Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman (42809 Views)

'All Former Air Force Chiefs Diverted N558.2million Monthly'-Ex-NAF Finance Dir. / Sam Inokoba Is Dead (Ex-Chairman PDP In Bayelsa State) / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Kenobus: 7:38am On Jun 03, 2015
This is how people just tell lies in order to paint the ex-militants bad. How many news do we hear of Sea Pirates in Nigeria? What concerns NiMASA with NNPC pipelines? NIMASA pays for due services rendered. And to say we lose 400000 crude per day is totally unfounded. Yes due to the issue of vandals, the impact of shut down could be up to. This isn't the same thing as theft. What we lose daily is about 40000 or less. In Russia, they lose 150000Bpd to theft; go to Angola and others, it is like that. These are intl racket. Some Nigerians have suddenly forgotten where we were before the protection contracts. With the drop in oil prices, if we go back to less than 700000; the country would be finished. The North/SW need to be very careful. As we speak, the North gets more allocation on the skewed LGAs they have, which are majorly desert. Nigeria needs to be restructured.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by philips70(m): 7:38am On Jun 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

You are a terrorist ode!!!

Yes, I terrorize brainless criminals like you.

13 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by mayorkyzo: 7:38am On Jun 03, 2015
I personally live in warri and have to say to the best of my knowledge illegal bunkering reduced but the problem was now that it was just tompolo and his thugs that were now doing the bunkering with the support of military men..i have to say also the the amount being paid is just too much...the government should look into it..either scrap it or offer them reduced terms and use the cash to fund the navy and other armed forces...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Ajgal10(f): 7:39am On Jun 03, 2015
Honestly Nigerians Dont Fear God even in the kind of things they open their mouth to say. 1.5Billion isnt 5million o! I dont think even Gej made 1.5 Billion from Loot.Talkmore of paying someone monthly.Ahn Ahn....make una fear God o.
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by trillville(m): 7:39am On Jun 03, 2015
DaGC:
I think what should be taken into consideration here is whether there was an improvement compared to before the country. Some of you lots make noise forgetting that the navy do not know the routes of most creeks in the Niger Delta. That was why it was hard for them to stop the militancy actions back then making the government to negotiate considering how much Nigeria was losing daily. Sure, it seems N1.5B is big but people also seem to forget that the contract encompasses security and surveillance in over 4states, so think of the resources required.

And to the re.tards who are always quick to say some of these people dont help any Niger Deltans should also know that there are over 4000 fighters under Tompolo alone, thats employment for 4,000 people, plus these contracts also require other Niger delta labour. Not even gonna talk of the companies owned by other prominent Niger Deltans.

That the empowerment didn't get to you, doesn't mean they don't empower people.

The federal government should directly employ these 4,000 people you are talking about. They should not give money to Tompolo to pay them.

He who pays the piper, dictates the tune.

6 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 03, 2015
philips70:

May God replenish your wisdom. We from the Niger Delta need to see these guys for who they really are. Take a boat from Warri waterside to Okrenkoko and Odidi and wonder what Tompolo has been doing with the billions. The people are still suffering mercilessly.
its annoying...these guys cant even create a link so that all indigenes of niger delta benefit from the proceeds from the niger delta...

What ever happened to the mission of ken sarowiwa and other well meaning niger deltans?....why are the so called militants who are suppose to fight for the majority going senseless all because of greed...

5 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by philips70(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2015
Kenobus:
This is how people just tell lies in order to paint the ex-militants bad. How many news do we hear of Sea Pirates in Nigeria? What concerns NiMASA with NNPC pipelines? NIMASA pays for due services rendered. And to say we lose 400000 crude per day is totally unfounded. Yes due to the issue of vandals, the impact of shut down could be up to. This isn't the same thing as theft. What we lose daily is about 40000 or less. In Russia, they lose 150000Bpd to theft; go to Angola and others, it is like that. These are intl racket. Some Nigerians have suddenly forgotten where we were before the protection contracts. With the drop in oil prices, if we go back to less than 700000; the country would be finished. The North/SW need to be very careful. As we speak, the North gets more allocation on the skewed LGAs they have, which are majorly desert. Nigeria needs to be restructured.

Even the former CME madam Okonjo Iweala has severally confirmed this figure.

9 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Panshow(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2015
Jeeesuuussss.....

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2015
rabimlomo:

No body is fanning any ember of war. Stop this bogotry and realise we are all in this together, north, south, s/w, s,e N/D. Everyone is included. If they collect that amount for trivial reasons, then they should be stopped. We should condemn acts of inhumanity in whatever form and by whoever. Tow wrongs does not make a right.

Bros we need to know how many barrels were lost before the contract was signed.Was Tompolo able to make any substantial savings commensurate with the money the paid him? this story is not complete

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2015
mayorkyzo:
I personally live in warri and have to say to the best of my knowledge illegal bunkering reduced but the problem was now that it was just tompolo and his thugs that were now doing the bunkering with the support of military men..i have to say also the the amount being paid is just too much...the government should look into it..either scrap it or offer them reduced terms and use the cash to fund the navy and other armed forces...
now this maybe true..i wont doubt it...the greed of the likes of tompolo has reached high heavens... angry....they think no more for the majority...these are people that should have helped goodluck fight for the passing of the PIB and all other schemes for the benefit of the niger delta...instead they are enjoying yafu yafu from the oil alone...

5 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by siraj1402(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2015
And of what benefit to his people?Is it not same 'our oyel money'they all continue crying?SMH

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Truckpusher(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2015
philips70:
This is the reason why the president himself needs to hold the petroleum ministry. Even if all other ministries go to criminals there will surely be change.

Where is madam Okonjo Iweala and all her voltrons? They should come and defend this. Nobel and hero seeking ex president and all the town criers please come and justify this. When you stay on Nairaland defending the indefensible this is what happens to our commonwealth.
Tompolo deserves every kobo he is being paid, after all when Madam Folorunsho Alakija was given billions in oil royalties I didn't see you hypocrites condemning it - It was Hosanna and hallelujah because the richest woman in Africa is a Yoruba woman on top of Niger Delta oil. grin...smh

Your hypocrisy will soon catch up with you people and as for those Niger Delta people that are condemning such outrageous pay to Tompolo, I hope you're also aware that people like TY Danjuma and the rest of the Northern parasites and their South west lapdogs has been milking the Federal Government for years without recourse to the damages it will cause for the rest of the country, how much more the wanton destruction of the Niger Delta ecosystem.

I have said it and I will say it again that any Niger Delta individual that has the guts to use violence to get his own fair share of the oil proceed, should go ahead and do it using any means necessary.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by mulattoclaro(m): 7:47am On Jun 03, 2015
There's nothing wrong in Nimasa paying him such an amount. What about the northerners who come to our region to steal our oil? Let him enjoy it and as a matter of fact he should even be given three oil wells in addition to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nayok(m): 7:47am On Jun 03, 2015
Huh[sub][/sub] see u, tompolo don die? Meke him kon defend am say na lie, ODE! angry
okosodo:
lies from hausa kingdom
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by anigold(m): 7:47am On Jun 03, 2015
philips70:

http://leadership.ng/news/438108/nimasa-pays-tompolo-n1-5bn-monthly-ex-chairman

cc lalasticlala, OAM4J

Its this is true its really bad to pay N1.5B to militants when there are millions of job-less law-abiding citizens.

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by IYANGBALI: 7:48am On Jun 03, 2015
Pls this is just to remind all of you that Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by dononics(m): 7:48am On Jun 03, 2015
1.5 billion monthly for lik 4 years is able to repair our refinery and build new ones....dis jona no get brain at all.....

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 7:48am On Jun 03, 2015
dearpreye:
The children of anger and hate should desist from mentioning me to comment on threads. I'll make my contributions whenever I feel compelled to do so. I won't pander to you folks!

I'm ever committed to truth, transparency and fairness. Thank you!

Topic: This was one particular area I almost went mad with former President GEJ. Why give out such surveillance contracts to a militant when we have the Navy and all other forces capable of defending our pipelines. I never approved of it, though he may have his own reasons for so doing. I was never in support of it.

This, and other programs are simply crumbs doled out to our people. True federalism is what we truly desire.

I have never supported enriching some corrupt militants against making robust plans and programs that will benefit the entire region.
You've just said the truth. If that money is used to establish something in the ND, trusst me, you'll get a massive establishment there that will employ and improve the lives there or better still, employ more security agents if we don't have enough. GEJ messed up in that area big time...

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Teal: 7:48am On Jun 03, 2015
Thank God the truth is now coming out gradually. GEJ administration was corrupt far more than we could ever imagined. You'd be surprised GEJ gets proceedings from the alleged 'stolen barrels' of oil. That man was a slow poison! Thank God for change!!!

2 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 03, 2015
WHAT ABOUT THE NORTHERNERS OWNING OIL WELLS.YOU HYPOCRITE SHOULD ALSO CONDEMN IT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Lawlan: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2015
Timpolo is clueless and incapable just like his employer our immediate past president. This clearly shows that they are stealing our oil and money directly using the appointment to man the marine to cover up, everything is a ruse in the first place.

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Borderless: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2015
Did you just know that, why are you just making it public? You're all the same and nemesis will catch up and overrun you!
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by NewsHub: 7:50am On Jun 03, 2015
That is like giving bone to a dog to keep for you. When we voted against Jonathan people thought it was just based on sentiments. Imagine this nonsense!
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by BlackTechnology: 7:51am On Jun 03, 2015
PassingShot:
I am very interested in what Barcanista, Dearpreye, Mogidi (more like Shigidi), SeverusSnape (more like Severe headache), and their fellow Lower Niger Republicans will say on this thread.

Waiting .......

Take away the oil wells in the hands of the Northerners angry

We want true federalism angry

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Truckpusher(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
You've just said the truth. If that money is used to establish something in the ND, trusst me, you'll get a massive establishment there that will employ and improve the lives there or better still, employ more security agents if we don't have enough. GEJ messed up in that area big time...
Get off ya worthless and cancerous hands off Tompolo's birthright.

Go ask T Y Danjumas and the Folorunshos to return the billions they got through oil well allocations.

How much did they work to earn such billions of dollars?

If I were Tompolo ,if Buhari's Government stops paying then the oil stops flowing.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

1 Like

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Bigcake: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2015
Ramcie:
shocked shocked shocked whaaaat? This is bad even with the said amount oil is still being stolen. What then is/was the essence of the contract

By the way FTC tongue
It's their oil so they can do as the like. how can you be giving account to foreigners on what rightfully is yours? for the sake of peace, let the status quo remain. boko haram are doing their own there but till date the sillly former chairman does not know who is behind their sponsorship.
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Ujupsy: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2015
what have Tompolo done for the the lower deltan with such whooping amount of money
For which account this money they enter
Tompolo please help people around you and better their life thru meaningful job created from this money
I don't want to hear that Niger deltan are hungry cos is not govt duty alone, but a collective task
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by billyG(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2015
Jona signed nigeria to d devil on a plater of gold cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2015
Truckpusher:
Get off ya worthless and cancerous hands off Tompolo's birthright.

Go ask T Y Danjumas and the Folorunshos to return the billions they got through oil well allocations.

How much did they work to earn such billions of dollars?

If I were Tompolo ,if Buhari's Government stops paying then the oil stops flowing.

Good riddance to bad rubbish
That's your own problem... I never expected anything better from you. Cheers!!

8 Likes

Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Iroh88(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2015
Flets:
A critical review of the Nigerian situation reveals that Nigeria is at a dead end.

Stopping that contract has dire implications that could crumble the Nigerian economy in a matter of weeks.

Its morally wrong to pay out such funds just like amnesty in a perfect society but almost justified in the Nigerian context its absence could lead to the loss of everything.

Nigeria must adopt true federalism through regional governance to progress. Anything short of that is mere anarchy.

Shallow minds will say, take away the contract and take the war to them. We cannot war and produce crude oil (generate revenue, allocations, Salaries) at the same time. We have to choose one.
You make quite a good point anyway. I would go for developing other sectors while reviewing the contract, and then eventually cancelling it all together. An instant cancellation could have very dire consequences for the country at the moment.

Stuffs like this makes that essay by Pat Utomi so very on point. Have you read it??
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by Truckpusher(m): 7:55am On Jun 03, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
That's your own problem... I never expected anything better from you. Cheers!!
Neither was I expecting anything different from a bloody hypocrite.
Re: NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman by dotune(m): 7:55am On Jun 03, 2015
Don't sweat it. Consider their contract terminated. Baba does not recognise any thug. Let the security agencies handle it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Appoints Anthony Edogbo As Aide / Ejeviome Eloho Otobo: Missing Nigerian Diplomat Found Dead In The US / Calabar Solidarity Fitness Walk For Peter Obi & Labour Party (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.