Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring (52945 Views)

Man Stares Under His Fiancee's Legs As She Opens Them Wide In Pre-wedding Shoot. / Man Gets Cozy With Fiancee's Bum In Hot Pre-wedding Session / Man And His Fiancee's Bum In Doggie Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Xynthialuvy(f): 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
hemartins:
that lady is sick. let her wait for the ring of her dream when she is 40. that time, she would be begging for a plastic ring.
iranu osi abasha omo jatijati
. Choi, u try o
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by fart: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
hemartins:
that lady is sick.
let her wait for the ring of her dream when she is 40.
that time, she would be begging for a plastic ring.

iranu osi
abasha
omo jatijati

translation please
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by networkrecharg: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
The ring was not the issue. she was trying to use the guy as a back up in-case she couldn't secure a better husband...

donholy28:
Ring of her dreams! mtcheeew na ring she wan marry? and d guy sef dey wait make she post am online..clearly they never loved each other
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by hemartins(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
Xynthialuvy:
. Choi, u try o
would you have rejected such a ring.
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Lateefat12(f): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ring of ur dreams my foot.....D money he wants to use to purchase d ring abeg make he come give me,i av lots of tins to do wit it
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Neplusultra(f): 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tell me it's not true!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by atahav0000(m): 7:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
Are you searching for sugarmummy?

Then search no more! Sugarmummy15 is a new sugarmummy agency that help young guys to get connected to sugarmummy close to their location. Call or whatsapp: +2347032639971 or call: +2348124967421 or BBM: 25C084DE or check our twitter page: @SUGARMUMMY15.

-Sugarmummy15
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by arnold123: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Damn! Ungrateful bitches again!!!!
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 14, 2015
neoapocalypse:

For once I disagree with you , the ring is meant to be symbolic , it is the message carried by it that matters not the cost ( or value ) of the ring. It's not about flaunting the ring but passing the message that you are engaged to be married , that you have met the man/woman who you want to spend the rest of your life with (which means you're supposed to flaunt your new status and not the worth of the ring) , not putting on the ring is a direct act against this. Assuming the ring had some sentimental value to it , it could be the ring was what his dad used for his proposal and he wants to keep it in the family. What if he's dirt poor and he can't afford a more expensive ring , should he wait until he can afford something expensive ?. No matter how basic you think it is there's someone who wouldn't be able to afford it and no matter how costly you think it is there's someone who would think it's plain , basic and dirt cheap so where would you draw the line ?

You should've read my following post below.
EnlightenedSoul:

IMO, there are certain considerations to be made. But after having made those considerations and accepted his proposal, it's def uncouth of him to then turn 'round and give the ring all credence

Neo, please oblige me in reading the OP...
She said YES and accepted the ring but didn't wear it often or put the standard ring finger picture on social media. After a few weeks her boyfriend got angry and confronted her about not posting the ring out there or telling anyone, she lashed out and said this isn't the ring of "my" dreams.

Basically, he got angry because she didn't "put the standard ring finger picture on social media". He's putting all credence in the ring without any consideration whatsoever for it's wearer. How is the so-called symbolism of the relationship more important than any and all consideration, including but not limited to the entirety of the relationship itself? Therein lies the joke, surely. He didn't reciprocate any of the consideration given him, but continues to place ill-befitting, awkward demands. That isn't how it works. Surely, you see there's no tact in that? This is coming from someone whom had she known a ring was in the works, would've refused one altogether, so I hope you can understand that it isn't about the ring per se, but the principle of the matter. I've had more bad luck with rings than one should have to contend with.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Xynthialuvy(f): 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
hemartins:
would you have rejected such a ring.
. Y shld i? Whats even special in it. Its d love dt matterx.

1 Like

Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

You should've read my following post below.

Neo, please oblige me in reading the OP...

Basically, he got angry because she didn't "put the standard ring finger picture on social media". He's putting all credence in the ring without any consideration whatsoever for it's wearer. How is the so-called symbolism of the relationship more important than any and all consideration, including but not limited to the entirety of the relationship itself? Therein lies the joke, surely. He didn't reciprocate any of the consideration given him, but continues to place ill-befitting, awkward demands. That isn't how it works. Surely, you see there's no tact in that? This is coming from someone whom had she known a ring was in the works, would've refused one altogether, so I hope you can understand that it isn't about the ring per se, but the principle of the matter. I've had more bad luck with rings than one should have to contend with.

I get your point dear , still both of them have a part of the blame.
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
neoapocalypse:

I get your point dear , still both of them have a part of the blame.

Alright. Take care.
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by hemartins(m): 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
Xynthialuvy:
. Y shld i? Whats even special in it. Its d love dt matterx.

just checked ur dp
and ur comment...... I love modesty.
I'm sending you a ring.
Re: Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring by Xynthialuvy(f): 8:27am On Sep 17, 2015
hemartins:

just checked ur dp and ur comment...... I love modesty. I'm sending you a ring.
what shld i say?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Couple Who Met On Twitter Set To Marry / Meet Crowncy Anyanwu, 25-Year-Old Virgin Nollywood Actress Who Wants Rich Guys / Prophet Allegedly Dies From Thunderbolt (magun)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.