Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546875 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2011
@imperiouxx

Thanks for your answer am greateful , please what can i tell tehm i have been doing , can i tell them i have been in techonology institute coz i studiedd oracle 10g but never gotten a cert maybe i shud go get that , and honestly btw i just de foind admission for naija here but imagine i no see admission here na Usa i dey get admission , enlighten me on what i can tell them on that since 2003 imagine it don tey oo. help me with facts guys,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2011
hello guys,
sorry its been a while on this thread. av been trying to settle down here to the life here and its all good. well heres to all the guys who wanna seek admission. my school is trying to expand so we're operating an open admission policy now, if you wanna do masters in business, computer science or even bachelors in computer science etc, without gre, toefl, and sat, i can help you. i ll also advise u with visa application process and interview tips. please note that i am not an agent and i am not promising anyone visa. i can help you process the application to my school, help u pay application fee, help you pay sevis and other things,
its the same thing i did.
feel free to contact me, and we can chat on yahoo,
Godl bless
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 1:38am On Sep 17, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

hello guys,
sorry its been a while on this thread. av been trying to settle down here to the life here and its all good. well heres to all the guys who wanna seek admission. my school is trying to expand so we're operating an open admission policy now, if you wanna do masters in business, computer science or even bachelors in computer science etc, without gre, toefl, and sat, i can help you. i ll also advise u with visa application process and interview tips. please note that i am not an agent and i am not promising anyone visa. i can help you process the application to my school, help u pay application fee, help you pay sevis and other things,
its the same thing i did.
feel free to contact me, and we can chat on yahoo,
Godl bless
i'm not saying you are fake ooo.b ut, your school no get name wey people fit check themselves? why my school,my school? give us the name and let's check ourselves.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 1:47am On Sep 17, 2011
fun2sho:

Am glad you guys still keep this going. After several days of trying to adapt to thier environment here, i think am well adapted now. I have really missed you guys.
US is great place to be but when you are making decision to come here, please ensure that you choose a state where you know atleast one person; that can realy help
while settling down, it is not compulsory though. But for me, hotel bill nearly cutt off my throught because i dont know anyone in this particular state that i had to stay in an hotel for almost two
weeks.
Well that is just my own experience
Best of luck to those seeking visa for spring 2012. Stay close to this thread and we shall see you here.

Same here o, my enemy suffered for about 3 days or so trying to adjust to a lot of things at a time, thank God for everything, missed the whole house,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 3:05am On Sep 17, 2011
@my friends biikeys and dizzyfrenzy, Its good to know you ve settled down. How TX and Washington dey do una?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2011
OjaP:

i'm not saying you are fake ooo.b ut, your school no get name wey people fit check themselves? why my school,my school? give us the name and let's check ourselves.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD!!!! If truly the guy is as kind as he is making us believe, then he is the Kindest Nigerian living in Yankee!!!!

If you see Naija people for this country RUN!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 12:49am On Sep 18, 2011
@ djunit1: abeg update me. Are naija people in yankee bad? How? I know it's not all, but why should I run? Where I am staying in California, there are few nigerian people, infact very rare, and I've been trying to look for some. But now that u say 'RUN', I need info so as to protect my self. How far?

djunit1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD!!!! If truly the guy is as kind as he is making us believe, then he is the Kindest Nigerian living in Yankee!!!!

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 4:06am On Sep 18, 2011
djunit1:

USBound:

@ djunit1: abeg update me. Are naija people in yankee bad? How? I know it's not all, but why should I run? Where I am staying in California, there are few nigerian people, infact very rare, and I've been trying to look for some. But now that u say 'RUN', I need info so as to protect my self. How far?

ye, I wanna know too cos where I am in Texas, the very few Nigerians I met here got me settled in fast. Maybe you or someone close to you had a very terrible experience but I dont think all 9j really bad the way you dey sound.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biofem2000: 5:54am On Sep 18, 2011
Naira Landers,

I`ve heard there are some schools in the US that do not require Evaluated Transcripts for admission. They simply request for your transcript directly from your school and do their in-house evaluation.

If anyone know such schools, would you be kind enough to post their names here? I need a few of them.

Thank you for your time.

To the new students on the East Coast, I hope you had fun with the earthquake. Scary scary scary, shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biofem2000: 6:19am On Sep 18, 2011
Here`s what I know about declaring that you have relatives in the US.

1. The embassy has no business in knowing you have a 10th cousin in the US. They only care about father, mother and siblings- the important relatives. You don`t have to tell them about your cousin.

2. Telling them you have a brother, sister, father or mother will not be grounds for denial. I am a US citizen by naturalization. My brother told the CO he has a sister who resides in the US, the same state he`ll be attending school, the CO asked if she`s a citizen, he said YES. She/he asked how did your sister become a citizen he said "I don`t know but I think her husband and her worked something out " He also let them know my mom (his mom too grin) is a permanent resident (I filed for her). The CO asked him how he`ll be going to school (transportation), he said by bus cheesy Oh well, its been one year and I`m still the driver!!!!!!!!!!!!
He got his visa.

Here`s what I know about a holder of Electrical Engineering degree applying for Petroleum Engineering, M.S

ost schools in the US will not check your prerequisite so long as your undergrad is in Electrical Engineering. As a Doctoral Student in Civil Eng, I`ve seen students with EE degree in transportation Engineering Classes, Environmental Engineering classes to name a few. After the class, I always asked them what`s your undergrad or M.S in, and they respond proudly.
But, why did I ask them? THEY WERE ASKING THE PROFESSOR DUMB QUESTIONS. Seriously if you go back to Electrical you won`t put anyone through the agony of listening to your questions.
Hey, its just my opinion, don`t flog me grin

Oh, there was once an Economics degree holder in a Pavement Analysis and Design class shocked What? I couldn`t help it, I had to ask the professor (who is a friend/professional colleague by the way) what in the world is going on!!!

So long as the "professor" does not care? Who cares? Some schools only care about the numbers; How many students do we have? Bring them on!! You have a degree, come on in!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 6:56am On Sep 18, 2011
ALWAYS GIVE BACK

THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT VISIT THIS THREADS RELIGIOUSLY PRIOR TO GETTING THEIR VISAS BUT THEN SCRAM IMMEDIATELY THEY GET TO USA, IT WONT HURT ADVISING OTHERS
SEEKING HELP ESPECIALLY ON THIS FORUM MORE ADVISERS THE BETTER

you chop alone you get stuck,lost,used and deported alone, NO BE CURSE O NA ADVICE!!!

cool grin cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Dis Guy

are yu in the Usa? , i have bee denied 3times on assoiciate study do i stand a chance of getitng visa for undergraduate into university this time , and i lost my waec cert original what cna i do if they ask me because they ask the last time that was why i got denied when i told them i lost it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
rowlandoo:

@Dis Guy

are yu in the Usa? , i have bee denied 3times on assoiciate study do i stand a chance of getitng visa for undergraduate into university this time , and i lost my waec cert original what cna i do if they ask me because they ask the last time that was why i got denied when i told them i lost it

Thats not the reason you were denied. Though many reasons associate with your issue, like you finished sec sch in 2003 and since then you don't have any other academic cert than the oracle stuff you said you are doing now. 2003 may be a long way back but that's not an outright denial. Another reason which you youself know is the associate degree you wanted to put in for before. So for the waec cert (GCE i'm sure), just go with waec scratch card because there is no other way you can solve the issue than that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2011
@usbond and myforumid3,

Wetin you guys won tak run for Nigerian do? So I should run for you guys too whenever we eventually meet in US. Abeg forget that joor. ''Just know who you are and the kind of group you belong'' - thats the normal advice from home. Mine is be sensitive about your surroundings.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Imperiousxxx,

You said it all jare, why should you run , What i know is that be your self and dont get your self involve in any ilegal deal but if you must do, do it wisely and not too much,

@Imperiousxx, have you seen date yet?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2011
Adolite:

@Imperiousxxx,

You said it all jare, why should you run , What i know is that be your self and dont get your self involve in any ilegal deal but if you must do, do it wisely and not too much,

Not yet, hopefully this week I will by Gods grace. What about you and is dates much available now?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2011
USBound:

Adolite:

@Imperiousxxx,

You said it all jare, why should you run , What i know is that be your self and dont get your self involve in any[b] ilegal deal but if you must do, do it wisely and not too much, [/b]

Dont know what your idea of "illegal" is but whatever it means, dont even think about it; if them kpab you, ur life don spoil be that.

Im sure DJ didnt mean you should literally run from Nigerians, you just have to be smart about decisions you make and not show your weaknesses when you deal with people besides you should be more comfortable associating with Nigerians than people from any other country.

@USbound : Where in California are u @ ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2011
make any one reply me pleasee
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2011
@ myforumid3

Are you studying at Taxas? if u are I would like to make some enquiries from you.Please let chat on yahoo messenger.my I.d here is same on yahoo messenger.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2011
@ Kay-Dee: I am in San Francisco and honestly, blacks are really scarce here. Atimes, I'm the only black guy in the train. Strange! I have not met any Nigerian apart from two or three in my school. But djunit's advice to run from Nigerians in Yankee seems to make some sense, as in, people also advise thesame. Anyway, I'm sure there are some good nigerians.

@Imperiouxx: I don't think the advice concerns people like you or me who are new to the States. I believe it is Nigerians who have been here for so long that he is talking about.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:01am On Sep 19, 2011
USBound:

@ Kay-Dee: I am in San Francisco and honestly, blacks are really scarce here. Atimes, I'm the only black guy in the train. Strange! I have not met any Nigerian apart from two or three in my school. But djunit's advice to run from Nigerians in Yankee seems to make some sense, as in, people also advise thesame. Anyway, I'm sure there are some good nigerians.

@Imperiouxx: I don't think the advice concerns people like you or me who are new to the States. I believe it is Nigerians who have been here for so long that he is talking about.

Probably.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 1:40am On Sep 19, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Dont know what your idea of "illegal" is but whatever it means, dont even think about it; if them kpab you, your life don spoil be that.

Im sure DJ didnt mean you should literally run from Nigerians, you just have to be smart about decisions you make and not show your weaknesses when you deal with people besides you should be more comfortable associating with Nigerians than people from any other country.

@USbound : Where in California are u @ ?

I tried not to respond to the 'Run from Nigerians' stuff since i read it yesterday, but guess what - that is an impression i will love most of us to correct. There are bad people from different places irrespective of the country but we shouldn't see ourselves as bad people (all the time). Give fellow Nigerians benefit of doubt and judge them individually not forgetting the fact that there are also worse people here. I stay in CA and I have a lot of Indian friends (far more than Nigerians) but one thing I've learnt from them is their communal lifestyle, they don't need to know you before they help or do anything with you. They exchange infos and they link themselves up and that's why they are all over. I guess we need to show more trust and love to fellow Nigerians and at least give some benefit of doubt. I'm yet to meet a bad Nigerian here, but one thing I can tell you is that we always scared of helping ourselves (other Nigerian). I once had a serious argument with a Ghanaian friend and I told him this - 'in a nation of 150 million and let's assume that a million is bad, does is make sense to generalize with such notion?'. May God help us correct this impression.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 3:15am On Sep 19, 2011
Quads:

Hi everyone, are there any naira lander in graduate school in UT Arlington? came in this fall and would want to connect with them. By the way am new to the forum. Good job guys!!

Biikeys is in UT Arlington.

phy:

I tried not to respond to the 'Run from Nigerians' stuff since i read it yesterday, but guess what - that is an impression i will love most of us to correct. There are bad people from different places irrespective of the country but we shouldn't see ourselves as bad people (all the time). Give fellow Nigerians benefit of doubt and judge them individually not forgetting the fact that there are also worse people here[b]. I stay in CA and I have a lot of Indian friends (far more than Nigerians) but one thing I've learnt from them is their communal lifestyle, they don't need to know you before they help or do anything with you. They exchange infos and they link themselves up and that's why they are all over. I guess we need to show more trust and love to fellow Nigerians and at least give some benefit of doubt. I'm yet to meet a bad Nigerian here, but one thing I can tell you is that we always scared of helping ourselves (other Nigerian). [/b] I once had a serious argument with a Ghanaian friend and I told him this - 'in a nation of 150 million and let's assume that a million is bad, does is make sense to generalize with such notion?'. May God help us correct this impression.

I love the bolded part ore. In my opinion, the challenge I think we Nigerians have is that we like to copy the Americans too much. In less than few months abi wen we resume, you see some people, they act like say Nigeria wey dem live over 20years worse pass hell fire and they want to act like the white. I do not have problems with people assimilating other cultures but I think it should be something you should attain over time and that is if you are willing to throw away your African (Nigerian) nature and culture. Me love them Nigerians though I don't have much Nigerian friends and friends generally cos they like mind your business here but the Redeem church I go to as far as I am concerned is a full Nigerian / West African church and I love it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 6:35am On Sep 19, 2011
@ Kay Dee: infact the Indians really help themselves. Less than one week after arrival, they had a big Indian welcome party for themselves with linking up etc. Whereas, no single nigerian even cared whether I arrived or not. Even when I went to dubai, it was thesame thing, Nigerians running away from Nigerians. Nigerians hate themselves that is why the country lacks progress.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2011
Please house i am trying to get a Visa date for visiting visa, I need help please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Quads: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Biikeys: just learnt u just got into UT Arlington. Wanted 2 connect wit grad students hia. just got in myself. u could drop me a line my email is kakaforreal@yahoo.com.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Quads: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
Naira Landers,

I`ve heard there are some schools in the US that do not require Evaluated Transcripts for admission. They simply request for your transcript directly from your school and do their in-house evaluation.

If anyone know such schools, would you be kind enough to post their names here? I need a few of them.

Thank you for your time.

UT Arlington doesnt request for evaluated transcripts. I sent mine directly frm my sch n dat was it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2011
Quads:

Naira Landers,

Thank you for your time.

UT Arlington doesnt request for evaluated transcripts. I sent mine directly frm my sch n dat was it.
Cal state uni doesn't and there are some other schools (MN, etc) listed on this forum sometimes back.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by CaptainBaker: 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2011
Hi house, can i apply for an F1 visa in nigeria while in the Us on am M1 visa? Do i have to terminate my M1? or what are the chances of me getting the F1 visa? What advice can u give me in general? Someone shld please reply me as soon as possible.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2011
CaptainBaker:

Hi house, can i apply for an F1 visa in nigeria while in the Us on am M1 visa? Do i have to terminate my M1? or what are the chances of me getting the F1 visa? What advice can u give me in general? Someone shld please reply me as soon as possible.

Get admission to a school first and apply in the US. The International students' office of the school should help you out.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2011
There is SEPT, OCT,NOV Dates available in Lagos why no NOV,DEC in ABJ, whats wrong?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by CaptainBaker: 3:36am On Sep 20, 2011
Phy thanks but i already spoke with d int student officer and she said i have to go home and re apply for F1 visa. she says i cnt transfer from M1 to F1. What can i do, cos i dont want to take chances goin back home and get denied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.