Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545744 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 3:08am On Aug 21, 2011
USBound

I expected you to have read and understood first before you gave your rash decision that I was acting funny. For the record, I hate when you talk to me like that. Myforumid3 makes it seem that US is a paradise. And I said NO, he should be very careful of what he says, that every place has its own problems and it is a matter of time before he realises that in the USA. For example,

1) You live in California, you stand a very good chance of getting killed in an earthquake. If it were Oklahoma, Missouri, etc., you can easily die from tornado. Texas, Lousiana, etc., hurricane can easily kill you. You ever heard of those in Nigeria?

A good student is expected to study the water and think before they jump in. I urge you to try to be one.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 3:08am On Aug 21, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 4:29am On Aug 21, 2011
Hacker et al please keep your advice. Money dey America like water dey Rivers State. Immediately u land for JFK dey will give u a check of $10K just for coming then a company will file your Permanent Resident papers for you. U will only work 35 hours a week and get paid $50 an hour. After six months the compnay will pay all the expenses for your whole family to come over. Going to school is the easiest thing. U can get your Engineering Degree online while u are working. After 5 yrs dey will mail u your US Passport without any stress. Just get that Visa and all your problems and that of your family is already solved.
God Bless America.
Mumu people. Person get time dey tell u What's up u dey reply with insult. No wonder u come here come get advice on how to dress for an Interview and how to pay SEVIS fee and u r a Graduate?

I wanna see how u will even buy books online when u get here if u still having problems with paying SEVIS fee.
Na Hacker get una time. Me no to get time to dey talk to toddlers minded adults
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 4:44am On Aug 21, 2011
Its ok folks. Lets not fight over trivial stuffs. We are all "right".
When I made my post, I said "no quarrel meant", so why the fight?
Lets continue to give advice on VISA enquiries and encourage more serious focused and hard-working Nigerians with passion to change Nigeria some there to come over to the States. I'm yet to come to terms with the fact that I am the only African in my program and probably just the whole College of Engineering (just 12 graduate students admitted into my graduate program) and 1 of just 3 Africans at the Intl Students Orientation (it was Asians and Indians by my right and left and all over the place); that goes to show the disparity in development between Nigeria and other Asian countries.
Check out happyschoolblog dot com and see how Indians are encouraging themselves;

If you consider the job market and economic situation plus the bills and constant tax you'd ve to pay here, then life could be termed "tough and horrible"; Its not completely a "Bed of Rose". My friend told me not "to always try to calculate the naira value of everything I buy here cos I would end up not buying anything at all", so financially, its pretty tough but not for people whose finances are consistently been pumped from back home or have some legal money-generating ventures they are involved in.  
You'd be very frustrated if you come here to hustle, so its vital to be financially buoyant and prudent but pls and pls dont use the word "battle" cos it makes it sound like there is something else to it, something quite disheartening if not completely discouraging.

My advice for anyone coming here on a low budget (poor folks), try hitting a very high score on your GRE/GMAT/SAT to increase your chances for funding (instate fees/scholarship/TA/RA) or betterstill, apply to schools in State like Texas that offer[b] in-state tuition fees to intl students which gives you the eligibility to pay all fees like an american, [/b]
and the remaining semesters' fees could be waived if you perform absolutely well (like = > 3.6/4.0 in your first semester).
I cant believe the very low school fee plus health insurance that was taken from me cos of instate tuition scholarship, yet my profs are already offering me RA/TA positions which could take off my living expenses and bills. Dont know about what you guys are going through in OBAMALAND but I'm enjoying life here (not the many pleasurable distractions which could easily derail a serious student)

My friend in PennState U doing same program as me is complaining of how he would pay his over $25k school fees (no living expenses) when my school took just a little over 1/5th of that amount and guess what, my school is in oil industry capital state (Texas) and ranks 7th in US News Petroleum engineering school ranking; so newbies, be very careful on your choice of school.

abeg once again, make we nor quarrel oh.
na VISA advice na femilangy create this thread for.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 5:31am On Aug 21, 2011
oyewolejos:

Hacker et al please keep your advice. Money dey America like water dey Rivers State. Immediately u land for JFK dey will give u a check of $10K just for coming then a company will file your Permanent Resident papers for you. U will only work 35 hours a week and get paid $50 an hour. After six months the compnay will pay all the expenses for your whole family to come over. Going to school is the easiest thing. U can get your Engineering Degree online while u are working. After 5 yrs dey will mail u your US Passport without any stress. Just get that Visa and all your problems and that of your family is already solved.
God Bless America.
Mumu people. Person get time dey tell u What's up u dey reply with insult. No wonder u come here come get advice on how to dress for an Interview and how to pay SEVIS fee and u r a Graduate?

I wanna see how u will even buy books online when u get here if u still having problems with paying SEVIS fee.
Na Hacker get una time. Me no to get time to dey talk to toddlers minded adults

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:07am On Aug 21, 2011
@Oyewolejos, Aroy1 et al: I am sorry to disappoint you guys but I NEVER wanted to go to the US. I am only going now because I MUST go. Okay? I am 30 and had good chances before now of migrating to the US but never believed the US was a Paradise or Bed of Roses. So I stayed put in Nigeria and lost those chances. Maybe u guys believed the lie that once you travel, IT IS DONE. That is why you are frustrated. If you kept a realistic view in mind and prepared your finances, I don't see why this thing that is being blabbed from CNN everyday should degenerate into some quarrel. Let me spell it loud, THE AMERICAN ECONOMY IS COLLAPSING. So guys, belt up.

What I am tired of is people who keep saying 'it is tough', 'it is tough' yet they stay put in America. PLEASE COME BACK FIRST before posting any further advice.

Finally, advice is different from discouragement. It is true that it is TOUGH out there, infact the way it is TOUGH here in Nigeria. But then, let me ask you, are people not making it here in Nigeria? Are people not also making it in the US? The truth is SUCCESS is everywhere, thesame way FAILURE is everywhere.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:13am On Aug 21, 2011
myforumid3:

. . . . so newbies, be very careful on your choice of school.

^^^^ main point.
My GA position is with $8,500 award + instate tuition fee.

Secondly, whoever think he is going to US to start digging out money from the ground is a dunce. So, let's stop all this. This how it started some few weeks ago. People are sceptical about such warning.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 9:09am On Aug 21, 2011
I agree. @ Veterans in the HOUSE: Let's not distract this thread. Abeg, it is still helping people. Abeg.

My RECOMMENDATION: Those who want to help intending Visa Applicants to know about the ECONOMIC REALITY in the US should CREATE A NEW THREAD for that purpose. I want to suggest that POSTING on that Thread should be restricted to those who have been to the US and are BACK TO NIGERIA. Otherwise, your advise will be interpreted to be lies and discouragement even though what you are saying is actually THE TRUTH. Like Nairaspace said :'WHO NO GO NO KNOW'.

imperiouxx:

^^^^ main point.
My GA position is with $8,500 award + instate tuition fee.

Secondly, whoever think he is going to US to start digging out money from the ground is a dunce. So, let's stop all this. This how it started some few weeks ago. People are sceptical about such warning.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2011
The point is success is everywhere, so is failure. I believe if getting a degree in US is your motivation, then you should be able to weather the storm. I think every reasonable person in this section must also be aware of the state of economy in US. Only a fool will believe the place is a land full of GOLD, but we know it is a land of OPPORTUNITY, so guys abeg lets not fight over this anymore. Ah, how i wish me sef don get my Visa, make i dey repatriate advise like dis ooo.
OK now please give us the 'positive gist'grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2011
@ House, my opinion is just that everyone going to the united states for studies should be well prepared and know one thing that life in another man's land cant really be a bed of roses for beginners who don't have families based there in the states. what i can just say is have a adequate and reliable funding source from home and and stay focused. if you don't have any of these then life can be a problem there i know.
Workout your plan well before before embarking on the trip. know the kind of school you want to apply to in terms of its fees and tuition and what rent is like and the state you plan to live in. every society has its own problems and are differ from one to another. when all these are been put into consideration then you will know weather you can cope or not.

that is my own contribution.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kommentato(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2011
Please don't let this thread be derailed nah, haba, e no good oo!!  cry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2011
Hello Fellow Naija people, It doesn't really matter to me what is any body aim or ambition for/of Going to the States, whether you are going based on Students or hustling, it doesnt matter to me cos, In any level you or you find your yourself all you need is GOD, Alot of people are in the USA that are not students but made it well and are still making it, and lots of students in there too making it, So it depends on your potentials, If you are in the states suffering as a student doesn't mean you should discourage other incoming students, everybody dey go US go hustle whether real student or fake student , just face ur business and dont discourage others, And finally for those giving the advice, all you need is say your own and forget, dont force advice on anybody, make dem reach there ,
see for themselves,

Wish everybody in the states SUCCESS, whether stuent or fake student, na money wey you make for there matter for naija,

thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2011
@op,if you eventually decide to relocate to the States,ensure that you do so legally.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2011
myforumid3:

Lets continue to give advice on VISA enquiries and encourage more serious focused and hard-working Nigerians with passion to change Nigeria some there to come over to the States. I'm yet to come to terms with the fact that I am the only African in my program and probably just the whole College of Engineering (just 12 graduate students admitted into my graduate program) and 1 of just 3 Africans at the Intl Students Orientation (it was Asians and Indians by my right and left and all over the place); that goes to show the disparity in development between Nigeria and other Asian countries.
Check out happyschoolblog dot com and see how Indians are encouraging themselves;

If you consider the job market and economic situation plus the bills and constant tax you'd ve to pay here, then life could be termed "tough and horrible"; Its not completely a "Bed of Rose". My friend told me not "to always try to calculate the naira value of everything I buy here cos I would end up not buying anything at all", so financially, its pretty tough but not for people whose finances are consistently been pumped from back home or have some legal money-generating ventures they are involved in.  
You'd be very frustrated if you come here to hustle, so its vital to be financially buoyant and prudent but pls and pls dont use the word "battle" cos it makes it sound like there is something else to it, something quite disheartening if not completely discouraging.

My advice for anyone coming here on a low budget (poor folks), try hitting a very high score on your GRE/GMAT/SAT to increase your chances for funding (instate fees/scholarship/TA/RA) or betterstill, apply to schools in State like Texas that offer[b] in-state tuition fees to intl students which gives you the eligibility to pay all fees like an american, [/b]
and the remaining semesters' fees could be waived if you perform absolutely well (like = > 3.6/4.0 in your first semester).
I cant believe the very low school fee plus health insurance that was taken from me cos of instate tuition scholarship, yet my profs are already offering me RA/TA positions which could take off my living expenses and bills. Dont know about what you guys are going through in OBAMALAND but I'm enjoying life here (not the many pleasurable distractions which could easily derail a serious student)

My friend in PennState U doing same program as me is complaining of how he would pay his over $25k school fees (no living expenses) when my school took just a little over 1/5th of that amount and guess what, my school is in oil industry capital state (Texas) and ranks 7th in US News Petroleum engineering school ranking; so newbies, be very careful on your choice of school.

u r 1 out of 100 9ja's with such experience.however u wil understand better when u get to malachi chapter of OBAMALAND,na genesis u dey now so relax grin grin . na to make am be our goal and at d same time advice intending folks to either be financially prepared or emotionally prepared to face watever they come across. We all need God i knw,but God no go pour $$$ dollars from heaven for lazy folks. grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2011
Please what is an I-20? grin grin

, ok that was a joke just to verify if this forum is still meant for people like us.

Veterans, thanks for the admonishment.

Cheers everyone!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2011
Una won kill me with lafff oooo even my flat mate dey ask me say shey i win lotto ni.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2011
kentro201:

Hello Fellow Naija people, It doesn't really matter to me what is any body aim or ambition for/of Going to the States, whether you are going based on Students or hustling, it doesnt matter to me cos, In any level you or you find your yourself all you need is GOD, Alot of people are in the USA that are not students but made it well and are still making it, and lots of students in there too making it, So it depends on your potentials, If you are in the states suffering as a student doesn't mean you should discourage other incoming students, everybody dey go US go hustle whether real student or fake student , just face your business and dont discourage others, And finally for those giving the advice, all you need is say your own and forget, dont force advice on anybody, make dem reach there ,
see for themselves,

Wish everybody in the states SUCCESS, whether stuent or fake student, na money wey you make for there matter for naija,

thanks

Gbam . . . . End of Discussion
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2011
nethacker:

u r 1 out of 100 9ja's with such experience.however u wil understand better when u get to malachi chapter of OBAMALAND,na genesis u dey now so relax grin grin . na to make am be our goal and at d same time advice intending folks to either be financially prepared or emotionally prepared to face watever they come across. We all need God i knw,but God no go pour $$$ dollars from heaven for lazy folks. grin grin

That's it. That's it oo. I no dey talk again ooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 6:35am On Aug 22, 2011
myforumid3:

Very much on point. People should stop saying it is hard over there thereby discouraging people to explore their talents in places where they could easily utilize and develop them. Nobody said he or she is coming to pick money, as students, though some without enough funds but one thing I know is that even here in Nigeria, there are some students in school without funds yet they survive. Survival is a thing of the mind so as many who believes they will survive in the US, please, do all necessary things and apply rightly.

Lastly, I have read quite some comments on this site informing people of low tuition and good funding in Texas and yet the schools are well rated as well thus, check your school well and be sure you can afford the cost of tuition and other fees associated before choosing such school.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by newacca: 9:23am On Aug 22, 2011
@GboyegaD,
I really like ur comment. Though I belong to another thread in this forum" TRAVELLING TO CANADA" but I check on this thread regularly. keep it up.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
dem no dey do interview 4 embassy again ni? abi yankee ppl don pursue visa applicants 4 ds thread. I TIRE O
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2011
Gbaski me sef tire ooo,na so so pendimonium i dey see on here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
@nethacker, I nor get your time, Whether na genesis I dey or na revelation chapter you don reach, na only you know that one. Wetin I know b say, It can only get better and sweater for me; so If you gimme your email, I fit yan you the greater level of enjoyment I go don reach when I dey Revelation chapter of OBAMALAND. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg, who dey go for VISA next? make we give ona advice.
na owner get this forum.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by laraee: 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2011
how can we get visa actually whats the procedure involved in it please provide me with some information 3PL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2011
@myforum,
Any potential redflag 4 a 2nd timer at d embassy?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
gbaski2010:

@myforum,

Not at all. We've heard from people that were at the embassy even more than twice. Just get the required documents.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
Thanks phy
@house
successful applicants,where una deyyy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 6:54am On Aug 23, 2011
gbaski2010:

@myforum,
Just like phy rightly said, get your documentations in order and go with confidence. Make sure you ve corrected your weaks areas that probably got you a first denial,
The house can help out with possible answers to likely VISA questions so let us know any likely prob/ weak flag or uncertain answers you have.

gbaski2010:

Thanks phy
@house
successful applicants,where una deyyy
We dey here for una, nothing dey shelle.
Who's next to go for VISA! Success to you all. My joy would be to see more serious 9jirians here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 9:31am On Aug 23, 2011
Am the next person going for interview on the 25th august, abuja

documents checklist, got admitted to 2universities.

application fee
I-20 form
sevis fee reciept,
trasncripts, neco and notification of results,
banks statement,sponsors letter, certificate of incorporation, business registration,
computer certificates, from Hiit, and klass komputers,

the rest na GOD,

please check if i missed anything
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2011
Is there anything wrong in goin 4 another interview just 20 days after the initial denyal?wldnt dey feel its to early?or what do u think?.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
WARYZ:

Is there anything wrong in goin 4 another interview just 20 days after the initial denyal?wldnt dey feel its to early?or what do u think?.
Just make sure that you have overcome the reason for the first denial.Thats all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2011
Please can someone take tea in the morning before going for VISA interview,

Somebody said except with biscuits grin.

Abeg enuf of the arguments yankee sweet o

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.