Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order (51118 Views)

Hurricane Irma: Photos Of 19 Looters Detained By SWAT Across Florida. / "Zuma Must Fall" Protest Going On In South Africa (Pictures) / LMAO See The Honourable Minister For Water And Irrigation In South Sudan (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Duru1(m): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
Centrifude:
A While Back Nigerians were patting themselves on the back when those reports attacked Mugabe asking him when he was going to step down and when would the suffering in Zimbabwe stop.

But when South Africans detains a War Criminal and Mass Murderer a A MAN WHO KILLED THOUSANDS OF AFRICANS and now Nigerians are condemning S.A for detaining him.

Let's face the facts, the only problem here is that he is being detained by South Africans you guys hate the fact that its S.A and if it had been Nigeria or some other country you all would've applauded the move.

If the so-called Buckingham Palace is located in Africa, you would have been one of dumbasses in Africa etching to tear it down on the urging of the idiotic British press.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Lordave: 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
ALISMILE:
NO! If Albashir actually committed that crime he shud be made to face it! But that is after Gorge Bush has been made to face d music himself!
I give up. embarassed

We need help in this side of the world
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by vedd: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
fineguy11:
iranaian leader?no iranian leader has been accused of war crimes by the ICC.
I didnt explain because i thought everyone understand the diplomatic row between both countries.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by billyG(m): 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
that is a good one,warcrime overide any diplomatic immunity d fugitve has. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by oshaosha2014(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
neocortex:
There is nothing to be celebrated in this saga, in fact SA government should do everything to scuttle the politically motivated trial instigated by an opposition who thinks pandering to the west is the pinnacle of success.
Till date US is non signatory to ICC charter meaning no American official even if he/she destroys the whole world can be tried at the Hague.
Kudos to the AU for standing their ground.

Why did African countries gullibly sign into that nonsense court. I tire for us o.

1 Like

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by manutdrichie(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
xtervaganza:
whwn u finally agree ojushitkwu was a bearded terrorist who should be burned to death. And his body exhumed and pissed on like the animal shekau that he was

Chai....illiteracy in the north is real
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Lordave: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lobolintin:

Kids and politics.... Taylor wasn't in govt then and was on the run....this man bashir is on diplomatic mission... If SA does that, bet me and you ... The repercussion would be disastrous ..

Buhari partook in Biafra genocide...
Imagine if he was been arrested now in SA, even me would take up arm to defend my President ....
Did you make that statement out of political sentiments, ie, because you're pro APC or you made the statement without any influence, as in you were trying to apply common sense?
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by thuao(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
foolish country. S.AF. today s.Africa tomorrow.
as much as la bashir should face punishment, not this way.
a good deed done in a bad manner is bad at the end.
let him be arrested in his country, or by his country or ICC spies or whoever not in an African country where he is a guest.
the fallout will be catastrophic.
am sure they wonnt hand him over.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Godson201333(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:
A South African court has issued an interim order preventing Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir from leaving the country.

It says Mr Bashir will have to stay until the court hears an application later on Sunday on whether he should be handed over to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

Mr Bashir is in Johannesburg for an African Union summit.

He faces war crimes and genocide charges by the ICC.

The High Court initially said it would issue its ruling on Sunday. But it later postponed the hearing until Monday, when the summit is due to end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-33125728

wow!

He was in SA to attend a meeting but instead got arrested...what a tale!
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Centrifude(m): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Duru1:

If the so-called Buckingham Palace is located in Africa, you would have been one of dumbasses in Africa etching to tear it down on the urging of the idiotic British press.

What on earth are you on about?
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Dino2002: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
George Bush is not facing icc on war crimes committed in iraq,likewise his father for d same crime but al-bashir would because he's from a developing country that cannot contest against the westerner. I think this should be applicable to Vladimir Putin with what happen in Ukraine.

SA should be very careful abt diplomatic issues that can create problems for them.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by stobery(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
RudzSA:
thats ridiculous ...nd refrain from typing that mighty republic of SOUTH AFRICA before taking a bath ..u typing dirt .

I wonder why the xenophobic king is still walking about freely
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by RudzSA(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
stobery:

I wonder why the xenophobic king is still walking about freely
u ppl commit worse crimes on each other ...boko haram , selling ppl meat at hotels ,ritual killings,etc .Nigerians need to stop being hypocrites and face their own issues . We arrest whosoever we want , it's our country our rules ...deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by nonjebose(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
It is just a cheap propaganda. The response of SA official alludes to that. SA govt. CANNOT approve such ridiculous action
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by stobery(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
RudzSA:
u ppl commit worse crimes on each other ...boko haram , selling ppl meat at hotels ,ritual killings,etc .Nigerians need to stop being hypocrites and face their own issues . We arrest whosoever we want , it's our country our rules ...deal with it

Then go and open Randland and leave Nairaland alone

We are Nigerians, we love Africa
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by AbujaBlue: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
The mass murderer Bashir has not been arrested or detained, he has just been prevented from leaving temporarily. OP, please amend title to the truth.

There is no way South Africa would risk escalating matters by actually arresting him.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
dapachez:
@Omenka, @ Barcanista,@ Temitemi,@ Ibn sultan what is your take on this issue? What are the dire consequencies of this act if South Africva should follow through with this process
Al Bashir is yet to be arrested but for the sake of stability in Africa the judge shouldn't grant the request. Already, there is AU resolution which member states signed and agreed. In addition to that, the SA government also assured AlBashir that nothing will happen to him. It will amount to insincerity and break in diplomacy should Bashir be arrested. Also, the AU and member states should sanction SA should they arrest Omar AlBashir.

NB: I'm not a fan of Albashir
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
ire700:

Omar Al-Bashir is attending the AU summit. The Sudanese President "IS NOT DETAINED" and "WILL NOT BE DETAINED". The white South African judge by the name of Hans Fabricius who issued the order can bark as much as he wants, Africa is not impressed by his dirty scheme

The ANC considers that the ICC is no longer useful (http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ANC-ICC-no-longer-useful-20150614) and the African Union is planning a withdrawal from the the Kangooroo court

Better.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by phreakabit(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
leofab:
deluded Nigerian; can you counter him objectively?

Intellectually inept anthropoid, yes I can and have already. . .
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by RudzSA(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Africa can't be saved ...I can't believ ppl are defending Bashir .comparing Iraq to Africans slaughtered ? Who cares abt bush nd Iraq ? We in Africa ,wake up , stand up nd clap for the brilliance of S.A. If Naija did the same I'd applaud

2 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by phreakabit(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
RudzSA:
Africa can't be saved ...I can't believ ppl are defending Bashir .comparing Iraq to Africans slaughtered ? Who cares abt bush nd Iraq ? We in Africa ,wake up , stand up nd clap for the brilliance of S.A. If Naija did the same I'd applaud

Anyone with a brain would see REASON to applaud South Africa's actions. . .
They say emotion precedes reason, this man slaughtered fellow "Negroid AFRICANS"
If we are blacks won't that be even more reason to applaud SA.
People are here defending Al-Bashir. . . I no get am at all!

1 Like

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by MPSA(m): 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
firstolalekan:

Woe betide them if they ever even think of trying such.
Hell will be let lose and they will perish angry

SA isn't a small country, Believe me. If you can use your brain very well, you will understand my country (SA) is the best. Fear will make you talk like this, Here is only law against sudan President. If you talk about military! I don't praise my country, Try and see, we are strong and organized. This is a free education to african leaders, "don't kill innocent people."
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
pkjag:

I am not a nigerian, and what have they done with their SUPERIOR judiciary when they can't prosecute apartheid bosses, or the people who shot the miners at marikana??

It seems some people need to educate themselves before they comment. Tell me have you ever heard of the TRC that was headed by Desmond Tutu, just after apartheid. By the way apartheid bosses weren't signatory to the Rome Statuette.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by MPSA(m): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
firstolalekan:

Woe betide them if they ever even think of trying such.
Hell will be let lose and they will perish angry

SA isn't a small country, Believe me. If you can use your brain very well, you will understand my country (SA) is the best. Fear will make you talk like this, Here is only law against sudan President. If you talk about military! I don't praise my country, Try and see, we are strong and organized. This is a free education to african leaders, "don't kill innocent people." In SA we don't fear to do the right thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) / Man Parks Truck Filled With Dead Bodies At Mexico Governor's Mansion / Wife Of IGP Orders Police Officers To Sit On The Floor In Sierra Leon (Viral Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.