Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,159 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order (51535 Views)

Hurricane Irma: Photos Of 19 Looters Detained By SWAT Across Florida. / "Zuma Must Fall" Protest Going On In South Africa (Pictures) / LMAO See The Honourable Minister For Water And Irrigation In South Sudan (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by DDoubleUps(m): 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
THis is the same man that our new VP decided to go and celebrate his election victory with, forgeting what he did in darfur and the image that fellows him
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by DickDastardly(m): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
omenka:
I really don't see this falling through. The consequences, as you suspect, would be dire. It would set a bad precedence, creating a very bad blood between both countries which could degenerate into an intractable diplomatic row.

Bashir attended the event with the full assurances of the South African authorities that he enjoys immunity. The president has questions bordering on war crimes to answer, no doubt, but this certainly is going to precipitate events that could stump the alleged war crimes he committed with regards severity if carried out- not to mention the mistrust towards the South Africa such could generate amongst other sister nations.

In addition, there's no gainsaying this would trigger reprisals in Sudan against South African nationals, and if they happen to be many of them resident there, too bad then.

By and large, I don't see this happening.
I personally prefer those dire consequences than breathing the same air as this monster that oversaw the massacre of his fellow country men. As i type this, all i see are the gory pictures of skulls littering the country sides of Sudan back then. People like bashir must be made to pay for their crimes as soon as possible to serve as lesson for many others like him. We must be hypocrites to think of diplomacy when dealing with such monstrous criminals. Where is our conscience? South Africa must do the needful, if not, then every other war and genocide is justified.
To the hague bashir, bon voyage cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by vedd: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
ALISMILE:
arrest Iranian leader for wat? U must reply post,or else!
It will do you a lot of good to study the US/Iran relationship for clarification. This is not to say that the Iranian leader is a war criminal like Al- Bashir.

Away with your "or else"!

2 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by opendo21(m): 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
Tocheagle:
Whats their goddamn business. Am not saying omar is a saint but why do africans always betray themselves and play a bootlicker to the west. APATHAID MENTALITY
man why talking like an illiterates who noz nothinh about crimes he commited..U talking of betraying which u know the kind of crime he had commited u will cry and neva stop..Dunno if u were born den sef cos can still remember vividly death toll of more than a village in the country during the war all ofr him to stay in power..Gud commendation to the SA govt what ur country can't cos of selfish interest oda country will do for interest of all and Gud repetition to the continent..

1 Like

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by atlwireles: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
espn:
how did he escape? In a country where we had a sitting president (GEJ). It means we had an incompetent president. Why didn't he escape from SA.

grin grin grin grin Yet your competent President sent his "mere commissioner" VP made to to his inauguration, as the first calling spot of their government.

1 Like

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Akhimien78(m): 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
manutdrichie:
When are they going to arrest Buhari
that's War!!!!!!
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by bluecircle470: 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
natas22:
That's why Nigeria is a safe haven for thief's/murderers during Charles Taylor issue obj took him. I commend the SA government on that, the blood of innocent souls that died wants justice.

www.
u dnt knw wot u saying[i][/i]
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by adconline(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Tocheagle:
Whats their goddamn business. Am not saying omar is a saint but why do africans always betray themselves and play a bootlicker to the west. APATHAID MENTALITY
So it's OK for African leaders to kill and torture its people, but it's inhuman treatment when westerners do the same? Idiotic mentality!!

1 Like

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by vedd: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
DDoubleUps:
THis is the same man that our new VP decided to go and celebrate his election victory with, forgeting what he did in darfur and the image that fellows him
You obviously dont know that Nigeria govt, thru GEJ also extended an invitation to the same Bashir for the Buhari Inauguration.
This is strictly diplomacy...and Nigeria still maintain cordial diplomatic ties with Sudan.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by martineverest(m): 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
If south africa is a big player in tackling corruption,y havent dey questioned their president 10million dollar home renovation? And y where dey part of fifa corruption case?
ugolance:
SA actually did the needful in detaining the Sudanese President as a big player in Africa in tackling corruption besides being a signatory to the Rome treaty establishing ICC they has the right to do so.
Perhaps, Nigeria lost the opportunity to put themselves on the map as people who are serious about fighting corruption and, shunning leaders with questionable characters when they fail to detain Al Bashir some time when he visited the country despite having a warrant of arrest on his head and despite the fact that Nigeria was also a signatory to the Rome Treaty. Let him face his sins as a war crime criminal.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
pkjag:

I could give you a few, namely Charles Taylor, you name one acting president who has ever been arrested anywhere in the world, SA should stop trying to act like the US, this will not amount to much, tomorrow we'll hear Bashir has landed in Sudan. Prosecute your apartheid bosses first before you try acting like Africa's police.

typical Nigerian. SA is a member of ICC thus they have right to do anything with Bashir. Sudan can not fight SA in terms of Finance or military or Allies.
Its Impunity that brought Bashir to SA. you and i know SA Judiciary is more independent and stronger than any other African countries that Bashir go to receive red carpet reception.
The man has just won another 5 years in office in an election that opposition boycotted.

I KNOW THEY CAN NOT ARREST HIM BUT THE EMBARRASSMENT AND DELAY WORTH IT.....the message is clear "nor be u get ur sef"
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by rhymaholic: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
Even though i support this call, i hope this doesnt end up causing a diplomatic roar between Sudan and SouthAfrica.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
manutdrichie:

When are they going to arrest Buhari

when you finally get the miracle of enrolling into the Nigeria Army and miraculously became a Former Military Governor of North Eastern States of Nigeria, Federal Secretary of Petroleum, A Nigeria Army General , An Army G.O.C ( JoS Command in Particular) A PTF Chairman ( under the late General Sani Abatcha Regime ) Four Time Nigeria Presidential Aspirant( under ANPP, CPC ,APC under OBASANJO, YARADU,JOHNATHAN Democratic RĂ©gimes)
And Miraculously Contest And Defeat Former President Goodluck Ebele Johnathan in 2015 Nigeria presidential Election under APC platform and the Election must be organization under Professor ATTAHIRU JEGA .INEC Command! . grin grin grin grin grin grin Then maybe you can ARREST PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI at an AU submit in SOUTH AFRICA when ICC has issued an Arrest warrant for his Arrest ?? cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by DDoubleUps(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
vedd:

You obviously dont know that Nigeria govt, thru GEJ also extended an invitation to the same Bashir for the Buhari Inauguration.
This is strictly diplomacy...and Nigeria still maintain cordial diplomatic ties with Sudan.
you can not say that conclusively because PMB was the one being sworn in and most of the people present there that day are mostly his people and on his invitation amd if you need any prove as to who invited Bashir, why was he the first person the VP visited after getting to office? And did you hear anything about naija and sudanese relation before buhari?
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by ohenhen1: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
South Africa is truly a brave nation.

3 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
PDPwayoo:

typical Nigerian. SA is a member of ICC thus they have right to do anything with Bashir. Sudan can not fight SA in terms of Finance or military or Allies.
Its Impunity that brought Bashir to SA. you and i know SA Judiciary is more independent and stronger than any other African countries that Bashir go to receive red carpet reception.
The man has just won another 5 years in office in an election that opposition boycotted.

I KNOW THEY CAN NOT ARREST HIM BUT THE EMBARRASSMENT AND DELAY WORTH IT.....the message is clear "nor be u get ur sef"
I am not a nigerian, and what have they done with their SUPERIOR judiciary when they can't prosecute apartheid bosses, or the people who shot the miners at marikana??

2 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by nortcentrallord(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
tiger28:
SA better not go ahead and detain a president of a SOVEREIGN African country on AFRICAN soil . It is the highest level of disrespect. Though I am not crazy about this despot called Bashir, then we should talk about George Bush as a free man today after instigating a TRUMPED up war against Iraq which we later found out that He lied just to get into Iraq AGAINST the UNITED NATION RESOLUTION. The so called war has caused so much mayhem in Iraq till today and lives are being lost daily. I haven't heard of ICC chasing George Bush??

They wouldn't betray their very own no matter how evil he turns to be. They are only good in chasing African Leaders. We Africans are so stupid thinking our salvation lies in America and other slave masters. If they want Bashir, they should go to his country and arrest him. This kind of impunity was what led to the destruction of Libya and right now, PEACE and stability has eluded Libya even for the nest 20years. Africa should better find a way to solve it's own problems rather than believe in some slave and slave master mentality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Ahmeduana(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
vedd:

Give that phone to your parents and look for a toy to play with. There is nothing like VP commissioner.
OH! SORRY THE GUY MADE A MISTAKE, IS SUPPOSE TO BE COMMISSIONER VP not vp commissioner! yeye bunch of o-to-ndo.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Kitsune: 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
Obijulius:
Yoruba fool.

Where did I say the man is Sudan's president? Those pics were taken when the foolish vp was in Sudan

E dey pain you..

Well too bad for you Im not Yoruba. ANyway you can go back to being an ldiot.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by baralatie(m): 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
mulattoclaro:
The west will never mind their business. Have they arrested the god of war called Bush whose actions and so called war on terror led to the death of millions in the middle east? One of the reasons why buhari should cut ties with them and create ties with Russia, Venezuela, North Korea and China.
a beg no be so Nigeria plays international relations.
biko!!
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by knightsTempler: 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
DDoubleUps:

Will you blame him? No! Why? Because Buhari sent him there to represent him, left for him alone, he wouldn't be there.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by baby124: 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
That guy murdered the black Sudanese like they were chickens. I have no pity for this half breed Arab wannabe. I will even attend his execution. These are the tacit supporters of Boko haram. Kudo's to SA on this big catch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Truckpusher(m): 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
Tocheagle:
Let's watch and see how shamelessly these South Africans would hand over an African leader to the West all in the name of doing what is right.

Who actually defines what's right and what's wrong?

1 Like

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by akoaki(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
Exploit200:

O! fool why thinketh like a child.
What abt Bush, Obama, and mumu Zulu king, not in Hege

Having seen your style of writing and the language used, i have decided to forgive you and others like you because you " do not know what you are doing". Ignorance is a poison.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by mulattoclaro(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
henryobinna:
better this way.

should SA do as ICC wants SA should be kicked out of the A.U period!!
why did you rule out North Korea? Are they not a major force too?
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by nortcentrallord(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
pkjag:

I could give you a few, namely Charles Taylor, you name one acting president who has ever been arrested anywhere in the world, SA should stop trying to act like the US, this will not amount to much, tomorrow we'll hear Bashir has landed in Sudan. Prosecute your apartheid bosses first before you try acting like Africa's police.

Thank you for that thoughtful piece. I am ashamed of the guy you quoted though.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Truckpusher(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
knightsTempler:

Will you blame him? No! Why? Because Buhari sent him there to represent him, left for him alone, he wouldn't be there.
Well, if that is the case then there would be problems.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by DDoubleUps(m): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
knightsTempler:

they both work in tandem and he is there because he wants to be there, the blame is not on him alone, but our presidency and that is buhari and him
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Thank you for that thoughtful piece. I am ashamed of the guy you quoted though.
I would actually want Bashir prosecuted but not by ICC, as africans and the AU we should deal with him ourselves, not run to the west whenever they call.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Putin To Encircle Europe With Massive War Games Alongside China & Iran (Pix,Vid) / Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden / Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.