Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" (38068 Views)

Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Jonathan's Administration: A Booby Trap For APC / Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan's Admin. &"far Past"- Barcanista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Beremx(f): 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nwaiberibe:

Sorry, but I had to quickly come in and correct the mistake. You were never Igbo, even though u understand the language. Stop deceiving people with that fake personality
ok! grin grin

Nairaland is indeed a place to breed mad people. Hahahahahaha!!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by dekdek: 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
AprokoMan:
[s][/s]

dekdek:

Tell that to ur hopeless papa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nwaiberibe: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
AprokoMan:
[s][/s]

Jeeesus Christ! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin "dead maggot stuck in the left ear of a mad cow from Daura"

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nwaiberibe: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
Beremx:
ok! grin grin

Nairaland is indeed a place to breed mad people. Hahahahahaha!!! grin grin
[/s]
Otu gbawa gi ebe ahu! undecided
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Dannyset(m): 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

You're just wasting your time with long write ups.....since he's hammering on 'his word being his bond'

Why did jonathan contest in last election after saying this??
www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

What should we call this? hypocrisy?? or just plain hatred for Buhari?? smiley

No oooo! Jonathan is no longer the President. It is only the president that should uphold his words according to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
dekdek:

Dead, so dead, son. U can do better than this grin grin feeble-minded tasteless amalgam of dross. Ur not worth my sweat. No single humour

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by dekdek: 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
AprokoMan:

dekdek:

Tell that to ur hopeless papa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Candyrain(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dannyset:

But I have also asked u. Have u not for once made a decision and rescind it because of a reason or the other? If he said that, and he discovered that if he didn't probe them, he won't hav enough to finance his promises. U and I know that it won't be easy to probe those govt before Jonathan because of access to documents. Let's be sincere with ourselves.
Let me also ask u. Did u remember when he was campaigning that he will use the money he recovers from corrupt leaders to feed children in school? Are u saying he didn't understand that he probe here before saying this?

Oh sure I have and when I have people following me I communicate the reason for the change in my decision.

Did Buhari communicate his reason for going back on his "I won't probe past govt" promise?

Let's assume he did, why select only the last administration for probe and saying if he goes far past it will destroy his adminitration?

What does this mean? It means he could actually go far past if he wants but he doesn't want to because it will affect people that are on his side now.

Let me also ask u. Did u remember when he was campaigning that he will use the money he recovers from corrupt leaders to feed children in school?

I don't remember but if he did from what you said then leaders is plural, more than one person, GEJ is one, why leave out others? Do you know the amount he would recover if he goes far past? Much more than you can imagine bro

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Jesusloveyou: 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
M0GIDI:

Because Tinubu have not been properly prosecuted doesn't mean he's clean. Babangida and Abacha were not prosecuted also, we however know how stupendously rich both are.
u have not answer d question, why did ur clueless corrupt hero fail to probe them? Since ur clueless corrupt hero approve their saintism, why not u follow d foot step of ur clueless corrupt hero?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by caprini1: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari should probe everybody and everything from Genesis to Revelation,if he really wants to write his name in marbles,he is above 70yrs old and shouldn't be afraid of anyone or anything,after all the common wealth of this Nation belongs to all of us....anything short of this is not acceptable,I hope 1966 don't repeat itself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
That was why they wanted to start from Iwaela with the nonsense allegations as regards ECA... But madam handled that shortman Oshiomole wella. That so-called Military AI probe is targeted against Ihejirika and Minimah for "killing his(Buhari) brothers", but we won't allow it. Even Madueke will be defended to the last.
The truism about the petroleum ministry and how it was run aground will be found in the annals of our Northern Feudalist. Rilwanu Lukman became a billionare overnight, IBB has never answered for Gulf windfall, Abacha's case is something else, a lot of Northerners have oil well through a bazaar feast by their oligarchs

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
dekdek:

[/s]

dimwitted sonofabastard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Dannyset(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
Candyrain:

Oh sure I have and when I have people following me I communicate the reason for the change in my decision.

Did Buhari communicate his reason for going back on his "I won't probe past govt" promise?

Let's assume he did, why select only the last administration for probe and saying if he goes far past it will destroy his adminitration?

What does this mean? It means he could actually go far past if he wants but he doesn't want to because it will affect people that are on his side now.

I don't remember but if he did from what you said then leaders is plural, more than one person, GEJ is one, why leave out others? Do you know the amount he would recover if he goes far past? Much more than you can imagine bro

And u think it would be easy digging into govts before Jonathan considering the fact that he won't hav access to documents that would enable this probe? Destroying his govt doesn't mean it will affect those close to him. He's just simply saying the rigours it involves is likely to distract his administration and governance.
If his probing of Jonathan,s govt link to past govt, then he will look into it too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
The truism about the petroleum ministry and how it was run aground will be found in the annals of our Northern Feudalist. Rilwanu Lukman became a billionare overnight, IBB has never answered for Gulf windfall, Abacha's case is something else, a lot of Northerners have oil well through a bazaar feast by their oligarchs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

You're just wasting your time with long write ups.....since he's hammering on 'his word being his bond'

Why did jonathan contest in last election after saying this??
www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

What should we call this? hypocrisy?? or just plain hatred for Buhari?? smiley
You posted this before, I ignored you because you can't hold discuss. Now you still come here with that. Didn't Buhari also said he won't contest 2015? I know you don't know this but get this into your head...

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” (Buhari, April 14, 2011)
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/contradictions-muhammadu-buhari-2/
www..com/talk/topic,64864.0.html

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
You posted this before, I ignored you because you can't hold discuss. Now you still come here with that. Didn't Buhari also said he won't contest 2015? I know you don't know this but get this into your head...

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” (Buhari, April 14, 2011)
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/contradictions-muhammadu-buhari-2/
www..com/talk/topic,64864.0.html

Thank you smartie for making my point for me cheesy

Well common sense won't tell you I was pointing out his hypocrisy....but who am I to argue with you O' wise one cheesy
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
Bro, that backside no bad o grin
undecided
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by jlinkd78(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
I must be absolutely honest in my lines here. D moment I started reading this thread I felt this writeup shd v been better done by Barcanista. Suddenly looked up n it was precisely him. Am happy that this guy has consistently been a great critique of d PMB administration with verifiable facts n figures. Keep it up.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Tonylyte(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
dekdek:

Yes because Jonah-daft refused to do what was expected of him. Blame the drunkard. Baba has just limited time.
Listen to yourself again. Give me justifiable reasons why D3 should not probe ibb, obj et all.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by stoicism: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
mentally deranged, blinded by tribalmyopia, pusillanimous barbaric barcanista. Just one of those Mungo football fanatics....trying to sell us nothing as something

barcanista:
Since his March 28 electoral victory, President Buhari has been credited with some statements that are so unworthy of his office as the President of Nigeria. The latest of them is the President's determination to limit his probe to Jonathan's administration only. Add to this, Presidential Spokesman Femi Adesina insulted our sensibilities by these words...

“If you recall, that was already settled before he got inaugurated as president. He has said he will not waste time digging into the far past,”
“The far past will includes Obasanjo and others. But the president has said he will not waste time to go that far.”

In addition to the above statement, the Spokesman also said...
"He can’t afford to go too deep into the past or else it will be destructive for his administration." https://www.nairaland.com/2471364/buhari-probe-jonathans-govt-only

1. The "Far Past" Exclusion:

There was no time during the electioneering or transition period that Buhari made any statement like excluding "far past" administrations. What is "far past"? This obviously is a new creation aimed at protecting certain persons.

Let us do a recall that before the election, APC Chairman John Oyegun was quoted to have said..
“It is clear that from the Buhari’s perspective and that of the APC, the future of the people of this country is too important for us to spend valuable time trying to dig into the past...”

Oyegun further made clarification that the "past" is pre-2015 (not pre-2010) when he said

“And we are going to go into a situation, post May 2015, where the law will normally take its course. There will be a line drawn on the sand; on one part is the past, the other side is the future."
www.punchng.com/news/only-corrupt-nigerians-oppose-buhari-says-apc/

We also recall that Buhari himself on March 11, 2015 in a campaign rally in Kaduna state made it clear that he will only probe post-May 29, 2015 corruption cases.
www.newtelegraphonline.com/i-wont-probe-former-leaders-says-buhari/
www.thenationonlineng.net/buhari-i-wont-probe-past-govts/

There was no talk of "far past" at any time.

2. Obasanjo, Atiku, IBB etc And The "Far Past"

Isn't this laughable? If Buhari had changed his mind from his earlier position, isn't it sane that he probes former administrations especially from the IBB regime? If he insist on probing democratic administrations, then why not start from May 29, 1999? Nigerians will like to know what happened to the billions recovered from Abacha. We will like to bring those indicted in the PTDF scandal to Justice (Obasanjo, Atiku and co). We will like to know what happened to the N2.3trillion the Obasanjo allegedly spent on power. We will like to bring to justice the Haliburton "thieves" among others.

Is Buhari now trying to protect Obasanjo, who happens to be his military benefactor in 1977 and his navigator to the March 28 electoral triumph? Is he trying excluding the Abacha regime because he was part of it? Is he protecting Yar'adua administration because he was his kinsman and certain officers of that government contributed to bring him to power?
Why is Buhari making nonsense of leadership?

3. Going Too Deep Is "Destructive"?

What is destructive in bringing officers of past administrations that has looted our common wealth to justice? Is he trying to say that he can't probe his benefactors (Abacha and Obasanjo), his kinsman (Yar'adua) and his Northern military comrade (IBB), but will only probe Jonathan's administration because he neither benefitted from Jonathan nor is he a kinsman to Jonathan?

Finally, I want to reiterate that I am not against the probe of Jonathan's administration(PDP and Jonathan also share this sentiment). However, it amounts to injustice, unpatriotism and "unstatesmanlike" for the President to come up with a new "jargon" such as "far past" in his bid to shield his benefactors from probe. I to appeal to patriotic Nigerians to call on President Buhari to tow the path of sanity, fairness and statesmanship in leadership.

May God Bless Us All.
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by CSTR2: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by shamecurls(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
[size=38pt]Wailing wailers! grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by An2elect2(f): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
happy the opposition party is not sleeping. Seriously if politics continues like this....just maybe, maybe we will get it right before....
Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by drnelson: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari is on point ...all them Igbo barnicasta or whatever can go hug transformer now that it get power.

Country is moving in right direction. Igbo people are too tribalistic to support Nigeria rather than support thief jona who finished Nigeria its institutions and respect.

He is saying he wants to probe corruption against jona and this barnicasta baboon is writing articles against it.

Cry all you want barcanista...go and cry all you want ...we are coming to catch the thieves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
Please leave Buhari alone. If you have problem with his government, why not join a political party get nominated, win election in your local ward, state level or federal level let's see what you can offer.

Rather than Rambling, Ranting, Whining and Whinging on every issue where Buhari's name is mentioned.

E- politicians without portfolios. Thinking theory is same with practical.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Bdemmy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
Better half than none.

Wherever he probes from, so far it's genuine probe. It's still better than uncle GEJ that never probed at all. He embraced corruption instead.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
stoicism:

mentally deranged, blinded by tribalmyopia, pusillanimous barbaric barcanista. Just one of those Mungo football fanatics....trying to sell us nothing as something

[/s]

You see, why I hate Dullardians is because whenever they come across a thread created by a member of the opposition party, they just ahead to spew the maggots from their throat, no constructive criticism. This one here is a lamentably appalling vermin and a narcissistic blood-curdling proof that test tube experiments can go horribly wrong. Idiota!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by engineerboat(m): 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
Cc:
Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candirain, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi and all patriots

One step two wrong Govt, to worsen the whole issue, all they shout is jonathan this jonathan dat.
No plan on how to rule this country.
All the theif moving around with Him are now saints. We are watching, Olorun lo ma dajo afeyinperan.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by AprokoMan: 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
[s]
drnelson:
Buhari is on point ...all them Igbo barnicasta or whatever can go hug transformer now that it get power.

Country is moving in right direction. Igbo people are too tribalistic to support Nigeria rather than support thief jona who finished Nigeria its institutions and respect.

He is saying he wants to probe corruption against jona and this barnicasta baboon is writing articles against it.

Cry all you want barcanista...go and cry all you want ...we are coming to catch the thieves.
[/s]

Yet another cow escapee

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
Cc:
Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candirain, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi and all patriots
probing obj and the rest is Jonathan work but he clearly deviate from that part because he has his own stealing agenda. And should we blame him? He wasn't born with a silver spoon neither does he has shoes. A sensible president like pmb needn't waste time on u neccessary things, since his predecessor didn't do the needful or in what way did obj tenure affect pmb tenure? Oga gradually ur wailing into the market cos ur writeups are baseless and senseless as usual. Or maybe probing gej will affect ur salary abi na wage u dey collect abi na pay per article cos the rate at which u write senseless things nowadays is alarming. I know say ur that ur witch hunting mode will ban me as usual

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by anonimi: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Perhaps this is why they cannot go into the far past

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....
They too are seeking CHANGE!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
Since his March 28 electoral victory, President Buhari has been credited with some statements that are so unworthy of his office as the President of Nigeria. The latest of them is the President's determination to limit his probe to Jonathan's administration only. Add to this, Presidential Spokesman Femi Adesina insulted our sensibilities by these words...

“If you recall, that was already settled before he got inaugurated as president. He has said he will not waste time digging into the far past,”
“The far past will includes Obasanjo and others. But the president has said he will not waste time to go that far.”

In addition to the above statement, the Spokesman also said...
"He can’t afford to go too deep into the past or else it will be destructive for his administration." https://www.nairaland.com/2471364/buhari-probe-jonathans-govt-only

1. The "Far Past" Exclusion:

There was no time during the electioneering or transition period that Buhari made any statement like excluding "far past" administrations. What is "far past"? This obviously is a new creation aimed at protecting certain persons.

Let us do a recall that before the election, APC Chairman John Oyegun was quoted to have said..
“It is clear that from the Buhari’s perspective and that of the APC, the future of the people of this country is too important for us to spend valuable time trying to dig into the past...”

Oyegun further made clarification that the "past" is pre-2015 (not pre-2010) when he said

“And we are going to go into a situation, post May 2015, where the law will normally take its course. There will be a line drawn on the sand; on one part is the past, the other side is the future."
www.punchng.com/news/only-corrupt-nigerians-oppose-buhari-says-apc/

We also recall that Buhari himself on March 11, 2015 in a campaign rally in Kaduna state made it clear that he will only probe post-May 29, 2015 corruption cases.
www.newtelegraphonline.com/i-wont-probe-former-leaders-says-buhari/
www.thenationonlineng.net/buhari-i-wont-probe-past-govts/

There was no talk of "far past" at any time.

2. Obasanjo, Atiku, IBB etc And The "Far Past"

Isn't this laughable? If Buhari had changed his mind from his earlier position, isn't it sane that he probes former administrations especially from the IBB regime? If he insist on probing democratic administrations, then why not start from May 29, 1999? Nigerians will like to know what happened to the billions recovered from Abacha. We will like to bring those indicted in the PTDF scandal to Justice (Obasanjo, Atiku and co). We will like to know what happened to the N2.3trillion the Obasanjo allegedly spent on power. We will like to bring to justice the Haliburton "thieves" among others.

Is Buhari now trying to protect Obasanjo, who happens to be his military benefactor in 1977 and his navigator to the March 28 electoral triumph? Is he trying excluding the Abacha regime because he was part of it? Is he protecting Yar'adua administration because he was his kinsman and certain officers of that government contributed to bring him to power?
Why is Buhari making nonsense of leadership?

3. Going Too Deep Is "Destructive"?

What is destructive in bringing officers of past administrations that has looted our common wealth to justice? Is he trying to say that he can't probe his benefactors (Abacha and Obasanjo), his kinsman (Yar'adua) and his Northern military comrade (IBB), but will only probe Jonathan's administration because he neither benefitted from Jonathan nor is he a kinsman to Jonathan?

Finally, I want to reiterate that I am not against the probe of Jonathan's administration(PDP and Jonathan also share this sentiment). However, it amounts to injustice, unpatriotism and "unstatesmanlike" for the President to come up with a new "jargon" such as "far past" in his bid to shield his benefactors from probe. I to appeal to patriotic Nigerians to call on President Buhari to tow the path of sanity, fairness and statesmanship in leadership.

May God Bless Us All.
...........People disregard Burukunista and.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

2019: Obj’s CNM Collapses Into ADC / Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? / Sallah: Kashamu Donates Money & Food Items To People In His Mansion In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.