Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,344 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:07 PM

Desperate For A Husband. - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Desperate For A Husband. (62820 Views)

Covenant University Graduate Searching For A Husband Lists Specifications / When Guys Are Desperate For Sex, Check Out Hilarious Stuff They Say / "I Need A Husband" - A 26-Years-Old Nurse Posted On Facebook (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by mannyiyke: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
wrongnumber:

I was watching a talk show on tvc this morning and a marriage councilor talked about an igbo lady that cried to him saying her dad wants a millon naira for her bride price.

She further said her dad should even give her free to the guy because she has aborted 3 times gor the guy and she will be the one to lose should the guy leaves.

I pity igbo ladies.I honestly do.
It's not everywhere in Igboland dat requests for an exorbitant and outrageous bride price. In my part of Igboland (Oraukwu in Idemili North LGA of Anambra), bride price is not more than 20,000 naira excluding food and drinks to be served on that day, except d groom-to-be wants to showcase his wealth. So, d notion dat most igbos demand outrageous bride prices is unfounded and false. U can get that in Owerri and Mbaise parts of Imo State.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Toks2008(m): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
mannyiyke:
It's not everywhere in Igboland dat requests for an exorbitant and outrageous bride price. In my part of Igboland (Oraukwu in Idemili North LGA of Anambra), bride price is not more than 20,000 naira excluding food and drinks to be served on that day, except d groom-to-be wants to showcase his wealth. So, d notion dat most igbos demand outrageous bride prices is unfounded and false. U can get that in Owerri and Mbaise parts of Imo State.

unfortunately its an erroneous beliefs which must be countered by any wise Igbo lady in any affair with a man she would love to marry.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by mrdino(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
jnrbayano:
You were making sense until no 2.

"Igbos" are not expensive. The bride price paid to the bride's family is returned to the man in a 9 out of 10 situation (the bride price paid in the head of each of my 3 sisters were all returned)
**yinmu**
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by jnrbayano(m): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
mrdino:
**yinmu**

I don't care how long you can stretch your nose.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Toks2008:

Then stop sending her money.

My ex would text me she still loves me yet she is still undecisive.

Please forget her fast.For me if i see the right chic to move on with right now i will do so in a flash.

Some ladies are pathetic money mongers. Look very well and you will see other chics. Please forget her.
THIS IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO TELL HIM.
THANK YOU FOR PUTTING IT IN WORDS
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by excellentmomma(f): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
sonofananimal1:
I think I will go with you on this one.
The Era of one man doing everything on his own has past away. Just by looking at the economic situation, nowadays the job market favour women a lot and it has went to the extent that is even hard for men to get a job ( I know how many years I stayed without a job) and that affect the issue of marriage.

And as for the igbo women not marrying, the problem is just the bounty their fathers and the village elders put on there head. Forget to crap who said bride price is cheap. I have witnessed it with my own eyes, them demand too much as a bride price.

That's why you will see many beautiful igbo ladies in their late 20s still single.

If you love a girl, you will find a way to marry her, nobody pays the so-called bounty 100% so that's not the issue, I'm Igbo but the mentality that the man carries all the burden is still very predominant in Igboland, so a struggling man has little or no chance, even the mothers will pursue the suitors if the bride in question doesn't stand her ground. Unlike in Yorubaland or Hausa where a jobless man can marry, patapata they live in the family house and grow from there (the wise ones). I give them Kudos for that.
Then one man to one woman is also "tightly" practiced in the East, how will u see Hausa girl for eg not married, when the Alhajis will easily help themselves with 56 wives in their lifetime, lolzzz, some divorced though. So it's a myriad of reasons and bride price is non of it.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by twentycent(m): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
This thread looks fishy to me...am strolling to food section to catch sm shawarma..I dey Kwom
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Neplusultra(f): 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
tonychristopher:
remember ur friend said he is a fine bobo...mr universe
Hahaha!!!!
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Toks2008(m): 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
twentycent:
This thread looks fishy to me...am strolling to food section to catch sm shawarma..I dey Kwom

As as how?
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
ifeanyi83:

These issues can't be generalized, there are always exceptions here and there. Though I'd rather so southwest or the that part of south-south..before the niger bridge that is.... grin grin
Sorry I don't get you. cheesy
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
excellentmomma:

If you love a girl, you will find a way to marry her, nobody pays the so-called bounty 100% so that's not the issue, I'm Igbo but the mentality that the man carries all the burden is still very predominant in Igboland, so a struggling man has little or no chance, even the mothers will pursue the suitors if the bride in question doesn't stand her ground. Unlike in Yorubaland or Hausa where a jobless man can marry, patapata they live in the family house and grow from there (the wise ones). I give them Kudos for that.
Then one man to one woman is also "tightly" practiced in the East, how will u see Hausa girl for eg not married, when the Alhajis will easily help themselves with 56 wives in their lifetime, lolzzz, some divorced though. So it's a myriad of reasons and bride price is non of it.
Loving a girl is not enough excuse for a man to financially wreck himself just to marry her.

Don't forget he will still need money to run the family.

It's because of this same mentality that has made many men look elsewhere.

It's not like it's only women from the east who can be wife materials. Thank God we have so many variety of tribes to choose from.

So if you people continue with that mentality,,i'm sorry many of your women will still be old and single.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Toks2008(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2015
naijaboiy:

Loving a girl is not enough excuse for a man to financially wreck himself just to marry her.

It's not like it's only women from the east who can be wife materials. Thank God we have so many variety of tribes to choose from.

So if you people continue with that mentality,,i'm sorry many of your women will still be old and single.

This bride price thing sef.You all should watch out for a mind boggling revelation about it in my next article.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
Toks2008:

This bride price thing sef.You all should watch out for a mind boggling revelation about it in my next article.
Lol,,we'll be expecting it.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Taiwo20(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

I would never ever upload a pic onto NL

Apart from people with registered usernames there are thousands of guests viewing every thread and profile at any one time

I don't know how people do it, that's too much exposure for me

i said picture o, not gallery....hian!
never say never.....
or are you with the DSS
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Teespice(f): 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Neverquit:
Guys, please be fair: would you also stay with a wife or girlfriend that is unfaithful to you as long as she truly loves you? I don't think so.

Back to the OP,

I blame us ladies...the thing some of us do in the name of love lipsrsealed:

1. Why would you sleep with your boyfriend without condoms? If una get belly, e go say make una do abortion(s). How many guys will marry you afterwards.

2. Ladies, you can see how guys are dissing us about sexual immorality. Please ask them oo, who are the ladies doing it with? Aliens? So lesson 2, ladies, learn how to say no. If your bf doesn't agree, he can take a walk.

3. Ladies, please be educated in all or most aspects of life. Be knowledgeable about news, finance, investment etc, so that guys won't use you to play.

4. Above all, be prayerful to your God to bring you the right man.

preach it sister.

for all women who will see this. she who has ears let her hear.

she who knows how to pound should pound inside mortar, if not let her pound on the floor.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by excellentmomma(f): 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
naijaboiy:

Do you find it hard to comprehend? Didn't you read that I said, nobody pays all in that list unless of course you have the means or want to show off. I'll rather marry late and honorably and have a "till death do us part" union than be married off to an Alhaji as a child only to be used as his toy and be dumped afterwards. So face ur front.
We are discussing issues as adults here and you are bringing up abuses, if your wretched ass was rejected in Igboland, go find your cheap article somewhere else. They are not begging u.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
excellentmomma:

Do you find it hard to comprehend? Didn't you read that I said, nobody pays all in that list unless of course you have the means or want to show off. I'll rather marry late and honorably and have a "till death do us part" union than be married off to an Alhaji as a child only to be used as his toy and be dumped afterwards. So face ur front.
We are discussing issues as adults here and you are bringing up abuses, if your wretched ass was rejected in Igboland, go find your cheap article somewhere else. They are not begging u.
Madam why so sensitive and confrontational? grin

I believe I quoted you in a very mature way void of insults.

So why am I getting something different in return?

Did you just say you were discussing like an "adult" again? undecided
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by aviona: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Excellentmomma, you don't need to get upset. Everyone has got a varying viewpoint, probably based on their different experiences, background, and environment. It's often said that, variety is the spice of life.
Enjoyed reading your earlier post.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by tonychristopher: 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
Neplusultra:
Hahaha!!!!

why laughing
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Taiwo20:

i said picture o, not gallery....hian!
never say never.....
or are you with the DSS

Lol I was thinking of uploading one of my shadow or something but I cant be bothered
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by excellentmomma(f): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
naijaboiy:

Madam why so sensitive and confrontational? grin

I believe I quoted you in a very mature way void of insults.

So why am I getting something different in return?

Did you just say you were discussing like an "adult" again? undecided

Check the first person that quoted me in a mature way, both of us were talking to each other in a mature way too, I wasn't playing the saint, I acknowledged what's wrong and explained somethings, now you jumped out playing the saint and condemning a whole tribe. I won't take that. Every tribe has their issues, so what's ur point? U are speaking out of hate which wasn't what we were discussing. Have you heard that two people in love didn't marry each other because of bride price? There's always a way round it. It's the players and gold diggers that run. It's just a hurdle that must be crossed to reach ur destination. You may even end up paying nothing if you don't have, and life goes on from there.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by excellentmomma(f): 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
aviona:
Excellentmomma, you don't need to get upset. Everyone has got a varying viewpoint, probably based on their different experiences, background, and environment. It's often said that, variety is the spice of life.
Enjoyed reading your earlier post.
Thanks jare, that guy got on my nerves
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by naijaboiy: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
excellentmomma:

Check the first person that quoted me in a mature way, both of us were talking to each other in a mature way too, I wasn't playing the saint, I acknowledged what's wrong and explained somethings, now you jumped out playing the saint and condemning a whole tribe. I won't take that. Every tribe has their issues, so what's ur point? U are speaking out of hate which wasn't what we were discussing. Have you heard that two people in love didn't marry each other because of bride price? There's always a way round it. It's the players and gold diggers that run. It's just a hurdle that must be crossed to reach ur destination. You may even end up paying nothing if you don't have, and life goes on from there.
Hate?

Lol...the last thing I will do in my entire existence on earth is to become a tribalist.

I have very strong ties with people from the east based on marriage with some people in my family.

Anyway I won't go into that.

I'll stop here before it turns into something else. cool

People just over react to unnecessary things these days. undecided
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Toks2008(m): 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
excellentmomma:

For real? End up paying nothing?

From the little i know about the igbo tribe maybe not all...even if a lady bears all the children in this world for you,she is never considered your wife until you finish all the rights like paying the complete bride price and other rights.

Is this true?
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by DollyParton1(f): 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
jamex93:

lolx

here comes one of the aunties in our society

Here comes one of the knuckle heads in our society.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by excellentmomma(f): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
Toks2008:

For real? End up paying nothing?

From the little i know about the igbo tribe maybe not all...even if a lady bears all the children in this world for you,she is never considered your wife until you finish all the rights like paying the complete bride price and other rights.

Is this true?

It's not true, that happens when you just cohabit with the woman. And if the woman dies that way the man is meant to pay every kobo then.
But if the man does the right thing by honorably going to the inlaws to seek their daughter's hand in marriage with his people, I've not heard of where they are chased away 'cos he couldn't pay all. Yes the villagers drag it, but the onus lies on the father inlaw or family head to wade in. So far they see the man is responsible and serious. I was part of the people that went for my cousin's wife, when they were dragging on the things in the list, it was the girls mother now not father o, that rose up and told the villagers to go if they wish, that they should not spoil things for her cheesy
She has seen the man is serious and she has done all her investigation and that's exactly the kind of person she wants for her daughter. So it depends.
On the issue of paying nothing, yes it's possible, when you are gaining everything what have you paid. Eg Okorocha Imo state gov; his son inlaw is his commissioner, so what do you think he paid. I've seen several responsible men their parents inlaws took up as their own child and those son inlaws benefit so much, not necessarily financial benefits, but good r/ships. The bottom line (for reasonable homes) is how responsible and serious is the man. There is a tradition of going to make independent enquiries on both sides, so there is no issue of the woman wasn't given to the man 'cos he couldn't pay, is she a commodity? The villagers share half of what the man brings, so the hungry ones among them that are not even happy with the marriage will want to skin the man, but that's if the family allows that.
In the end you wed ur wife properly, whether or not you paid any bride price has gone to the dustbin.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Taiwo20(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:

Lol I was thinking of uploading one of my shadow or something but I cant be bothered

OK..oya upload the shadow, lemme see
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by alex406(m): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
Kingscee:
Yea that's what you should do for your senior
Olodo. Did you check my own registered date? Please do check and know who is senior.
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
I smell old cargos all over this thread..

Old cargos are synonymous with the sentence..“If you love her,you would pay millions on her head,more like expired goods for sale...
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
And u are not thinking of what happens to during the pregnancy? Na that time u go hear am, if u don't have moni to do marriage rites make moni first or you talk to would be inlaws else you will regret it if anything happens to her, the reason why we don't have much divorce cases is cos we prepare well (mentally, physically and somehow financially) before we go in to marriage
tmann626:

i agree with u naija boy cos i'm dating an igbo gal n she told me dat ha bride list is out of ds world cos wen dey gave d guy dat married ha elder sista d list. d guy removed hs shirt n sat on the floor. i v already told ha dat i wl gv ha belle if dem no reduce d list.

1 Like

Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Gurgle(f): 12:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Taiwo20:

OK..oya upload the shadow, lemme see

LOL ok night has fallen

maybe tomorrow
Re: Desperate For A Husband. by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 01, 2015
tmann626:

u are right wt numba 3. i dated a gal was i was stl strugglin in university. d gal rily helpd a lot wen i was broke bt she broke up wt me during my service yr. i'm stl regrettin dat we r nt dating anymore cos she wld av enjoyd me now dat i'm a lit bit ok. i do send money to ha once in a while bt i wish i cld stl do more 4 ha

Sorry it didn't work out man. M sure it still hurts. Did she get married 2 sum1 else?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

9 Simple Steps To Satisfy Your Woman’s Breasts By Dr. Phreedah / Nigerian Lady Engaged By Her Facebook Lover: "Facebook Paid Me Off" / Didisassy: "If You Allow Man Grab Your Butt In Public, You Lack Home Training’’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.