Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order (51125 Views)

Hurricane Irma: Photos Of 19 Looters Detained By SWAT Across Florida. / "Zuma Must Fall" Protest Going On In South Africa (Pictures) / LMAO See The Honourable Minister For Water And Irrigation In South Sudan (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Lordave: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
This man was directly involved in the death of not less than 500,000 Africans for Kraist's sake! Africans! And Africans don't see anything wrong with it but they see everything wrong with George Bush and the Iraqis cry cry

What do we have in common with the Iraqis? They and the Arabs should agitate for the arrest of Bush, it's none of our business.
Why are most of sounding too dumb while thinking we are challenging the meddlesome of the white man?

2 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Lobolintin(m): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
vedd:

OBJ took Charles Taylor in to restore peace to the war-torn county. He also handed Taylor over to the Liberian govt, which later sent him to the Hague to face war crime charges.
Obasanjo displayed a high level of diplomacy and commitment to peace building.

Kids and politics.... Taylor wasn't in govt then and was on the run....this man bashir is on diplomatic mission... If SA does that, bet me and you ... The repercussion would be disastrous ..

Buhari partook in Biafra genocide...
Imagine if he was been arrested now in SA, even me would take up arm to defend my President ....
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by NobleG1(m): 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
ire700:

Sudan, Algerian, Turkey, Israel, Russia, China,Zimbabwe,the US,India, Vietnam and many other countries are not signatories to the ICC

This Kangooroo court only target the negroes. That's why it is so critical for African Heads of State to withdraw from the Rome Statute in a matter of emergency

Yes. Western officials may dismiss claims that the ICC targets Africans unfairly, but ICC detractors can point to some clear evidence: The court currently has eight active investigations, which have so far brought a total of 18 prosecutions, on its docket. All of the investigations are in African countries.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by phreakabit(m): 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wait are people really defending Omar Al-Bashir on this thread?
I can understand the anti-western ideology, heck I empathize. . . But defending Al- Bashir? shocked
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by anwe: 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
manutdrichie:

When are they going to arrest Buhari

when are they arresting OBJ for Odi massacre ?
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by firstolalekan(m): 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
chesterlee:
Buhari should mind the way he travels these days especially to South Africa!

They might arrest him one day...
Woe betide them if they ever even think of trying such.
Hell will be let lose and they will perish angry
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by dustydee: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
omenka:
I really don't see this falling through. The consequences, as you suspect, would be dire. It would set a bad precedence, creating a very bad blood between both countries which could degenerate into an intractable diplomatic row.

Bashir attended the event with the full assurances of the South African authorities that he enjoys immunity. The president has questions bordering on war crimes to answer, no doubt, but this certainly is going to precipitate events that could stump the alleged war crimes he committed with regards severity if carried out- not to mention the mistrust towards the South Africa such could generate amongst other sister nations.

In addition, there's no gainsaying this would trigger reprisals in Sudan against South African nationals, and if they happen to be many of them resident there, too bad then.

By and large, I don't see this happening.
I guess you meant you "do see this falling through". I agree with you. SA will likely not hand him over.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by ALISMILE(m): 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lordave:
This man was directly involved in the death of not less than 500,000 Africans for Kraist's sake! Africans! And Africans don't see anything wrong with it but they see everything wrong with George Bush and the Iraqis cry cry

What do we have in common with the Iraqis? They and the Arabs should agitate for the arrest of Bush, it's none of our business.
Why are most of sounding too dumb while thinking we are challenging the meddlesome of the white man?
wat we ve in common wit d iraqis is the Adamic antecedent which binds us togeda forever! Injustice somwhere is injustice everywhere!let dem 1st arest Bush!
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Lordave: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
ALISMILE:
wat we ve in common wit d iraqis is the Adamic antecedent which binds us togeda forever! Injustice somwhere is injustice everywhere!let dem 1st arest Bush!
And leave Bashir to continue with his war crimes?
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by ALISMILE(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
phreakabit:
An ABDI trying to convince me that a million of his arabian masters were killed during the invasion of iraq. Rflmao
if u find that unberable, do ursef a favour! Hug a transformer! But sooner u realize that som of us think beyond wat is presented to us d beter.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by ALISMILE(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lordave:
And leave Bashir to continue with his war crimes?
NO! If Albashir actually committed that crime he shud be made to face it! But that is after Gorge Bush has been made to face d music himself!
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by phreakabit(m): 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
@Lobolintin Ur opinions r urs only. If Buhari was in dis situation u honestly think Igbos would defend him? Dont lie to urself
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by fineguy11(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
vedd:

My thoughts exactly.
Omar al-Bashir is a war criminal who must face justice, but the Sudanese leader was in South Africa on a diplomatic ticket and mission. Arresting him wil be the most irresponsible act of any government.
Even the USA have failed to arrest the Iranian leader on there soil on several occasion.
iranaian leader?no iranian leader has been accused of war crimes by the ICC.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by omenka(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
dustydee:

I guess you meant you "do see this falling through". I agree with you. SA will likely not hand him over.
Yeah, you right. My bad.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Centrifude(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
A While Back Nigerians were patting themselves on the back when those reports attacked Mugabe asking him when he was going to step down and when would the suffering in Zimbabwe stop.

But when South Africans detains a War Criminal and Mass Murderer a A MAN WHO KILLED THOUSANDS OF AFRICANS and now Nigerians are condemning S.A for detaining him.

Let's face the facts, the only problem here is that he is being detained by South Africans you guys hate the fact that its S.A and if it had been Nigeria or some other country you all would've applauded the move.

5 Likes

Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by hollypagan: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
south africa government is an animal kingdom wht a hell are they talking? to arrest an elected president ,something must wrong with their brain
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by Duru1(m): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
pkjag:

The U.S isn't a signatory to the ICC, so the ICC can't prosecute US leaders.
Is Sudan signatory to the idiotic ICC, the same ICC that handed Bakassi to Cameroon without minding the peoples' interest? I had cancelled Nigeria's signatory to the ICC if I found myself in the corridor of power. I shall also pull Nigeria out of dumbass UN. These so-called world bodies are imperialistic tools.
Re: Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order by amiskurie(m): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
How dare SA,this is the most ridiculous news ever from Africa in a decade.whaaat!
Who are the guinea-pigs that run that smelly foot of Africa?
Ok,they want to make history right.I still think its a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Parks Truck Filled With Dead Bodies At Mexico Governor's Mansion / Wife Of IGP Orders Police Officers To Sit On The Floor In Sierra Leon (Viral Pic / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.