Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance (36258 Views)

Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery / After Eliminating 40,000 Ghost Workers We Saved N8billion Monthly – presidency / Wike Inspects Port Harcourt Refinery, Facility Starts Refining Of Crude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Setaje(f): 10:06am On Sep 04, 2015
I don't get. How can they say the people who built the refinery were not professionals but our local people were more professional than the original builders. Hmmmmm. This people think they are talking to kids.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by loomer: 10:08am On Sep 04, 2015
Keneking:
Sai Buhari for this choice grin

"The asking price by the original refinery builder was $297 million. The disaster with that was that they were not professionals and they were not ready to give us guarantees. What we have done so far is under $10 million."

Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Next is the second Niger bridge contract:

We can ask Chinese government to release some of their inmates to come and redesign the bridge and help with the construction in turn, we can give them one week supply of crude oil.

Chief, na jona build the refinery?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by chukkiephil(m): 10:08am On Sep 04, 2015
Ikology:

Lubishhhh....
Was it save by him
NNPC did!!!
Which he inherited
lol so bubu did a whole turn around maintance of a refinery within 100days??!! shocked wow wow he is truly working!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2015
LoveMachine:

Once again, so there is a man who has been in the industry for some donkey years, been appointed by an administration that has against all odds unseated the former government, tasked itself with turning around the fortunes of the world's most populous Black Nation, afterwards is being scrutinized for every breath it takes and you the think the man appointed to helm the nation's most valuable sector is unaware of any part of said sector?

For all our sake may you be incorrect in your analysis. But if you are in fact correct and happen to be that thorough I'm not joking when I type this may you be appointed to get the job done. I've said it before I don't care if coconut people from the continent of shea butter get appointed as long as we are in a position of thriving.

From all in dicayions you want Naija to be a better place so may it be well with you and yours. Peace fam!

I am not a fan of PMB, however, I have not faulted his appointment of the new GMD. I am only pointing out that the man seems not to understand the refineries deep enough. He is talking too much as a Professional in the Oil/Gas. Notice that CEO/MDs of even IOCs do not go to the press often. No they don't.

Believe me, for PHC to work close to installed capacity, you need lots and lots of money to invest in it.

In another news, he has given WRPC a 90D ultimatum to come onstream. This isn't too good. Any Engineer who knows any of the refinery will honestly tell you that that ultimatum he gave is not correct.

Do you know that a even small crack of 100mm length on a pressure vessel that you may not see with your eyes may shut down your plant and may take you weeks to find the problem?

I am being sincere Boss...may Nigeria be better!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 10:16am On Sep 04, 2015
Setaje:
I don't get. How can they say the people who built the refinery were not professionals but our local people were more professional than the original builders. Hmmmmm. This people think they are talking to kids.

Exactly...thank God another person has seen that line.

This GMD is talking too much, really!

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by chukkiephil(m): 10:22am On Sep 04, 2015
It is so sad that if something good happens in Nigeria, we don't celebrate rather we fight and argue who the credit goes to?? Like we are gaining anything from giving credit or I suspect some people are getting paid for all this unnecessary fight of who to give credit to and who to castigate!!! It's getting annoying like seriously angry how can a turn around maintance be done in 100days?? Kudos to GEJ and Buhari
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2015
koboko69:

You people are very pathethic. All this could have worked under Jonathans watch for 6 good years..but all we hear were stories upon stories. The latest was that 2016 refineries will start working....this was after several dates. Now things are turning around, you wailinv clowns keep shouting it was Jonathan, but when a bomb goes off in Borno....Buhari is the president. Its time you lots wake up like we from the south south. ...even the die hard Jonathan supporters from the south south have realised Jonathan was nothing but a disaster. I wonder why u guys wail even more than we from the south south...its just so pathetic

Sorry I didn't mean to respond.

Just a mistake
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by LoveMachine(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

I am not a fan of PMB, however, I have not faulted his appointment of the new GMD. I am only pointing out that the man seems not to understand the refineries deep enough. He is talking too much as a Professional in the Oil/Gas. Notice that CEO/MDs of even IOCs do not go to the press often. No they don't.

Believe me, for PHC to work close to installed capacity, you need lots and lots of money to invest in it.

In another news, he has given WRPC a 90D ultimatum to come onstream. This isn't too good. Any Engineer who knows any of the refinery will honestly tell you that that ultimatum he gave is not correct.

Do you know that a even small crack of 100mm length on a pressure vessel that you may not see with your eyes may shut down your plant and may take you weeks to find the problem?

I'm no expert so I respect expert opinions. I can't refute what you say due to my lack of depth in the field. I'd like to believe that my oga is on the money with his assessment.

In terms of his constant press coverage that seems to be the hallmark of this regime. I don't mind it. It gives a feeling of transparency. It's like in sports if a coach is yelling a player that means the coach still cares but when the coach is silent that's when a player needs to worry.

We are warring in the same fight. Let Naija to be great. Much love comrade. May our generations grow and prosper.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by GoodGovernance: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2015
I can see every thing turning around forever more......

Invest billions in machines,without good governance and the right leadership,nothing would work.

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by koboko69: 10:27am On Sep 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Sorry I didn't mean to respond.

Just a mistake

What??
How do u know its a Mr & Mrs thing? So if your wife has a property in her name, you can declare it as part of your property. Wonders shall never end. Your hate will take u to ur early grave o...
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by nobeku: 10:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Rad1cal:

Ain't you all zombies innately stupid.

http://theunion.com.ng/news/refineries-back-on-stream-nnpc/

This news was reported in March 2015 and it is on record that the current TAM using local engineers was carried by Pres. Jona.
EWU!!!His Royal Cheapness..Who argued whether it was Jonathan that did the TAM
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2015
Bevista:
Same Employees, Different Leader, Different Results! Maybe 'body language' is not the right word, but there is definitely something that REAL LEADERS bring that inspires, motivates and drives.

A New Order is indeed upon us. With the right leaders, the Nigerian Dream might become a Reality afterall, who knows?!

Loyalty to the Motherland. Hate the King, but don't let it affect your love for the Kingdom.
This is type of CHANGE we need not the Otuoke, Orubebe, FFK and Doyin Okupe type. We need a Round Peg in a Round Hole. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by nobeku: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2015
patrick89:

No!! everything started working on MEDIA after Gej, I just understand why you people are easily swayed by media preponderance
You za BLAADY FAILING WAILER!!!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by nobeku: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2015
chudionu58:
Una no get shame at all!!!!!.. wasn't it Jonathan that refused giving the TAM to the Original Equipment Manufacturers in October 2014??

http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/warri-kaduna-pharcourt-refineries-to-produce-400000bpd-after-tam-in-2016-nnpc.html

The Stubborn old goats called APC supporters should stop deceiving themselves!
Any mpama!!!!Didn't you fail English in high skool?WAIL!WAILER!!WAILEST!!!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by arsetalks(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Exactly...he is a Media GMD! He is talking too much. If you read the article well, you will agree with me that he doesn't know much about the business of refining.
And yyou with extreme in refiningtology can you help us?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Ayatullah(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2015
This great feat is a credit to President Buhari who took his time to search for Kachikwu. May God bless Kachikwu for this leadership quality.

This is why Nigerians should be patient with the president to scout for honest and patriotic Nigerians.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
the populace should know what the government is doing...except its some covert military programme...
That's why you are hearing the petroleum policy from the head of that sector. The norm worldwide
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by fecremmy(m): 10:57am On Sep 04, 2015
Same Employees, Different Leader, Different Results! Maybe 'body language' is not the right word, but there is definitely something that REAL LEADERS bring that inspires, motivates and drives.

A New Order is indeed upon us. With the right leaders, the Nigerian Dream might become a Reality afterall, who knows?!

You can hate the King, but don't let it affect your love for the Kingdom.

Nice comment.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by arsetalks(m): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

You honestly believe he would not have taken experts' advise before the utterance? Honestly?

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2015
Alxmyr:

Your second response showed limitation of your knowledge about processes of award of contracts in Nigeria.
The President cannot unilaterally award contracts above a particular amount without approval of FEC. This will also be gazetted as official conduct of the President in the FG gazette. Pls seek information before making assertions.
Under this administration, neither the FEC or The President nor ministers will award contracts.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
would the bolded not give buhai and his ilks the latitude to misappropriate funds....you forget buhari should be accountable to all persons in the country and so should make known contracts signed by the government...you guys think this is the military regime??...
You will know from each ministry.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

The media also brought improved power supply to my house.
I keep hearing improved power supply,since when,which area?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

The media also brought improved power supply to my house.
I keep hearing improved power supply,since when,which area,everything is stil same o,stil waiting for body language to give us 24hrs lite
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Bimpe29: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2015
Good one there.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by farem: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Exactly...he is a Media GMD! He is talking too much. If you read the article well, you will agree with me that he doesn't know much about the business of refining.

I agree with you! He doesn't know much about refining AS YOU KNOW!

You easily forget that your expertise in refining of palm oil is not, will not and can never be the same as petroleum. Maybe your confusion is stemmed from the fact that both begin with letter ':p'

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by zarkoZy45: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Boss, I mean no disrespect! This current GMD comes across as someone who does not know about refining business and Engineering Project Management. His communication line does not exude confidence about the system. Trust me, I am not impressed with his media talks so far and I hope we will know more in the future.

Respect, Boss, respect!!
. Why are you trying to be pestimistic. We need to help him in prAyer,alist if not for him,fOr Nigeria. God bless Nigeria
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by stammys: 11:36am On Sep 04, 2015
Bevista:

Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by shaqhead: 11:37am On Sep 04, 2015
Bevista:

You jst made my day wt this..if only the opposition thinks like this instead of prayin dt d roof comes crashin on us so they say "We told u so"..as if we wont all b in d same mess..

God bless U
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by agabaI23(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2015
Bevista:

A New Order is indeed upon us. With the right leaders, just maybe the Nigerian Dream might become a Reality afterall, who knows?!

This is the thing I hate about change of Government. Ask Jaybee3, I discussed this very thing with him. I will look for the thread where I told him the TAM was done by local Engineers. This decision was taken by Deziani Alison- maduake that all of you like to vilify.

Now you are giving the glory to Buhari. It is unfair to Jonathan. Great leader my foot
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Boss, his academic qualification is impressive, no doubt. But believe me, he is not as knowledgeable in running a process plant as the 'ordinary' operator who sleeps and wakes up in the plant.

Boss, with all due respect to you and who you are, I still submit that this man comes across as a "Media" GMD...only time will tell.

Top of the day to you, may God bless your hustle!
That's were you get it all wrong...in the first place, he's not an ENGINEER...Leaders arent supposed to know everything before they can perform best..they have to manage their subjects effectively by supervising thoroughly and continuously motivating them to bring-in their 'A' game...and that's what he has been doing..
Engineer Funsho Kupolokun that was formerly GMD and his likes, what was their achievement

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by brainpulse: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Ba7man, have you ever handled any project in any Oil/Gas business? Now, depending on the type of plant, there are different materials, equipment, skills to manage. For example, if you want to work or replace especially the top section of the FCC Column , you need almost a 250 to 300T Crane. Then go to Sarens to find out how much it cost to only transport only the Counterweights not to talk of the Crane.

This is the truth. Some of the steel required are not shelf material. They have to made specifically for you and the steel manufacturers will do that aafter they take your order and then schedule your quote. All these processes takes time and that itself means COST!

Top of the day to you!
I begi go sidon for somewhere, you have no point just noise. Go re-Read again, I work in an O& G with 10+ years experience currently on a FPSO fabri. The amount is possible wwithout corruption
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by brainpulse: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Ba7man, have you ever handled any project in any Oil/Gas business? Now, depending on the type of plant, there are different materials, equipment, skills to manage. For example, if you want to work or replace especially the top section of the FCC Column , you need almost a 250 to 300T Crane. Then go to Sarens to find out how much it cost to only transport only the Counterweights not to talk of the Crane.

This is the truth. Some of the steel required are not shelf material. They have to made specifically for you and the steel manufacturers will do that aafter they take your order and then schedule your quote. All these processes takes time and that itself means COST!

Top of the day to you!
I begi go sidon for somewhere, you have no point just noise. Go re-Read again, I work in an O& G with 10+ years experience currently on a FPSO fabri. The amount is possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Senator Abubakar Kyari Wears Military Outfit (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Gets An Eagle As Gift From IPOB Owerri Branch (Photos, Video) / How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.