Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545728 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webprince(m): 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
pls I need 2 pay sevis fee for my brothers urgently b4 tuesday next week and i could not use my credit card. How do I pay pls?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2011
webprince:

pls I need 2 pay sevis fee for my brothers urgently b4 tuesday next week and i could not use my credit card. How do I pay pls?

Any sevis number starting with ''N'' can't be paid for with a credit card. Just do money transfer, money order etc.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jaykoc: 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2011
webprince:

@webprince
u'll need 2 photocopy dia i-20m pages,write out dia passport numbers & sex on a plane sheet, make a bank cheque(in dollars) payable 2 any US bank, then have them couriered 2
i-901 student/exchange visitor processing fee 1005 convention plaza st. Louis, Mo 63101, USA.
This is the fastest way OR u Can make money transfer with all the neccessary details 2 someone in the US 2 make the payment 4 dem with am expedited delivery. Hope u find dis helpful.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webprince(m): 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2011
imperiouxx:

Any sevis number starting with ''N'' can't be paid for with a credit card. Just do money transfer, money order etc.

ok. the sevis no starts with 'N'. I guess thats d problem with paying with my credit card. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webprince(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2011
jaykoc:

@webprince
u'll need 2 photocopy dia i-20m pages,write out dia passport numbers & sex on a plane sheet, make a bank cheque(in dollars) payable 2 any US bank, then have them couriered 2
i-901 student/exchange visitor processing fee 1005 convention plaza st. Louis, Mo 63101, USA.
This is the fastest way OR u Can make money transfer with all the neccessary details 2 someone in the US 2 make the payment 4 dem with am expedited delivery. Hope u find dis helpful.

Can I ask friends in the US to help pay the sevis fee (is it acceptable to pay from US?) cos some guyz are telling me the acceptable way is paying from outside the US excluding Nigeria?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2011
webprince:

ok. the sevis no starts with 'N'. I guess thats d problem with paying with my credit card. Thanks

Not only Nigeria, there are some other countries that credit card is not allowed for sevis payment. Maybe yours is one of the cases.

Even if it is going to be paid in US or UK, so far the initial alphabet is restricted for credit card payment, it won't work.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webprince(m): 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by babatulla: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2011
@web, I paid for mine through a friend in the us yesterday, my receipt is ready online right now, u can give u a sample of how the form will be filled if u want me to. Just send me Ur yahoo IM ID.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2011
I hope all those dat got their visas r really prepared for the nxt battle ahead? wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
@Gentlezik .

That was a verry nice interrview there. am glad you got it and i wish you all the best in the states and also to all other applicants going verry soon.
its just God working and makeing it stress free for us and it will always be good news for all of us.

amen.

for everyone going for interview pls be fully prepare and get to know every details as posssible.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webprince(m): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2011
thanks guyz. I v contact a friend in d US to help out. thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 1:39am On Aug 20, 2011
nethacker:

I hope all those dat got their visas r really prepared for the nxt battle ahead? wink

@Nethacker: what's the next battle?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 6:57am On Aug 20, 2011
nethacker:

USBound:

@nethacker, abeg tell the House the battle! as if nor be sweat battle, atleast compared to the 7yrs (5yrs engr+2yrs nysc) we suffered studying CRAP in 9ja.
Abeg nor dey use match-stick fire scare people wey don see hell-fire before, yet excelled distinctively. lol
I hate it when u guys in obamaland try to subtlety discourage people aspiring to come to OBAMALAND- A LAND OF OPPORTUNITY INDEED IF YOU ARE FOCUSED AND HAVE YOUR FINANCES STRAIGHTENED OUT.
Abeg oh, No querrel meant!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kolajoo(m): 7:44am On Aug 20, 2011
This is to inform all travelers that cash ticket to anywhere in the world with any airline available @good rate, try us now and i know you will have a successfully story to tell,

Contact Kola for more inquiry/booking.
kolaomomummy@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2011
@myforumid,
I always love your perspective of view.Life is a battlefield still we pray to live long in it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 9:17am On Aug 20, 2011
imperiouxx:

The issue is not whatever precedes the sevis number but the fact that all SEVIS issued to Nigeria can not be paid with any card irrespective of location.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2011
phy:

The issue is not whatever precedes the sevis number but the fact that all SEVIS issued to Nigeria can not be paid with any card irrespective of location.

Yeah, I know. I think the same thing goes to Ghana too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2011
in my opinion i would advise that people try and look for someone whos here in the US to help them pay sevis, its faster and easier that way, and dont wait till the last few days before you would say you wanna pay sevis. it takes a few days to process. so its better to start sevis payment process weeks before the interview,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2011
myforumid3:

@nethacker, abeg tell the House the battle! as if nor be sweat battle, atleast compared to the 7yrs (5yrs engr+2yrs nysc) we suffered studying CRAP in 9ja.
Abeg nor dey use match-stick fire scare people wey don see hell-fire before, yet excelled distinctively. lol
I hate it when u guys in obamaland try to subtlety discourage people aspiring to come to OBAMALAND- A LAND OF OPPORTUNITY INDEED IF YOU ARE FOCUSED AND HAVE YOUR FINANCES STRAIGHTENED OUT.
Abeg oh, No querrel meant!
If you started dis forum with me and femilangy(the creator of this thread), u will definitely hv come across my posts in the 100th+ pages. so u saying that we here try to discourage u from coming is untrue. I'm trying to prepare ur mind for d next hussle, If you think u hv seen hell in 9ja, u will understand wen u get here. What i'll try to point out here is dat dnt trash any advice by any1 who hv gotten their visas thru this forum and r here in US.We try as much as possible nt to insult any forum member come wat may. the likes of oyewolejos,djunit,khunleah,fagbon,femilangy,gongo aso,kenzema,nairaspace,ojaP and many more that landed here between 2009-2010, were prepared and saw the reality but were prepared. wink

USBound:

when u get here u will figure it out. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fagbon01: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2011
hummmm, did i hear someone saying be "PREPARED" and another saying "DON'T SCARE US.", HAHA grin grin grin

If u think is a wake up call good for you and if you think you don't need the advice good for you also, but remember someone told you before you decide to enter the shoe, some of us have gone thru hell here, some people come home to coat the way things are up here to us back home and we all think it is bed of roses, LAILAI, undecided lipsrsealed angry
great minds have shared some of their bitter experience on this page and i still respect some, people have fought on this page and are friends and enemies till now, not joking. if you want names i will throw them for you, please, i wont try to make it look nice for you but give it to you straight, getting the visa na the easiest thing, Gba! but what next na the HELL, am not saying you shud'nt come,nope but please try make the necessary connection with families that will support you for a while,
just so you know, there is no FAMILY here Oooooo. na oyo land patapata, small help and next na cry, u go see wen, wen go ask u say wetin bring u come,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2011
just adding to what the elders of this thread have said, When they say come prepped! They mean it the way it sounds. I dey talk am again with my mouth come prepared people!

I have seen people who came with nothing and they are still alive today but after a year or more here they are still struggling like they were struggling on the first day

If you come prepared it will make things easier for you. And in a short time you go dey used to the system. To think you have survived in Hell (Naija) and can survive here is a joke. Naija and here have nothing in common!

There are so many things I can get in Naija through family for free . Not here ooooooh! Nothing is free where I live! Rent dey increase every day! Wetin families take dey pay rent for a year in naija is what you pay here for a month! To make matters worse no jobs anywhere, If you manage see one job them fit tell you say na Citizen them dey look for!

I believe this would give you a little idea of what to expect.

Boys are frowning in YANKEEE oooooh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2011
myforumid3

Be careful of what you say. The US has her own problems. It is just a matter of time before you realise that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
to be honest, its not like life is hell here. but if you are coming here with the intention of coming to hustle so you can pay ur school fees and live ur life, its gonna be a little tough, but Nigerians are very resourceful people and a lot of people make it here even without having rich parents to throw down millions of naira to sponsor them through school. its not as easy as people think it is but with God on your side, hardwork, focus and financial prudence, you will make it in America whether ur parents have money or not,
am just gradually trying to settle into the life in Fairfax
Thank God for everything
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

to be honest, its not like life is hell here. but if you are coming here with the intention of coming to hustle so you can pay your school fees and live your life, its gonna be a little tough, but Nigerians are very resourceful people and a lot of people make it here even without having rich parents to throw down millions of naira to sponsor them through school. its not as easy as people think it is but with God on your side, hardwork, focus and financial prudence, you will make it in America whether your parents have money or not,
am just gradually trying to settle into the life in Fairfax
Thank God for everything
which side of MD u dey?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2011
@ all,
If getting a degree in US is your motivation, i believe you will surely survive.
OYO to anyone going there to hustle o, especially now
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2011
@imperious, ALL sevis nos start with N, credit card especially if the address is Nigeria is not acceptable. If the person paying is in the US, he can pay by credit card, mail a check or pay via Western Union, they get it within 1 week. Credit card payment is not dependent on the alphabet. Again, ALL sevis nos start with N

@Others, can't we just stop this argument of Yankee is/is not tough. Don't you know what you are going in for? Before you go to the US, you should have an idea about what accommodation fees are. Which range between as low as 300 to as high as 1500 dollars/ room depending on where you stay and what amenities are provided. That is way more than what you will pay per room in most parts of Nigeria. If one person says US is tough does that stop you from pursing your dream? Don't they all say US is tough? have they died?
You should know or have heard there is no "my relative" abroad. If you are staying with a relative, they might expect you to share bills et al, when you leave for the US, go prepared. Be ready to spend a whole lot in the first few months especially as you will not yet know about getting the best deals. After a while, though things might not necessarily get easier. but you will get tougher.
If you are on an F1 Visa, you shouldn't expect to enter yanky and then it all becomes a bed of roses. Yeah you might get cheaper food, better amenities et al but there is still hardship. Face that reality and lets stop going back and forth about people discouraging others from going to the US.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2011
mysterysng:

@imperious, ALL sevis nos start with N, credit card especially if the address is Nigeria is not acceptable. If the person paying is in the US, he can pay by credit card, mail a check or pay via Western Union, they get it within 1 week. Credit card payment is not dependent on the alphabet. Again, ALL sevis nos start with N

@Others, can't we just stop this argument of Yankee is/is not tough. Don't you know what you are going in for? Before you go to the US, you should have an idea about what accommodation fees are. Which range between as low as 300 to as high as 1500 dollars/ room depending on where you stay and what amenities are provided. That is way more than what you will pay per room in most parts of Nigeria. If one person says US is tough does that stop you from pursing your dream? Don't they all say US is tough? have they died?
You should know or have heard there is no "my relative" abroad. If you are staying with a relative, they might expect you to share bills et al, when you leave for the US, go prepared. Be ready to spend a whole lot in the first few months especially as you will not yet know about getting the best deals. After a while, though things might not necessarily get easier. but you will get tougher.
If you are on an F1 Visa, you shouldn't expect to enter yanky and then it all becomes a bed of roses. Yeah you might get cheaper food, better amenities et al but there is still hardship. Face that reality and lets stop going back and forth about people discouraging others from going to the US.
this is wat i am trying to tell these guys but they feel we r discouraging them. now u hv said d same thing. thx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
@ mysterys
I seconded jare
If you think US is too tough, please come back home grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2011
@Nethacker, Aroy1, djunit1 etc: You guys are acting funny. Number one, this thread was never set up to establish if Yankee is easy or tough but to get student visa in Nigeria, plain and simple. Number two, the reason why folks here will not listen to you is because you are still there. Why not COME BACK to Nigeria and then your advice will be more believable?

I have a friend who came back from London saying 'london is tough, london is tough'. Two years later, he is happily married with a kid and just moved to his own house (duplex) in Lagos. The only advice he gives to young people is 'you can make it here in Nigeria, FORGET TRAVEL'. Do you know why people listen to him? Because he CAME BACK here to Nigeria. Abeg, like imperioux said 'Life is a battle field but we still pray to live long in it'.

Right now, you guys have no RIGHT to post that advice until you are BACK here in Nigeria. Okay?

N.B: I have not said Yankee is easy. If you watch the News, you should know about the US Economic Recession, Debt Debacle etc.

fagbon01:

hummmm, did i hear someone saying be "PREPARED" and another saying "DON'T SCARE US.", HAHA grin grin grin

If u think is a wake up call good for you and if you think you don't need the advice good for you also, but remember someone told you before you decide to enter the shoe, some of us have gone thru hell here, some people come home to coat the way things are up here to us back home and we all think it is bed of roses, LAILAI, undecided lipsrsealed angry
great minds have shared some of their bitter experience on this page and i still respect some, people have fought on this page and are friends and enemies till now, not joking. if you want names i will throw them for you, please, i wont try to make it look nice for you but give it to you straight, getting the visa na the easiest thing, Gba! but what next na the HELL, am not saying you shud'nt come,nope but please try make the necessary connection with families that will support you for a while,
just so you know, there is no FAMILY here Oooooo. na oyo land patapata, small help and next na cry, u go see wen, wen go ask u say wetin bring u come,

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2011
Guys, whats the meaning of discouragement self? You mean someone that got his plan of traveling, applied to schs, got his/her I-20 and gotten his mind made up long before joining this forum can now be discouraged? Common! Let's stop all these. It's not easy out there without proper funding. CAVEAT!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2011
USBound:

@Nethacker, Aroy1, djunit1 etc: You guys are acting funny. Number one, this thread was never set up to establish if Yankee is easy or tough but to get student visa in Nigeria, plain and simple. Number two, the reason why folks here will not listen to you is because you are still there. Why not COME BACK to Nigeria and then your advice will be more believable?

I have a friend who came back from London saying 'london is tough, london is tough'. Two years later, he is happily married with a kid and just moved to his own house (duplex) in Lagos. The only advice he gives to young people is 'you can make it here in Nigeria, FORGET TRAVEL'. Do you know why people listen to him? Because he CAME BACK here to Nigeria. Abeg, like imperioux said 'Life is a battle field but we still pray to live long in it'.

Right now, you guys have no RIGHT to post that advice until you are BACK here in Nigeria. Okay?

N.B: I have not said Yankee is easy. If you watch the News, you should know about the US Economic Recession, Debt Debacle etc.

Any small thing "come back to Nigeria"!!!!!! Una know whether I get money for flight? Do you know if I'm almost done with my studies? Abeg stop sayin that thing
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 2:12am On Aug 21, 2011
djunit1:

Any small thing "come back to Nigeria"!!!!!! Una know whether I get money for flight? Do you know if I'm almost done with my studies? Abeg stop sayin that thing

lol, point!!!! lol,

who no go no know!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.