015
Madam, you need counselling not Nairaland.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Bollinger(m): 3:45am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:

Feeling aggrieved should be the least of your concerns. Girl, you are in big trouble.
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by pak: 3:57am On May 13, 2015
babyosisi:

You teach people how to treat you and what you accept becomes the rule
If your husband treats your folks like crap and you have accepted it
So shall it be
A man hurts you and buys you a box of clothes and all is is ok
A man that hates your own mother and won't allow her watch your own children
Girl wake up

Hmmm.....spot on. What you allow is what will continue.
It's just that I feel she's not telling us the full story or she's saying it with a slant that gives readers an erroneous impression. Cos there's just something that feels weird about all this
Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by Lanadelrey: 3:59am On May 13, 2015
What kind of "marriage" is this? If I'm right, your husband tried to lock you out of the house while you were planning a trip, then he hurt you and gave you a head injury. And it's your mother-in-law you're worried about? Your marriage is toxic and I don't know what your relationship is like with your husband but it doesn't look good to me. What does your husband have to say about your "head injury", is he remorseful? is this the first time he's hurt you? Are you happy in the so-called marriage? Your MIL is in the wrong but you are not married to her, how is it with the one you're married to?

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by adorablepepple(f): 4:17am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:

for the staying out all night, I've come to accept that it comes with the nature of what he has chosen to do for a living. all i can do is trust him and pray. all i've asked is that he let's me know at night, when he realises that he won't be coming home. at least for my peace of mind. so far he hasn't done it again so lets hope that he has changed.

as for my MIL apology, somewhere in the back of my mind, I know that's what some ppl will advise me to do but I really don't if I have it in me. I feel like all this time she's been acting so nice to me, like maybe it wan't really genuine?
Yeah she has been pretending, because if it were her daughter that was in that situation I don't think she will be ignoring her n proving marriage counselor! Treat her like she treats you, if she treats you like her daughter treat her like your mother ,if she treats you like a DIL, Pls treat her like a MIL, been too Nice atimes is like poison to bad people,hope is not that your husband beats you If he does better open up BTW how d helll did u get married to a man who doesn't like or love your mum Ehn Shoro niyen undecided that means your mum can't come visiting,my dear you have lot of issues to deal with how on earth will ur husband not love(like) n respect the woman who gave birth to you better get ready n cut that apron rope !Pls watch your back and be prayerful very prayerful, don't be only passionate about ur career be passionate about your home and God. Always pray ,pray! A praying woman is a strong home builder!
May God help you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by DollyParton1(f): 5:21am On May 13, 2015
babyosisi:

I mean
The MIL is not innocent per say. At that point that she realised her DIL has been hurt, I think she should have shown care at least. She even came to the house without waiting to say hello to her DIL.

Just like u wrote earlier, nickibarb is not focusing on the real issues here. The problem is with her and her husband.
Your husband doesn't like your mom and you are indulging him. I tell anyone that cares to listen that I dont joke with my parents and siblings, there is no way in hell, that I will allow my husband to disrespect my family, if they haven't disrespected him. He even tried to lock you out because he doesn't want you to sneak back to take the kids to your parents. It shows how much he despises them.

Secondly your husband hurt you (intentionally or unintentionally), and the next thing is to pacify you with some kisses and Italian wears. That right there is a classic sign of an abuser. He dint even appologise or try to talk about it. And you went ahead to collect the the gift. Weldone.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This by sleekman(m): 5:56am On May 13, 2015
nickibarb:

Thanks for your suggestion, but what exactly should I say I'm sorry about when I apologise? cos i believe you should be sorry about something when you're making an apology otherwise it's just empty words.

when I got back, my husband came up to me, kissed me passionately and gave me a box of new clothes and stuff he ordered from Italy that had just arrived. I told him i was tired of fighting. i guess that's us making up. he has never really told me sorry before so that's as much apology as I can ever expect. i think the only people who haven't made up are my MIL and I.
Ure small minded if u think ill of ur MIL. Infact u should be very grateful to her. I'm guessing she's been covertly making ur marriage work. Everyone has their methods of making things work. I guess one thing u'll need to learn is stooping to conquer. What u should do immediately is to send ur MIL an SMS thanking her for her help in covertly diffusing d situation. Tell her u were initially angry u didn't understand her style. Get her a gift as a show of appreciation. I guarantee that would earn u a phone call and make-up make out. Control ur temper, ur tongue and be politely persuasive backed with prayers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce. / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.