Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance (36159 Views)

Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery / After Eliminating 40,000 Ghost Workers We Saved N8billion Monthly – presidency / Wike Inspects Port Harcourt Refinery, Facility Starts Refining Of Crude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by chudionu58(f): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
nobeku:
Any mpama!!!!Didn't you fail English in high skool?WAIL!WAILER!!WAILEST!!!
Proof read your post... mkpi
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Olukat(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Wailing wailers would claim Jonathan did it.

Your ignorance stinks! angry
Go and ask questions about the TAM?
PGEJ carried out the program
Even your Duara warlord confirmed it.
TAM started in june 2014. I guess then, you were busy issuing voters card to almajiris and peddling lies in the media.
Pls sustain/add to what PGEJ left.
All we want is better Nigeria. Goodluck!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Bevista: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
agabaI23:
This is the thing I hate about change of Government. Ask Jaybee3, I discussed this very thing with him. I will look for the thread where I told him the TAM was done by local Engineers. This decision was taken by Deziani Alison- maduake that all of you like to vilify.

Now you are giving the glory to Buhari. It is unfair to Jonathan. Great leader my foot
Merely throwing money at a problem doesnt solve it, especially if the objective is to embezzle such funds. Between 1999 and 2015, PDP spent more than $20b on Power and over $1b on TAM yet with little or no improvement.

You can give GEJ and OBJ the credit for signing the TAM contracts and i wont disagree with you. But i'll give PMB the credit for getting the results and you are free to disagree with me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by coldcandy: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
funny but you are correct.
...but....what's your prob with 1/2 naked women grin
Obiagelli:
meanwhile wailers say the government isn't doing anything, they want to see the government announce fake contracts every Wednesday in useless FEC meetings with half naked women all over the place.

obinoscopy, lalasticlala

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/kachikwu-we-saved-287m-in-port-harcourt-refinery-turnaround-maintenance/219243/

Gabrinoz add source to your thread
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by agabaI23(m): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bevista:
Merely throwing money at a problem doesnt solve it, especially if the objective is to embezzle such funds. Between 1999 and 2015, PDP spent more than $20b on Power and over $1b on TAM yet with little or no improvement.

You can give GEJ and OBJ the credit for signing the contracts and i wont disagree with you. But i'll give PMB the credit for getting the results.
Are you kidding me? you mean you are giving Buhari credit for TAM that was started and finished two months into Buhari's administration? Buhari even told you he won't take credit?

Haba!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by agabaI23(m): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bevista:

You can give GEJ and OBJ the credit for signing the contracts and i wont disagree with you. But i'll give PMB the credit for getting the results.
This was my response in February
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=agabai23+refineries+project+management&board=20

I had an elebaorate discussion on the issue with jaybee3 recently which I can't lay my hand on.

The information below is the same as what Kachikwu said. What are you talking about?
The original builders were invited to do turn around maintenance and they declined and referred Nigeria to another company who refused to guarantee that the refineries will work full capacity and for a how long.

The federal government decided to rely on home trained engineers who have started working the refineries (Channels interview)
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Rad1cal: 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
nobeku:
EWU!!!His Royal Cheapness..Who argued whether it was Jonathan that did the TAM

Imbec1le, who invited you to the gathering of able humans with good working brains.

You need to apply for a brain donation sourced from an housefly.

It's better than having nothing at all. grin

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by 989900: 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
How can anyone hate on this, even hate on the man for apparently no enumerated reason?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
arsetalks:
You honestly believe he would not have taken experts' advise before the utterance? Honestly?

My Boss, I can bank my life on it, 100%. WRPC cannot work in 3 months from today. Quote me on this please. The FCC repair is a two months work as estimated. In the ND, there are rains uptil December. Customs issues, Welders' & Community issues and even NNPC paying up. WRPC will come up next year!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
if it was in GEJ's era they would have paid the extra $287 million.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by megamank(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You are more than this.

You mean the present GMD knows anything about the turnaround maintenance?

Did you hear him say they used local spears and modules for the maintenance?

You think the period for test running the system is same as time for taken for the corrective maintenance?

You should stop being gullible, this administration has no input on the turnaround maintenance of our refineries which President Buhari has already confirmed and said it is unwise to ascribe the achievement to his government for what he has no input.

Will you say now that the administration has nothing to do with warri refinery now? For your info the TAM did by jona our beloved brother has failed even before the refinery resumed o.......when it comes up again which administration will now take the credit?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by megamank(m): 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
agabaI23:
Are you kidding me? you mean you are giving Buhari credit for TAM that was started and finished two months into Buhari's administration? Buhari even told you he won't take credit?

Haba!

My question here is that did it work? Take a closer look at what has been spent there and the result gotten then you will know that the TAM done on these refineries has been clouded with more fruads than the results for the masses
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Rad1cal: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
teeowl:
if it was in GEJ's era they would have paid the extra $287 million.

Dunce.

Which era did the TAM Kachikwu referred to ?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
brainpulse:
I begi go sidon for somewhere, you have no point just noise. Go re-Read again, I work in an O& G with 10+ years experience currently on a FPSO fabri. The amount is possible

Sir, I respect your experience. God bless your hustle. My Boss, I started my working career in WRPC in 2002. I have worked on NLNG Plants, including Maintenance and Construction. I have been on Akpo FPSO. I have worked on Gas Expansion Projects in Edo, State....all these I have done as a Project/Contract Engineer.

Sir, You need above that 10M USD to rejuvenate fully the PHRC.

May God help Nigeria
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by spinoff: 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bevista:
Same Employees, Different Leader, Different Results! Maybe 'body language' is not the right word, but there is definitely something that REAL LEADERS bring that inspires, motivates and drives.

A New Order is indeed upon us. With the right leaders, just maybe the Nigerian Dream might become a Reality afterall, who knows?!

You can hate the King, but don't let it affect your love for the Kingdom.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
bastard son of a pros.titute mother and an armed robber father.

Rad1cal:

Dunce.

Which era did the TAM Kachikwu referred to ?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by rolchi(m): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
That's were you get it all wrong...in the first place, he's not an ENGINEER...Leaders arent supposed to know everything before they can perform best..they have to manage their subjects effectively by supervising thoroughly and continuously motivating them to bring-in their 'A' game...and that's what he has been doing..
Engineer Funsho Kupolokun that was formerly GMD and his likes, what was their achievement

You have a point...but time will tell.

God bless your hustle always!
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Rad1cal: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
teeowl:
I am bastard son of a pros.titute mother and armed robber father.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!

I see you are very proud of your heritage.

You are an unrepentant dunce, just like those who you call parents. grin
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by kosokoadeyemi: 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
Well don Bros,pls don't give up.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Exactly...he is a Media GMD! He is talking too much. If you read the article well, you will agree with me that he doesn't know much about the business of refining.
hater extraordinaire......jealous stup-id hating moffucker....since ur papa know make him go apply for d job na
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by ZUBY77(m): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Exactly...he is a Media GMD! He is talking too much. If you read the article well, you will agree with me that he doesn't know much about the business of refining.

In a few weeks, his. Media chief will tell us that work has been suspended on the refinery due to technical issues.

He only talks and talks like Lai Muhammad, Shehu Garba and that Yoruba man they have been humiliating into announcing one sided appointments.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by agabaI23(m): 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
megamank:

My question here is that did it work? Take a closer look at what has been spent there and the result gotten then you will know that the TAM done on these refineries has been clouded with more fruads than the results for the masses
Tell me what has been spent? Who am I talking with?

The NNPC DG just told you that cost was cut by the decision of GEJ led government to refuse to enter into any contract with the builders of the refineries when they refused to give guarantees.

By that singular decision, the government spent only $10,000 as against $298 million that was to be paid to foreigners. Now the local engineers finished their work and the refineries are working. What are you arguing? How long to does it take to do a TAM? What due think will happen when local Engineers who will have to understudy the plant before going into the actual maintenance are involved?

You better respond without bias to this mail or quit quoting me.

And remember, Buhari said you should not credit him with the revival of the refineries and you are yet forcing it on him.....what do I call you?
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by ocelot2006(m): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

But when Boko Haram attacks, you heap the blame on the present government. yeye dey smell

Why not? Are those attacks not occur in in REAL TIME? The TAM process occurred under GEJ's watch. That is the difference.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by chudionu58(f): 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Olukat:

Your ignorance stinks! angry
Go and ask questions about the TAM?
PGEJ carried out the program
Even your Duara warlord confirmed it.
TAM started in june 2014. I guess then, you were busy issuing voters card to almajiris and peddling lies in the media.
Pls sustain/add to what PGEJ left.
All we want is better Nigeria. Goodluck!
Ignore those APC goats, we have since proven that the TAM...

1. commenced in Oct 2014
2. NNPC selected local contractors after representatives of the Original Equipment Manufacturers quoted outrageous prices.
3. the three refineries are expected to be brought to a very considerable production capacity after 18 months i.e. by 1st quarter of 2016.

please note that the APC doesn't have any concrete achievement so far, so their supporters are clinging to issues like this to feel good at least. The most important thing is that more Nigerians than before are very much aware of the real status of the TAM!

so my dear, ignore the jobless online warriors.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Rasengan02(m): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Keneking:
Sai Buhari for this choice grin

"The asking price by the original refinery builder was $297 million. The disaster with that was that they were not professionals and they were not ready to give us guarantees. What we have done so far is under $10 million."

Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Next is the second Niger bridge contract:

We can ask Chinese government to release some of their inmates to come and redesign the bridge and help with the construction in turn, we can give them one week supply of crude oil.
why r u screaminf jonah on this ehn? If u r conversant with d news, u wld realise dt Jonah himsef gav d contract to COREN/NSE engineers to do d job nd ere u r saying Buhari saved Nigeria millions. Fine he may nt av been d best president but i dnt like when we attribute one man's success to anoda. Pls research well b4 u comment
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

That's why you are hearing the petroleum policy from the head of that sector. The norm worldwide

gringringrin Petroleum policy kwa? a beg explain am
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

Under this administration, neither the FEC or The President nor ministers will award contracts.

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by kaboninc(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

That's why you are hearing the petroleum policy from the head of that sector. The norm worldwide

The head of which sector Obiagelli?

The head of NNPC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
efilefun:
Na you be the goat here, is this 2016??

Why not open the links and read them...Everything is still as Jonathan/Diezani did them...2016 is OPTIMUM performance target date...TAM agreement signed allowed for them to be using the refinery as work is ongoing maybe to ascertain quality of job being done as this is the first time local engineers are doing TAM thanks to local content policy of Jonathan which also brought indigenous company like Seplat into the system... BTW Jonathan just like here saved about 1billion dollars for the 3refineries by using local contractors....thanks
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by chudionu58(f): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Why not open the links and read them...Everything is still as Jonathan/Diezani did them...2016 is OPTIMUM performance target date...TAM agreement signed allowed for them to be using the refinery as work is ongoing maybe to ascertain quality of job being done as this is the first time local engineers are doing TAM thanks to local content policy of Jonathan which also brought indigenous company like Seplat into the system... BTW Jonathan just like here saved about 1billion dollars for the 3refineries by using local contractors....thanks
You think he didn't read them? Remember you are dealing with propagandists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Chubhie: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
rolchi:

Mere reading through this piece, I discovered that the guy is very strategic. More like Darren Hardy's Compound effect approach.

I'm keeping tabs on him.
Re: Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
chudionu58:
You think he didn't read them? Remember you are dealing with propagandists.

And we have to contend with these sets for how long?...and to think its same man they ridiculed that they fight daily to steal his ideas and projects...smh... its well bro...kudos for the smart logic and sound argument here...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Bend To Greet Alaafin Of Oyo Today (Photos) / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.