Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546902 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kommentato(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2011
imperiouxx:

@kaycome,

I used wes. Their service is good but takes like 1.5 to 2 months if no delay. If you are applying for spring, it is better you start sending your transcript to wes tomorrow. It takes 2wks to reach them, 3 to 5 days for them to tell you they have sent the photocopies back to your school in Nigeria for verification(that one too takes another 2wks to reach Nigeria and 3 to 5 days to reach your school) -- They don't use courier for this ooo. Then, your school will reply them through the email they only disclose to schools. After that, your status will changed to ''evaluation in progress''. This takes 7 days to complete. After that, 1 copy will be send to the school you applied to and 1 copy to you. Add all the days together and tell me how many days.

Note: no matter how many avalanche of mails you send them, they will not reply you once they have sent the photocopies for verification. If you feel like your school didn't get it, you can request for resending to your school.

Brief and straight to the point. God bless you bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kommentato(m): 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2011
coolgb:

@ gboyega,
Check your mail box.

Hello house,
Has anyone tested in the GRE revised general test, please you can share the experience with the rest of us. Tnx

You can google ''urch GRE forum''. Some test takers are sharing their experience on the Revised GRE.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ imperiou
I dey feel you bro. Tnx for those stuffs, i found them quite helpful.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olakon: 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2011
Pls anybody help, I need to know about university in US for under graduate study that doesn't require SAT or TOEFL for admission, Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by festus009: 1:04am On Aug 18, 2011
Hi my brodas and sistas on NL, i just want to appreciate God for what he has done. I had my interview today being the 17th of august at the Abuja embassy. Though it was very interesting, The guy at window 6 , hmmmmm do i call him a devils advocate? ask stupid and serious questions, they were just 2 that attended to us, that is window 6 and window 8.
I arrived the embassy at about past 12pm and waited for 1pm, we were all screened and checked in

I was attended to at about 4pm

They were both strict but the guy at window 8 was more friendly, this is how my conversation and the VO went.

VO: Good day , how are you doing?
Me:am good and u?

VO: hmmmm, well am doing pretty God(requested that i pass documents to him)
Me: I see u doing really good(both smiled at ourselves)

VO: what did you do after school?
Me: I just passed out from secondary school in 2009

VO: yea i can see that, looks at my passport and said, you are 23 ?
me: yes

VO: but its 2 years you have graduated from secondary school? so what have you been doing for the past 2 years.
me: yea i graduated 2009 in june, and my result came out late that year, it was immediately my WAEC result came out that i enrolled for jamb class in order to write an exam that gets me into the Nigerian university.

VO: so did u start studying in any Nigerian University?
me: Nopes

VO why?
Me: there is just one university that offers the course in Nigeria, but of course the system here is rigid, you apply for what u want and they give u what dey want, but there in the USA the system is very flexible, you are given what u want to study and not what they want you to study, basically if spaces are filled for the course you apply, they advise you to apply for the next session, they dont give another course

VO: How did you know about the school?
Me, got to know about it while i read a financial management journal, published by CFA institute, it was in the journal that i read an article written by professor Sun K Ahn, i found the article very interesting, and decide to google it to look up the professor's profile, God you wont believe it, i found his profile very interesting, as he and other professors in the department have achieved ultimate degrees, and i would like having my Degree under their Guidance.

VO: what would you do after studying
Me: would like to work with the risk management department of the central bank of Nigeria

VO: picked up my I-20m showed it to me and said, make sure you carry this while you leaving for the United states of America, pick up your visa at Lobito crescent.

Me: Thank you, rushed outside the embassy , screamed and shouted ITS YOU LORD, ITS YOU, THERE IS NON ORDER, THANK YOU JESUS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 6:34am On Aug 18, 2011
@festus009 all Glory be to God oo i wish you all the best in your journey to the US , did the consular asked for your TOEFL ? please let me know.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 6:48am On Aug 18, 2011
Congrats Festus, wish you a wonderful stay in the US.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2011
@ festus,
Congrats bro.
@ gboyega,
Got yur mail, tanx for the reply, but you did not address my questn on UNT.
@ house,
Na wa for some people ooo, just because i dropped my mail address here for tin wey go better my life, i have been receiving lots of nasty mails frm scammers. House just beware.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2011
Abeg dis place no be romance section ooo, na for serious people. Scammers beware!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
coolgb:

@ festus,
Congrats bro.
@ gboyega,
Got yur mail, tanx for the reply, but you did not address my questn on UNT.
@ house,
Na wa for some people ooo, just because i dropped my mail address here for tin wey go better my life, i have been receiving lots of nasty mails frm scammers. House just beware.

I told you I will respond to that in full but you should give me some time.

coolgb:

Abeg dis place no be romance section ooo, na for serious people. Scammers beware!!!

Help me tell them. You need to realize I got 2 of those messages in just a day.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
imperiouxx:

@Square,

If you can say all these confidently, with God by your side, your visa would be approved. You can still add more to it though.

Thanks imperiouxx. what are the other likely questions?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2011
@festus,

You put me on suspense till I finally read that your visa is approved. Thank God for you. Good replies from you there. I pray Nov and other months is juicy like this Aug. Help say amen oo.

@femdot and toluth,

Request answered.

@square,

Mehn, you may not need up to that level before your visa is approved. Check through few pages back. Gather questions from others exp and use it to build yours to the point of perfection. Ok.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosyne6: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2011
Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I have been reading for quite sometime tho. Please my school resumes on the 22nd of August n the expedited date I got is on the 23rd. Pls what do I do? As 22nd is stated on my I-20. Will an email from the school be ok at the embassy to rectify this?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
@tosyne,

Yeah, a letter of extension of arrival date will be good for the embassy and the port of entry.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosyne6: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2011
@imperiouxx
Thanks. I have sent them an email. Also I have another issue I think cld be a red flag or not. I did my GRE earlier this year and scored 960 which was below the "1000" requirement for the school. I applied to. I later applied to a school that didn't need GRE or toefl cos I had avove the GPA requirement needed. My dilemma now is should I tell them at the embassy I didn't do Toefl or it wasn't required by my school? I don't want to give any chance for a denial as I have no time on my hand. Pls help.!!!! Thanjs
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2011
Tosyne6:

@imperiouxx
Thanks. I have sent them an email. Also I have another issue I think cld be a red flag or not. I did my GRE earlier this year and scored 960 which was below the "1000" requirement for the school. I applied to. I later applied to a school that didn't need GRE or toefl cos I had avove the GPA requirement needed. My dilemma now is should I tell them at the embassy I didn't do Toefl or it wasn't required by my school? I don't want to give any chance for a denial as I have no time on my hand. Pls help.!!!! Thanjs

what i feel is that, they really dont care abt the score, all they want to see is that u wrote the exams.

any other ideas?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dammy1102(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2011
i didn't write any exam
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosyne6: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2011
@nairaspace: thanks
@dammy1102: really!!! And u got ur visa without it?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
Didn't write any exams either. Every body with their own packaging, The most important thing is to be able to respond with a good reason when they ask why you didn't write any exams
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosyne6: 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2011
Please what's a good reason. Is "my school didn't require it cos I met the gpa requirement" a good reason?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
@tosyne,

You can hear those that have past through interview without any standardize test. I didn't write the test and still don't give a damn about it. If at all you are asked, show that you've got and if not as I'm sure of, just raise your eyez up and don't give a damn too.

Reason: I was told by my school that I met their requirement for admission into their graduate program because of my GOOD GPA.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ festus009.

This is indeed grate and i love your experience and indeed its really God's doing. am very happy for you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosyne6: 12:12am On Aug 19, 2011
Lol. Thanks sooo much y'all. I hope to post my goodnews soon cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 1:44am On Aug 19, 2011
hello friend,

please help me with the address of toefl centers in port-harcourt and benin.thanks very much
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 1:50am On Aug 19, 2011
check it on google i don't know the website off hand. in there you will see available centers in all states of the fedration and available dates.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 1:52am On Aug 19, 2011
@festus009 , you are favored by GOD.Congrats.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 1:55am On Aug 19, 2011
@Brain power365.

check it on google i don't know the website off hand. in there you will see available centers in all states of the fedration and available dates.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by williams20(m): 7:05am On Aug 19, 2011
Good morning.pls i need info on iberia airlines and north american airlines.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 10:23am On Aug 19, 2011
imperiouxx:

@festus,

You put me on suspense till I finally read that your visa is approved. Thank God for you. Good replies from you there. I pray Nov and other months is juicy like this Aug. Help say amen oo.

@femdot and toluth,

Request answered.

@square,

Mehn, you  may not need up to that level before your visa is approved. Check through few pages back. Gather questions from others exp and use it to build yours to the point of perfection. Ok.

Thanks for the encouragement. Are you in (going to) TX?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gentlezik: 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
Mine was a success story yesterday. I was interviewed by a young white lady @ counter 7 in Abj. Big thanks to nairaland. This forum proved very helpful in my build –up 2 yesterday. U guyz r wonderful.

It went this way…

Me: Good morning
Vo: Good morning, can I have ur papers?
Me: #gave her#
Vo: Why did u choose Univ of , ?
Me: I chose the school because….;My dad actually recommended the school den I carried out some online research and discovered that its graduate program in civil engineering is highly regarded. Not just that anyway, also discovered that the school is particularly good in my area of interest which is transportation. (no be say im recommend amoo. jst told him abt d skool n he had no qualms abt it. i put am dis way cos i kno say d ansa fit favour me).
Vo: Why would your father recommend a school for u?
Me: Because he’s equally a highway n transportation engineer and travels out for seminars, conferences and programs; therefore, he’s equally knowledgeable in good civil engineering schools. (im neva too travel like dat oo)
Vo: Have u travelled out with him before ?
Me: No
Vo: Or u tried but was refused visa?
Me: I’v neva tried before
Vo: Wot’s the full meaning of UGS on your i-20?
Me: It’s university graduate scholarship
Vo: Why did the school give you that?
Me: My admission letter says it’s because of my xcellent application materials
Vo: Can I see ur transcript and gre score report?(My gre scores no too strong, transcript try sha)
Me: #Searched and gave them to her#
Vo: #Flipped tru my transcript and gave me back#
Vo: #Pointed @ the schools on my gre report and asked# Which other did u try?
Me: Purdue University
Vo: Who is sponsoring u?
Me: My father

Vo: hmm…your dad should be able 2 get u a job after studies?
Me: yea, hopefully. He works in……
Vo: #Didn’t allow me to finish my response# you would have 2 pickup ur visa on Monday at blablabla
I no hear anything again…………, lol

Prepare adequately; make sure ur answers are convincing enough.try 2 place any strength u mite have in ur application @ d forefront. Can u imagine a girl was asked wot she knew about d skool she wanted to attend. All she said was “I don’t really know much about the school” very funny indeed. Also try 2 suppress tension n maintain eye contact as much as possible. Above all, trust in God!!! Na im give me US visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2011
Gentlezik:

Mine was a success story yesterday. I was interviewed by a young white lady @ counter 7 in Abj. Big thanks to nairaland. This forum proved very helpful in my build –up 2 yesterday. U guyz r wonderful.

It went this way…

Me: Good morning
Vo: Good morning, can I have your papers?
Me: #gave her#
Vo: Why did u choose Univ of , ?
Me: I chose the school because….;My dad actually recommended the school den I carried out some online research and discovered that its graduate program in civil engineering is highly regarded. Not just that anyway, also discovered that the school is particularly good in my area of interest which is transportation. (no be say im recommend amoo. jst told him abt d skool n he had no qualms abt it. i put am dis way cos i kno say d ansa fit favour me).
Vo: Why would your father recommend a school for u?
Me: Because he’s equally a highway n transportation engineer and travels out for seminars, conferences and programs; therefore, he’s equally knowledgeable in good civil engineering schools. (im neva too travel like dat oo)
Vo: Have u travelled out with him before ?
Me: No
Vo: Or u tried but was refused visa?
Me: I’v neva tried before
Vo: Wot’s the full meaning of UGS on your i-20?
Me: It’s university graduate scholarship
Vo: Why did the school give you that?
Me: My admission letter says it’s because of my xcellent application materials
Vo: Can I see your transcript and gre score report?(My gre scores no too strong, transcript try sha)
Me: #Searched and gave them to her#
Vo: #Flipped tru my transcript and gave me back#
Vo: #Pointed @ the schools on my gre report and asked# Which other did u try?
Me: Purdue University
Vo: Who is sponsoring u?
Me: My father

Vo: hmm…your dad should be able 2 get u a job after studies?
Me: yea, hopefully. He works in……
Vo: #Didn’t allow me to finish my response# you would have 2 pickup your visa on Monday at blablabla
I no hear anything again…………, lol

Prepare adequately; make sure your answers are convincing enough.try 2 place any strength u mite have in your application @ d forefront. Can u imagine a girl was asked wot she knew about d skool she wanted to attend. All she said was “I don’t really know much about the school” very funny indeed. Also try 2 suppress tension n maintain eye contact as much as possible. Above all, trust in God!!! Na im give me US visa.

Very good.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by najones: 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
Very Good Interview. It's God working. I wish all people going for an interview soon good l
uck, IJN

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.