Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545751 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
My best fwend on here got her student visa 2day,she will gist u herslf in som few hours.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
lovely,lovely is all i can say.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 5:31am On Aug 24, 2011
WARYZ:

My best fwend on here got her student visa 2day,she will gist u herslf in som few hours.
Congrats to her.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2011
Guys, I have decided not to say anything on this thread again since it's going like a two version thread. Though I'm active on others. Still, I found it hard not to contribute here.

For those looking for a way to survive(study + work) once there, I think it would be better for you to first read and understand these old threads, then resurrect them if needed. They may be helpful.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-344772.0.html

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-304464.0.html
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 9:20am On Aug 24, 2011
Wat happened to my post? shocked shocked shocked I posted my visa experience but cant see it anymore. Let me try re-post
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2011
@Godson2000,

That's called ''administrative process''. Once you are not concealing any skeleton, they will get back to you after verifying your waec very well. Hope that won't disturb you resumption date. If I may ask, why do you want only your waec back and not with your other doc and visa?

@chi-dalu,

I noticed that yesterday. The antispam bot had bounced your post.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2011
Godson2000:

Please house I need help here though am new on this tread. I need to know how I can get my waec certificate from the American embassy. They say my weac is fake while its not. I did the interview on the 16th at Abuja and I have not gotten a reply from them. Meanwhile they took my i20 ds160 and my gtbank receipt too and return my passport to me and said that they will get in touch with me. I have mailed them still no reply till today from them. What should I do now?

That is why when people suggest you go with WAEC scratch cards you do as they suggested. IF you had gone with that you would have been able to argue and make them verify the WAEC result instantly.

My WAEC result looks fake too. And the guy questioned me about it and I told him that is how I was given. He spent about 5 mins checking it from all angles with a microscope to make sure it was real

My advice is pray that everything goes in your favor. And for others learn from this and always go with a WAEC scratch card
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2011
@imperiousxx,
please a friend of my lost his waec certificate in a fire incident.plz can he go to embassy with the online print out and scratch card.he his going for undergraduate study.plz need your reply.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
Godson2000:

@djunit1 (m), bro I had hard argument with them on the authenticity of the result and did all to convince them, the result checking card I got to find out late that it had dropped out from my bag. The consular then collected the waec result and said they will send it down for fraud checking and get back to me and also collected all my other documents save my passport that they will get back to me. The way the whole drama played out was shocking to me and now after sending them mails with no reply am not sure of what to do next.

^^^ Devil at work - full time! I pray they solve the issue quick and get back to you with your visa.

@brain,

Sure he can go with that and his reason. There was a guy here with similar issue - lost certificate issue and got his visa.

@all, why is that the waec cert call for more scrutinizing? Is that the number of fake presented is increasing on daily basis?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
imperiouxx:

^^^ Devil at work - full time! I pray they solve the issue quick and get back to you with your visa.

@brain,

Sure he can go with that and his reason. There was a guy here with similar issue - lost certificate issue and got his visa.

@all, why is that the waec cert call for more scrutinizing? Is that the number of fake presented is increasing on daily basis?

Personally, I think WAEC don loose their glory. My certificate looks fake when you look at it! My picture don almost clean finish from the certificate. I'm sure the embassy guys see things like these daily that is why they now check very well. Come to think of it, WAEC with its big name can not produce a certificate that will stand the test of time.

I dey shame for WAEC. Until they get their acts together, the certs they issue will continue to draw enough scrutiny from everyone.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2011
please my fellow nairalanders,i have searched for schools offering scholarships for spring semester but couldnt see,i hope other experienced members of this thread should help me out please, i ll appreciate,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2011
@adolite and superbrain pls i ll lyk to chat wit u, send an email to my dummy box manakkochar@gmail.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2011
hello, pls is there a thread for USA visiting visa?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2011
bomly:

hello, pls is there a thread for USA visiting visa?

Yeah, by suxes2005. I think the thread has gone 2 to 3 pages down.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:40am On Aug 25, 2011
sha_money:

please my fellow nairalanders,i have searched for schools offering scholarships for spring semester but couldnt see,i hope other experienced members of this thread should help me out please, i ll appreciate,

You no fit see dem like that ooo my bro. Most schools in the south/southwest give but they don't write it boldly on their site, if not at all. Key is check their financial aid page vey well, it's most likely you see what you need.

When I was searching in Feb, I got a school in the north that wanted my to apply for direct PhD without MS. The HOD assured me that there are lots of assistantships available even with the links(that means I may not even pay) whereas this wasn't written on their school page. You can search for schools with high student satisfaction rate.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 2:29pm On Aug 25, 2011
@imperiouxx
thanx bro,i ll check d skuls in d north, its for undergraduate tho, tanx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
sha_money:

@imperiouxx
thanx bro,i ll check d skuls in d north, its for undergraduate tho, tanx

Base on your inquiries, south/southwest is best for you. Consider the living expenses + tuition without scholarship, many parts in the north may not favor you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2011
please can anyone give me the link to USA visiting visa thread on nairaland please
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2011
bomly:

please can anyone give me the link to USA visiting visa thread on nairaland please

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-608780.0.html
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
was denied again yesterday,by that man dat wears blue studed ear ring.
vo-i think i have seen you b4(smilling)
me-yes,i came here last three weeks
vo-ok i interviewed you?
me-no,the woman in counter 4 did
vo-ok
me-(put in a little joke)you are hiding from us rite(cuz he was in that coner room in lagos embassy)
vo-yes its because i like sleepin on duty so i dont want my boss to see me and sack me(both of us laughing so loud,pple where wondering what had happened,i cldnt believe it myself)
vvo-so i see u are going to panhandle
me-yes sir
vo-y did u choose the skool?
me-cuz a young man who works in my aunties office went to the same skool to pursue his masters degree,and now he is bak in nigeria,so when he found out about that i was serching 4 a skool in the u.s he told me how good the skool was,but to confirm it my aunty went to the skool herself,cuz she goes to the u.s every year for holidays,and she was given a tour around the skool,and she told me how good the facilieties were,and how organized it is.
vo-ok did you apply to any other skool?
me-yes(and i told him the names)
vo-have you been to any university in nigeria
me-no sir i am going for my undergraduate studies
vo-when did u finish high skool?
me-2008
(he then started typing,and at 1nce i just saw him change his look like he was suprised to see somtin on his pc,then he said i am so so sorry but i cant grant u a visa at this time
me-sir but my skool has given me an ultimatum to get to skool by 31st unless my addmission will be dropd
vo-just chek dat paper the reason is in their
me-dont worry sir i hav 1 of those @home(then startd parkin my docs and wen i finishd i lookd @ him and said bye sir,he was lookin @me wiz a pity face and then he replied bye bye).
i think mayb wat he saw was that i had done the visa lottery b4,mayb dat was y he denied me cuz we went along so good until he changd his look.
wat stunned me was that their was this cute little 17 year old gal that we met outside she told me that she did not do any thing concerning her addmission and travel docs,she didnt even know wat the i-20 and ds-160 was she said that it was her brother from russia that did the running around for,she and her parents did not even sign the i-20,and the black dude still grantd her.
wat do u pple think?.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
Sorry man. Permit me to ask have you won the visa lottery before? what's your age? What did you fill that you've been doing since 2008? Who is your sponsor? Whats wrong with your DS160?

If you haven't won the visa lottery before then that's not the reason.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
@IMPERIOUXX,am 19,he never askd me wat i hav been doin since 2008,i never won the visa lottery,do u think i should giv it another shot?and has anybody on here done the visa lottery b4 and still got his/her student visa?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2011
my grandma is my sponsor,nofin is wrong wiz my ds 160 cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2011
WARYZ:

my grandma is my sponsor,nofin is wrong wiz my ds 160 cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

That's it. Your granny that gave birth to your pop/mom. Where are your immediate parents? So, as old as she is, you think she can support you all through 4 years? Could she be working at her age? Grandma not even grandpa.

Logically, you mean she is the one supporting your whole family even your uncles and aunties and if it happens that something wrong with her while you are far away, then you'll be stranded.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
I have arrived the US and I am currently trying to settle down so I may not be constant. Once I am settled, I will come back in full force.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2011
imperiouxx:

That's it. Your granny that gave birth to your pop/mom. Where are your immediate parents? So, as old as she is, you think she can support you all through 4 years? Could she be working at her age? Grandma not even grandpa.

Logically, you mean she is the one supporting your whole family even your uncles and aunties and if it happens that something wrong with her while you are far away, then you'll be stranded.

I think any body can sponsor you. It doesn't matter if na Granny or grandpa. We have seen cases where in-laws sponsor people and they got their visas.

Something else could have triggered the denial. I am still among those people who believe applying for Visa lottery makes you an intending immigrant, and can ruin your chances for and F-1 any day. If you're lucky, the VO may not see that while interviewing you but if he does, that is good enough to deny you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2011
@warzy, i dont belief it was because u apply for lottory that is d reason u are denial, My broda apply for visa lottory but still got his f1 visa.Maybe there is another reason for the denial of visa.Maybe there is a change in what u said between your 1st and 2nd interview.The only way your visa lottory can affect is when u won.U can still give another shot but pray well and change that reason about hw u got to know the school not convincing enough.All d best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.