Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? (22147 Views)

Your Crush And Why You Like Him/her / Ladies: Can You Do This To A Guy You Love?-pix / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by chrisd(m): 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2006
You can say you booked a hotel room with your boyfriend and you'll be staying there for the whole week.
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by Shiela: 3:09am On Apr 23, 2006
I am kinda in the same situation We have been going out for 8 months n i liked him alot at first but the more n more i get to know him better the more i dont like him he just does these little things that really turn me off n remind me of my past i still like him but not as much as i used to n i keep hurting myself n him he tells me he loves me n its hard for me to say it back n he gets really mad n i dont know if i love him as a friend or more n i dont want to have sex with him n i know that is really bugging him i really dont know what to do so if any1 can help please tell me cry
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by hotangel2(f): 3:15am On Apr 23, 2006
How to break up with a man.

You are in a relationship with someone that you are no longer romantically interested in. It's time to be honest.

Difficulty: Hard

Time Required: 60 minutes
Here's How:

1. Get alone with him/her. Don't do this on the phone!

2. Relax. You are doing the right thing, s/he needs to know the truth.

3. Tell him/her that you feel this relationship on its current level needs to end.

4. Give him/her some time to let it sink in.

5. If s/he tries to convince you to give him/her another chance, listen to him/her.
6. Tell him/her that you've made up your mind.

7. Tell him/her at what level you would like to keep your relationship (acquaintences, never-seens, friends, etc).

8. Listen to his/her response. Respect his/her feelings about this new level

9. Let him/her go when s/he feels s/he needs to end the conversation.

Tips:

1. Be honest. Although breakups can be really hard on relationships, honesty will salvage any possible future friendship.
2. When you've realized that you are no longer interested in this person, let him/her know. Don't drag out a pointless relationship.
3. Look at this like taking off a band-aid. Would you rather do it fast or slow? Which one hurts more?

How to reject someone nicely
Unrequited love can be just as bad for the person doing the rejecting. Here is how to say 'no thanks' and still feel good about yourself.

Difficulty: Average

Time Required: 5 - 15 minutes
Here's How:

1. Don't lead the person to believe you may be interested.

2. Be polite and smile.

3. Get to the point quickly.

4. Tell them you appreciate their interest in you but your feelings toward them aren't the same.

5. Be nice; don't say you'd rather be friends if you have no intention of staying

6. Make it as painless as possible by being direct and NOT saying something like, 'if things were different.'

7. Don't over explain or make excuses -- you are not interested, plain and simple.

Tips:

1. You may think that being blunt seems mean but, in fact, it is much more mean to let somebody who doesn't have a chance with you think that they might.
2. Maintain eye contact, keep a calm and steady tone, smile and be polite.
3. Remember that the person being rejected may get angry and call you names -- don't take it personally, it is anger talking.
4. Remember that the person being rejected may act desperate to get you to change your mind -- don't give in to the antics.

All these from www.teenadvice.about.com

That site helps trust me.
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by eveseh(f): 10:50am On Apr 23, 2006
the way he talks to u,and the way he do things for u
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by eveseh(f): 10:57am On Apr 23, 2006
tell him face to face how u feee,

but pls dont type it or wirte it down for him
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by Kadeejah(f): 4:47am On Jun 27, 2006
jus say "i aint feelin u nigga quit buggin me angry angry"
k that wuz a bit harsh buh i dun want no naggin nigga undecided
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by keliscia(f): 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2006
BOYS THEY NEVER HAVE PROBLEM TO MAKE WOMEN SUFFER SO WHY SHOULD WE
just tell him  THIS 4 WORDS
                          I

DONT

YOU

AND LEAVE HIM , 
                        IS BAD TO PLAY WITH SOMEBODYS FEELINGS
                                              GIRLFRIEND

Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by lauryn(f): 4:06am On Sep 08, 2006
I dont like U, So Say Something Smart grin
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by Gamine(f): 1:48am On Jan 06, 2007
whats wrong in tellin a guy str8 up
And why the heck wld u date smone u dnt like
all the fakin and pretendin, it aint worth it
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by Emad(f): 11:14am On Mar 17, 2007
well now lets see, how about

"get off my case, you jerk, don't you get it?? "
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by shadowcat(f): 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2007
just say it.
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by crasniplet(f): 10:19pm On Jun 15, 2007
try and find a nice place 2 enjoy urself as uve never before while enjoying urself try nd tell him nicely dat its time u call it quit
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by oreocookie: 12:52am On Jun 16, 2007
tell him straight up, so he don't think he stil has a chance, but be nice about it.
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by sammy6(m): 1:05am On Jun 16, 2007
just give him one last Bleep then tell him the truth afterwards
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2007
sum people don't take rejection well
they may need restraining orders , there are threads here abt peops that became stalkers after rejection

what if he hits you or tries to kill you so this telling him when ur are alone thingy, naaaaaaaaaaaah

say it on the phone or have dinner in a semi-public place so if he flares up there will be people around. make sure you have a means of getting home without him wink
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by maryray(f): 12:39am On Apr 28, 2008
@ POSTER/TAMIA:
GO WITH WHAT HOT-ANGEL SAID. CHECK D FIRST THING SHE SAID IN THIS TOPIC. IT'S IN I BELIEVE PAGE ONE(1).
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by maryray(f): 1:08am On Apr 28, 2008
undecided
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by tpia: 4:26am On Apr 28, 2008
sometimes the problem isnt telling the guy you don't like him.

Its getting him to believe you really mean it.

maybe vice versa too. dont know if guys have the same problem.
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by Mandora(f): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2008
Ask ur friend how she'll feel if she were in d guy's shoes. I think its bad enough dat guys "use" girls, lets not do same
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by ashe2(f): 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2008
when he talks to u u dont answer at all. calls dnt pik, and if he's talking jus sleep off.wen u act boring and dumb even if he is dumber he wud get the message
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by amaikama(m): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2008
Why should a girl use harsh words to end a relationship just bicos it's not working? angry why not use a simple and matured word like, "let's take a break for a while, i need to sort out some personal issue"

Girls who uses harsh words to end a relationship she is just worst than Jezebel angry
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by TolaniLuv: 12:08am On May 06, 2008
Yo, Jus tell dat nigga you ain't interested . Dat nigga wont get mad, He will continue hunting for anoda fish like we all do. I'm not interested won't break a nigga's heart I mean dat. we have strong mind , Jus sit's ass down and let him know whats up . I think you said 3 month , dat ain't much . End d story
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by Gamine(f): 1:25am On May 06, 2008
Tell him ur actually Lesbian.
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by jaata(m): 2:33am On May 06, 2008
First off your girl should stop leading this dude on. She should have been honest with the guy when they first started hanging out. I lot of brawds go out with dudes because they are bored or lonely. This sounds like your friend. She gotta keep it real with him and tell him she just got out of a relationship and that she isn't feeling him. I hope he ain't the crazy type that will pull an OJ on her dumb ass! lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by acidrop(f): 2:44am On May 06, 2008
tell him this is so hard 2 say, u love him, but things aint jst ryt. actually cry as iif u really want him, then he will have it in mind that u love him but u had 2 do wat u had 2 do
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by sheniqua: 2:44am On May 06, 2008
by refusing his advances.
Most people with a brain get that cue sooner or later
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by sheniqua: 2:48am On May 06, 2008
acidrop:

tell him this is so hard 2 say, u love him, but things aint jst ryt. actually cry as iif u really want him, then he will have it in mind that u love him but u had 2 do what u had 2 do

This may backfire.
Telling him you love him when breaking up? shocked
he may turn into a stalker
you don't want that.

you want him to leave
not hang around trying to  right the wrong with hopes of winning you back
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by acidrop(f): 2:50am On May 06, 2008
na true, then u hook him up with another gurl
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by Cadet(f): 2:51am On May 06, 2008
@post
"we've taken things too fast. We should have been friends first. Now you're boring the heck out of my life! Geez! You're too complicated, boringly complicated. There's someone better than you"

This will work, trust me. He might get pissed, but who the hell cares as long as he's off your shoulder grin cheesy
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by sheniqua: 2:52am On May 06, 2008
Cadet:

@post
"we've take things too fast. We should have been friends first. Now you're boring the heck out of my life! Geez! You're too complicated, boringly complicated. There's someone better than you"

This will work, trust me. He might get pissed, but who the hell cares as long as he's off your shoulder grin cheesy

ROFL
please not that harsh,he may hire assasins
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by acidrop(f): 2:53am On May 06, 2008
na only that, u havent said suicide. guys can be really unpredictable and stupid some times
Re: How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? by iou111: 2:53am On May 06, 2008
" i dont deserve you'' grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Lady With Big Boobs Tells Ladies With Small Boobs (photo) / "Women Have More Opportunities To Cheat Than Men, Men Shouldn't Blame Devil" / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.